• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT7/7| _ Give Tyrande | _ Blizzard: Give Amazon Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

patchday

Tavern brawl is butt easy once you realize you just need to mulligan for win condition cards. got done with that fast

Yeah still sitting on Greenskin lol. Just havent played all that much

I did duel my next door neighbor this morning (80g friend quest) and won. I guess I did him kinda dirty. I spectated his match before I challenged him. Noticed he had thalnos on his mage. So when we dueled and he picked rogue I just kept that in mind. He's really freakin' good

so funny I know so many Hearthstone players but guess it makes sense. when I meet new people I ask them what games they play, etc. And I usually wear Gaming shirts (usually Overwatch tho)

Man, I'd love it if Blizzard would wake the fuck up and finally change Warlock's hero power so we could get other archetypes that aren't "draw twice as much as your opponent and vomit everything on the board."

wow you must be really cruel. Warlock doesnt even have a tier 1 deck right now in this meta do they? Just wanna kick a man (Guldan) while he's down lol

I feel you tho (well not when it comes to nerfing warlock but keeping classes I dont play down). I want them to rework Priest. get rid of mind control / entomb. just start all over from scratch. And rework paladin too to make them more fun to play. I only play pally a tiny bit only cause I love the Golden hero portrait (Liandrin). but sooner or later I'ma dust all my pally and priest cards probably. Keep in mind I dont have any pally legendaries tho

Levi

Banned
Haven't seen anyone post the European Summer Championship decklists yet:

http://www.hearthpwn.com/news/1734-hearthstone-europe-summer-championships-2016

As expected, 8/8 participants brought Druid/Warrior/Shaman. A little surprising to see how many Rogues were brought, almost as many as Hunters.

2/3 Mages that were brought were Freeze Mage.

A lot of the Warriors were N'zoth variants, which should do well against the Druids if they don't get banned out (we can dream). Of the two Dragon Warriors, Viper's list is a control variant. Soggoth is in two of the warrior decks, and Ikealyou even put Tinkmaster in his Control Warrior (which might do some work against these N'zoth warriors, N'zoth CW is generally favored vs regular Control Warrior but being able to blank out one of the N'zoth resurrections is pretty good.)

It looks like it's a 50/50 split between Aggro Shaman and midrange Shaman.

I'll be watching this hoping to see some sweet Soggoth action and being disappointed when everyone bans warrior. :(

EDIT: Banana's with Guns: "Thing From Below is perfectly balanced! The real cancer in this game is LifeTap." BrokeBack

Haven't seen anyone post the European Summer Championship decklists yet:

http://www.hearthpwn.com/news/1734-hearthstone-europe-summer-championships-2016

As expected, 8/8 participants brought Druid/Warrior/Shaman. A little surprising to see how many Rogues were brought, almost as many as Hunters.

2/3 Mages that were brought were Freeze Mage.

A lot of the Warriors were N'zoth variants, which should do well against the Druids if they don't get banned out (we can dream). Of the two Dragon Warriors, Viper's list is a control variant. Soggoth is in two of the warrior decks, and Ikealyou even put Tinkmaster in his Control Warrior (which might do some work against these N'zoth warriors, N'zoth CW is generally favored vs regular Control Warrior but being able to blank out one of the N'zoth resurrections is pretty good.)

It looks like it's a 50/50 split between Aggro Shaman and midrange Shaman.

I'll be watching this hoping to see some sweet Soggoth action and being disappointed when everyone bans warrior. :(

EDIT: Banana's with Guns: "Thing From Below is perfectly balanced! The real cancer in this game is LifeTap." BrokeBack

curious, whats the best control warrior vs. shaman? The n'zoth one is too slow right?

Levi

Banned

Dahbomb

Those people who brought in Hunter instead of Freeze Mage are probably going to do better.

Freeze Mage players expected Zoo but instead lots of CW in the pool which means they are forced to ban Warrior. That leaves them open to be beaten by Hunter and Shaman, probably Druid too. Meanwhile Hunter players can just ban Shaman and beat on the CWs.

Ladekabel

Rerolled "Only the Mighty" into "The Meek shall inherit"...

Threw together a Zoolock with a few one and two drops to do it in Casual. Still facing Control Warriors, C'Thun Druids and actual competetive Zoolocks there.

Edit.: Imagine if Skycap'n had the same text as Thing from Below but only with Pirates.

manhack

http://www.vicioussyndicate.com/vs-data-reaper-report-19/

The mid-range shaman match up chart is showing some red:

MADvFoy.png

Looks like freeze mage and control warrior. Can't say I'm happy about freeze mage becoming being more popular. I did see a few yesterday, so starting to make sense. Interesting that 2 decks with terrible match ups against each other happen to be favorable against the most popular deck in the meta.

Pooya

In my experience, control warrior has a good enough match up against everything in the meta. The worst being hunter which has dropped a lot in popularity. Hunter is just terrible against both mage and shaman. Mage just blows you out of the game early on and if they run mirror images you never catch up for call of the wild to matter. Late game they just blow you out with Yogg and millions of random spells too. Thrall has Rexxar for breakfast too. It makes control warrior really good right now. The other kinda iffy match up is druid, they can draw too many cards for you to answer efficiently. It can be really hard. Fortunately, most don't know the correct way to play well against control warrior. I think cw is really really solid and ironforge portal has been a big deal.

Dahbomb

Midrange Shamans can just tweak their lists a bit to improve matchs up against Control Warriors and Freeze Mage if they feel compelled to do so.

The existence of both Aggro and Midrange Shaman at tier 1 means that it's near impossible to predict and counter Shaman. The more you try to counter one, the harder the other one can beat you. Trying to play Control Warrior on ladder means you are just inviting all those Hunters in to the meta that will farm you and it's not Hunters don't exist on Ladder, still a very popular class all around online.

This Purify Priest deck is savage.

Dahbomb

No need to ban cards that they are going to be nerfing. Kappa.
Yeah I was about to say that lol.

Blizzard themselves would never ban cards... they would much quicker nerf them.

Well unless it comes to Arena then they go ham with the bans (and rotations of course).

Mulgrok

evolve shaman takes control of the board and plays master of evolution on a 1 mana minion, creates doomsayer. RIP

Edit: Playing a controly murloc paladin deck, but I am not skilled at the game. Win rate at 50%, which is higher than I expected.
m0u53x7.png

Any advice on how to improve the deck? (I don't have lightlord)

Curator and Medivh performing better than expected. anyfin + random 10 drop usually closes out the game.

EDIT2: Yogg is sub par, probably because I usually have only 7 spells cast before playing it.

EDIT3: decided to try replacing enter the coliseum with my only copy of stampeding kodo. Took out yogg for another azure drake.

MLO

One star from rank 3, and of course I queue into mid-shaman that stomped me and lose the next game after, never legend.

Same here. I'm exclusively using Hunter and it is brutal with the amount of Shaman. Back to rank 5, but going to keep queuing.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Since there was some talk lately about the different variations of control warrior, I figured I'd share this write up going over the three versions floating around these days:

http://hearthstoneplayers.com/different-variatons-control-warrior/

I prefer standard control warrior (but I've cut Yogg for more early game, and my primary win condition is fatigue, as god intended.)

He says he would play a 10 mana 7/5 that gives you ice block in every control deck.

Do you think most would say this?

Ladekabel

You know what? Yogg is the biggest piece of shit when he's played against you and wins your opponent the game. If you play it, is the best and most fun card in the game. I was playing Yoggtrol Warrior against this midrange Shaman and a hail mry Yogg won me the game. Drew me a few cards, destroyed two minions with Vanish and gave me Shadowform though replacing Tank Up was a good thing. And I even misdragged with my mouse in the beginning, too, when instead of destroying his Flametongue I accidentally attacked the face.

That would be busted. Pirates a lot easier to play than totems.

Would probably be busted. But so is Thing from Below. I just want a reason to play Captain Greenskin though.

Mulgrok

You know what? Yogg is the biggest piece of shit when he's played against you and wins your opponent the game. If you play it, is the best and most fun card in the game. I was playing Yoggtrol Warrior against this midrange Shaman and a hail mry Yogg won me the game. Drew me a few cards, destroyed two minions with Vanish and gave me Shadowform though replacing Tank Up was a good thing. And I even misdragged with my mouse in the beginning, too, when instead of destroying his Flametongue I accidentally attacked the face.

Would probably be busted. But so is Thing from Below. I just want a reason to play Captain Greenskin though.

I use him in pirate warrior. Face deck isn't much fun to play though.

Levi

Banned
He says he would play a 10 mana 7/5 that gives you ice block in every control deck.

Do you think most would say this?

Depends on the deck. It's a tempo loss. 7/5 is about 5.5 mana worth of stats, and an ice block is 3 mana. But control decks don't play for tempo, so we can accept that.

I'd try it out, but personally a late game ice block isn't helping me hit my win con so it would not be an auto include for me. Justicar, portal, bash and shield block are helping me stabilize more than a minion that doesn't affect the board and gives me one additional turn.

Levi

Banned
midrange shaman is actually very funny to play and it has so many options it is easy to misplay

Making a mistake while playing Midrange Shaman isn't as punishing as making a mistake playing some other decks. The power level of the deck is so high that you can recover from an error easier.

The main thing I see my shaman opponents doing wrong is positioning, over extending into board clears unnecessarily, and wasting their removal. All it takes is practice to figure that stuff out, and a willingness to learn after you see that you've made a mistake.

Miletius

It's probably because it's the end of the month but I've been having decent success with zoolock. I'm up to rank 6 since yesterday, and I started at 11. Mostly win streaking it. I used to kind of dislike zoo because, despite it's skill, it was hard to overcome to early advantage it had if you wanted to play a control deck. I kind of welcome it now though, in comparison to facing either some sort of shaman or facing some sort of yogg saron deck. At least zoo is kinda honest, the biggest RNG is if the discard happens to get the silverware golem and that can be controlled to a pretty big degree.

wiibomb

I can already see that the moment priests get some good low mana cost minions, the class will be a hell lot better, it got some midtier mana minions and counting the other good hightier mana minions it has only a giant hole in the lower mana tier

sibarraz

Banned
Is mulch neccesary in Malygos Druid?

I'm already bored of farming for fandral and I'm still missing like 150 dust, so I don' know if is vital for the deck

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
They top my list as the flat out worst designed RNG cards ever printed. There's good RNG, mediocre RNG, bad RNG, and then there's fucking horrible Crackle and Implosion RNG.

Indeed. At least the game does play out fairly differently depending on if Tuskarr gets a Manatide or Flametongue totem. Those cards don't vary up the game at all depending on the roll, it's just straight up rolling how strong it'll be.

Only good thing about them I'd say is with Implosion, a low roll is really bad for the person who played the card. It's annoying when you're not the one who's choosing to roll the dice, but you're the still the only one that might have to suffer the consequences.

Levi

Banned
Yeah ikr, priest so OP that they actually win sometimes.

Priest has like 99% bad match ups and one good one, and of course it's against my deck It's not an auto-loss, but playing against Priest is soooo boring. Can't play any threats because of Entomb, have to hope my removal is equal to their threats, and just outlast them in fatigue. If they have Elise this gets significantly more complicated.

Puck Friest. If I see one priest in 20 matches then priest is too good.

This man know's what's up.

I can't wait for priest buffs...

Be careful what you wish for. If Priest gets the Shaman treatment I probably will have to quit Hearthstone (or play Priest).

fertygo

Looking to Kripp's vid after awhile not doing so

Man dude looks so messy, jebus does he that busy to not take care his body?

I knew editing video can take time.. but man he looks rough.

Priest has like 99% bad match ups and one good one, and of course it's against my deck It's not an auto-loss, but playing against Priest is soooo boring. Can't play any threats because of Entomb, have to hope my removal is equal to their threats, and just outlast them in fatigue. If they have Elise this gets significantly more complicated.

So basically fuck priest because they sometimes beat your control warrior who can gain 60 armor while the priest is capped at 30?

Dahbomb

Can't wait for tier 1 Priest so I can farm them with my Control Lock.

Priest has to he insanely busted in the next expansion for them to be tier 1 in a field where they can get farmed by Rogues, Shamans and Control Locks.

I don't think it will happen but Blizzard is going to try their hardest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom