• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT7/7| _ Give Tyrande | _ Blizzard: Give Amazon Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

ricelord

FYI, Duelyst is on the Humble Bundle today. There's a free code to start the game with 20x card packs, but it only works if you're on a new account. You just have to give your e-mail - no purchase necessary:
https://www.humblebundle.com/jumbo-bundle-7

If anyone gives it a shot, please list me as your referral. Apparently the account creation referral is inconsistent, so you need to go into the game settings and click the referral button from there to make it work, and it won't work if you've already played a match. My IGN is Karsticles if anyone wants to refer me. :-D

I just don't see the appeal of a direct Hearthstone clone. It doesn't fix a single design problem Hearthstone has.

added >.>

The video from disguised toast of all 20 Yogs in the Americas tournament made me sad.

I barely do anything outside my daily anymore and just log off.

patchday

Watching the pros reaction to Yogg is somewhat funny tho. My friend and I both watched that video we just lol'ed. I watched a lot of that tournament live too

____

Oh yeah guess I got enough dust for Thalnos if I dust Captain Greenskin. Is this legendary even good for niche cases? maybe I'll keep for a little while. just got it just now after opening a pack after completing this daily

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Oh yeah guess I got enough dust for Thalnos if I dust Captain Greenskin. Is this legendary even good for niche cases? maybe I'll keep for a little while. just got it just now after opening a pack after completing this daily

People have tried to make Captain Greenskin work and he never really has. He gets experimented with in pirate decks but never really sticks around.I don't think you even need him to get Captain's Parrot anymore?

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Watching the pros reaction to Yogg is somewhat funny tho. My friend and I both watched that video we just lol'ed. I watched a lot of that tournament live too

____

I think he sees some fringe play in the super aggro pirate Warrior that you might sometimes see but that's about it.

Though who knows if Blizz will ever make pirates more of a thing.

patchday

I'll dust him in the morning.

Will craft either bloodmage or sylvannas

tough choice. Sylvannas used in like 30% of decks my friend was showing me the other day but man I can get some use out of Thalnos for my utility decks (well spell claw shaman / miracle rogue / tempo mage)

hm....

but yeah captain greenskin is getting scraped w/o a trial. Thanks

[edit] decision is not all that dire; I'm sure I'll craft the 'other' legendary in 2-3 weeks the way I'm rolling in dust

Dahbomb

The video from disguised toast of all 20 Yogs in the Americas tournament made me sad.

Just saw the video and the player reactions sell it. Especially Hotmeowth... dude looked like he was having a massive migraine.

So what I thought was interesting was that, there was an even distribution of good and bad yoggs (I think). What this DID highlight, was that playing against Yogg is the worst, and when you print a card that has even the slightest chance of instantly winning you the game, people will pick it up no questions. Probably why so many people play against it and hate it.

I remember seeing somewhere that when they make cards, they want to make sure that it's fun to play AND play against. Guess they just forgot about that second part for Yogg.

Maly rogue is performing pretty well. All the talk about it made me want to dust it off and play some, 5-2 so far. Only ran into 1 hunter and 1 tempo mage (barely lost to tempo mage).

People have tried to make Captain Greenskin work and he never really has. He gets experimented with in pirate decks but never really sticks around.I don't think you even need him to get Captain's Parrot anymore?

You would need him if obtaining captain's parrot was possible to obtain captain's parrot via achievement anymore. They turned that off making it and murk eye craftable (and dustable), probably because they were rotated out of the standard set.

KuroNeeko

Man, I cannot keep a consistent win rate of 50% or higher with priest right now.

I'm teched to handle aggro-mid, but then lose to other control decks (except Warrior, who I have been just trashing).

Resurrect Priest is at 47%. Most common match-up has been Mage (50% WR), followed by Warrior (100% WR). Losing to Shaman (0% WR) and Priest (0% WR) lol.

Burgle Rogue is at a flat 50%, but I'm still learning the list.

N'zoth Priest is at 44% with consistent losses to Warrior (C'thun? WTF) and Warlock.

Almost at 400 wins.

patchday

All that talk about duelyst makes me want to play it.

I try to play a bit of everything. but unfortunately Duelyst also copies HS quest system which I actually do not like. I hate being forced into classes I do not care for (like priest). sometimes I'll get multiple stiny paladin/priest quests back-to-back (like all 3 quests after rerolls will be locked to pally/priest). So when I see games using that daily quest I run

I'd rather just give me a WoTD or a simple daily quests like Solforge (Win 1, Win 3 games, etc).

I try to play a bit of everything. but unfortunately Duelyst also copies HS quest system which I actually do not like. I hate being forced into classes I do not care for (like priest). sometimes I'll get multiple stiny paladin/priest quests back-to-back (like all 3 quests after rerolls will be locked to pally/priest). So when I see games using that daily quest I run

I'd rather just give me a WoTD or a simple daily quests like Solforge (Win 1, Win 3 games, etc).

I really liked it with solforge could complete quests vs AI.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
The only way I ever see Greenskin becoming meta, is if they introduce a weapon with a really powerful effect but minimal charges. Something similar to Atiesh. That, or maybe a way to cheat out pirates, like a Pirate Warper.

So swashburglar got my dragon consort which reduced my malygos to 7. Funny thing is I had emperor in hand and that might have been a better play anyway lol.

Regarding greenskin, it's not a bad card tbh. It's basically a 4 mana 5/4 with a 1 mana upgrade in 1 card. That's pretty good value, basically 2 cards in one. Plus it has a pirate tag... if your deck can take advantage of that. I've never played pirate rogue cause I don't have all the cards for it, but I think rogue could probably pull something off. Swashburglar is a good pirate, deadly fork provides a high value body/weapon combo, and the pirate legendary from TGT is like a leeroy finisher. I'm not likely to drop 1600 dust on the tgt pirate though.

edit:
Was looking at my cards to figure out what I would run in a pirate deck. The options feel good tbh. But I cam across dread corsair. Reminded me of the old days of oil rogue and running this guy in it. Unlike thing from below, he is a balanced card and really cool. I loved sprinting into free 3/3 taunts vs all the aggro decks that assume you're not running a single taunt. Or against the midrange/combo decks cause those extra bodies protect your board and can be a pain to deal with.

Man the cropping on these cards is so dumb. Always thought the taunt totem was some snake or something

Stoneclaw_Totem_full.png

wat

KuroNeeko

So swashburglar got my dragon consort which reduced my malygos to 7. Funny thing is I had emperor in hand and that might have been a better play anyway lol.

Regarding greenskin, it's not a bad card tbh. It's basically a 4 mana 5/4 with a 1 mana upgrade in 1 card. That's pretty good value, basically 2 cards in one. Plus it has a pirate tag... if your deck can take advantage of that. I've never played pirate rogue cause I don't have all the cards for it, but I think rogue could probably pull something off. Swashburglar is a good pirate, deadly fork provides a high value body/weapon combo, and the pirate legendary from TGT is like a leeroy finisher. I'm not likely to drop 1600 dust on the tgt pirate though.

I think Assassin's Blade is one heal, mana reduction card, or buff away from being really, really good.

Maybe after Kraken ends and the hyper aggro shaman rotates out?

patchday

yeah Captain Greenskin just looks so weak too me. would be cool to 'break the meta' and find something fun and effective but this card just looks like it got neutered or something.

I dunno still giving it a little thought. usually I like to bring a card into 1 match at least before I dust'em

I got a bane of doom off swashburglar which summoned me an illidan. He didn't remove it, chose to emperor thaurisan assuming I would trade with it. Weird considering I am rogue and will almost always choose to use spells to remove before a minion. Auctioneer + prep + sap gg.

.eJwNzMsNwyAMANBduAdsKJ9kgt47AELEgkgJROCequ7evgHeR7zHKTZRme-5KbUfM_exy8l9pEKy9F5OSvcxZe6XSswp14saT4UO0foHAFi0AVYdlNYBrDbg1hCM88Fr9aQ0uP67RvGVB1GbtXOEddG4oItgJHppvLxbEd8fNrAspw.Uv3d8XCW4P8Qt-t6UZ2yFcf6WF0

Super violet teacher cause it triggers off any card, not just spells.

I've heard people claim that hearthstone viewership is down, particularly for tournaments. But then there is this chart which shows hearthstone at 3rd, a spot a new height apparently.

Cs3YR9NVYAArGCa.jpg:large

And people keep saying SC2 is a failed esport... wut?

Pooya

TES Legend devs posted a blog earlier;
We carefully consider card changes but we’re not resistant to them, either. We want to take full advantage of the digital medium to bring you an exciting strategy game that doesn’t get stale. And if that means applying a little grease to a few cards from time to time for metagame tuning, we are more than willing to do so, if we feel like the game will overall be significantly healthier.

That taking full advantage of digital medium. Taking potshots at Hearthstone. lol

edit: they're doing a identical starter bundle btw, 10 packs one guaranteed legendary. lel

Damn winning against dragon warrior at 6 life is intense. Double Sap + SI7 for a clear is too good.
I love finally being to put Malygos to use. I've had that card for years unused.Next up is going to be Fandral because he's a dumb card and I have most of the expensive cards needed for Malygos Druid.

Ladekabel

Playing Malylock against this C'Thun Warrior. I have three minions on board and 9 cards in hand. I drop Malygos and have both Soulfires in hand. I play the first Soulfire and with a chance of about 15% (if my math is right) it drops my second Soulfire preventing me from lethal. The chance was so small that I already attacked with my remaining minions in the face. Which turns out to be a stupid move since with his two minions on board and the topdecked C'Thun he immediatly gets lethal because the first few C'Thun bullets hit my face for lethal despite having 4 bodies on the board.

Edit.: In the next game against a Tempo Mage the exact same thing happened again. I'm done with Hearthstone for today.

manhack

Playing Malylock against this C'Thun Warrior. I have three minions on board and 9 cards in hand. I drop Malygos and have both Soulfires in hand. I play the first Soulfire and with a chance of about 15% (if my math is right) it drops my second Soulfire preventing me from lethal. The chance was so small that I already attacked with my remaining minions in the face. Which turns out to be a stupid move since with his two minions on board and the topdecked C'Thun he immediatly gets lethal because the first few C'Thun bullets hit my face for lethal despite having 4 bodies on the board.

Edit.: In the next game against a Tempo Mage the exact same thing happened again. I'm done with Hearthstone for today.

It is widely known that Soulfire will always discard the other soulfire in your hand when played.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

patchday

Damn winning against dragon warrior at 6 life is intense. Double Sap + SI7 for a clear is too good.
I love finally being to put Malygos to use. I've had that card for years unused.Next up is going to be Fandral because he's a dumb card and I have most of the expensive cards needed for Malygos Druid.

yeah Fandral is on my 'must craft list'. He's just too good/dumb not to craft. amazing synergy with other druid cards.

Last classic pack was a Harrison Jones, got another one today with The Beast (and a junk Epic too). It's raining Dust!

Harrison would be a nice legendary to get. I would keep him

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"

Relatively speaking, anyway. SC2 looks like it only gets half the viewership of the RNG-fest of Hearthstone.

Of course this basically confirms that things like skill ceilings and RNG have zero effect on eSports viewership, for all the Yogg alarmists out there.

Relatively speaking, anyway. SC2 looks like it only gets half the viewership of the RNG-fest of Hearthstone.

Of course this basically confirms that things like skill ceilings and RNG have zero effect on eSports viewership, for all the Yogg alarmists out there.

It's like a reality TV show where the participants get hit in the face. People will watch and love it.

patchday

I've heard people claim that hearthstone viewership is down, particularly for tournaments. But then there is this chart which shows hearthstone at 3rd, a spot a new height apparently.

I've always assumed when people proclaim that SC2 and HS are dead competitive wise they are just plain trolling up the wazzo or never been to a fireside gathering / tournament. I have- so I know these people just straight up have no idea how popular these games are. You cant even find a seat at Dreamhack Austin. Blizzcon is gonna be off the hook this year I'm looking forward to the trip

wiibomb

If I have about 90% of the classic cards in my collection and I'm missing only legendary cards, some epics and barely rares (although there are some very important ones I don't have). is it worth to stop spending gold on the classic packs? I thought I might just open WotOG packs until I get a similar rate on those.

Last 2 pack opening I made gave me mostly dust and some legendaries. I'm still missing gromm, antonidas, sylvannas, jaraxxus, tinkmaster, onyxia, deathwing and some several epics like the 2 shield slams, 1 doomsayer, 1 brawl, 1 ice block.

Dahbomb

Look at total hours vs Esports hours. There's a bigger disparity for HS compared to other games, it's the second lowest in fact.

Like everyone knows HS is a highly viewed game overall (when it comes to everyday streaming) but what was claimed was that viewership at tournaments has been down from last year. Not that the game is competitively dead or anything but a noticeable decline was observed.

Also this is just stats for a single month, let's get year to year stats going or something.

Otnopolit

If I have about 90% of the classic cards in my collection and I'm missing only legendary cards, some epics and barely rares (although there are some very important ones I don't have). is it worth to stop spending gold on the classic packs? I thought I might just open WotOG packs until I get a similar rate on those.

Last 2 pack opening I made gave me mostly dust and some legendaries. I'm still missing gromm, antonidas, sylvannas, jaraxxus, tinkmaster, onyxia, deathwing and some several epics like the 2 shield slams, 1 doomsayer, 1 brawl, 1 ice block.

I don't think so, mainly because of the significant number of Legendaries you're missing and how crafting them would cost huge amounts of dust. Unless you have that much lying around, I'd say there's still incentive to get a classic pack here and again. The tavern brawl today may give you some help!

wiibomb

I don't think so, mainly because of the significant number of Legendaries you're missing and how crafting them would cost huge amounts of dust. Unless you have that much lying around, I'd say there's still incentive to get a classic pack here and again. The tavern brawl today may give you some help!

of course, well I have right now about 4000 dust... I know I can craft some useful things, but I'm still waiting for a deck to make them before I spend dust on something I'm not using.

oh and I'm still missing malygos for that miracle rogue. I don't know if I should craft it.

I'm still missing the most useful legendaries from WotG, like Yogg, N'Zoth or Fandral... even Vek'lor. and this isn't even counting the epics from there I'm still missing...

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Look at total hours vs Esports hours. There's a bigger disparity for HS compared to other games, it's the second lowest in fact.

Like everyone knows HS is a highly viewed game overall (when it comes to everyday streaming) but what was claimed was that viewership at tournaments has been down from last year. Not that the game is competitively dead or anything but a noticeable decline was observed.

Also this is just stats for a single month, let's get year to year stats going or something.
I think Kripp nailed it when he said the major issues was that no one knows who the players are anymore so they don't tune in to watch, and just watch the streams of the players they like instead.

His other point was about deck variety and pointing out that Challengestone-like tournaments are the most popular these days.

ViviOggi

I think Kripp nailed it when he said the major issues was that no one knows who the players are anymore so they don't tune in to watch, and just watch the streams of the players they like instead.

His other point was about deck variety and pointing out that Challengestone-like tournaments are the most popular these days.
Yup competitive HS's main draw has always been rooting for your faves you already know and seeing ekop getting rekt by rng. It lives and dies by the casters/hosts being able to serve fresh memes and entertaining storylines.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom