• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT7/7| _ Give Tyrande | _ Blizzard: Give Amazon Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Trying out a curator midrange shaman having never really played shaman before. Immediately go on a 5 game losing streak against ultra greedy decks including an anyfin paladin playing Yshaarj. I am terrible at this game.

I won a game! Woohoo! Against another super greedy deck. Man rank 13-14 is slow as hell right now for me.

Yo, all I said was that I'd rather face Shaman than see Priest or Hunter. Chill the fuck out.

I am "chill". Just saying like... you're complaining about the worst class in the game kinda like that app review that one dude posted lol... because you occasionally get out played in control mirrors? The only bad part about priest is that the games tend to stretch out long, but so does any control mirror.

Or fuck Priest because it's an awfully designed class that isn't fun to play against regardless of its power level.

What is awfully designed about priest? Because it doesn't just hit the god curve to win?

edit:
For mirimar

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
I lost to a Malchezaar Cthun Paladin. I am truly terrible at this game.

How did I make it to rank 5 twice? I don't understand.

Dahbomb

People don't like it when their stuff is stolen and used against them. Especially stuff like Thoughsteal which can't be played around all that well.

I don't mind this playstyle just like I don't mind the Thief Rogue playstyle. The problem is that this playstyle is baked into the class fundamentally. It is as fundamental to the class as playing burn spells as Mage or beasts as Hunter. It's not some extra/side archetype to the class.

Then there's the frustrating aspect of going on ladder with a slow control deck and then facing off against that one Priest who has both Elise and Malchazaar in their deck plus Mind Control and double Entomb. You lose the game automatically based on your deck but it's frustrating because you know that person lost 9/10 games to win the tenth game against you. It's Blizzard match making at it its finest. It's just another way the game punishes you for playing control.

And I think Priest is really bad and probably will not be tier 1 anytime soon, even if Blizzard tries to brute force a lot of strong cards in the next expansion. They need a bunch of stuff to go their way.

fertygo

I got 12 game losing streak like 2-3 days ago

shit happens when you on tilt

found it

wDo4a4A.png

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
I am "chill". Just saying like... you're complaining about the worst class in the game kinda like that app review that one dude posted lol... because you occasionally get out played in control mirrors? The only bad part about priest is that the games tend to stretch out long, but so does any control mirror.

What is awfully designed about priest? Because it doesn't just hit the god curve to win?

edit:
For mirimar

Main reason I dislike priest is I find my strategy being limited to "I hope he doesn't have x card" way too often.

Though I guess if a preist defined meta game makes the game slow enough that you can basically plan your deck to last to fatigue, it might not be so bad other than the fact that grinding ranks would take forever.

Levi

Banned

News at 11, Hearthstone Player doesn't want to queue into bad match ups. I didn't complain, didn't call for nerfs, my post was NOTHING like that fake app-store review some dude made up for Reddit points, all I ever wanted to do is make a funny post about how I'd rather face the strongest class in the game than the worst.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Thinking about it more, Reynad's counterplay video really did solve the reason people hate thoughtsteal so much. No one really expects those cards to be played, so when they do get played, it feels unfair, like they couldn't do anything about it.

Maybe some more thought can be put into countering thoughtsteal, but that does seem to be in the territory of losing because you're trying to play around too much stuff.

sibarraz

Banned
Which is the latest malygos druid decklist created? I already crafter fandral.

And I honestly think that all this cards like thoughtsteal, nexus champion saraad, or any other generate x card should also reveal said cards to the opponent, that way at least you could play around them instead of playing secure until they bullshit you with more rng

Asbel

Priest is poorly designed for being limited to a reactive class, like Hunter is poorly designed for being limited to a proactive class. The well designed classes can play a variety.

News at 11, Hearthstone Player doesn't want to queue into bad match ups. I didn't complain, didn't call for nerfs, my post was NOTHING like that fake app-store review some dude made up for Reddit points, all I ever wanted to do is make a funny post about how I'd rather face the strongest class in the game than the worst.

Yup, and I made a joke about complaints on the worst class in the game.

"priest so OP they sometimes win"

Then you tell me to chill out like I was being super serious... lol man you cracking me up here

fertygo

And I honestly think that all this cards like thoughtsteal, nexus champion saraad, or any other generate x card should also reveal said cards to the opponent, that way at least you could play around them instead of playing secure until they bullshit you with more rng

PKmAfG5.png

Levi

Banned
Yup, and I made a joke about complaints on the worst class in the game.

"priest so OP they sometimes win"

Then you tell me to chill out like I was being super serious... lol man you cracking me up here

I feel like if I posted, "yo water is wet guys" you'd post three paragraphs about how it isn't and I'm asshole for saying it is. I guess I just don't get this "shitpost Levi" meta. Hopefully shitposting Levi gets a big nerf soon.

;)

You deserved it when you repeatedly claimed matchmaking was deliberately stacked against you.

On to the matter at hand priest is just all around unfun to play against. It's like they thought hard what would be the most obnoxious to play against and then decided that's going to be priest. It's like Draw Go in mtg. They don't beat you until you are ready to commit ritual suicide.

25 minute match vs control warrior using anyfin paladin... just like any typical control mirror.

I feel like I've played this deck 1000 times already. It plays really similar to a more standard control paladin deck tbh. And I got gold paladin portrait playing control paladin.

And then immediately queue into another warrior. I almost hope it's dragon. edit: it is edit2: win despite big misplay lol

KuroNeeko

I love Control Warriors. Actually, I love all warriors right now (except for C'thun). They're the reason I'm playing at 50%~ WR with my Priest.

If it makes you feel any better, Gorehowl is probably the card I hate most in Hearthstone.

I still win almost every match up, but I have to do it dealing 70+ damage to the typical CW while they just react to cards played (similar to Priest).

Oh, and keep crying. Every time a tear is shed, a priest gets her wings. ← most important part

edit: Priest gets a somewhat pro-active tempo card in Obsidian Bishop (and Resurrect) and the hate begins.

I was playing against dragon warrior and I accidentally played anyfin when I only had 1 murloc dead. I could have sworn I played a bluegill, I was gonna use it to snipe frothing berserker. I still won though lol. Next turn I cleared with equality but I took an unnecessary 7 damage.

I love Control Warriors. Actually, I love all warriors right now (except for C'thun).

They're the reason I'm playing at 50%~ WR with my Priest.

Keep crying. Every time a tear is shed, a priest gets her wings.

Yeah, I like control mirrors, but sometimes playing a 20-30 minute match followed up by another 20-30 minute match is a bit draining.

I feel like control mirrors is something blizzard has done really well for hearthstone, because of the fatigue mechanic making turns pretty complex is some cases. It's not all about spamming the board to kill your opponent, it's a bit more complex in holding back cards to get maximum value out of it, and then the math behind fatigue. In other card games you just lose once you run out of cards. Hearthstone made it special.

Yeah, I like control mirrors, but sometimes playing a 20-30 minute match followed up by another 20-30 minute match is a bit draining.

I feel like control mirrors is something blizzard has done really well for hearthstone, because of the fatigue mechanic making turns pretty complex is some cases. It's not all about spamming the board to kill your opponent, it's a bit more complex in holding back cards to get maximum value out of it, and then the math behind fatigue. In other card games you just lose once you run out of cards. Hearthstone made it special.

laboratory%20maniac.jpg

Eddie Bax

Still looking for someone to finish a friend quest on the Europe server, hit me up. EddieBax#1403 (bonus points if you let me spectate you after for another quest!)

This is what they could do to yogg to nerf him without changing him much.

1. overload spells now cause you overload

-reduces strength of getting elemental destruction and then filling the board with a crazy amount of minions you just drew the very next turn.

2. Spellpower does not buff yogg spells

-this one always seemed weird to me. If yogg is casting the spells, he should not be buffed by your spell power buffs.

3. Playing yogg ends your turn automatically.

-No more charge/windfury shenanigans or whatever you can think of. You play yogg, he ends your turn. Whatever yogg does, yogg does, but you cannot take immediate advantage of it.

Drawing and playing all 6 murloc cards by turn 11 is usually pretty good.

Yeah it is lol...

Badgerst3

Same question- gave up on dragon priest and spell Mage and have gone all in on Maly Druid. I sense a learning curve. At least I have Malygos and Fandral.

Nvm- scrolled up.

I wonder what I can replace Doomsayer with, only had one.. kinda don't want add another 400 to the cost, maybe I should just slap in Thalnos or Blade

Maybe acidic ooze, that's a pretty defensive 2 drop. I dunno what could be the best replacement, I'd imagine that doomsayer is pretty important in some match ups like shaman or hunter.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
I wonder what I can replace Doomsayer with, only had one.. kinda don't want add another 400 to the cost, maybe I should just slap in Thalnos or Blade

I'd say Rallying Blade or Second Forbidden Healing.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Maybe acidic ooze, that's a pretty defensive 2 drop. I dunno what could be the best replacement, I'd imagine that doomsayer is pretty important in some match ups like shaman or hunter.

Yeah Doomsayer is really important to anyfin pally. Even in slower matches where it's allowed to go off it still synergizes with Solemn to get you cheap cycle.

KuroNeeko

I don't know. Doomsayer is a pretty tough card to replace. You need two for consistency (though you usually only want one) and the tempo it often gains you. You also need it to cycle (like papercuts says) and as a way to put your own murlocs in the graveyard.

Maybe a Farseer or Rallying Blade? I don't think RB will help much though against Shaman.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
I am so excited for when Yogg is completely ignored in whatever patch comes before Blizzcon. It would be the crowning achievement for this dumb meta to just have every game at Blizzcon decided by Yogg. He is truly the lord of Madness. So many Mad people in Hearthstone. ;)

tinantlu

I drew a pretty decent Mage arena deck (5-1 so far) and twice once I gained what was probably inevitable control and eventually the win the other player left the game. Is that a rage quit, or is there some sort of funky thing they are doing on their end to try and not take the loss?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom