• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT7/7| _ Give Tyrande | _ Blizzard: Give Amazon Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Fool's bane seems like an amazing card even in a world where FWA exists. It's more meant ot help warrior against Zoo-like decks in the mid/late game. Sadly FWA is just so much quicker and about as good that you don't need it most of the time.

Dahbomb

I want to see this Strifecro Druid.

No Yogg, Fandral and Innervate.

Oh it's Beast Druid with Darnassus Aspirant instead of Innervate.

Levi

Banned
this deck is so stupid. why is shaman better at being tempo mage than tempo mage?

the stupid portal gives them better early game AOE than mage can ever dream of.

Uh, Mage has the same early game AOE option. They just don't get the minion to go with it.

75-1003140-gold-1391643979.png

Mirimar

Haha, it is fun to make combinations that really shouldn't work in this brawl. I queued up against a poor shaman running C'thun's Chosen, C'thun, and Dragon Faerie. My deck is made up of Innervate, Raven Idol, and Yogg Sauron. I mulligan and get Raven Idol, Innervate, Innervate, Yogg Sauron. Turn 1 I get another Innervate from Raven Idol. Turn 2 I draw Innervate and play Yogg with 6 spells. Naturally, Yogg kills himself and Call of The Wild is the last spell. Win by Turn 4. First try and probably last with this deck. This was the best result I could have asked for.

HDVJyik.jpg

Levi

Banned
When will the $5 bundle be available? Wasn't it happening this week?

Blizzard says "Unfortunately, we can't provide an exact date right now. Originally. we were targeting to push this out with a patch yesterday, September 13th, but encountered some issues that prevented us from doing so. We are currently in the process of resolving said issues, and will be releasing the patch as soon as possible."

inky

Oh, I thought that offer was independent of the Arena fix patch. Thanks.

I'm just asking because I have some google play credit and I'd like to use it before it expires.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Blizzard says "Unfortunately, we can't provide an exact date right now. Originally. we were targeting to push this out with a patch yesterday, September 13th, but encountered some issues that prevented us from doing so. We are currently in the process of resolving said issues, and will be releasing the patch as soon as possible."

My guess they they failed a test on one of the app stores (somehow), or someone found a crash bug or something that was too big to let into the wild at the last minute. I'm guessing next week we'll see it.

Haha, it is fun to make combinations that really shouldn't work in this brawl. I queued up against a poor shaman running C'thun's Chosen, C'thun, and Dragon Faerie. My deck is made up of Innervate, Raven Idol, and Yogg Sauron. I mulligan and get Raven Idol, Innervate, Innervate, Yogg Sauron. Turn 1 I get another Innervate from Raven Idol. Turn 2 I draw Innervate and play Yogg with 6 spells. Naturally, Yogg kills himself and Call of The Wild is the last spell. Win by Turn 4. First try and probably last with this deck. This was the best result I could have asked for.

HDVJyik.jpg
Been running Innervate, Astral Communion, and Yogg. I played 4 or 5 Yoggs in my last match. Hilarious.

Levi

Banned
My guess they they failed a test on one of the app stores (somehow), or someone found a crash bug or something that was too big to let into the wild at the last minute. I'm guessing next week we'll see it.

The Yogg nerf that was coming with the patch broke something,
I wish.

Dahbomb

Damn near 40K people watching this tournament.

The people have spoken.

That was the fastest top deck slam down Highmane on turn 6 I have ever seen in my life. Legit did not even see the draw animation.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"

Any number of things could have happened. Something might have come up in regression testing. Lord knows that poor regression testing has been a problem for them in the past.

Malchezzar is so fun in this. Not good, just fun.

My Turn One: Innervate, Innervate, Astral
"Amazing."
"Amazing."
"Amazing."
"Amazing."
His Turn One: Mirror Image, Coin, Mirror Image
My Turn Two: Topdeck Baron Geddon
"Spectacular."
"You win this one."

Eheheheheheheh.

gutshot

Damn near 40K people watching this tournament.

The people have spoken.

That was the fastest top deck slam down Highmane on turn 6 I have ever seen in my life. Legit did not even see the draw animation.

Probably has more to do with having established pros/streamers in the tourney than it does with the bans tbh.

fertygo

this firebat tourney kinda boring after first 3 game

Yogg Druid still carry the hell out entertainment factor in tourney scene confirmed

Xanathus

I think Kolento intentionally threw that game because there is no prize pool in the tourney and it's really late in Europe so he didnt want to continue playing in the final.

Uh, Mage has the same early game AOE option. They just don't get the minion to go with it.

75-1003140-gold-1391643979.png

They're totally different cards. 1 is deal 1 aoe damage for 2 mana. The other is deal 1 aoe damage for 1 mana and get a random 1 drop for 1 mana. The value is maelstrom portal is way higher than arcane explosion.

Levi

Banned
They're totally different cards. 1 is deal 1 aoe damage for 2 mana. The other is deal 1 aoe damage for 1 mana and get a random 1 drop for 1 mana. The value is maelstrom portal is way higher than arcane explosion.

I agree on value, but the guy was claiming that Mage doesn't have good early game Area of Effect damage. If you compare it strictly on AOE then Mage has Arcane Explosion and Twilight Flamecaller, both of which have similar early game effects.

Honestly any Mage player complaining about lack of AOE options is going to give me pause. What class has more AOE available?

I 100% agree that Maelstrom Portal is strictly better because of the minion, but he wasn't talking about minions or value, but purely early game AOE options.

And then he complains about Shaman's early game when Mage's early game is just as, if not more, prone to snowballing out of control.

I'd rather face Tunnel Trogg into Totem Golem then Mana Wyrm into Mirror Image into Flamewaker any day of the week.

End of the mill druid in brawl it seems. Every deck I go up against now all hard counter mill, everybody is doing bolster warrior or mechwarper decks, can't mill stuff when they can dump their hand faster than you.

I agree on value, but the guy was claiming that Mage doesn't have good early game Area of Effect damage. If you compare it strictly on AOE then Mage has Arcane Explosion and Twilight Flamecaller, both of which have similar early game effects.

Honestly any Mage player complaining about lack of AOE options is going to give me pause. What class has more AOE available?

I 100% agree that Maelstrom Portal is strictly better because of the minion, but he wasn't talking about minions or value, but purely early game AOE options.

And then he complains about Shaman's early game when Mage's early game is just as, if not more, prone to snowballing out of control.

I'd rather face Tunnel Trogg into Totem Golem then Mana Wyrm into Mirror Image into Flamewaker any day of the week.

... He said "why is shaman better at being tempo mage than tempo mage?
the stupid portal gives them better early game AOE than mage can ever dream of."

Maelstrom portal is a way way better tempo card than comparable mage cards. It's even better than the 3 drop they got, by a large margin because it's cheaper and is a spell buffable by spell power. Only brann makes the mage's 3 drop hit for 2 and that's way more expensive and limited than spell power.

Neither of those aoe cards are played in tempo mage.

Levi

Banned
this firebat tourney kinda boring after first 3 game

Yogg Druid still carry the hell out entertainment factor in tourney scene confirmed

Seems like 40,000+ people disagree with you.

Way more people watching this tournament than Blizzard's own HCT tournaments featuring your beloved Yogg Druid.

Xis

Won my tavern brawl with Priest; ran Northshire Cleric, Light of the Naaru, and Forbidden Shaping. Was real good against the mage decks. Forbidden Shaping should probably be something else though. Light of the Naaru synergizes with itself which is real nice.

fertygo

Aggro lineup winning the tourney kappa

Mam what chu doing jj.. you don't play smorc deck at your stream why being fun buster now

Oh man..

Mirimar

Yep, have fun while you can in the brawl. You'll start seeing hunters running mechwarper metaltooth stuff again. I'm running it with Clockwork Gnome, hahaha.

I did get wrecked early on by someone playing apprentice, arcane intellect, forgotten torch. It hard countered my druid mill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom