• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT7/7| _ Give Tyrande | _ Blizzard: Give Amazon Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

IceMarker

Welcome to Hearthstone, where if you play a non-meta deck you are sure to get your ass handed to you for trying to have fun with one that isn't. I wish Hunter and mid-range Shaman would die in a fire, at least we know one of those is going to struggle in 2017.

MLO

FeelsBadMan

Yeah pretty normal to see swings like this. Many times I've been on the cusp of Legend and then couldn't break through. The only time I've made it I forced myself to just hit play over and over regardless of winning or losing. It can be tough.

Sigh. I've been playing since beta and never pushed for legend but I'm really at the point where I just want to grind it out. I'd be happy just making it once so I could mess around with fun decks. Guess I'm jumping back on later tonight.

Welcome to Hearthstone, where if you play a non-meta deck you are sure to get your ass handed to you for trying to have fun with one that isn't. I wish Hunter and mid-range Shaman would die in a fire, at least we know one of those is going to struggle in 2017.

I mean that's true for any card game you take to a competitive environment.

I'm currently brewing a deck in mtg that tries to combo off playing literally a bunch of useless spells and the deck folds completely to a lot of strategies not even tier 1 decks.

Levi

Banned
Those are pretty much different decks. Hard to say one is right or wrong when they're that different. Straight up maly druid doesn't run potw, so there is little reason to run VT. Pretty much different archetypes. One is fairly midrange and xixo's is pretty much a combo deck.

Well, those are the two competing "Druid with Malygos" decks, and folks aren't yet coming to consensus on which version is optimal for the meta.

It seems to me that most of the time with any new archetype, it usually only takes the community a short time to decide on an optimal 26 or so cards. I think it's cool that there are two different lists.

Well, those are the two competing "Druid with Malygos" decks, and folks aren't yet coming to consensus on which version is optimal for the meta.

It seems to me that most of the time with any new archetype, it usually only takes the community a short time to decide on an optimal 26 or so cards. I think it's cool that there are two different lists.

2 different decks

It's not just picking the optimal version, those decks play very different and have different match ups. That's like saying miracle rogue and malyrogue are the same deck just variations of each other. And typically both of those lists fall under the combo archetype, whereas those 2 lists are just as divergent if not more and fall under different archetypes.

Malygos druid and token druid w/ malygos basically. 2 different decks.

Levi

Banned
This beast druid list Muzzy was playing at top ten legend feels really strong.

http://www.hearthstonetopdecks.com/decks/muzzys-beast-druid-top-5-legend-september-2016-season-30/

Nice turn 2! Lol

QwIQS2x.jpg

This fucking POS aggro Shaman got out SmOrced! He fucking picked healing off Finley, that's how behind his dumb ass was.

KW5yvs3.jpg

My only loss was to the Mage up top. Actually, I should clarify--my only loss was to a fucking Hail Mary Yogg played by a Mage who was desperately behind and then magically just wasn't.
Fun and interactive, boys.

Almost win streaked all the way to 15 on my EU account just doing a Drood quest.

In a class with bad healing though.

Druid has pretty good healing options. Even healing touch was not bad before feral rage came out and feral rage is not a strictly better card because it can't heal minions. And before that ancient of lore was auto-include with the option to heal if needed. Even bite and claw have had it's day in usage.

fertygo

I'm skeptical with Gadgetzan at maly drood, but after trying it.. Auctioneer has won me plenty of game with drawing Giant, and tempo'd the fuck out.

How important is Antonidas to a wild freeze mage?

You easily build without. I know some people swear by antonidas being key to the deck but even pre-standard ragnaros was often not just a replacement, but optimal. I recall hitting legend during the grim patron era with tempo mage running ragnaros. I also played with antonidas at one point, but ragnaros is faster and requires conserving less resources. Depends on how fast the meta is tbh. You can run both too.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
How important is Antonidas to a wild freeze mage?

Not a deal breaker. He is an alternative win condition, but I have seen some deck variants that are arguably better that cut him. A big issue is that he is a really slow card, you can't really play him turn 7, and you can't play unless you have some spells to generate fireballs.

Wait, I thought Spellbender was whenever an enemy targets anything with a spell, but it actually has to be a minion?

Jesus, what were they thinking with that card? What a piece of crap.

sibarraz

Banned
when is the best time to play gadgetzaan? since druid doesn't has a conceal I don't know when you exploit him the most.

And also how do you survive the first 4-5 turns?

fertygo

I think there's argument to made, Malygos is really hard to kill for something that can't leave up for a turn

at these recent list you can set up Malygos live for 2 or even more turn
when is the best time to play gadgetzaan? since druid doesn't has a conceal I don't know when you exploit him the most.

And also how do you survive the first 4-5 turns?

Ramp, ramp a lot, live until you had plenty of mana and set up swing turn

Best time to use Gadget when you at 7-10 mana and hold some cheap spell

sibarraz

Banned
Will be cool if hb releases an CCG bundle

I think there's argument to made, Malygos is really hard to kill for something that can't leave up for a turn

Ramp, ramp a lot, live until you had plenty of mana and set up swing turn

Best time to use Gadget when you at 7-10 mana and hold some cheap spell

I'll test it

Pooya

I don't think they would do something that goes through an external storefront, outside of the game. Blizzard was never on humble bundle either. I don't think so.

Dahbomb

At 9 mana? Might as well nerf Ysera too.

Malygos is only hard to kill because people don't want to run too many removals in their tempo/aggro decks.

You can only set up Malygos for two turns if they already used their removals. And even then a Malygos rarely lives until second turn (game usually ends either way).

fertygo

At 9 mana? Might as well nerf Ysera too.

Malygos is only hard to kill because people don't want to run too many removals in their tempo/aggro decks.

You can only set up Malygos for two turns if they already used their removals. And even then a Malygos rarely lives until second turn (game usually ends either way).

I just think reasoning that reddit pleb would made bro

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
All I know is that I want Hamuul Runetotem as a hero, goddammit.

Game needs at least one Tauren repping a class.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom