• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT7/7| _ Give Tyrande | _ Blizzard: Give Amazon Money

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blizz nerf is all about recency outrage

Brode said BGH and owl is ok, but they nerf those anyway

They were okay. They nerfed them not because of power level reasons, but because they wanted the meta to change when standard hit.

Some people are very optimistic about new nerfs.

Doomhammer won't be nerfed. Nobody cared about that card before Tunnel Trogg became a thing.

Yeah people cared. It's not like doomhammer + double lava burst is a new thing.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Some people are very optimistic about new nerfs.

Doomhammer won't be nerfed. Nobody cared about that card before Tunnel Trogg became a thing.

This.

Yogg won't be changed. Doomhammer won't either. Blizzard has always been INSANELY conservative with their changes. I'd love to see them branch out more, but before the next Standard rotation next year there is 0 chance anything changes.

In the history of Hearthstone only one (1) card from an expansion or adventure has EVER been changed. That card was the herald of some of the most degenerate and broken meta decks ever concieved, Pre-nerf Undertaker. A card that was so hilariously overpowered, even the cards in GvG (many of which are still best in slot in Wild) were not enough to make the card loosen its stranglehold on the game.

Anyone who wasn't there at the time needs to understand how broke this card was. Naxx and GvG were the only card sets out besides basic/classic cards. Any deck that was not running Undertaker and deathrattles in every mana position would be crushed by any deck that was. The card was so snowbally, that it was not uncommon to see a 6/7 Undertaker on the board (for reference the card was a 1/2 that got +1/+1 for each Deathrattle you played). Obviously if you didn't remove it the turn it hit the board you lost. Many classes at the time had nearly no options to remove it on early turns (Druid later got Living Roots, but this wasn't around at the time), and even if they did usually you could grow it up to a massive size to be out of reach of spells like Swipe and Frostbolt. It was truely the most deserving of a nerf at the time.

Anyone can say whatever they want about Doomhammer/Rockbiter and Yogg, but the cards are NO WHERE on the level of Undertaker. That card was beyond crazy, Yogg meanwhile has the potential to be on that level, but he also costs 10 mana (instead of FREAKING ONE MANA) and doesn't provide any board presence while he snowballs. Doomhammer could be a target for changes eventually because it limits the Shaman class design, by having too much value and burst capability. But in all cases none of these cards are so defining that they rise to Undertaker's level.

This.

Yogg won't be changed. Doomhammer won't either. Blizzard has always been INSANELY conservative with their changes. I'd love to see them branch out more, but before the next Standard rotation next year there is 0 chance anything changes.

In the history of Hearthstone only one (1) card from an expansion or adventure has EVER been changed. That card was the herald of some of the most degenerate and broken meta decks ever concieved, Pre-nerf Undertaker. A card that was so hilariously overpowered, even the cards in GvG (many of which are still best in slot in Wild) were not enough to make the card loosen its stranglehold on the game.

Anyone who wasn't there at the time needs to understand how broke this card was. Naxx and GvG were the only card sets out besides basic/classic cards. Any deck that was not running Undertaker and deathrattles in every mana position would be crushed by any deck that was. The card was so snowbally, that it was not uncommon to see a 6/7 Undertaker on the board (for reference the card was a 1/2 that got +1/+1 for each Deathrattle you played). Obviously if you didn't remove it the turn it hit the board you lost. Many classes at the time had nearly no options to remove it on early turns (Druid later got Living Roots, but this wasn't around at the time), and even if they did usually you could grow it up to a massive size to be out of reach of spells like Swipe and Frostbolt. It was truely the most deserving of a nerf at the time.

Anyone can say whatever they want about Doomhammer/Rockbiter and Yogg, but the cards are NO WHERE on the level of Undertaker. That card was beyond crazy, Yogg meanwhile has the potential to be on that level, but he also costs 10 mana (instead of FREAKING ONE MANA) and doesn't provide any board presence while he snowballs. Doomhammer could be a target for changes eventually because it limits the Shaman class design, by having too much value and burst capability. But in all cases none of these cards are so defining that they rise to Undertaker's level.

The Undertaker -> Coin -> Leper Gnome Turn 1 play. You could feel the fun evaporating as the game began. At least the games were short.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
The Undertaker -> Coin -> Leper Gnome Turn 1 play. You could feel the fun evaporating as the game began. At least the games were short.

Please don't trigger me anymore than I already am. The game is in a much better state now than it ever was back then.

And I still play lots of Wild! Stuff is weird.

They've made nerfs every single year. I wouldn't count it out entirely. We've had 3 years of blizcon with hearthstone. Around year 1 they were still in beta, but also had a bunch of changes happen around blizcon, including buzzard and mind control. Year 2 we had auctioneer/flare/soulfire nerfs then later we had and I think UTH/buzzard nerf. Year 3 we had patron warrior's set of nerfs in addition to under taker.

It's not SO rare that they nerf cards. And if you follow the trend, we're about due for a set of nerfs and this was following the trend they set when they were more stringent about nerfs. They added a whole new reason to nerf basically, which is to keep the standard meta healthy.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
I'm so tempted to craft Boom.

I still have a decent amount of classic epic and legendaries I want, but Boom!

I'm going to play some more wild to make sure I'm going to actually continue playing it, but i think wild will become more popular the more sets are added to wild.

Levi

Banned
Do people on this forum still do ban bets or avatar bets?

Because I'll put my Neogaf account or Avatar on the line that Yogg is changed prior to Blizzcon.

I doubt we'll see any other changes (although I would welcome them) but no way is the freakin' world championship going to be decided by that dumb card.

fertygo

Got Antonidas, and then Velen from the pack :(

man I want Tirion, why not Tirion :(

I got 2nd warleader too, its so close to murloc pally if I got Tirion

Anton sucks :(

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member

Because I'll put my Neogaf account or Avatar on the line that Yogg is changed prior to Blizzcon.

I doubt we'll see any other changes (although I would welcome them) but no way is the freakin' world championship going to be decided by that dumb card.

I'll take an avatar bet. A few weeks with a Pic that says I <3 Yogg should be good for you =)

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth

Really setting yourself up for a lose lose here.

patchday

got Cenarius and Alexstrasza from welcome pack. Not bad, didnt have either of those

That new Tyrande hero looks sweetttt. Its unfortunate I dont like priest. Shes one of my favorite heroes in HoTS. Might still buy Tyrande though

Zemm

Blizz should never nerf the most fun card in the game, which means they almost certainly will, because No Fun Allowed.

Even without Yogg tournament HS is a joke, he needs to be kept for the pogchamp moments.

Miletius

I find myself getting triggered more by Shamans than by Yogg nowadays anyways. Today's games were, shaman, hunter, shaman, shaman, shaman, hunter, shaman, druid, mage, druid, shaman...ect... ect...

No need to play Yogg when you're game plan means killing them on turn 7 or 8. The druids both played Yogg though. I played Ramp Druid for a bit, switched to Tempo Mage, and ended with some Burgle Rogue.

RIP OP Mage, my final moments with the banned cards went pretty well.

zEiCCrE.jpg

Got total crap from my Welcome packs. Freebie legendary was another Van Cleef. One golden rare in the packs. Just a lot of dust.

I find myself getting triggered more by Shamans than by Yogg nowadays anyways. Today's games were, shaman, hunter, shaman, shaman, shaman, hunter, shaman, druid, mage, druid, shaman...ect... ect...

No need to play Yogg when you're game plan means killing them on turn 7 or 8. The druids both played Yogg though. I played Ramp Druid for a bit, switched to Tempo Mage, and ended with some Burgle Rogue.

Just play thief rogue and BECOME the shaman. Kidding aside, I've had a surprisingly high win rate using rogue this season. I'm 9-2 against shaman, and 31-18 overall with the class. Granted, I am just at Rank 8 right now so that isn't really saying much. Plus 2 of those wins were Yolo Yogg wins that just destroyed them. Still, I'm enjoying theif rogue far more than I should. This deck is so "luck" dependent though with the burgles, but it is still insanely fun to play.

What if they just ban Yogg from the championship? That seems more likely to me. Keep the card as is and keep bullshit RNG swings from top competitive play. Win, win.

I personally feel Yogg is great for the game because it is so much fun. My friend and I played a Brawl where we both ran Innervate, Raven Idol, and Yogg and didn't attack each other, just play spells and Yogg. It was insanely fun.

Just play thief rogue and BECOME the shaman. Kidding aside, I've had a surprisingly high win rate using rogue this season. I'm 9-2 against shaman, and 31-18 overall with the class. Granted, I am just at Rank 8 right now so that isn't really saying much. Plus 2 of those wins were Yolo Yogg wins that just destroyed them. Still, I'm enjoying theif rogue far more than I should. This deck is so "luck" dependent though with the burgles, but it is still insanely fun to play.
Can you post a deck list or something similar? Sounds fun.

bernardobri

Steve, the dog with no powers that we let hang out with us all for some reason
The legendary on my Welcome Pack was Al'Akir the Windlord. I was hoping for a Mage one but whatever, at least I got a few goodies from the ten boosters.

Levi

Banned
What if they just ban Yogg from the championship? That seems more likely to me. Keep the card as is and keep bullshit RNG swings from top competitive play. Win, win.

They're not going to ban a card from Blizzcon and leave it on the standard ladder. Can you imagine the shitstorm? "We know this card is straight busted but we don't give a fuck about you plebs on ladder, we only care about balance in tournament play."

I'm glad you had fun playing Yogg in Brawl -- and if they keep Yogg quarantined in casual or wild, great. But get that fucking bullshit out of ranked play.

I personally feel Yogg is great for the game because it is so much fun. My friend and I played a Brawl where we both ran Innervate, Raven Idol, and Yogg and didn't attack each other, just play spells and Yogg. It was insanely fun.

Can you post a deck list or something similar? Sounds fun.

Sure. Here you go.

GCS3Lo9.jpg

This is actually JustSaiyan's list. I tried Yagut's and Feno's list, but I liked this the best. It still feels Miracle-y, but is a lot more proactive. Peddler is pretty insane if you get any sort of value out of it. "Innervate" effects are really brokenly good in this game. I once got to play FlameStrike for 3 mana, and cleared his entire board, while I developed a 5 6.

Leeroy isn't getting nerfed again unless there's a widespread change to charge. At most he will get sent to wild.

At least in Wild he'll still have chicken (from Gnomish Experimenter).

Is leroy even much of an issue right now?

I think at 5 mana, and his admittedly minor downside, he's still good but ultimately balanced. At 4 mana he was ridiculous, basically a Fireball that could be run in all classes.

You never forget the first time you see a Leeroy get Knife Juggled to death by the whelps though. It's glorious.

Levi

Banned
Caved and diluted the purity of my F2P EU account by buying the Welcome Bundle.

Got my first Al'Akir, HARRISON JONES, Prep, and a golden Ancient of Lore. I also got Pit Lord, which is an easy 100 dust.

So super psyched on Harrison, it's a great legendary but never sexy enough to spend my dust on. Al'Akir is also really nice, since Shaman is such a fair and balanced class. I was already winstreaking all my Shaman quests on that account since the class cards are so busted, but now I have a fun burst finisher to combine with Rockbiter. (No Doomhammers on my EU account).

I'm not spending another 5 on Asia; that account is for my garbage F2P dust-poor decks only.

GOLDEN LEEROY JENKINS!!!!!!

Time to craft that Yogg finally and join the dark side.

Don't worry, that dust you spent? You'll be getting it all back in a month. ;)

Dahbomb

If they are going to nerf Leeroy then they should just get on with it and just remove Charge (as a mechanic) from the game completely.

Dre

Got Antonidas in my welcome pack, yay!
That's like the second best outcome for me. Only Grommash would have been better I guess.
Rest of the packs was thrash though, got my second Avenging Wrath and a golden Dread Corsair.
My pity timer got reset in last week's Brawl pack, so I didn't expect another legendary.

jgminto

I don't think Leeroy sees play in any major decks at the moment. Miracle Rogue is focused more towards Maly/Giants, Aggro Zoo is more likely to run Doomguards now and any other decks that would use it don't matter.

I don't think Leeroy sees play in any major decks at the moment. Miracle Rogue is focused more towards Maly/Giants, Aggro Zoo is more likely to run Doomguards now and any other decks that would use it don't matter.

That's why I asked, he's still being run in Reno Lock and sometimes aggro paladin but that's a miniscule amount of the meta.

Any chance you can get more than 2 legendaries?

Outlook not so good.

I'm thinking of it as buying roughly 800 dust for $5. The only classic class legendaries I'm missing now are Velen and King Krush, neither of which I'm desperate for. I think I've dusted 3 Krushes, it was great getting him from Webspinner but he's not really worth a slot otherwise.

I'll almost be at 1600 again after this. I have most of the good legendaries, so I think I want to work towards the Pay to Lose deck again. Malchezzar in the Brawl was so fun with a 50 legendary deck, 35 legendaries has gotta be close. Probably have to play it in Wild though, not enough early game otherwise.

patchday

Decent, but now how do I unlock Tyrande? Better not be HotS My non-gaming laptop can't handle it :/

Yeah I just logged onto my PC after downloading the patch I got that legendary too (Jaraxxus). So that's 3 legendaries from Welcome pack total for me. Not bad at all this was a good haul :D

Everyone is getting legends today from welcome pack. I even got a legend from arena pack. Legends for days.

lol yeah

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom