• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT7/7| _ Give Tyrande | _ Blizzard: Give Amazon Money

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm duplicate legendary, 2 epics where one of them is golden , antonidas and jaraxxus which I was missing from opening the welcome bundle. I think that was worth the money. Hopefully they don't do this again so I don't get tempted to buy packs with real money.

Levi

Banned
CXNabau.jpg

2MNg46c.jpg

Lost a game where I had 44HP to a Druid with one minion on board and 1 card in hand because he has a super favorable Yogg. Yay. Summons minions for him, buffs his minions, heals his face, puts three discovered cards into his hand, doesn't draw him cards when he's a fatigue, does a bunch of damage to my face,

So awesome to play these super long games that go to fatigue and lose from an unloseable position because the Yogg Slot Machine decided to fuck you.

Levi

Banned
The bitching about yogg is worse than yogg pulling wins out of its ass.

Oh yeah, being upset at Yogg, that's the real problem.

It's not worth being upset that the game I've sunk hundreds of dollars and thousands of hours into has been turned into this.

Give me back the Secret Paladin meta. Or the Huntertaker meta. Or anything else.

Nothing has ever been worse than this.

squidyj

It's not worth being upset that the game I've sunk hundreds of dollars and thousands of hours into has been turned into this.

Give me back the Secret Paladin meta. Or the Huntertaker meta. Or anything else.

I can't wait for nothing to have ever been as bad as the next thing you complain about.

patchday

I know it's down to a few decks, but I really like this week's brawl.

My favorite two decks are Shaman to counter Druid or Lock or else Hunter.

Reddit has a nice thread right now with the top builds (edit- actually this is direct link to the top builds). I got a rogue build from there yesterday to complete my dailies

Today a bunch of us were just goofing off in Brawl experimenting with different combinations. Too bad my pals dont run HDT so their stats dont count.

Damn, I should get a lotto ticket. I got Cenarius from my welcome pack, the last class legendary I wanted.

Rest of the packs were dust but I did get some cool golds and a dupe Jarraxus for dust! I can craft another when I need one.

interesting Jaraxxus and Cenarius were 2 of my 3 legendaries. But havent had much time to play the game to even try them out.

Bought that welcome bundle on my smartphone, but it didn't show me which legendary i got, just going through my collection and i've no clue if it is there, clicked randomly through my legendarys without paying attention to "new". Haha not knowing which legendary i got is killing me (or if i got it at all). Also 0 legendarys and just 1 epic in 10 packs, damn!

dang, you never came back to report what you got. thats some unlucky stuff right there

Dahbomb

No you don't want that back.

Be careful what you wish for.

wiibomb

oh I got my 300 gold from 1000 wins! nice, I wish I could get more gold though those ways instead of only recurring 40 gold quests

Levi

Banned
No you don't want that back.

anything is better than this. hearthstone didn't used to make me want to drink bleach. i started in the huntertaker era. i played every day during the secret paladin era. I could actually stand to play more than one game at a time in those days.

Dahbomb

Cabalist's Tome is seriously the most bullshit card I've ever seen.

Why it doesn't get more complaints is beyond me because it's flat out broken.
I don't like that card either. Allows Tempo Mage to play the value game and stay in the game for a really long time. Feels like a card that they intended to be played for value/control Mage but Tempo Mages are running it too and it's just one more thing that makes it harder to play the control game against them.

But "most bullshit card ever seen" is a crazy hyperbole about on par with "Undertaker meta is better than current meta".

patchday

oh I got my 300 gold from 1000 wins! nice, I wish I could get more gold though those ways instead of only recurring 40 gold quests

Yeah took me awhile to accumulate my collection. Gotta take advantage of easy brawls like this one so you can earn 100g (daily) by steamrolling people I'm afraid

Salex_

Lost a game where I had 44HP to a Druid with one minion on board and 1 card in hand because he has a super favorable Yogg. Yay. Summons minions for him, buffs his minions, heals his face, puts three discovered cards into his hand, doesn't draw him cards when he's a fatigue, does a bunch of damage to my face,

So awesome to play these super long games that go to fatigue and lose from an unloseable position because the Yogg Slot Machine decided to fuck you.

Should have played around it by having no minions on board, Brawl + Shield Slam in your hand, and/or a Taunt for the concealed Yogg/6/3. Alternatively, should have picked Shaman or Hunter.

tumblr_nncei6XFMd1r03eaxo1_250.gif

fertygo

I kinda like the shift that Tempo Mage does with Cabalist Tome tho, if their board wiped and then they use Tome and their gameplan changed there.

Its very cool. for deck that I absolutely despise because flamewanker

Levi

Banned
I don't like that card either. Allows Tempo Mage to play the value game and stay in the game for a really long time. Feels like a card that they intended to be played for value/control Mage but Tempo Mages are running it too and it's just one more thing that makes it harder to play the control game against them.

Tempo Mages used to run out of gas and you could outlast them. Now with Book and Tome, they always have gas. It's also now impossible to get a read on what they have in their hand because so much of it is random cards.

I'd still be happy to face 1000 tempo mages in a row if it wasn't for the fact that those games are pointless, because if you outlast or outplay the Mage, they just play Yogg and win the game no matter what you did the game.

Dahbomb

I kinda like the shift that Tempo Mage does with Cabalist Tome tho, if their board wiped and then they use Tome and their gameplan changed there.

Its very cool.
That's exactly why it's not good.

"Welp that guy just countered all my plays and my minions are all dead... hand is empty better use Cabalist Tome and refill my hand with enough burn to finish the game".

It also goes back to the point of counter play and how you can't play around 3 random spells the Mage gets. It's very possible that the Mage may in fact may get 6+ Fireballs (including Torches) in a single game... that's 30 HP of direct damage there. Insanely stupid.

Then they have Yogg cherry on top of all that RNG slot machine crap.

Tempo Mage is like my top 3 most hated match ups to play against. It's probably not top 5 deck (though it could very well be) in the game but man is it always frustrating as hell to play against.

Levi

Banned
Should have played around it by having no minions on board, Brawl + Shield Slam in your hand, and/or a Taunt for the concealed Yogg/6/3. Alternatively, should have picked Shaman or Hunter.

Yeah, I should just play Shaman, but since I no longer care about my rank (winning in this game has no meaning anymore) I'm playing the deck I like.

I don't know why I'm bothering, because this deck takes Druids and Mages to fatigue which means they get to play their Yogg so it's not like any of the decisions I make during the game have any impact on the result.

EDIT:

Last time I had a Mage quest I got a Pyroblast from Book and two Pyroblasts from Tome. I won that game.

fertygo

That's exactly why it's not good.

"Welp that guy just countered all my plays and my minions are all dead... hand is empty better use Cabalist Tome and refill my hand with enough burn to finish the game".

It also goes back to the point of counter play and how you can't play around 3 random spells the Mage gets. It's very possible that the Mage may in fact may get 6+ Fireballs (including Torches) in a single game... that's 30 HP of direct damage there. Insanely stupid.

Then they have Yogg cherry on top of all that RNG slot machine crap.

Tempo Mage is like my top 3 most hated match ups to play against. It's probably not top 5 deck (though it could very well be) in the game but man is it always frustrating as hell to play against.

Yeah I can understand the frustation, some of mage spell goes to toilet if you heal tho.. I think in general your gameplan against tempo mage not changing regardless they cast tome or not, you don't want your HP get low that's not changing regardless they get additional card or not

deck still stupid tho, I rather got doomhammered by shamen than seeing flamewanker burst me down

wiibomb

Yeah took me awhile to accumulate my collection. Gotta take advantage of easy brawls like this one so you can earn 100g (daily) by steamrolling people I'm afraid

I'm doing this too.

I'm not steam rolling tho, since I don't have the mechs to do it, but I use my combo of Deathwing Dragonlord + Barnes and it works a very surprising amount of times.

nothing works on the mechs though. That combo is unbeatable.

Well, he's got hells of spells and a Yogg, so....

And great players can take tier 2/3 decks to top ten legend fer sure. Scrubs like me have a hard time when the match ups are poor.

Well, I ran into like 3 control warriors in my last 5 matches. I'm in scrub ranks 4-5. Seems like they're making a come back.

Otnopolit

Been gambling a lot in the arena for good decks. Got 6 wins the other night, was pretty cool.

I'm just frustrated that I don't have enough good cards yet having played the game for a month and a half to counter bullshit OP shit like Mid-Range Shaman decks. Even Resurrect Priest is difficult right now.

You're both incredibly wrong and essentially asking for complacency in the face of bullshit.

But this is gaming side so thats no surprise.

That seems overly dramatic. I don't think the future of Hearthstone is being determined by what is posted in this thread. I'm not running some behind the scenes operation to stifle the opinions of GAF about Yogg. Geez. :p

Pooya

Every time I play wild, it's just new players. Like what are you doing in here? Is low rank standard that bad? Like this guy was playing druid deck with basic cards.

I played against an interesting priest deck (on standard), This guy had mind games in his deck. every troll card was there, I bet he had 2x mind control. It was a yogg deck, needless to say he didn't win...

Dahbomb

It generally seems to be less try hard at lower ranks in Wild. More experimentation in there as well.

You can make a very powerful deck in Wild using just commons/rares. That's attractive for new players. It's also a lot more attractive for players who have been out of the loop for a while, used to play a lot back in the GvG/Naxx era and didn't invest too much into Old Gods/TGT/LoE. For them it's far easier to jump into Wild because they still have their Shredders/Dr Boom versus trying to get the new stuff in Standard that's hella strong.

I still would not recommend new players play Wild though.

Pooya

yeah, I played wild a few seasons ago with N'Zoth patron, it was very hard to lose with that deck.

I probably just play wild next season, I can't take any more hunters and shamans. And tempo mage bullshit just makes me too salty. Just for the sake of variety it should be better. I can't imagine someone q aggro shaman in wild, right?

Pooya

Imagine if this brawl didn't have gold rewards. Then you could actually get some fun games instead of the n th no life loser that is grinding 100 gold by his imp warlock or mil druid. People are so lame. Constructed problems are just a reflection of that, hardly anyone even wants to try new things just like 10 days after a new set. Just roll that shaman again. Get gold whatever, what's even fun. I'm pretty sure a lot of people still play because they're addicted and they're not having fun..

patchday

It's fun smashing faces and we've found it challenging coming out with an optimal deck to farm.

developing decks to counter mill druid has been esp intriguing

Imagine if this brawl didn't have gold rewards. Then you could actually get some fun games instead of the n th no life loser that is grinding 100 gold by his imp warlock or mil druid. People are so lame. Constructed problems are just a reflection of that, hardly anyone even wants to try new things just like 10 days after a new set. Just roll that shaman again. Get gold whatever, what's even fun. I'm pretty sure a lot of people still play because they're addicted and they're not having fun..

I make it a priority to focus on fun cause anxiety over ladder is just not fun. Gotta let the RNG salt flow every once in a while, but also gotta learn to accept it. That said, yogg still ruins the fun.

I play whatever I feel like. Tempo warrior built from a trash bag? Sure. Dragon paladin? Sure. Burgle rogue... list goes on. Most of the decks I play are my own builds too.

Sometimes you do hit that streak of shamans and the game sucks, or you lose all your games to yogg after your opponent blatantly screws up... but then you take a break... maybe come back another time... and it's not so bad. Switching up decks is a cure to these problems too.

Dahbomb

I think I have grinded the 100G like twice.

Once at the very beginning just to see how long it would take and once again in a very quick Tavern Brawl because I didn't even realize I had played that many matches.

That grind is such an inane thing to do. Surefire way to get yourself burnt out on the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom