• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT7/7| _ Give Tyrande | _ Blizzard: Give Amazon Money

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got a Golden Van Cleef from one of the packs in my bundle... my first ever Golden Legendary!

(Probably gonna dust it still as i have the regular version)

rahji

dusting all the golden cards is also the way to go for me. Otherwise I would never been able to craft the cards I want.

Xis

My class legendary was King Krush (bleh). On the other hand, in my packs I got Velen, so that's something? Not too bad overall really; my Classic collection is pretty small, and I needed every one of the rares I opened.

patchday

never played a Tavern Brawl so much. and I just got that 'win 5 tavern brawl' quest for 60g. consider it done :)

innervate + barnes + ragnaros is so stronk. ofc sometimes barnes goes full retard and keeps summoning himself instead.... RNG- gotta love it

patchday

It'd probably be easier if I didn't make things harder by playing low (or non) tiered lists. Reno Mage has been keeping me sane and Burgle Rogue is fun, but I always come back to Priest.

I guess I could rank up with Secret Hunter or something, then swap to Priest again....

Hard to keep up with both Hearthstone and Shadowverse (with the new set coming out this month), as well as other games in general.

interesting never even heard of that CCG. I was trying out Faeria which was pretty fun. I figured I'd give it a shot since Karsticles said it used a different payment model (where you can pay for all cards for one price). But after some research I've found that they sent out a survey where they thinking bout getting rid of that + future expansions will be RNG packs. so pluck it--- Hearthstone will probably be my one and only CCG as far as I can see since no one is really making an effort to do anything different as far as I can tell.

And I've looked up lots of different CCGs. Sure, a lot of them offer some different features but in the end- its the same rat race to collect cards

Now I did download Sentinels of the Multiverse on my phone and I enjoy that one. It's a card game- plain and simple. definitely worth my money esp since I love super heroes and all additional cards can be bought with money (they are DLCs)

edit- I still might play Faeria a little on the side tho, havent totally written it off.

Par Score

King Krush as my guaranteed legendary, and a few golden rares. Still pretty good dust value, just enough to get me Tony G and the Super Bloohoof Bros.

If they want to continue to push this "add random cards" thing more cards like Ivory Knight would be great. Or better yet, just keep pushing the Discover Mechanic. Ivory Knight is probably one of the best designed cards in the Karazhan adventure. Between the sacrificing value for better burst heals, the mind games between your opponent based on your hp amount, selecting the best card for the match-up at that specific point of the game and the following turns, etc. It's just so good.

Add variety through decision making, even if it's from a random set of cards. I think that's more fun for majority of players.

Ivory Knight is one of the best designed cards in Hearthstone period, it's my new benchmark of what these guys are capable of when they put their mind to it.

Discover in general has been a really great addition to the game.

patchday

Got a Golden Van Cleef from one of the packs in my bundle... my first ever Golden Legendary!

(Probably gonna dust it still as i have the regular version)

never gonna dust my Golden Cairne. Golden legendaries are mathematical miracles quite literally.

I'd dust a golden oathspark card though if I ever gotten one probably

Xis

Finished a win-5 priest quest by doing the tavern brawl; accidentally made a deck that beats the innervate/naturalize/coldlight oracle druid. (Posted my deck before, but didn't have any experience against the innervate druid).

I was running Forbidden Shaping (often cast for 0 to avoid losing cards), Northshire Cleric (good for other matchups, but a 1-drop 1/3 isn't terrible in the druid matchup), and Light of the Nauuru (the real MVP). I would just play the Clerics and Shapings and hoard the Light of the Naaru until I was well into fatigue damage, then started healing myself and making a bunch of tokens that got bigger each time I healed myself. A few get Naturalized, but by endgame they used most of their Naturalizes already.

Asbel

Got some nice epics from my welcome pack. My first shadow priest and gorehowl and second brawl. Was due for my pity timer so got my first black knight and van cleef.

wiibomb

Why are people spending money on classic packs, in 2016?

because many are new...?? I mean, I'm spending all my gold in just those, I still have a lot to collect from them.

Also, because the welcome pack has an incredible value either in cards or dust

gutshot

Aw yeah, got Tirion from my Welcome Bundle!

In the packs I got a Velen, gold Avenging Wrath and gold Knife Juggler and Auctioneer. Plus I unpacked the last two commons I was missing, so now I have every common in the game. All that for only 19 cents out of pocket (thanks to Google Rewards). Not bad!

Aw yeah, got Tirion from my Welcome Bundle!

In the packs I got a Velen, gold Avenging Wrath and gold Knife Juggler and Auctioneer. Plus I unpacked the last two commons I was missing, so now I have every common in the game. All that for only 19 cents out of pocket (thanks to Google Rewards). Not bad!

Nice! I got like all cards I already had, so it was a nice amount of dust. Almost enough for a legendary, so I might just craft Rag.

sibarraz

Banned
2qK8e8v.png

Yogg ladies and gentlemen, the best part was when he used blade furry having a 5 attack gorehowl to remove my whole board, and dropping the 3 nerubians with 4 other cards in my deck by the next turn.

I'm out

Bought the "Welcome" pack, Velen was the legendary but already had him. Other than that I got 10 new cards and nice chunk o' dust.

In other news, that feeling when you're looking for Grom to finsh off someone who's Armor'ing Up by 4 every turn before he gets out of range, and he's the last damn card.

L09lJWK.jpg

Better late than never, I suppose...

Ladekabel

As someone who wants to play Malydruid, thanks for the article. Helps me alot.

Yesterday I lost 8 games in a row with Maly Token Druid. So I thought maybe I record a few games and maybe people in here could help me where my misplays were.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pD7QvCAbvUg (No music since I mostly watch streams while playing Hearthstone and it recored the stream's audio, too)

Did I mulligan right?

And in game 1: Should I've coined Wrath on the Tunnel Trogg or on turn 2 kill the Tunnel Trogg instead of the Flametongue? Was it right to go all out in the turn I played Fandral?

Game 2: ...Why?

Thanks for help in advance!

Yogg back in tournaments, disgusting wins off yogg. So lame.

Hoej basically beat both gaara's control decks off yogg in druid. Pretty fucking lame. Especially the one against priest. Well, the one against warrior was disgusting too. But on another level against priest.

They should have made yogg cause overload easily. No yogg 1 turn and follow up with maly burst the next turn after elemental destruction clears the board imo.

Yesterday I lost 8 games in a row with Maly Token Druid. So I thought maybe I record a few games and maybe people in here could help me where my misplays were.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pD7QvCAbvUg (No music since I mostly watch streams while playing Hearthstone and it recored the stream's audio, too)

Did I mulligan right?

And in game 1: Should I've coined Wrath on the Tunnel Trogg or on turn 2 kill the Tunnel Trogg instead of the Flametongue? Was it right to go all out in the turn I played Fandral?

here's what i would've done i think.

1) definitely would've mulliganed like you did
2) turn 1 would've coined wrath the trogg no matter what. if golem comes down turn 2 you're in a tough place
3) i'm not sure if i would do it or not, but once i saw the feral spirits i would've done coin->teacher->innervate->growth for board presence. i'm so spooked by aggro shaman that i usually go aggressive on everything even though it dumps your hand. however with the other innervate in hand you can bring out the giant next turn (i think right, since you did a wild growth too?)
4) i didn't love the fandral->inn->inn->teacher play

rahji

just had so much fun with yogg in my mage deck. I call it a win condition. finally beat a c'thun warrior, a deck which I could only beat if the warrior draws poorly.

Malice215

Got King Krush , a dupe Grommash, and a couple of golden cards. Not bad for $5.

Going to save the dust and bank gold for the next expansion since I have what I need for the current meta.

rahji

Hoej basically beat both gaara's control decks off yogg in druid. Pretty fucking lame. Especially the one against priest. Well, the one against warrior was disgusting too. But on another level against priest.

They should have made yogg cause overload easily. No yogg 1 turn and follow up with maly burst the next turn after elemental destruction clears the board imo.

I really like the yogg plays. I think it was pure luck that yogg destroyed his whole board.

fertygo

Did I mulligan right?

Game 1, bro you got the dream there.. coin innervate teacher there, let say the shamen does kill teacher, he must trade with trogg, only lightning bolt n trade trogg that gonna kill teacher there and you get ramp with wild growth on empty board, if he can't kill teacher.. wild growth is what you always want to do in t2, so coin + innervate teacher had no downside at all at that game.

2. you get the dream hand there, but in other scenario, I always coin WG against presumeably aggro at t1 if I get it

t1 WG means you get 3 mana next turn that means you possibly can use 1 mana spell + hero power

living roots + hero power can help you kill 3 hp minion like Tunnel Trogg/mana wyrm etc

or raven idol while ping something, its very small but can be very big.

really not sure yogg decide the game on that game, the result was spectacular but all hoej want to do is something small that enough to do maly burst next turn, its not like Garaa gonna in dominating position

if yogg only do something small n not astral communion hoej, the result still the same

bunbun777

1 legendary (gromash) (dusted) and a golden bane of doom.
If they made the 5 dollar pack available once a month I would be hooked.

really not sure yogg decide the game on that game, the result was spectacular but all hoej want to do is something small that enough to do maly burst next turn, its not like Garaa gonna in dominating position

if yogg only do something small n not astral communion hoej, the result still the same

Did we even watch the same match?

You know hoej was in fatigue right? There was a big chance that gaara would have won that match if destruction didn't clear his board and give him spellbender. Gaara was hitting his win condition while staying out of range of malygos' burst. Meanwhile hoej only had 2 minions (moonglade portals) and yet another huge advantage off yogg RNG - ragnaros. Yogg decided that game. It flipped who held board by a large margin and it disrupted gaara's ability to do what priest does best which is remove things. That's basically the definition of a win off rng.

Dahbomb

Breh I know you like Malygos Druid deck... but nah, that win was BS.

Levi

Banned

Also this is a fucking invitational with tons of name players and fewer than 10k fucking viewers.

Tell me again how Batstone's bans (including that bullshit "fun" card) didn't contribute to its huge viewership.

Competitive Hearthstone is fucking dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom