• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT7/7| _ Give Tyrande | _ Blizzard: Give Amazon Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

jgminto

These people playing the Imp/Soulfire brawl deck need to realise that the only way they lose to Mill Druid is by playing more than one Imp. They keep playing those imps though!

I threw together a priest deck. Messed around with it. Queued into a match not realizing my only deathrattle was sylvanas and I am running n'zoth. Didn't matter. When I played n'zoth I had brann on board, so it's like my deck wasn't even horribly missing deathrattles. And because I entomb'd and played nefarian with brann on board, I had a blood warriors, so I was planning on copying them all if possible. The control warrior I was playing already used both brawls and played golden monkey... so no answers and he conceded like the golden portrait casual tryhard he is.

edit:
LOL beating top tier decks with a shitty priest deck is hilarious... these guys must be salty as fuck after losing to priest. Malygos druid drew his entire deck, couldn't ohk me, and conceded after I entombed maly. Oh, that was after being able to play yogg twice because of vanish.

zoukka

edit:
LOL beating top tier decks with a shitty priest deck is hilarious... these guys must be salty as fuck after losing to priest. Malygos druid drew his entire deck, couldn't ohk me, and conceded after I entombed maly. Oh, that was after being able to play yogg twice because of vanish.

I don't think most of them are salty. Most people are just mindlessly laddering for the rewards, they might me mildly annoyed to face a slow deck, but whatever the +50% win ratio will carry them to rank 5 in no time playing those net decks.

manhack

EZ Quests completed with the following tavern brawl decks:

Druid: Innervate, Barnes, Ysera; Innervate, Barnes, Prince Malchezzar; and, Innervate, Astral Communion, Prince Malchezzar.

Went 5-0 with Paladin: Abusive Sergeant, Blessing of Might, Stonetusk Boar; Farmed the hell out of druid

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
I don't think most of them are salty. Most people are just mindlessly laddering for the rewards, they might me mildly annoyed to face a slow deck, but whatever the +50% win ratio will carry them to rank 5 in no time playing those net decks.

It's always funny when I go to the darkside myself, and some Control user keeps spam "Thank You" and things like that.

Not much to get salty over when you have a good win rate and have the potential to make up a loss with two wins by the time that control deck finishes his next game.

patchday

Wish I had Astral Communion. I'd try Innervate + Astral + Prince Mal too for grins.

This brawl has been such ez gold wish all the Brawls were this good

Loving the brawl. Countering the broken decks is fun, currently rocking Elemental Destruction, Healing Wave with Prince as a control shaman. Haven't seen a counter yet.

Seriously thought what is what mill druids not just conceding when they see Prince at the start of the game? They all just wait until they've hit fatigue and I still have 10+ cards on them.

Levi

Banned
Mill druid works well but where's the fun in it?

There's your mistake right there, Hearthstone isn't fun.

Arena is MageStone. Constructed is either ShamanStone and lose by turn 6 or if you're lucky enough to get matched up with a slow deck, you get to waste 15-20 minutes before someone falls behind and drops Yogg and will more often than not just fucking win the game.

Why should Tavern Brawl be exempt from the misery?

Seriously thought what is what mill druids not just conceding when they see Prince at the start of the game? They all just wait until they've hit fatigue and I still have 10+ cards on them.

When I was doing my brawl quests yesterday as Mill Druid I did not to the Rogue Prince deck I came across. I removed all the minions they played with naturalize and hit them in the face with Coldlights they couldn't remove. Won without going to Fatigue because I was hitting them for 8 every turn.

Finalow

batstone tournament, made with skype calls and no money, got 40k viewers and was way more interesting than any other recent clown fiesta tournament.

speaking of clowns, people at Blizzard should take some notes.

can't wait for Yogg-Barnes 2%skill rng-fest at BlizzCon though!!1

Levi

Banned
batstone tournament, made with skype calls and no money, got 40k viewers and was way more interesting than any other recent clown fiesta tournament.

speaking of clowns, people at Blizzard should take some notes.

can't wait for Yogg-Barnes 2%skill rng-fest at BlizzCon though!!1

Yogg ain't getting to Blizzcon in his current state.

However, Yogg is going to have his say in the Summer Championships.

I'd be pissed if I was one of those competitors--they'll always be known as the scrub who won a major HCT tournament with random Yogg dice rolls.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
People wondering why Batstone had such high viewership compared to all the Blizzard HCT stuff, it's very obvious why. The rules have nothing to do with it. POPULAR STREAMERS AND PLAYERS ARE THE ONLY ONES PLAYING. HCT would get amazing numbers too if every tournament was Kolento, Firebat, Savijz, Thiis, etc. Easy way to get viewers is to have every popular person in the community in the same thing at the same time.

I do find the decks a bit refreshing and the matches have been good with strong commentary and good joking sometimes. But anyone acting like this tournament is popular because of the format and not because of who is playing is crazy.

When I was doing my brawl quests yesterday as Mill Druid I did not to the Rogue Prince deck I came across. I removed all the minions they played with naturalize and hit them in the face with Coldlights they couldn't remove. Won without going to Fatigue because I was hitting them for 8 every turn.
What were the other two cards? Anyway I don't even mean instantly concede I mean once they see that I've got board clears, healing and more cards in deck they still don't give up.

Levi

Banned
What were the other two cards? Anyway I don't even mean instantly concede I mean once they see that I've got board clears, healing and more cards in deck they still don't give up.

Swashburgler / Burgle. Both they couldn't get value from because their hand was always full.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
People wondering why Batstone had such high viewership compared to all the Blizzard HCT stuff, it's very obvious why. The rules have nothing to do with it. POPULAR STREAMERS AND PLAYERS ARE THE ONLY ONES PLAYING. HCT would get amazing numbers too if every tournament was Kolento, Firebat, Savijz, Thiis, etc. Easy way to get viewers is to have every popular person in the community in the same thing at the same time.

I do find the decks a bit refreshing and the matches have been good with strong commentary and good joking sometimes. But anyone acting like this tournament is popular because of the format and not because of who is playing is crazy.

The hype of the bans absolutely played a huge part in the popularity. The name players also played a huge role.

Finalow

uh, no? The rules and the different format definitely had something to do with it. popular streamers/players too, of course, but that was hardly the only reason.

I mean, where else were you gonna see the glorious PurifyPriest in action.

Yogg ain't getting to Blizzcon in his current state.
did they actually say something about it or it's just you/people hoping that they'll do something. if it's the latter I wouldn't be surprised if nothing at all is done about the card.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member

Popular streamers playing decks that normally don't see much play is exactly what I want from a tournament.

Why should I care who the luckiest top 100 player is?

Maybe if you have more rules that force more deck building skills and less randomness, there'd be more correlation between skill and tournament placement, and some players can gain popularity through tournament consistency instead of streaming personality, but the Blizzard tournament is a joke where you're watching random no name legend players test their card drawing and dice rolling abilities with the same exact decks over and over.

Levi

Banned
The hype of the bans absolutely played a huge part in the popularity. The name players also played a huge role.

Yeah, I'm not sure why people are trying to push this narrative that the format had nothing to do with BatStone's popularity. The format obviously contributed to the hype about the tournament which directly leads to more views.

I'm not watching some midday tournament if it's just the same old shit, no matter who's playing.

Dahbomb

While Priest is struggling to establish significant ladder presence… Wait, there’s no bright spot here. Priest is in terrible shape, and there’s a good reason why at legend ranks, it barely scraps 1% of the Meta.
Savage.

Levi

Banned
did they actually say something about it or it's just you/people hoping that they'll do something. if it's the latter I wouldn't be surprised if nothing at all is done about the card.

If I wasn't confident that Yogg was getting changed before Blizzcon I wouldn't be playing this game anymore.

I really doubt Blizzard wants a World Champion who is a total fucking joke.

Levi

Banned
I had to laugh reading the Mage write-up on VSS since I was just given a bunch of shit for daring to suggest that Arcane Explosion was a good early game AOE card for Tempo Mage:

Tempo Mage continues its success, with Asmodai reaching rank 1 legend with the double Cabalist’s Tome variant, similar to the build Rooftrellen used to reach rank 1 legend two weeks ago. One very interesting tech that’s included in the list is Arcane Explosion. By putting in a low cost AOE card, Tempo Mage is able to increase its win rate against Zoo and Shaman, which are very popular on ladder.

Dahbomb

Having both popular streamers and a different format is what makes stuff like Batstone and Challengestone a success.

Blizzard can influence the latter by simply changing up the meta more frequently.

The former is much more difficult to influence and it simply boils down to making HS far more competitive/skillful than it currently is. If top players are favored to win tournaments and qualify then you will naturally have more well known players being featured at events.

seriously I despise the class now..broken as fuck
Class has been broken since the game's release. Now it's simply over powered broken (vs under powered broken).

I had to laugh reading the Mage write-up on VSS since I was just given a bunch of shit for daring to suggest that Arcane Explosion was a good early game AOE card for Tempo Mage:

I stand by my saying it is not part of the standard list. I never argued it's never been played in tempo mage ever. I've seen it a couple times and I've tech'd in myself weeks ago at times. In the vast majority of lists, arcane explosion doesn't make the cut and if it does, often just a one of trying to target a specific meta like asmodai's list does.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
A class winning by board control is at least better than winning because they went face for the first five turns then burnt you down from 15 with three cards in their hand.

Levi

Banned
I stand by my saying it is not part of the standard list.

My point was that the card exists, therefore Mage has access to early game aoe if they want it.

And people complain about yogg deciding one on in five games, not realizing that people are forced to play yogg because of the proliferation of shaman all over the place..seriously I despise the class now..broken as fuck

More like people have to play shaman so they can win before Yogg fucks them over. Why would anyone but a masochist play a deck that reaches late game? Play a long game, make a lot of decisions, try to find a winning line, oops none of that shit matters Yogg decided to lethal you out of nowhere.

scoot3r

Is there a thing you can do to these foOlsen who hold a card out so there turn won't end? I've been in a grudge match with the guy for about 15 minutes of him holding out a card.

Pooya

Priest got a buff, Tyrande has arrived. Now you can hero power and emote concede stronger.

The Welcome Bundle has arrived! Purchase this one-time only bundle to receive 10 Classic card packs and a random Classic Class Legendary!
Added the new Priest Hero: Tyrande Whisperwind. You will be able to add the new Hero and a new card back to your collection by participating in an upcoming special promotion.
The following card backs have been added:
Tyrande – Acquired via a special promotion
Legion – Acquired by achieving Rank 20 in Ranked Play for September 2016
Pie – Acquired by achieving Rank 20 in Ranked Play for October 2016
A few deck recipes have been updated.
Certain cards will no longer be selectable in the Arena.
If you accept a Friendly Challenge while editing a deck, your deck-building progress will now be saved.
Resolved an issue that could cause gameplay to slow down after using the new Adventure restart feature.
Golden C’Thun and Mounted Raptor can now be crafted or disenchanted.
Medivh’s Valet can now be properly crafted or disenchanted.
Fixed some audio, graphical, and UI issues.

Pooya

Tyrande card back.
cardback_60.gif

since she comes with a cardback I suspect this cost 10 bucks again, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom