• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT7/7| _ Give Tyrande | _ Blizzard: Give Amazon Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

bjaelke

I think I have grinded the 100G like twice.

Once at the very beginning just to see how long it would take and once again in a very quick Tavern Brawl because I didn't even realize I had played that many matches.

That grind is such an inane thing to do. Surefire way to get yourself burnt out on the game.

Most grinds are soul draining. You need a special mindset to set yourself up for it.

Every time I play wild, it's just new players. Like what are you doing in here? Is low rank standard that bad? Like this guy was playing druid deck with basic cards.

I played against an interesting priest deck (on standard), This guy had mind games in his deck. every troll card was there, I bet he had 2x mind control. It was a yogg deck, needless to say he didn't win...
Even Standard rank 20 is filled with strong decks. It's a frustrating experience for newbies I bet.

yeah, I played wild a few seasons ago with N'Zoth patron, it was very hard to lose with that deck.

I probably just play wild next season, I can't take any more hunters and shamans. And tempo mage bullshit just makes me too salty. Just for the sake of variety it should be better. I can't imagine someone q aggro shaman in wild, right?
N'Zoth Patron? What's that?

Aggro Shaman exists in Wild, but it's rare.

I think I have grinded the 100G like twice.

Once at the very beginning just to see how long it would take and once again in a very quick Tavern Brawl because I didn't even realize I had played that many matches.

That grind is such an inane thing to do. Surefire way to get yourself burnt out on the game.

I've maybe hit 100g 5 times and I feel like that is a lot. 2-3 early on and 2 times recently. And the funny thing is the most recent times I hit it, I was just having fun in ranked and didn't care... I wanted to keep going. But once you do see that you aren't earning gold... it's like damn, I should stop... even though I wanted to keep playing. I do take breaks though. I usually only play a couple games sporadically. But some nights I just go pretty long like tonight I played at least 15 matches.

I haven't grinded for gold since classic. And then I did it in arena cause I realized early on that playing for 100g per day or playing 1 maybe 2 arenas... about the same gains I felt.

I hope the next expansion introduces more new mechanics/keywords.

We need lifelink.

We need combination of keywords in interesting ways.

Spectral Assassin 5 mana 3/3:
Death touch, combo: deal 1 damage (the damage from the battlecry kills)

More deck building alteration cards like prince malchezzar.

Garrison Officer 5 mana 5/6:
Your deck size is 33 cards.

Even if you don't think blizzard has gone a bit down the wrong road with RNG, I think you have to admit blizzard has focused too much on RNG and not enough on interesting non-RNG cards. I don't think we need yogg highlights to keep us entertained when there could be crazy and interesting things happening with strong unique non-rng cards.

patchday

Alright that's my night. got back to rank 15. golden rare assured. maybe I'll try to go higher this month (usually I stop right at 15)

why did I even bother with ranked early in the month. just casually strolled to 15 with no losses tonight

manhack

It's pretty much impossible for control Warrior to overtake ladder because Hunter exists.

From the data reaper report. http://www.vicioussyndicate.com/vs-data-reaper-report-18/

I think this is a good explanation for why control warrior could see a rise in popularity for the short term:

Where Shamans rise, Hunters fall. Both Shaman archetypes are a strong counter to Hunters, and this has resulted in a drop in its numbers. At legend ranks, people are shying away from the class for the same reason: it’s not a fun matchup for the Hunter.

While the number of Warriors slightly dropped, the class is quite well positioned in the Meta. Control Warrior is the most common control archetype in the game, and its numbers are significant at the highest level of play, where Hunters are not as common.

Mid-Range Shaman has launched itself to the very top of the Power Rankings, and we’re not surprised. This archetype has meteorically risen in its performance against the field after Karazhan’s release. Its capability of beating Aggro Shaman has resulted in a massive internal shift within the class. With Shaman now possessing the two statistically strongest decks in the game, we’re waiting to see if there’s any class that can unseat it from its throne.

The class that might match up best against Shaman is Warrior. While Control Warrior has a modest overall power ranking, it’s a stronger deck at the highest levels, and it’s capable of beating both Shaman archetypes consistently, though Mid-Range Shaman builds that are greedier might pose a bigger challenge to it. Dragon Warrior is also a well-established counter to Shaman, being able to beat it off the board in the early game and snowball from there. We think Warrior has a good chance of rising in its popularity, especially if Hunter continues to drop in numbers.

Just played against Malchzaar Monkey Shaman as Control Warrior. Absolutely ridiculous match that went deep into fatigue. Somehow managed to pull it off by getting an Elise off my first Golden Monkey.

Guess I'll log off now, too worn out after that.

spoon!

Just played against a shaman who did:

Tuskar summoning totem golem into,
Portal summoning injured kvaldir into,
Tuskar summoning flametongue + hero power taunt totem.

This is goddamn retarded.

Kenaras

I played against an interesting priest deck (on standard), This guy had mind games in his deck. every troll card was there, I bet he had 2x mind control. It was a yogg deck, needless to say he didn't win...

I played against a similar Priest deck, but he was running N'Zoth. Only saw a single Mind Control, but double all the others. (Entomb, Mind Games, Mind Vision, Thoughtsteal.) I was experimenting with N'Zoth Paladin at the time, so it was an unwinnable matchup for me.

His two Mind Visions grabbed Equality + Consecrate, which he used to clear my double Ragnaros board (Firelord + Lightlord.) His first Mind Games grabbed Tirion, he Entombed Sylvanas + Cairne, and he Mind Controlled my own Tirion.

Last time I ever played N'Zoth Paladin in the upper ranks.

Ladekabel

Playing a 26 spell deck in casual for quest and this C'Thun Warrior I'm playing trash talks me the whole time. I should squelch him.

Game 1, bro you got the dream there.. coin innervate teacher there, let say the shamen does kill teacher, he must trade with trogg, only lightning bolt n trade trogg that gonna kill teacher there and you get ramp with wild growth on empty board, if he can't kill teacher.. wild growth is what you always want to do in t2, so coin + innervate teacher had no downside at all at that game.

2. you get the dream hand there, but in other scenario, I always coin WG against presumeably aggro at t1 if I get it

t1 WG means you get 3 mana next turn that means you possibly can use 1 mana spell + hero power

living roots + hero power can help you kill 3 hp minion like Tunnel Trogg/mana wyrm etc

or raven idol while ping something, its very small but can be very big.

really not sure yogg decide the game on that game, the result was spectacular but all hoej want to do is something small that enough to do maly burst next turn, its not like Garaa gonna in dominating position

if yogg only do something small n not astral communion hoej, the result still the same

here's what i would've done i think.

1) definitely would've mulliganed like you did
2) turn 1 would've coined wrath the trogg no matter what. if golem comes down turn 2 you're in a tough place
3) i'm not sure if i would do it or not, but once i saw the feral spirits i would've done coin->teacher->innervate->growth for board presence. i'm so spooked by aggro shaman that i usually go aggressive on everything even though it dumps your hand. however with the other innervate in hand you can bring out the giant next turn (i think right, since you did a wild growth too?)
4) i didn't love the fandral->inn->inn->teacher play

Game 2

You really should just use Power of Wild to summon panther there on turn 2 while killing the toad with the toke, its not ideal but that hunter don't have t1 play, don't be greedy take any lead that you can get versus hunter

turn 5 play, personally I'll really go for ambitious play with Nourish get 2 mana crystal + WG there, its will open for really big mana pool with you had innervate in hand, if you topdeck something good its can goes boom, but its risky play that can lead to nothing so I can't fault you to just draw 3

Idk what happened after that nourish draw 3 turn tho, you go fandral + idol and then end turn? why, why not proceeding with innervate + wild? you let fandral die for free

I think both game very winnable if you pick different choice

Thanks for the help. Will try to improve my game. Though I have sort of a tunnel vision when it comes to PotW and Teacher because I want to get the most value out of them. Maybe I should try the version without them.

ZeroX03

Banned
Didn't pull a Legendary from my welcome packs, but three normal packs after that I scored a Harrison Jones. Pretty happy with that, he's one of the legendaries I'd always like to have but would never go out of my way to craft like Thalnos.

I've got about 6400 dust. I think it's time I craft Fandral, because from the cheap and decent Druid decks that's all I'm missing. Then I don't know. I've wanted to make something slower and non-Yogg related for a while, but I'm missing Ragnaros, Sylvanas and Alex so that's a big investment. Might dust Malchezaar and Chromaggus...

This stancifka v lifecoach series is cool: http://www.liquidhearth.com/stream/pgl_hs

They're on priest vs hunter. Priest basically won b/c lifecoach didn't draw COTW.

Playing a 26 spell deck in casual for quest and this C'Thun Warrior I'm playing trash talks me the whole time. I should squelch him.

Thanks for the help. Will try to improve my game. Though I have sort of a tunnel vision when it comes to PotW and Teacher because I want to get the most value out of them. Maybe I should try the version without them.

fertygo's suggestion is probably better than mine fyi

patchday

Got Al'Akir from my welcome pack. That's probably dust. I can't think of every really needing it.

Didn't pull a Legendary from my welcome packs, but three normal packs after that I scored a Harrison Jones. Pretty happy with that, he's one of the legendaries I'd always like to have but would never go out of my way to craft like Thalnos.

I've got about 6400 dust. I think it's time I craft Fandral, because from the cheap and decent Druid decks that's all I'm missing. Then I don't know. I've wanted to make something slower and non-Yogg related for a while, but I'm missing Ragnaros, Sylvanas and Alex so that's a big investment. Might dust Malchezaar and Chromaggus...

I guess what you meant is that you didn't get a legendary from the 10 packs (just the guaranteed legendary). Just clarifying for any other readers

Grats on Harrison Jones!!

Levi

Banned
Chakki on "Competitive" Hearthstone:

CsjO4iSWEAArfzF.jpg:large

My Priest* deck in Wild seriously wrecks everything from aggro to most control match-ups. I wish Wild were more popular however.

N'Zoth Deathrattle Priest*

IceMarker

My Priest* deck in Wild seriously wrecks everything from aggro to most control match-ups. I wish Wild were more popular however.

N'Zoth Deathrattle Priest*

I just cruised from Rank 9 to Rank 6 this morning playing nothing but Standard N'zoth Priest without running Resurrect or Soulpriest cards. Beat Shamans, Warriors, Rogues, and another Priest on the way! :D

Is C'thun decks done??

Feels like no one is playing it

I feel everyone has gotten used to C'thun decks and tend to play around them pretty easily. You're either dead before 10 or C'thun gets Hex'd, Polymorph'd, or Entomb'd.

Levi

Banned
Impulse bought the Welcome pack on my Asia account because I wanted to open some packs. (Before today my Asia account only had Antonidas and C'thun for legendaries). Got Grommash as my Welcome legendary and in the first pack I opened Edwin Van Cleef. Also got two epics and two golden commons.

So, in all three welcome bundles I ended up getting two legendaries.

JGGTjbG.png

I have no idea how to make a cheap Rogue deck that'll deck advantage of Edwin, so I might end up dusting it. I just don't know if I have the cards to support Edwin and I"m not crafting epics for my least played class.

manhack

Impulse bought the Welcome pack on my Asia account because I wanted to open some packs. (Before today my Asia account only had Antonidas and C'thun for legendaries). Got Grommash as my Welcome legendary and in the first pack I opened Edwin Van Cleef. Also got two epics and two golden commons.

So, in all three welcome bundles I ended up getting two legendaries.

JGGTjbG.png

I have no idea how to make a cheap Rogue deck that'll deck advantage of Edwin, so I might end up dusting it. I just don't know if I have the cards to support Edwin and I"m not crafting epics for my least played class.

I think I'll keep my Asia account F2P just so I can say it is, but damn if that isn't a good deal. Opened packs on US: Al'Akir and Ragnaros EU: Tirion and Tinkmaster Overspark.

Not too shabby.

yeah, I played wild a few seasons ago with N'Zoth patron, it was very hard to lose with that deck.

I probably just play wild next season, I can't take any more hunters and shamans. And tempo mage bullshit just makes me too salty. Just for the sake of variety it should be better. I can't imagine someone q aggro shaman in wild, right?

I just played 2 aggro Shamans, Face Hunter, and Discard Zoo back to back to back to back in Wild CASUAL. They're definitely going to play that shit on ladder. The only slow deck I saw while trying to complete my Priest quest was a Control Warrior.

interesting Jaraxxus and Cenarius were 2 of my 3 legendaries. But havent had much time to play the game to even try them out.
We're welcome pack buds!

As for the cards, I've only seen two decks that use either card. RenoLock for Jarraxus and AstralDruid for Cenarius. They're both decent cards but they don't make or break decks. Worth keeping for now since we're not sure what's happening at the end of the year, they could turn out better.

I'd bet with the next Standard rotation, they'll both be pretty strong. That is if they rotate all current standard cards as expected.

_DrMario_

Control warrior vs control warrior. The best HS player will surely end up winning this game.

Lol jk he played Yogg cleared my board and got 4 secrets including Iceblock for the win.

He sure showed me!

Get fucked Ben Brode.

Levi

Banned
31k now.

It was at 40k for awhile, but lost some due to the stream going offline intermittently.

That said Firebat tourney was better.

I watched a couple of matches, didn't like what I was seeing, bailed. First HCT event this year I haven't been glued to.

Feels bad man.

manhack

did rooftrellen win? I got tired of watching towards the end ;(

Yes.

On a side note. Seeing Prince Malchezar animation at the start of an arena game is pretty frightening.

Also, every single one of my opponents has either spammed emotes all game and BM'd aggressively while performing lethal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom