• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT7/7| _ Give Tyrande | _ Blizzard: Give Amazon Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

patchday

Yes.

On a side note. Seeing Prince Malchezar animation at the start of an arena game is pretty frightening.

Also, every single one of my opponents has either spammed emotes all game and BM'd aggressively while performing lethal.

Thanks! Was cheering him on

Been awhile since I've done Arena. I'll have to hop in there at some point

wiibomb

I think I didn't get so lucky....

I got Cenarius as my WP legendary and with those 10 packs + other 20 I redeemed from classics, I got Baron Geddon and Harrison Jones..

are all these legendaries usable?

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Harrison Jones is a good tech card in any midrange or control deck, Baron Geddon is a control deck card, particularly control warrior.

I'll reiterate my assumption from before since I'm curious as to what people think. I think classic legendaries will rise for a little bit if all old cards rotate out. Basically a power vaccum is what I'm getting at. The loss of strong cards means decent cards will get better.

But we still have no clue for sure how things will turn out. Allegedly we're getting another expansion too.

Just losing BRM, TGT, and LoE will change a lot of classes right too.

Dahbomb

Most of the Classic Class Legendaries are good. Some of the neutral ones are as well.

That's probably the safest investment you can make in the game.

Levi

Banned
I think I didn't get so lucky....

I got Cenarius as my WP legendary and with those 10 packs + other 20 I redeemed from classics, I got Baron Geddon and Harrison Jones..

are all these legendaries usable?

Cenarius is very good. Ramo Druid and token druid use him, and he'd probably be fine in a slow beast druid deck.

Harrison and Baron Geddon are both very common in Control Warrior decks. Geddon is great in metas where you see a lot of zoo or other aggro decks that flood the board. Clears totems pretty good as well.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
speaking of legendaries, I'm sitting about about 1400 dust, trying to figure out what to craft next.

Thinking of going neutral with Cairne or Vek'lor. Not sure which. Any ideas?

Unless if you really want to play something right away, I'd wait till Blizzcon before spending any dust or gold. Especially if there's another expansion this year.

But I'm a big dumb whale so I really don't understand the free man's struggle.

Levi

Banned
speaking of legendaries, I'm sitting about about 1400 dust, trying to figure out what to craft next.

Thinking of going neutral with Cairne or Vek'lor. Not sure which. Any ideas?

I wouldn't craft Vek'lor in this meta. Cthun decks are out of favor at the moment.

Cairne, do you want to play a slow Nzoth deck or control Shaman? If so, that's the card for you.

Shinypogs

Took break from Bravely Default to get some quests done and play more tavern brawl. While often frustrating it is neat to see cards from back before I joined and the crazy combos you can pull off with them. Someday I'm going to craft all the wild stuff so I can play that mode too.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Do you have nzoth?
I do!
Unless if you really want to play something right away, I'd wait till Blizzcon before spending any dust or gold. Especially if there's another expansion this year..
This is actually a good point. When is Blizzcon?

I wouldn't craft Vek'lor in this meta. Cthun decks are out of favor at the moment.
True, but I'm kind of expecting them to come back once a bunch of these other cards cycle out.

Cairne, do you want to play a slow Nzoth deck or control Shaman? If so, that's the card for you.
I like the idea of N'Zoth decks, and I do currently have Sylvanas to go with it.

On the other hand, I was also thinking of trying a N'Zoth Resurrect Priest, but now that I think about it Resurrect is going to cycle out in a bit, too.

This is actually a good point. When is Blizzcon?
November 4-5th, so just about two months. Even if there's another expansion this year, it'll probably hit in December. Depends how you feel about waiting.

For me personally, I'm fine with Burgal Rogue, Reno Mage, and Dragon Paladin for now. Can't see myself playing anything else.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Gaaaahhhh.

RTC66NE.png

I have a really good board compared to his empty board. I have 5 to 1 card hand advantage. I have 13 cards in deck to his 4. We both are close to full life total with me only behind 2 health at 25 to 27.

I lose to Yogg, because this time he somehow knew to play all the anti fatigue cards instead of all draw cards, while also clearing my board.

Replay

This is why Yogg should be nerfed. It's not a fun way to win or lose. Maybe if it were a niche card, I'd laugh that loss off as "you don't see that every day", but as it is, you do see that every day.

Mulgrok

Gaaaahhhh.

I have a really good board compared to his empty board. I have 5 to 1 card hand advantage. I have 13 cards in deck to his 4. We both are close to full life total with me only behind 2 health at 25 to 27.

I lose to Yogg, because this time he somehow knew to play all the anti fatigue cards instead of all draw cards, while also clearing my board.

Replay

This is why Yogg should be nerfed. It's not a fun way to win or lose. Maybe if it were a niche card, I'd laugh that loss off as "you don't see that every day", but as it is, you do see that every day.

"It is your fault for not playing face deck and closing out the game before turn 10" the only defense for yogg I have seen.

Gaaaahhhh.

Replay

How come hex didn't hit that giant after maly was already expended?

Clearly yogg saron is bullshit. But I am just wondering if the game would have gone much different if you held onto n'zoth and pressured him into using yogg on a bad board. I feel like even after malygos hits, your strategy should be to play defensively rather than trying to play the beat down role before yogg hits. I made/make the same mistake as control paladin thinking I can beat them down before yogg hits. I often fail because of that. Just a suggestion.

Finalow

of course.

I didn't have a single class legendary from the classic set, I buy the welcome bundle and of course, I get King garbage-useless Krush.

quite literally the worst fucking card I could have got since Velen will probably be used when they give Priest the Shaman treatment in the next expansion.

tl;dr

fuck

you

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
How come hex didn't hit that giant after maly was already expended?

Clearly yogg saron is bullshit. But I am just wondering if the game would have gone much different if you held onto n'zoth and pressured him into using yogg on a bad board. I feel like even after malygos hits, your strategy should be to play defensively rather than trying to play the beat down roll before yogg hits. I made/make the same mistake as control paladin thinking I can beat them down before yogg hits. I often fail because of that. Just a suggestion.

I was worried about a string of big minions being one of the few ways I lose, and was thinking maybe hex was good against a Yogg + Buff situation as well. Hex is such a good proactive card, and I didn't want to waste it when I really didn't care too much about if that Golem hit any of my minions, or my face.

In hindsight, maybe Arcane Golem is a sign there aren't a string of Ancient of Wars and Rag and Sylvanus to worry about? I haven't seen too many Arcane Golem decks.

I'm also kicking myself for not testing for Counterspell/Spellbinder, but at that point I was on a little bit of a tilt for feeling like I have to play so perfectly to have a chance.

EDIT:

Watching the replay again with a clearer head, and I see that at least for this game I was able to use that hex on a 6/10 after Yogg cleared my board. I know a single game's outcome doesn't mean all that much, but I still think saving hex for emergencies was best in that position. My board wouldn't be that much better if I hexed instead. It helped set me up in a position where i probably would have won if his second Yogg wasn't also incredibly good.

Do still appreciate the feedback. It's interesting to think about and you may still be right, since hex might have allowed me to not play N'Zoth pre-yogg, but that would have the problem of giving him all the time in the world to draw what he needs to come back, and Yogg could have also done damage to me and built a big board where N'Zoth is too slow to counter.

Really the problem is it's impossible to figure out what's the best way to counter Yogg. I chose a combination of rushing him down, while relying on Fatigue and lack of resources to be sure he wouldn't counter that, but it didn't work.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
I like this new midrange shaman with the spell damage reliance. Less focus on mathing and numbers with overload and more hoping you roll a spell damage totem, like god intended it to be.

manhack

Turns out having 3 flamestrikes and Reno Jackson in your Arena deck is pretty good. One of the most insane arena decks I've had to play against. Insane.

Finalow

I like this new midrange shaman with the spell damage reliance. Less focus on mathing and numbers with overload and more hoping you roll a spell damage totem, like god intended it to be.
I almost want to craft Thalnos so I can use that deck, or the aggro version. Spirit Claws with spell damage on board is yet another disgustingly good Shaman card.

of course.

I didn't have a single class legendary from the classic set, I buy the welcome bundle and of course, I get King garbage-useless Krush.

quite literally the worst fucking card I could have got since Velen will probably be used when they give Priest the Shaman treatment in the next expansion.

tl;dr

fuck

you
Dat animation tho.

I was hoping for Jaraxxus, but got Tirion. I guess that'll do.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
I was able to counter spell (that I got off of babbling book) a cotw today. It felt really good. He had the second of course but i was able to flamestrike it and win.

patchday

I was able to counter spell (that I got off of babbling book) a cotw today. It felt really good. He had the second of course but i was able to flamestrike it and win.

I need to remember to try that. Hunters been scarce now that we've hit mid month at my rank/mmr

Yeah, I had the Kripp steam on in the background when doing other things. Was not really listening at all. Noticed it stopped, and saw the usual stupid chat panicking, so went back and watched the VOD.

Looks like he started feeling bad suddenly, and over the course of 10 minutes got worse. He had to stand up and walk around to feel better, but kept coming back to play turns to finish the game.

He randomly said it may be a kidney stone before the went offline, but I guess it could be anything.

If it is kidney stones, then props to him for stay lucid enough to finish and win, because the pain from them are HORRIBLE.

edit - He has gone to hospital (https://twitter.com/Kripparrian/status/777366408174993408)

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Trying out WoW Legion

From a lore perspective, I know basically nothing about WoW, but from playing the opening mission of Legion I guess Gul'dan
personally kills both Tirion and Varian Wrynn in the same battle, while Thrall got killed by one of Gul'dan's no name minions.

Given the fact that basically all my knowledge about WoW comes from Hearthstone, all I have to say is good for him.

On a side note, all the important characters are freaking huge. Sylvanus and Thrall were like twice my size.

Asbel

Gaaaahhhh.

Replay

I recently faced a Nzoth shaman. Thought it was a homebrew. Did some streamer play this?

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
I recently faced a Nzoth shaman. Thought it was a homebrew. Did some streamer play this?

Not that I know of recently. N'Zoth shaman's been around for a while, and has been one of my favorite go to decks.

wiibomb

today I tasted the salt of a good Yogg pull... yeah it made me salty..

and today I also realized how important Thunder Bluff Valiant is to Shamans

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Ah, his deck was super greedy with Yogg and two arcane giants too.

Crazy. I'm only playing mine for it being ok against aggro, and personally teched in a Tuskarr Totemic just to have something to do turn 3 other than hero power so i don't always get run over by aggro.

My Current Decklist

Bought a welcome pack and got Cenarius, but also 4 summoning portals, 3 flame imps and 3 doomguards. So I don't know if the game wants me to go druid or lock :p

Upside of this investment is that it got me to my first 1600 essence and it's time to craft a legendary!

Though I have no class legendaries other than Cenarius, I'm also missing a ton of neutrals. So... it makes more sense to look there?

Bloodmage Thalnos, Harrison Jones, Cairne, Justicar Trueheart, Ragnaros the firelord, Alextrasza, Onyxia, Ysera, Deathwing. (Also: all 3 old gods.)
Those are the big ones I'm missing.

What do you think?
Justicar?
Rag'?

(or do I wait til I have enough essence to craft all my missing legendaries at once to maximize my packs return on investment :p)

jgminto

Bought a welcome pack and got Cenarius, but also 4 summoning portals, 3 flame imps and 3 doomguards. So I don't know if the game wants me to go druid or lock :p

Upside of this investment is that it got me to my first 1600 essence and it's time to craft a legendary!

Though I have no class legendaries other than Cenarius, I'm also missing a ton of neutrals. So... it makes more sense to look there?

Bloodmage Thalnos, Harrison Jones, Cairne, Justicar Trueheart, Ragnaros the firelord, Alextrasza, Onyxia, Ysera, Deathwing. (Also: all 3 old gods.)

What do you think?
Justicar?
Rag'?

(or do I wait til I have enough essence to craft all my missing legendaries at once to maximize my packs return on investment :p)
I wouldn't recommend crafting Justicar at this point, she's rotating out next season and only sees play in Control Warrior right now. Rag, Harrison or Thalnos would be my pick, all three will always see some play.

Miletius

What do you think?
Justicar?
Rag'?

I think the evergreen advice is that if there is a particular deck you want to play, craft that. That being said, between your top 2 choices Rag is your best bet. Not only is it a classic card (which means that it won't rotate out), it is also the most broad. Rag is used in quite a few decks as a generic win condition. It can also substitute for a lot of other legendaries in decks until you get them, as a big minion with an immediate effect that can win games.

ZeroX03

Banned

What do you think?
Justicar?
Rag'?

If you've got 1600 but don't have full decks yet, I'd focus on that first. You could easily finish a Warlock, Hunter or Shaman deck with that dust. None of those legendaries will win you games if you don't have the other core stuff to back them up.

Ragnaros or Yogg Saron are probably the best right now if you have to.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I'm still not sure if classic cards are really safe from never being rotated out. Though I think Blizard is honestly going to stick to their guns, and instead just nerf the living hell out of it over the next few years, especially looking at this twitter conversation.

Reading feedback on Standard and whether things will change enough in 2017. If we think they won't, we'll make tweaks to ensure freshness.

@bdbrode As long as you stick with flawed idea of the classic set, things are always gonna be partially stagnant. :(

@Samael76 not sure that's true. What if we nerfed every card in it, for example?

@bdbrode @Samael76 You can't go too heavy handed with errata or it invalidates players knowledge. Banlists are probably the better way.

@OrangeNova @Samael76 I was just trying to refute the point that an evergreen classic is inherently flawed. Tweaks could shore up issues.

Get ready for yearly blade fury and molten giant type nerfs.

But anyway, don't avoid cards that are good today just because they will eventually rotate out. Even 5 or 6 months is a long time.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
I'm still not sure if classic cards are really safe from never being rotated out. Though I think Blizard is honestly going to stick to their guns, and instead just nerf the living hell out of it over the next few years, especially looking at this twitter conversation.

Get ready for yearly blade fury and molten giant type nerfs.

But anyway, don't avoid cards that are good today just because they will eventually rotate out. Even 5 or 6 months is a long time.

Why in the world do they think this way? Isn't the point of wild to let you play cards of the past? Why do they have to nerf things out of existence of the overall game in order to avoid moving stuff to wild?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom