• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT7/7| _ Give Tyrande | _ Blizzard: Give Amazon Money

Status
Not open for further replies.
It might be fun for you, but a lot of people are getting increasingly tired of wasting their time playing a game where none of their decisions matter, because they die to a hail mary Yogg.

Yogg belongs in casual in joke decks for Timmy players who don't care if they win or lose, not deciding who advances in tournaments and being grudgingly run by tryhard players because the power level is too high not to..

At this point Blizzard has to nuke the card if they give even half of a shit about their game as an e-sport, and you know what happens when Blizzard nerfs a card. RIP.

As far as FWA, I'm not sure what you're insinuating other than lamely trying to insult me. Believe me, there's tons of people in this thread much better at insulting me. Get on their level or GTFO.
Guaranteed FWA on turn two wins more games for people than Yogg on turn 10, that's what he's pointing out. You're bitching about Yogg while having one of the actual most powerful cards in the game as your avatar.

Levi

Banned
Guaranteed FWA on turn two wins more games for people than Yogg on turn 10, that's what he's pointing out. You're bitching about Yogg while having one of the actual most powerful cards in the game as your avatar.

Well, FWA can be played around. Yogg can't. FWA has to be drawn in your top 5 or 6 cards to be really effective. You can draw Yogg whenever the fuck. FWA has counters: Argent Squire, Totem Golem, Mirror Image, Possessed Villager, Kindly Grandmother, Infested Wolf, Acidic Swamp Ooze, Stoneclaw Totem, Silver Hand Recruit, etc. Yogg has no counter. FWA doesn't ruin a 20 minute game with a series to coin flips to determine the winner that makes the entire rest of the game a complete waste of time since no previous decision mattered to the outcome.

FWA is only so powerful because so many classes have early game drops that snowball out of control when they aren't removed. I'm sorry if your bullshit Mana Wyrm or Tunnel Trogg got removed before you could a Pyroblast's worth of damge out of it but maybe you shouldn't just vomit your hand all over the board and expect to win?

whats the thought on Xixo's spell power based aggro shaman vs. the pre-karazhan one?

https://manacrystals.com/deck_guides/2122-xixo-s-aggro-shaman-feat-spirit-claws

I've been running it some this morning and it feels more consistent than Aggro shaman, especially with how incredibly stupid the spirit claws and portal have made Shaman's early game control.

Also you're less overloaded in this deck while still having the ability to pump out damage.

rahji

just persuaded myself to buy three classic packs with my gold (f2p-player here). And I got a legendary. Yes, I thought. But it is Millhouse. Oh well.
I started at the time before the release of the grand tournament and I am still missing important cards like sylvanas, ragnaros or justicar. I don't know how to get those cards without buying many packs (with money). Guess I will never play any control deck.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Well, FWA can be played around.

You can build your deck around it. You can't play around it. An aggressive deck is not going to refrain from playing their early drops against a warrior just because the warrior might have FWA.

Not saying FWA needs a nerf, but it is true that a bad trade against FWA is essentially game changing RNG that determines the outcome of games.

Yogg has no counter.

A very easy Yogg counter is killing your opponent before Turn 10. This is not a particularly difficult task for a lot of decks.

wiibomb

just persuaded myself to buy three classic packs with my gold (f2p-player here). And I got a legendary. Yes, I thought. But it is Millhouse. Oh well.
I started at the time before the release of the grand tournament and I am still missing important cards like sylvanas, ragnaros or justicar. I don't know how to get those cards without buying many packs (with money). Guess I will never play any control deck.

I buy few packs (I've only put $10 of real money in packs) and usually use the gold to buy them, I would recommend you to buy them with gold as much as you can, you will need that grind to continue.

also, you can try amazon coins if you are up to spend a few real money, I recently (in June or July) bought $50 of amazon coins for $10, I got 38 packs for those $10 and even more from the gold I grind that time. Got myself enough to craft several decks and now I'm not in such a hurry to get more cards since I can build from what I have.

also, classic packs if your way to go here if you don't have much cards in your collection

Dahbomb

You can build your deck around it. You can't play around it. An aggressive deck is not going to refrain from playing their early drops against a warrior just because the warrior might have FWA.

Not saying FWA needs a nerf, but it is true that a bad trade against FWA is essentially game changing RNG that determines the outcome of games.

A very easy Yogg counter is killing your opponent before Turn 10. This is not a particularly difficult task for a lot of decks.
Ah the classic kill them before they kill you hard counter.

Guys Call of the Wild is completely fine, just kill them before turn 8.

And then people wonder why Aggro Shaman is so broke.

patchday

You would have a point if it indeed were hard to survive to turn 10 (like in pre-standard), but the decks that run Yogg, can easily last to turn 10.

I'm still going to go with a Legendary pro champ over the average gaf. When Thijs says Yogg balances itself on the ladder I will stick with him as being vastly more credible

Now for tournament play (esports)- I'd rather it not be there

Levi

Banned

FWA is not an RNG card.

Rushing someone down is not "counterplay".

Dahbomb

This Hunter struggling because it can't top deck Call of the Skill into win anymore.

Still won anyway because two 6/4's for 2 mana is PRETTY good.

Dahbomb

Priest gets rushed down by Anyfin Paladin by turn 8.... in a tournament where like 13 cards are banned and none of them are Priest cards.

Like Paladin was going to win the game anyway but to happen in that fashion just shows how bad Priest is.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
FWA is not an RNG card.

I never said it was. Card draw and the mulligan is RNG. Ergo, whether a warrior has FWA in their opening hand or not is RNG.

Rushing someone down is not "counterplay".

It can be. Sometimes you play aggressively because the type of deck your opponent is playing requires you do to so. It's sort of like that axiom people say about Midrange. It controls the board against Aggro and plays aggressively against Control. If you are anticipating Yogg you can go face against an opponent on Turn 9 instead of aiming to clear a board. You play a certain way in anticipation of a threat. That's counterplay.

Levi

Banned
I don't think they published deck lists did they?

True, but Anyfin Paladin is the most common version of Paladin in the tournament scene from the last few tourney's I've watched.

I originally thought all the Warrior players would substitute King's Defender, but it actually might be better if they use Doomsayer instead/in conjunction with, if they're playing Control.

bjaelke

This one is 3 cards actually. So i'll add gorillabot to the mix with them.

shGRk02.jpg

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
I would be ok with a nerfed yogg by making the battlecry stop if it dies.

Change that to "if it leaves the board" and we're good.

that way it can't shadowstep or vanish itself and continue pumping out spells, and allow re-summoning for free

patchday

Well that C'thun Warrior vs. Purify Priest match was pretty cool. Still a bit of an RNG fest, but in the good way.

what was rng bout it? Priest kicked Ness butt in the end fair and square

Maybe u meant Sylvannas RNG yeah that was lucky... stuff like that

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
So most of the broken ass combos that dominated the Top 2 brawl are gonna be really good here too:

Metaltooth Leaper + MechWarper + Some Mech (Annoy-O-Tron?) = Ultimate Face
Coldlight Oracle + Naturalize + Innervate = MILL GOD

Any other good ones?

manhack

what was rng bout it? Priest kicked Ness butt in the end fair and square

Maybe u meant Sylvannas RNG yeah that was lucky... stuff like that

Shifting Shade, Resurrect, Mind Vision, Bishop; C'thun Juggles were also a big deal. I only mention it because it seems to be the hot topic these days. I think it was pretty typical of what you would expect in a game like this. It was kind of frustrating to see chat still spamming "skill stone" during the match, when this is about as "pure" a control match up as we can see in the game (pun intended).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom