• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT7/7| _ Give Tyrande | _ Blizzard: Give Amazon Money

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember when druid had a choose one: 2/3 taunt or 3/2 taunt that never saw play? That's because neither combination of stats plus taunt is particularly powerful compared to the same stat combination but different text.

A 2/3 taunt neutral would see lots of play I think in control oriented decks. Hell a 3/5 taunt for 5 that spawns a 1/2 taunt is basically ubiquitous in Wild, so scaling that down to something more fair and 2 mana, a 2/3 taunt seems like a really obvious print.

I don't think so. Most of the time a 2/3 acts like it has taunt anyway, since people are inclined to trade early on.

Yeah, a Taunt should have defensive stats, not offensive ones. It's a defensive card.

Bloodhoof and Fierce Monkey have good stats for their mana cost, Thespian does not.

3/2 is good defensive stats (trades vs many 3 drops). You just don't need a 2 mana taunt though, so it doesn't matter.

It trades evenly with Totem Golem, Alex Champion and War Axe. Also Kindly Grandmother and then kills 3/2 for free.

Minibot was the main reason those cards weren't that great in the previous rotation.

minibot would be so ridiculous right now. i forgot it could kill huge toad with no risk
I miss minibot so much, I disregarded them prior seasons but I put them back into my wild deck taking out the whole haunted creeper, steward of darkshire, knife juggler shebang.
This is the real point right here. You can tech against Secret Paladin in Wild with either Eater of Secrets, Kezan Mystic, or (if you're a hunter) Flare. And those are usually effective if you draw them. In general secret tech is pretty good in Wild, Hunters, Mages and Paladins all run them with some frequency and the counters are varying degrees of crippling to those decks. There are decisions to be made about the metagame here. How many secret decks will I face? Is it worth playing 2x of these Secret counters? What other decks can I beat without removing the cards this deck needs to win? etc. Then you can counter the people countering the secrets by not running the secrets and making their cards dead, and so on. The counter circle actually works. Also hey, Healbot is a good card sometimes you guys.

In Standard, "Midrange" Shaman is just the best deck. There isn't a counterplay to be found becuase that deck doesn't have decisions to make most of the time. It just plays as close to the curve as it can and wins because its minions are better. There is no "metagame" here. There are simply the best decks and then other decks that aren't as good but maybe are more skillful or fun or whatever. Because this is Hearthstone you can obviously still do well on ladder with almost anything, but if you just want to win: the game is solved at the moment.
The only good secret hate is flare imo. I'm not running any secret hate in my wild deck.
Nah man nothing beats that:

Turn 2 Minibot - Better than Totem Golem.
Turn 3 Muster for Battle - Better than Tuskar Totemic on average.
Turn 4 Shreddrer - Best 4 drop in the game, better than 477.
Turn 5 Loatheb/Belcher - Best 5 drop in the game, everyone runs that in Wild even Token/Malygos Druid to protect their boards.
Turn 6 The "God" - Best 6 drop in the history of Hearthstone, enough said.
Turn 7 Dr Balanced - Best 7 drop in the history of Hearthstone.
Turn 8 Tirion - Best 8 drop in the game.
Turn 10 Nzoth - Resurrect your BS minions and Tirion.

Secret Paladin is still the god of god curves.

I do see the point that Midrange Shaman feels more powerful because other classes don't have much to counter. In Secret Paladin's reign you still have an over powered Zoo deck, Grim Patron Warrior, a better Freeze Mage, a better Priest etc.

You forgot the most ridiculous curve.

T1: Secret Keeper
T2: Noble Sacrifice, Avenge
T3: Coghammer

Game 1 and done.

My most ridiculous curve ever was

T1: Secret Keeper
T2: Secret Keeper, Noble Sacrifice
T3: Noble Sacrifice

Or recently against warrior scared of win axe

T2: Secret Keeper, Secret Keeper, Coin, Noble Sacrifice

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Have they revealed what to do for Tyrande hero portrait yet?

Tyrande is one of the free heroes you get in Heroes of the Storm, and Samwise is the art director on that game, so I assume it will be tied to Heroes.

However, they're not likely to do that until the Tavern-Brawl-esque mode they're adding to Heroes is in the game, since it's presumably the one that's most appealing to Hearthstone players.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
I wish there was a 2/3 Taunt in the neutral selection. I would actually play it in Bolster Warrior. Sparring Partner and Pompous Thespian are not what you want.

Maybe. Calucating tuant minion stats at mana/mana+1 would definitely be a buff over their usual way of valuing taunt stats at either mana+1/mana or mana-1/mana+1 for the attack to health ratios.

But that could be ok given how weak taunt is and how strong aggro is right now.

I wouldn't run either of the 3/2 taunts in bolster warrior. Turn 2 just has to be War Axe, Slam, or Hero Power.

Remember when druid had a choose one: 2/3 taunt or 3/2 taunt that never saw play? That's because neither combination of stats plus taunt is particularly powerful compared to the same stat combination but different text.

I don't think so. Most of the time a 2/3 acts like it has taunt anyway, since people are inclined to trade early on.

3/2 is good defensive stats (trades vs many 3 drops). You just don't need a 2 mana taunt though, so it doesn't matter.

That's a good point, now that Aggro is more about making a crazy board early, instead of charge minnions that always go face. We'd probably be better off with a return of annoy-o-tron.

Ladekabel

Casted several Yoggs so far. Why does Headcrack end up in my hand but Eviscerate always deals 2 damage? Both weren't the first spells cast.

Tyrande is one of the free heroes you get in Heroes of the Storm, and Samwise is the art director on that game, so I assume it will be tied to Heroes.

However, they're not likely to do that until the Tavern-Brawl-esque mode they're adding to Heroes is in the game, since it's presumably the one that's most appealing to Hearthstone players.

If that's the case I hope they don't make me play too much HotS.

nubbe

The starter pack is totally rigged
2 Edwin

dLOkTTC.png

Mulgrok

I refined my Warlock deck, and it probably is the same as netdeck lists.

I am down with the sickness.

EDIT: I succumbed to pressure and crafted yogg. I assume the card will be nerfed and my dust refunded, so it is a win/win

Miletius

It's interesting to see the meta shift as Tempstorm releases their meta snapshot. I've faced a lot more maly Druids in the last 24 hours (rank 7-10ish). That's a lot of power for 1 website, I wonder if the authors have toyed with the idea of having some duds mixed in with the actual T1 decks.

Mulgrok

It's interesting to see the meta shift as Tempstorm releases their meta snapshot. I've faced a lot more maly Druids in the last 24 hours (rank 7-10ish). That's a lot of power for 1 website, I wonder if the authors have toyed with the idea of having some duds mixed in with the actual T1 decks.

They have most definitely trolled their readers more than once.

I think malygos druid is legit top of the meta atm.

Levi

Banned
Just beat a Malchazar Control Shaman with Fatigue damage, lol. One of his random legendaries was Finley and he chose life tap. I was so so happy to see that.

He also really badly misplayed against my Sylvanas. He plays the resurrect spell on his 7/8 taunt and I responded with Sylvanas. He plays Feral spirts and goes face. So instead of giving me a 1/3 change to steal his big guy, he gives me a 100% chance since I war axe and bash the two little taunts first.

He taps into Hex the very next turn, and hexes the taunt so I do not get the death rattle value.

Still, the damage was already done.

He also used an AL Akir to clear a Bloodhoof Brave. I was very happy to evenly trade my 4 drop for his 9 drop!

I think his worst play was when he played Leeroy/Double Rockbiter/mukla banana to put me to 12 while he had a wide board of under 3 health minions. One revenge later his board is clear. With double block, double portal, and Justicar I think I ended the game at 50+ health, so the only thing that play did was clear his own board in exchange for some irrelevant damage.

If he'd played around revenge I might have had to burn a brawl there, maybe giving him a better chance to build a board later and pressure me while my health was relatively low.

His last minion in hand was Deathwing (revealed via healing wave) so I just never played the Monkey and tanked up until he was dead to fatigue. He plays DW, I can taunt or execute. He doesn't, he can't deal damage and I win. 30 minutes well spent for me.

Asbel

Well you just hex their strongest deathrattles and n'zoth is significantly weaker. It's like getting double value off hex. And I think control shaman runs enough big threats that getting 2 hexed isn't a huge deal as long as they don't want the good buff spells which is in their control.
Yep, and I'm careful of playing ancestral spirit before my opponents hex or entomb comes out.

manhack

I'm pretty sure Yogg Druid in some form or another is the most broken deck in the game right now. Between innervates, 0 mana 8/8, Yogg-Saron and Fandral shenanigans it easily outperforms most decks in sheer fuckery. Some even run Malygos to give a burst win condition.

The funny thing is you just don't see it as much as the other tier 1 decks.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
I'm pretty sure Yogg Druid in some form or another is the most broken deck in the game right now. Between innervates, 0 mana 8/8, Yogg-Saron and Fandral shenanigans it easily outperforms most decks in sheer fuckery. Some even run Malygos to give a burst win condition.

The funny thing is you just don't see it as much as the other tier 1 decks.
It's pretty fun

Levi

Banned
I don't think maly druid runs violet teacher. The list they have up doesn't as well. Maybe there are variations that do though.

Frozen thinks Teacher should be in Maly Druid:

http://www.hearthstonetopdecks.com/decks/fr0zens-malygosyogg-token-druid-august-2016-season-29/

Xixo disagrees:

http://www.hearthstonetopdecks.com/...ogg-druid-insomnia-truesilver-championship-3/

They both apparently have really strong opinions on whether or not teacher is correct. Amnesiac and Zalae were discussing it last night and neither of them knew which of them were right. I'm running Frozen's list and I've won a few games with big Teacher boards + POTW, so I'm leaning towards that one. (I'm bad, though, 5-5 with it at rank 15).

Dahbomb

I prefer Teacher variant too.

Druid is obviously pretty strong because Innervate has and always will be a busted spell. Once they nerfed the combo people realized that Druid can do other stuff as well.

They once put Concede Mage as tier 1 when it clearly was a troll.

Levi

Banned
Maybe in the hands of an expert player (and that's a big maybe) Druid is better than Shaman... but on the ladder most of us see, Shaman is clearly dominant.

The only reason I groan when I face a Druid is because I know it's going to be a long game and even if I get out of range of their burst it's a coin flip whether or not I die to their Yogg.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Messed with a midrange shaman for the first time in awhile...the amount of times I got spirit claws to actually be a better war axe is pretty hilarious.

Levi

Banned
Messed with a midrange shaman for the first time in awhile...the amount of times I got spirit claws to actually be a better war axe is pretty hilarious.

War Axe should be one mana, Garrosh is sad he no longer has the best early game weapon in the game.

wiibomb

I've found that those spirit claws can get some very good work at even 1 attack. Now at 3 attack those things are OP AF. they even make any spell damage minion a soft taunt

I've found that those spirit claws can get some very good work at even 1 attack. Now at 3 attack those things are OP AF. they even make any spell damage minion a soft taunt

Light's justice with 3 durability basically. And honestly light's justice isn't even that bad of a card.

Compare it to the rogue weapon
184px-Cogmaster%27s_Wrench%2812265%29_Gold.png

And you can see how poorly rogue has been treated lol.

I guess mechs are more abundant but even then, the power difference between the two cards is pretty large.

wiibomb

I got a golden Gladiator's Bow last saturday in my pack openings..

I should dust it, right? specially considering it is my second one

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
I got a golden Gladiator's Bow last saturday in my pack openings..

I should dust it, right? specially considering it is my second one

Yeah it is a one of at best and even if you have a deck in the future where you want a second one you aren't losing any dust.

sibarraz

Banned
I wonder which kind of nerf could receive yogg while keeping his "heart of the card" at least should be something related to spells

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
I wonder which kind of nerf could receive yogg while keeping his "heart of the card" at least should be something related to spells

You could stop him from casting when he dies/transforms, you could limit the number of spells, you could take certain spells out, you could make him cast from a random player's perspective.

IceMarker

I'm starting to believe Blizzard is afraid of players putting Deadly Poison/Oil onto every weapon, so they adjust the cost of Rogue weapons to reflect that.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
I'm starting to believe Blizzard is afraid of players putting Deadly Poison/Oil onto every weapon, so they adjust the cost of Rogue weapons to reflect that.

Starting? I think the designers more or less confirmed this a while back when they nerfed Blade Flurry.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
How is arena these days now that the changes are in? Do decks feel better for some of the trash tier classes? Is mage less insane? I've been thinking about playing some arena lately but the imblance always stopped me.

How is arena these days now that the changes are in? Do decks feel better for some of the trash tier classes? Is mage less insane? I've been thinking about playing some arena lately but the imblance always stopped me.

Too early because people are still hoarding decks with banned cards.

Miletius

Too early because people are still hoarding decks with banned cards.

Might not be hoarding so much as people are still cycling through their arena with banned cards. It might take me a week or two to play through an arena run, it's not my favorite and I play it when I feel like the meta is too toxic for me to enjoy constructed.

Asbel

Play testing decks in casual, low rank and wild against wasted life fatigue decks, super greedy decks, and pay to win decks has given me an appreciation for the aggro meta that keeps those game killing decks in dumpster tier. Imagine facing these awful decks regulary on ladder. And Yogg would be more prevalent if you could play more 10 drops. I find aggro boring to play as but don't mind facing aggro decks and I can tech against a known meta. Meta could be less mindless though.

Frozen thinks Teacher should be in Maly Druid:

http://www.hearthstonetopdecks.com/decks/fr0zens-malygosyogg-token-druid-august-2016-season-29/

Xixo disagrees:

http://www.hearthstonetopdecks.com/...ogg-druid-insomnia-truesilver-championship-3/

They both apparently have really strong opinions on whether or not teacher is correct. Amnesiac and Zalae were discussing it last night and neither of them knew which of them were right. I'm running Frozen's list and I've won a few games with big Teacher boards + POTW, so I'm leaning towards that one. (I'm bad, though, 5-5 with it at rank 15).

Those are pretty much different decks. Hard to say one is right or wrong when they're that different. Straight up maly druid doesn't run potw, so there is little reason to run VT. Pretty much different archetypes. One is fairly midrange and xixo's is pretty much a combo deck.

manhack

Welp. Just went from rank 4 with 3 stars to 5 with no stars. The swings in this game are crazy. #neverlegend

FeelsBadMan

Yeah pretty normal to see swings like this. Many times I've been on the cusp of Legend and then couldn't break through. The only time I've made it I forced myself to just hit play over and over regardless of winning or losing. It can be tough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom