• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT7/7| _ Give Tyrande | _ Blizzard: Give Amazon Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

FeD.nL

I'm still not sure if classic cards are really safe from never being rotated out. Though I think Blizard is honestly going to stick to their guns, and instead just nerf the living hell out of it over the next few years, especially looking at this twitter conversation.

Get ready for yearly blade fury and molten giant type nerfs.

But anyway, don't avoid cards that are good today just because they will eventually rotate out. Even 5 or 6 months is a long time.

As expected. They are gonna try to nerf every classic card that sees play into the ground for the coming 9 years. And it's fucking stupid. Just rotate those sets out, make a new basic set every year that pulls from the basic/classic and rotated sets.

I really thought they would have a plan with standard, but it's just the same bullshit, and probably even worse with all the RNG effects in the game now. It really blows my mind how they fucked it up. Ah well.

Dahbomb

Why are people extrapolating all of that from random tweets?

There will be nerfs to cards from classic but it won't be as much as last time and each time they do it there will be fewer nerfs.

Though I do agree that it's better to move stuff to Wild instead. That way people can still play their once OP decks.

jgminto

Finally got to try out Moonglade Portal, casting it on your Ancient of War is such insane value. I munched a Thing from Below, healed my Ancient back to full and summoned my own 5/5. It was almost as good as Mind Control.

Inskipp

Is it possible to build a viable control warrior from purely classic cards? If so, which legendaries should I aim for? (already have Grommash)

ZeroX03

Banned
what the fuck

Watching my friend's game. Opponent has nothing. He has a full field. Opponent plays Doomsayer, and then Brawl. Brawl kills everything except the Doomsayer. Brawl continues to be the absolute worst.

Asbel

Crazy. I'm only playing mine for it being ok against aggro, and personally teched in a Tuskarr Totemic just to have something to do turn 3 other than hero power so i don't always get run over by aggro.

My Current Decklist
Cool thanks. I run a cheap version of concede shaman. I found it hard to run more than one manipulator and not sure if far sight is more than a fun card. How's ur deck doing?

Pooya

Finally found the deck I'm most comfortable with, N'Zoth control warrior, and got my rank 5 with it with something like 70 percent winrate. I won every match from rank 8 or something like that.

I think the deck is really good but I almost lost every match against tempo mage due to yogg. It's so stressful playing through that and most of my opponents were mage. Playing control is pretty hard right now, there are so many bullshit variables you can't account for. It's really funny to drag all of those tempo mages to fatigue. I'm at like 7 hp but 15 armor. lol

Fortunately I had zero druid opponents, I don't think the deck is very good against greedy druid lists.

Actually it's not very bad against hunter, there is so much life gain and removal in it and it's not like every hunter plays double highmane into double call. Against reasonable hunter draws it's very manageable.

I rolled over every shaman too actually, double revenge is quite potent. I like irongforge portal, it's not quite shield maiden but it's good enough. There is so much variance in the stats you can get though. Like you can get 1/1 to 7/7. Control warrior didn't need RNG this bad... (I got 1/1 and 7/7 in the same match)

this is the list http://hss.io/d/14166322 I got it from some site, I don't remember, I think it was made by Fibonacci. stats are for just last 4 matches. I recommend it, games take a while but if you pilot it correctly you can beat anything.

patchday

Yeah, I had the Kripp steam on in the background when doing other things. Was not really listening at all. Noticed it stopped, and saw the usual stupid chat panicking, so went back and watched the VOD.

Looks like he started feeling bad suddenly, and over the course of 10 minutes got worse. He had to stand up and walk around to feel better, but kept coming back to play turns to finish the game.

He randomly said it may be a kidney stone before the went offline, but I guess it could be anything.

If it is kidney stones, then props to him for stay lucid enough to finish and win, because the pain from them are HORRIBLE.

edit - He has gone to hospital (https://twitter.com/Kripparrian/status/777366408174993408)

hope he feels better. I really enjoy his content

what the fuck

Watching my friend's game. Opponent has nothing. He has a full field. Opponent plays Doomsayer, and then Brawl. Brawl kills everything except the Doomsayer. Brawl continues to be the absolute worst.

I really hate Brawl. so tired of Control Warrior. Note: Been trying to play my concede shaman but lost to one last night after I ran out of cards

Cool thanks. I run a cheap version of concede shaman. I found it hard to run more than one manipulator and not sure if far sight is more than a fun card. How's ur deck doing?

Far Sight can be very helpful

bjaelke

IdYNoHQ.png

R8gHVuk.gif

Tomcat

Finally found the deck I'm most comfortable with, N'Zoth control warrior, and got my rank 5 with it with something like 70 percent winrate. I won every match from rank 8 or something like that.

I think the deck is really good but I almost lost every match against tempo mage due to yogg. It's so stressful playing through that and most of my opponents were mage. Playing control is pretty hard right now, there are so many bullshit variables you can't account for. It's really funny to drag all of those tempo mages to fatigue. I'm at like 7 hp but 15 armor. lol

Fortunately I had zero druid opponents, I don't think the deck is very good against greedy druid lists.

Actually it's not very bad against hunter, there is so much life gain and removal in it and it's not like every hunter plays double highmane into double call. Against reasonable hunter draws it's very manageable.

I rolled over every shaman too actually, double revenge is quite potent. I like irongforge portal, it's not quite shield maiden but it's good enough. There is so much variance in the stats you can get though. Like you can get 1/1 to 7/7. Control warrior didn't need RNG this bad... (I got 1/1 and 7/7 in the same match)

this is the list http://hss.io/d/14166322 I got it from some site, I don't remember, I think it was made by Fibonacci. stats are for just last 4 matches. I recommend it, games take a while but if you pilot it correctly you can beat anything.

trump tried this list 2 days ago I think at rank 5. Didn't go so well as you lol
he gave up after 5 games.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
man i got totally fucked with this Welcome Bundle bullshit

no Class Legendary, so far no reasonable solution from customer support 😰

patchday

Felt good to beat the Cthun warrior just now with my concede shaman. He didnt have Brawl tho

2 ragnaros on yer field is a grand feeling

Crafted bloodmage!... THen opened him in next pack, FUCK everything.

That's some awful luck yo ;(

RNG is so broken like that to be frank. They should track the cards you just bought and be respectful by not giving you a dupe of said legendary at least for a good 10-15 packs

Levi

Banned

NaviOOT plays Nzoth CW instead of Yogg Cw (which most people have switched to) specifically because he says it's the best version of CW against Druid.

He was rank one legend last night, farming Droods.

He also said the more common Yogg CW lists are better against Shaman.

patchday

one of these days I'll try CW after I get the dust together to make 2 Brawls. But for now my priority is probably crafting Sylvannas next

Levi

Banned
Is it possible to build a viable control warrior from purely classic cards? If so, which legendaries should I aim for? (already have Grommash)

I tried making a Control Warrior with only Basic and Classic cards, and this is what I came up with:

I7WVD17.png

The cards non-Classic cards I miss most: Bash, Revenge, and Justicar. This list is just strictly worse against aggro than modern lists.

The midgame minions are pretty flexible, I think. You could use Frothing Berserker, Kor'kron Elite or even Gnomish Inventor in place of Chillwind Yeti, Tinkmaster and Big Game Hunter.

Still, there are a lot of very strong Warrior cards in the Classic/Basic set. I've been pretty sad thinking about TGT and LOE rotating, but as long as Warrior doesn't get hit with the nerf bat it looks like Control Warrior will be fine.

Anyone have a list for a good Priest deck? Standard or Wild.

Got the Paladin/Priest quest and I'm not too happy about it, but 60g is 60g. I know I'm better off making a Paladin deck, but that class hasn't really been doing it for me lately.

Been playing the arcane giant Druid deck. It is really solid deck but you have to play the long game.

Might switch utnoutnfor General token Druid. Fandral is amazing if he stays on the board

Pooya

https://tempostorm.com/hearthstone/meta-snapshot/standard/2016-09-18

1- Malygos Druid
2-Mid-Range Shaman
3-Tempo Mage
4-Aggro Shaman
5-Dragon Warrior
6-Token Druid

That's the most diverse tier 1 list yet that I remember. 4 classes, 6 decks!

...half of them play Yogg, the other half are tempo/aggro decks with the best curves!

just look how many decks druid and warrior have. I don't think they're really OP, they're what every class should be like. Druid and warrior have every archetype now . That's great. I think this is the first time malygos is in a good deck too lol. I can't really enjoy the game other than playing druid or warrior right now, they are not as brain dead as other decks there and they're actually strong unlike something like rogue. Spell heavy druid decks actually have a lot of decision making, more so than anything else in there. It's not exactly complex but it's well ahead of the field...

Dahbomb

Tempostorm's list isn't consistent with the stats and what's actually going on on Ladder/tournaments. Shaman is definitely top dog.

Reynad probably wanted a Druid deck on top because of the Yogg factor. Shaman probably going to be back at #1 next week as always.

And we have very frequently had 4 classes in tier 1/top 6 decks. Usually it has been Zoolock in that 4th slot instead of Tempo Mage though.

Is it possible to make a N'zotj anyfin deck?

Curious what decks you guys use to ladder
Yeah it's possible to make Nzoth Anyfin.

Levi

Banned
Tempostorm's list isn't consistent with the stats and what's actually going on on Ladder/tournaments. Shaman is definitely top dog.

This for sure. Druid is good and all, but come on, Shaman is just busted.

Also, since they're just making shit up anyway, they should have listed Control Warrior in the top tier after Rosty and Navi were both at or close to #1 Legend with Yogg Warrior and N'Zoth Warrior respectively.

manhack

How the fuck is Reno gonna work out there? That's a shitload of Flamestrike.

Evidently if you draw your early game, then flamestrike me 3 times in a row and then draw Reno it works out pretty well.

I'm trying to enjoy arena right now, but I can see why Kripp gets so upset. Getting rekt by the most insanely lucky drafts and draws I can imagine.

Salt levels rising.

wiibomb

I tried making a Control Warrior with only Basic and Classic cards, and this is what I came up with:

I7WVD17.png

The cards non-Classic cards I miss most: Bash, Revenge, and Justicar. This list is just strictly worse against aggro than modern lists.

The midgame minions are pretty flexible, I think. You could use Frothing Berserker, Kor'kron Elite or even Gnomish Inventor in place of Chillwind Yeti, Tinkmaster and Big Game Hunter.

Still, there are a lot of very strong Warrior cards in the Classic/Basic set. I've been pretty sad thinking about TGT and LOE rotating, but as long as Warrior doesn't get hit with the nerf bat it looks like Control Warrior will be fine.

this is a very interesting list. Specially considering I got 2 of those legendaries yesterday.

I only don't have (don't plan to have, really) Alexstraza, any substitution for that one?

fertygo

I'm half convinced Spirit Claw tweaks the RNG to make it more likely for a spell damage totem to come out

regardless this true or not

gg blizz you made shaman had more highroll target and frigging hero power token is massive threat for deck filled with threat.

Levi

Banned
I have a Rogue quest I would like to complete. Can someone link me to a meme-Burglar list I can futz around with in casual?

I think rogue would be able to put up a stronger maly deck than maly druid if it had access to heals like druid does. Raven idol is also a card that rogue lacks but I think it makes up for it in other areas.

I tried maly rogue + arcane giants early on, but I think the arcane giants detract from the OTK whereas maly druid is less OTK and more versatility. Watching these maly druids does make me want to try maly rogue more, one of my favorite decks I played in OG.

Tarei should of double brawled.

Yeah in hindsight... I mean, that's a results oriented conclusion. I think the casters explained a good reason why you don't, and that's because the deck still has cards you would need brawl for to deal with. Knowing both hands is clear, you wanted to see that kind of read from tarei, but playing around double savage roar? meh.

_DrMario_

Yeah in hindsight... I mean, that's a results oriented conclusion. I think the casters explained a good reason why you don't, and that's because the deck still has cards you would need brawl for to deal with. Knowing both hands is clear, you wanted to see that kind of read from tarei, but playing around double savage roar? meh.

To be honest I wasn't watching too closely but didn't he have a ghoul left? Ghoul + shield slam or execute would clear Onyxia but whatever.

Levi

Banned
this is a very interesting list. Specially considering I got 2 of those legendaries yesterday.

I only don't have (don't plan to have, really) Alexstraza, any substitution for that one?

Well, you can probably make a better list with your adventure and Old Gods cards. If you have Skype id be happy to help you build a warrior deck.

EDIT:

No one helped me a Rogue deck so I made my own and took it to wild, went 3-1. (Lost to a Dragon Priest who had a really fast start when I didn't draw any early game at all.)

Best game I thistle tea'd into Van Cleef AND Tinker's Sharpsword Oil. I smashed my Mech Mage opponent in the face with an 11/8 Van Cleef and a 7 attack dagger to end the game.

Another fun game was when I Thistle Tea'd into Swashburglar, and one of the Swash Burglars gave me a Babbling Book. So much combo-activation and card-generation.

EGDBu67.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom