• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT7/7| _ Give Tyrande | _ Blizzard: Give Amazon Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

patchday

surely Tirion is worth crafting if you have the dust. And I know you must be sitting on pile of dust since you can consistently hit rank 5 (gold epics)

sibarraz

Banned
Leeroy is fine, I think that is a good enough finisher that can't be abused anymore like the old days of miracle rogue.

And when thaurissan is removed from standard he will suffer an slight nerf

surely Tirion is worth crafting if you have the dust. And I know you must be sitting on pile of dust since you can consistently hit rank 5 (gold epics)

I had a gold one, I dusted it because I was obsessed with playing Control Warrior back in 2014 (because it was TEH MOST EXPENSIVE DECK HOLLA HOLLA GET DOLLA~!) to craft Grom instead. Ended up crafting a regular one about two months later. The dumbest thing I've done the whole time I've played this game, second only to dusting a gold Force of Nature before the Force/Roar combo became the main Druid thing.

Now I play even more expensive meme decks, that lose to the least expensive ones, because I still haven't learned my lesson. But I'll always have the memes.

I would love to play some GAFers again, actually. Another EU tournament at some point, hopefully. The games I played against ViviOggi are top 10 all-time for me. He brought Patron Warrior when it was still new and caught me completely off guard. Good times.

fertygo

I use my dust for edwin because its closer to full rogue deck

even if craft Tirion, I still Lightlord and at least 1 forbidden healing away for decent paly deck

getting Tirion there will really lessen the cost, feels bad man

patchday

Wow 2014.... You guys got some serious years on me lol.... I still have lots to learn....

Yeah I just got Edwin the other day. Trying to mess around with Rogue on the ladder right now.

Eddie Bax

Got a legendary in the last classic pack I opened before buying the welcome pack, so wasn't expecting any legendaries besides the freebie (Velen, incidentally, bleh).

Six packs in, opened Nozdormu ... and Cairne. Good times! Also got two epics across the 10 packs. Think I've used up my luck for a while.

patchday

^^ Btw Nozdormu--- still really havent used him. had him forever

crafted my second preparation for this Malygos rogue deck since I had so much dust from welcome pack. All my rogue is missing is Thalnos but I have enough tools to at least give it a shot. so glad Blizz released this Welcome pack I had no idea they were going to do this...

I really have gotten a lot of legendaries lately. not enough time to really explore them all.

Wow 2014.... You guys got some serious years on me lol.... I still have lots to learn....

I've been playing since near the end of Closed Beta.

I've never made a serious drive up the ladder though. Haven't been above 10 at any stage. I'm an anxious person, and ladder anxiety hits me pretty hard after awhile. A lot of the modern tools are great though, I've taken to watching the replays from HDT to see where I can improve. My main weakness is I play far too fast, especially if I'm on a losing streak and the tilt kicks in. And if I'm winning a lot, I'm inclined to quit for the day while I'm ahead. Sometimes I'll win an RNG roll, steal a game, and that'll be it for that day.

I also really love Arena, but more watching it than playing it. I like watching the drafts a lot for some reason. It's oddly compelling to me.

KuroNeeko

oh...sort of.....

Fitting that the preview trailer shows off the Concede emote first...
Maaaaaaaan....I'm getting her day one but her lines are pretty flat...

Special promotion, huh.....sheeeeeeet.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I got 1010 dust from the pack thing, got a bunch of epics for some reason which was nice. Duplicate Cenarius which is fine, Al'akir was the only one I don't have so it wasn't too likely.

My friend got golden Ancient of War, Harrison, Illidan and Antonidas from his packs which is kinda nutty.

Finalow

I'm thinking of buying this welcome bundle since I'm pretty sure I don't have a single class legendary from the classic set. it's some great value for just $5, they should do more bundles like this

If I wasn't confident that Yogg was getting changed before Blizzcon I wouldn't be playing this game anymore.

I really doubt Blizzard wants a World Champion who is a total fucking joke.
unless they stated "we're gonna fix Yogg" you can be as confident as you want but that doesn't mean it's gonna happen.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
WHELP. I bought that bundle because I am gullible and could use the dust.

The class legendary was a dupe. Not unexpected since there are only 2 I'm missing (Velen and Krush due to DE'ing them over the years). but then in the packs...
GOLDEN VELEN. Blizz giveth and Blizz taketh.

fertygo

I'm thinking does Velen will ever became good even if they buff priest like Shamann.. but what kind of card that priest possibly get to made Prhopet velen good.

Its like nah.. impossible right. Just enjoy the 400 dust right.

Dahbomb

I'm thinking does Velen will ever became good even if they buff priest like Shamann.. but what kind of card that priest possibly get to made Prhopet velen good.

Its like nah.. impossible right. Just enjoy the 400 dust right.
It's not difficult to make Prophet Velen busted. If they keep Priests efficient heals/damage then we might have an efficient enough Combo OTK Priest.

Like I don't even have to try that hard to come up with some crazy stuff:

223b5b21.png

Prophet Velen + Blood Heal + Holy Fire = 20 damage for 8 mana. With another Blood Heal and Holy Fire you do 20 additional damage. No need for Emperor either, completely busted.

KuroNeeko

You guys who managed to craft all-golden class sets or decks, how did you manage to do it?

I'm thinking about taking the plunge with Priest now that Tyrande is finally coming out.

edit: Guess I better start with ASP. She gets used in almost every deck. Maybe Thoughtsteal next...

Too bad Entomb and Flash Heal rotate out. Those cards are "Brilliant!"

KuroNeeko

I don't have a single non basic gold card. Whenever I get a gold card it's DE'd with the swiftness.

Yeah, but you're a hardcore player. I come as a WoW player who started with a female Night Elf druid back during Vanilla.

Plus, I like collecting.

Plus, you reach rank 5 every month and I'm still topping out at like...9 or so. ; )

Miletius

You guys who managed to craft all-golden class sets or decks, how did you manage to do it?

I'm thinking about taking the plunge with Priest now that Tyrande is finally coming out.

edit: Guess I better start with ASP. She gets used in almost every deck. Maybe Thoughtsteal next...

I don't craft the golden cards, but I do allow them to accumulate. You'll be surprised how many pile up as you start letting them do so. If you want to, once you get the golden you can DE the regular one. I keep all mine though, just for, yeah, collecting purposes.

Dart

Well I for one play priest exclusively, any other class cards get disenchanted with swiftness & used to craft gold priest cards... may not always win but gold is too beautiful for me to resist ;)

jgminto

It's not difficult to make Prophet Velen busted. If they keep Priests efficient heals/damage then we might have an efficient enough Combo OTK Priest.

Like I don't even have to try that hard to come up with some crazy stuff:

223b5b21.png

Prophet Velen + Blood Heal + Holy Fire = 20 damage for 8 mana. With another Blood Heal and Holy Fire you do 20 additional damage. No need for Emperor either, completely busted.
Blizzard doesn't even like Prep, there's no way they'd print a card like that.

bjaelke

By playing too much.

Dahbomb

Yeah, but you're a hardcore player. I come as a WoW player who started with a female Night Elf druid back during Vanilla.

Plus, I like collecting.

Plus, you reach rank 5 every month and I'm still topping out at like...9 or so. ; )
I don't consider myself hardcore in the game especially nowadays. I am just consistent in playing it. I do my quests and keep things optimum. I can't play the game in long sessions, both because I usually don't have time and because that's a quick way of getting upset at the game fast. It's far easier nowadays to get what you need to do well in the game than when I started out.

Rank 9 isn't too different from rank 6 either. It's more of a mental block than a massive gap in skill or deck power level. Sometimes you just keep at it until you get a lucky streak going. It's also easier like a week before the reset.

KuroNeeko

Rank 9 isn't too different from rank 6 either. It's more of a mental block than a massive gap in skill or deck power level. Sometimes you just keep at it until you get a lucky streak going. It's also easier like a week before the reset.

It'd probably be easier if I didn't make things harder by playing low (or non) tiered lists. Reno Mage has been keeping me sane and Burgle Rogue is fun, but I always come back to Priest.

I guess I could rank up with Secret Hunter or something, then swap to Priest again....

Hard to keep up with both Hearthstone and Shadowverse (with the new set coming out this month), as well as other games in general.

bjaelke

It'd probably be easier if I didn't make things harder by playing low (or non) tiered lists. Reno Mage has been keeping me sane and Burgle Rogue is fun, but I always come back to Priest.

I guess I could rank up with Secret Hunter or something, then swap to Priest again....

Hard to keep up with both Hearthstone and Shadowverse (with the new set coming out this month), as well as other games in general.

Why not go Reno Burgle Dragon Rogue?

Salex_

Anyone else find this ridiculous? 1/1 randomly giving out a free Pyroblast? I mean, of course it didn't matter because he just emptied his hand dropping down sticky minions every turn and attacking face until double Highmane but still.

All of these game changing RNG cards with no drawbacks are so bad for the game (Swashburglar, Firelands Portal, Babbing Book, Barnes, etc).

EDIT: Haven't played constructed in a week. I got welcomed back with Hunter, Dragon Warrior, and Midrange Shaman (which is now apparently better than Aggro Shaman on Data Reaper). lol

vrMHyQs.png

Wow. Blizzard pls.

manhack

Anyone else find this ridiculous? 1/1 randomly giving out a free Pyroblast? I mean, of course it didn't matter because he just emptied his hand dropping down sticky minions every turn and attacking face until double Highmane but still.

All of these game changing RNG cards with no drawbacks are so bad for the game (Swashburglar, Firelands Portal, Babbing Book, Barnes, etc).

It still costs 10 mana, so I wouldn't call it free. I have seen a few people hate on the "add a card to your hand cards" and of course things like the portals, so you are definitely not alone in not liking these cards.

I feel like the add cards are reasonable version of RNG, but they do create a situation where it is much harder to play around your opponent's hand. It is an argument that originally started with thoughtsteal.

I'm ok with these kind of cards because they still make you pay the full mana cost (unlike unstable portal) and add variety to the games, unlike a card like Yogg that is a table flip.

Salex_

It still costs 10 mana, so I wouldn't call it free. I have seen a few people hate on the "add a card to your hand cards" and of course things like the portals, so you are definitely not alone in not liking these cards.

I feel like the add cards are reasonable version of RNG, but they do create a situation where it is much harder to play around your opponent's hand. It is an argument that originally started with thoughtsteal.

I'm ok with these kind of cards because they still make you pay the full mana cost (unlike unstable portal) and add variety to the games, unlike a card like Yogg that is a table flip.

If they want to continue to push this "add random cards" thing more cards like Ivory Knight would be great. Or better yet, just keep pushing the Discover Mechanic. Ivory Knight is probably one of the best designed cards in the Karazhan adventure. Between the sacrificing value for better burst heals, the mind games between your opponent based on your hp amount, selecting the best card for the match-up at that specific point of the game and the following turns, etc. It's just so good.

Add variety through decision making, even if it's from a random set of cards. I think that's more fun for majority of players.

manhack

If they want to continue to push this "add random cards" thing more cards like Ivory Knight would be great. Or better yet, just keep pushing the Discover Mechanic. Ivory Knight is probably one of the best designed cards in the Karazhan adventure. Between the sacrificing value for better burst heals, the mind games between your opponent based on your hp amount, selecting the best card for the match-up at that specific point of the game and the following turns, etc. It's just so good.

Add variety through decision making, even if it's from a random set of cards. I think that's more fun for majority of players.

I agree. Ivory Knight is great because it gives your opponent a chance to guess what you picked from Discover depending on how much you are healed and depending on how much health you already have.

ZeroX03

Banned
midrange shaman can use it

I prefer get that than Antonidas tbh

8's too much for my finisher I think,.

Got nothing good from the packs, like 800 dust for $6 or whatever, not a bad deal. I think I'm closing in on another classic Legendary so I might get that from tavern brawl packs soon.

ViviOggi

I would love to play some GAFers again, actually. Another EU tournament at some point, hopefully. The games I played against ViviOggi are top 10 all-time for me. He brought Patron Warrior when it was still new and caught me completely off guard. Good times.
Good times indeed!
rip Patron 😢

jgminto

It would be much better to get a spell you've already put two copies of in your deck, getting a card like Pyroblast isn't much better than actually including a copy in your deck but potentially having access to a third fireball or frostbolt is why the Book sees play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom