• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT7/7| _ Give Tyrande | _ Blizzard: Give Amazon Money

Status
Not open for further replies.
First draft since balance changes (paladin so nothing different for my draft)

EYZJiuh.png

No weapons sadface, but tirion

_DrMario_

Got King Krush. Turns out it was the only Classic class legendary I was missing so yay I guess. Also got my Ironbeak owls back lol. Maybe one day they'll be played again.

I have no idea how hearthpwn admin can do these things. here it is Tyrande in the game and all of her emotes.

https://youtu.be/har5UayjPms

I guess they can modify the client and run it offline.

Conceding on turn 1 against Innkeeper, almost looks like a typical priest game.

Hopefully it's not too much of a pain in the ass to get her, cause she's definitely better than Anduin.

And if it is HotS related then I hope it's nothing too time consuming. I couldn't even convince myself to get the card back in that.

gutshot

Hopefully it's not too much of a pain in the ass to get her, cause she's definitely better than Anduin.

And if it is HotS related then I hope it's nothing too time consuming. I couldn't even convince myself to get the card back in that.

If you just do an AI vs AI battle, you can leave the game running in the background and the AI on your side will always(?) win, even without you helping. You don't get as much XP as doing a PvP battle, but it's not nearly as much of a time commitment. Just have to queue up a new game every 30 mins or so until you get enough XP to ding 20.

I discovered this with only one level to go and really wish I had discovered it sooner. I find MOBAs to be excruciatingly boring.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Wait, can I somehow get Tyrande for free in HS?

JSR_Cube

Bought the Welcome pack.

I got Prophet Velen (which I didn't have at least)
A golden Holy fire and 600 dust.

Could have been worse. Could have been better.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
This is a thing now. http://us.battle.net/heroes/en/blog/20257011/

So I'm guessing we have to play HotS. Tyrande is one of the first free picks now. Pick a hero level her up get Tyrande in Hearthstone. I think that makes the most sense. Note that both patches were supposed to come out at the same time.

I was meaning to try the StarCraft maps, if they're giving me another reason to play HotS, I don't mind at all right now.

HotS already has the cardback promotion. Maybe they'll do a free weekend for Overwatch instead?

IceMarker

Maybe they'll do a cross promotion with Diablo 3 hahahahahahahaha :(
Myself and a lot of other people I assume would love to see Starcraft and Diablo related cards in HS.

HotS already has the cardback promotion. Maybe they'll do a free weekend for Overwatch instead?
Play Overwatch, get Tyrande? Wierd. And I agree HotS already has a promotion so I'm not so sure they would do another one for it, although it would get even more people to play HotS.

So should I dust Black Knight to craft Thalnos
Thalnos was my very first Legendary and I have put him in so many decks over the years. I've never opened Black Knight and I've never had the urge to craft him, if that tells you anything.

ZealousD

Overwatch already got that card back from the pre-order and they just had a free weekend.

The cardback was in the Origins Edition which cost extra $$. It wasn't just a pre-order bonus. And the free weekend was for consoles only. They've haven't done one for PC which would be the platform needed for a cross-promo.

bjaelke

The cardback was in the Origins Edition which cost extra $$. It wasn't just a pre-order bonus. And the free weekend was for consoles only. They've haven't done one for PC which would be the platform needed for a cross-promo.

Point is that there is already an incentive for Hearthstone players to get Overwatch. Diablo (and Starcraft) not so much.

Xanathus

The issue with making the portrait as part of playing Overwatch during a free period is that it makes a free portrait time-sensitive which Blizzard tries not to do. The only way they would do it is if Overwatch had a free Starter Edition and you could get the portrait by playing that. The portrait most likely will be tied to HotS which sucks because I don't want to reinstall that and play it again :/

edit: nevermind I just recalled that they put extra effort into the portrait with custom emotes and stuff, so it may not be a free portrait

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Overwatch already got that card back from the pre-order and they just had a free weekend.

Diablo on the other hand has a 20 year anniversary coming up and that is being celebrated across game worlds.

https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comments/52unei/diablo_2_items_being_added_to_wow_for_diablos/

This is my guess. They have been hinting at (something) Diablo to be revealed at Blizzcon. The Blizzcon Goodie Bags they sent out to streamers had mis-printed D4 dice which have the 1 face showing 1-1-4 instead of 1-1-1 like it should. 11/4 is also the first day of Blizzcon this year... They have done card backs with every other Blizzard product, SC2 LotV, Overwatch, HotS, various WoW expansions. Would make perfect sense to have another Card Back tied to that.

The new thing would be to tie a hero skin to it, but given that I am pretty sure the $10 hero skins sold poorly. Evidenced by none of the other skins have been at that cost - they are free, and in theory Khadgar doesn't make them money at all- charity donation. Bundling this new Hero to an achievement in a new game would be just the kind of thing they'd do. Or making it the pre-order bonus for the new prodcut. Seems legit.

ZealousD

Point is that there is already an incentive for Hearthstone players to get Overwatch. Diablo (and Starcraft) not so much.

If you're counting the Overwatch cardback from the Origins edition, the LotV cardback for the LotV Collector's Edition is also a thing.

Miletius

Well, I bought the welcome pack. Ended up pulling Cenarius as my bonus legendary. Kind of on the fence about it, since technically I don't have that version of it (I pulled a golden Cenarius a long time ago). I'll probably keep it, just for the full collection feeling, but it's not like getting VC or King Krush (lol) which I needed.

I also got a Deathwing, which I dusted, a Golden Void Terror, and a 2nd Cabal Shadow Priest, all of which I'll keep. Not bad for 10 packs.

Pooya

They don't need to push people to play Overwatch, they play it willingly, so I think that's unlikely!

Diablo 20th anniversary is ways off still, I think this is probably something more immediate looking at past events with Hearthstone. It probably happens by tomorrow or something like that.

Levi

Banned
Welcome Pack Get.

Al'Akir was my welcome legendary.

Got an epic (Prep), a gold common (Silence) and an additional legendary (Tirion) from the packs.

It's all dust,

forgrim

I need a friend to spectate, anyone willing to be my friend or let me friend them? It seems most of my friends have retired form hearthstone, have had this quest in my log for several days now.

Forgrim#1958

Parshias7

Got Tirion from the promotion, then Hogger out of one of the packs. Was hoping for Edwin, since he's the only good Classic class legendary I'm missing.

ZealousD

got tirion, rest of the packs sucked except that doomhammer for when the nerf comes

Some people are very optimistic about new nerfs.

Doomhammer won't be nerfed. Nobody cared about that card before Tunnel Trogg became a thing.

Levi

Banned
I need a friend to spectate, anyone willing to be my friend or let me friend them? It seems most of my friends have retired form hearthstone, have had this quest in my log for several days now.

Forgrim#1958

Which server?

You mean 1 mana fiery war axe is good? :p

1 Mana, 9 Damage is a bit better than 2 mana, 6 damage. :p

But I don't care, I'll take my weak weapon anyway. I won't even ask for a buff or anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom