• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT7/7| _ Give Tyrande | _ Blizzard: Give Amazon Money

Status
Not open for further replies.
HSreplay is great, its always neat observing my opponent had different play than what they actually does

Like why my Dragon Warrior opp don't play his corruptor at this turn 5?

https://hsreplay.net/replay/DNXrDGSnHiubasMMwD8pR6

Weird...

Just a legitimately bad play I think. Tossing an execute to deal vs druid and developing a war axe rather than getting a 5/4 on board seems downright wrong. I thought maybe he lacked the drake in hand but he clearly had one.

fertygo

To kill the emp while keeping his ghoul alive.

But you basically replace the 3/3 for 5/4

I guess he can be wary for Fandral shenanigan especially after emperor, that made sense, no that not made sense.. the ghoul can be the target
Just a legitimately bad play I think. Tossing an execute to deal vs druid and developing a war axe rather than getting a 5/4 on board seems downright wrong. I thought maybe he lacked the drake in hand but he clearly had one.

yeah I thought he didn't had activator, but at next turn his topdeck corruptor activated anyway

Last match of the night, anyfin vs midrange shaman. Only thing I would have changed was using my first anyfin 1 turn earlier. I probably could have just smorc'd him and there was a high chance that I'd top deck my second anyfin or have lethal. Turned out to not make any difference.

https://hsreplay.net/replay/7TwTrVkYXJZHuDGHCx8UvW

edit:
Damn that class is disgusting. High rolls a mana tide totem off tuskar forcing me to equality sooner than I wanted to. Then the very next turn he plays a 5/5 for ......................... 2....................... mana. wtf. Turn 5 his TFB is already 2 mana... wtf.

Dahbomb

That Ben Brode interview was embarassing.

Interesting that he considers Muster for Battle as the most OP card in the history of Hearthstone.

That Ben Brode interview was embarassing.

Interesting that he considers Muster for Battle as the most OP card in the history of Hearthstone.

What interview?

And hah... I remember pre-gvg there were people arguing that the card would not be played. They were idiots, but MFB is a card I knew would be great immediately since I had been playing a lot of paladin in naxx (when it was bottom 3 in terms of class power).

I am guessing this one? https://esports.yahoo.com/ben-brode-reception-karazhan-why-001230649.html

edit:
Yeah it's that one. He said MFB used to be the strongest.

And he also said magma rager was beat out from being the worst card but he didn't want to say what card it was because it's a fun card and he doesn't want people to stop playing it.

So detectives...

What card is worse than magma rager??

Oh, I should point out he said the card released over a year ago, so it's not purify.

Eerie statue?

I find it hard to be eerie statue cause that card is not fun...

Pooya

It's the second time he's bringing up that secret worst card and he implies that it's actually seeing play.

I think it's probably something lower level/newer players play. Cards like Nightblade, Gurubashi Berserker and similar.

Dahbomb

What interview?

And hah... I remember pre-gvg there were people arguing that the card would not be played. They were idiots, but MFB is a card I knew would be great immediately since I had been playing a lot of paladin in naxx (when it was bottom 3 in terms of class power).
Most people considered MFB to be a great card before release. Yeah yeah there are always those people who say something off base, nothing new. Besides GvG was our first expansion so we didn't really have things figured out back then.

Worst card in the game that still sees play? That's a tough one. I have a bunch of cards that I think are complete trash like Savagery (which I think is significantly worse than Purify) It's probably some RNG card with a possible downside.

I think my top 10 worst cards in the game would be:

Warsong Commander
Arcane Golem
Demon Fuse
Majordormo
Poisoned Blade
Mogor's Champion
Felguard
Servant of Yogg Sauran (in terms of raw win/loss rate, this card probably counts)
Savagery
Eye for an Eye

It's not Eye for an Eye, Savagery and Felguard because not only do those cards not see any play, they are classic cards and were available with Magma Rager. This other bad card came after the classic set, most likely in GvG or after that.

Avenge is way stronger than MFB.

Not even close imo. Avenge when it came out was actually criticized for being not good enough. I always felt that wasn't the case. But avenge can be easily played around and silence was more proliferate so if you could manipulate avenge to drop on the right target, you could get double value off your silence, cancel avenge and silence a target you would silence anyway.

Just the fact you can play around avenge makes it weaker than say a powerful curve card like muster, which is both great on curve and later in the game as fuel for quartermaster.

Most people considered MFB to be a great card before release. Yeah yeah there are always those people who say something off base, nothing new. Besides GvG was our first expansion so we didn't really have things figured out back then.

I remember reading a lot of negativity about the card, like it wasn't even uncommon. That opinion changed quickly as top players were vocal about their opinions.

As for worst card, I think it could still be a classic card since power levels shift as the meta shifts. Not likely but possible. I don't think it's majordomo, I think people have legitimately made decks that make it work.

Dahbomb

I remember reading a lot of negativity about the card, like it wasn't even uncommon. That opinion changed quickly as top players were vocal about their opinions.
Oh you are talking about the common folks.

Yeah well common folks thought that Prince Malchazaar was a meta defining card so it's whatever man.

And yeah Avenge is no where near Muster for Battle level.

Not even close imo. Avenge when it came out was actually criticized for being not good enough. I always felt that wasn't the case. But avenge can be easily played around and silence was more proliferate so if you could manipulate avenge to drop on the right target, you could get double value off your silence, cancel avenge and silence a target you would silence anyway.

Just the fact you can play around avenge makes it weaker than say a powerful curve card like muster, which is both great on curve and later in the game as fuel for quartermaster.
I've always considered quartermaster to be the weaker version of secret paladin and haven't crafted one to this day.
Avenge is what breaks MC, it can be played around but so can muster be cleared by AoE. That a 1 mana card requires playing around to that extent already provides you a lot of value as getting rid of their silence just made your Tirion that much better.

MFB enables Avenge so it's not entirely clear cut though. I could replace MFB in my wild deck right now but not Avenge. Silence is so much weaker nowadays.

fertygo

I kinda like the fact they saying they like RNG but admit there's bad RNG that so frustating, they want seek the perfect balance and keep experimenting what's good and not.

Its made sense now why we got all kind of RNG going on. they want to know what they should keep making and not

Prob is these mofo not gonna made change for the "bad" shit that they add, and we must deal with the bullshit so long

KuroNeeko

These are both good cards that have seen solid play. Upgrade in face/pirate decks and commanding shout in otk decks (even some in patron warrior).

It's a card that's in play right now, right?

Commanding Shout is so specific in its use, it seems like utter garbage outside of that one instance.

Totemic Might? : /

edit: The comment on Hearthpwn is, "Magma Rager was dethroned as the worst card by a card "that is the most fun" but Ben won't tell us what it is because he doesn't want to see it removed from play."

It could be Evolve, but I'm thinking it's

518057.jpg

Just lost to Priest that 2/3 of his deck was filled with removal cards. And people actually question why it's a poorly designed class lol.

Fuck Priest. I can't wait until Blizzard makes it overpowered. It's going to be hilarious watching people whine and cry about it after months of bitching that it's too weak.

KuroNeeko

Nozdormu?

Nozdormu is still a huge body that can kill your opponent though. I don't know, you could be right...

Ancestor's Call or Totemic Might?

Just lost to Priest that 2/3 of his deck was filled with removal cards. And people actually question why it's a poorly designed class lol.

Fuck Priest. I can't wait until Blizzard makes it overpowered. It's going to be hilarious watching people whine and cry about it after months of bitching that it's too weak.

Thing is, most priests don't want to be the next shamens (lol). We'd be happy with a tier two deck that let's us compete with the other big boys. I think having alternate win conditions or more proactive plays wouldn't go amiss, but I don't think Dragon Priest is the answer.

Zemm

Shamans are about as fun to play against as peak Secret Paladins were and even more overpowered. What a joke of a class. Fucking Blizzard are useless with this game.

Shamans are about as fun to play against as peak Secret Paladins were and even more overpowered. What a joke of a class. Fucking Blizzard are useless with this game.
At least with Shamans I know it's a wrap by turn 3 and I can concede.

I think Secret Paladin is a lot stronger though.

Thing is, most priests don't want to be the next shamens (lol). We'd be happy with a tier two deck that let's us compete with the other big boys. I think having alternate win conditions or more proactive plays wouldn't go amiss, but I don't think Dragon Priest is the answer.

The sad thing is, the core idea of Priest is actually pretty awesome, using healing and buffs to maximize value in your minions. Sadly Blizzard doesn't want to leverage that and would rather turn it into a class that runs 20 cards of removal and steals their win condition.

Give Priest less garbage like Entomb and more stuff like Priest of the Feast.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Stoneskin Gargoyle is a pile of shit that hasn't been mentioned yet.

Edit: Nvm, someone said it in the reddit thread.

tamminen

One victory to rank5 and I get 7 hunters in a row and lose to every single one. Wow, that felt kinda shitty. Looking at my win rate against hunters on mid range shaman I guess I shouldve changed class but still. Seven goddamn hunters in a row. I Think I have to swap one maelstrom portal to lightning storm, those goddamn wolves just keep on coming.

Pooya

lifecaoch's stream is amazing right now. His opponent gets gadgetzan from Barnes, he has the screen covered, he trades one of his guys into gadgetzan, or so he thought! lmao.

...he still won!

--------------

oh we got some official stats btw!

https://www.reddit.com/user/IksarHS

but just to give perspective on Undertaker Hunter popularity for people playing on ladder now. However, all of Shaman (every Shaman deck) right now sits around 19-20% of games, which is still around 5% less than the Undertaker Hunter solo archetype was.

so shaman is not too far from undertaker hunter era, I'm not sure 5 percent less is something to be proud of and it's not like there is too much difference right now between every type of shaman, they all mostly play the exactly same OP package these days. I think that means it will change, a Blizzard designer is using shaman's popularity to give perspective on the worst thing that has existed in this game! that's all you need to take from this!

Szadek

The sad thing is, the core idea of Priest is actually pretty awesome, using healing and buffs to maximize value in your minions. Sadly Blizzard doesn't want to leverage that and would rather turn it into a class that runs 20 cards of removal and steals their win condition.

Give Priest less garbage like Entomb and more stuff like Priest of the Feast.
Entomb is at least a good card,though.
If you want to talk about trash you should be talking stuff like Convert and Confuse.
Priests have way more unless gimmick cards than any other class.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Why do we even want to know Bens worst card?

Jadax

Because there's literally nothing else to do. Competitive HS is a snore-fest (barring some games), the meta right now (what meta?!) Karazhan hasn't added much to the game for most classes.

Game is pretty much on autopilot for now.

jgminto

This season seems like a complete waste of time if you aren't playing Shaman. Nice job giving all those tools to those who need it, Blizz.

Pooya

this just feels terrible to play, like why these people play wild? I'm wondering if these guys are leftovers from before standard or that new players actually stumble into wild despite Blizzard's efforts. I'm just going to play priest in wild for the next month see how it goes and maybe I make some progress for that golden priest when Tyrande comes out. ezpz games, gotta be fun.

1474630726-1.jpg

fertygo

Get back to rank 4 after halfway into rank 3

Fucking sucks my draw suddenly fucking blank in winning position I not even face those cancer deck

Shit liké this that made me wanna try those cànceŕ deck itself

Ugh fucking tilt is real

bjaelke

Get back to rank 4 after halfway into rank 3

Fucking sucks my draw suddenly fucking blank in winning position I not even face those cancer deck

Shit liké this that made me wanna try those cànceŕ deck itself

Ugh fucking tilt is real

Just have to endure another 3 hours and then we'll all be free

Dahbomb

I think he was talking about internal stats here rather than his own opinion. Brode doesn't think there are any bad cards in the game except Warsong Commander, Magma Rager and Eye for an Eye.

And we want to know because it's fun.

Also 20% Shaman vs 25% Undertaker Hunter... so Blizzard had to compare Shamans to a tier 0 degenerate deck that had to be nerfed to try to mitigate the crowds on Reddit. That means that Shaman right now is around Secret Paladin tier pre rotation.

Also highest deck winrate they have ever had was Combo Druid and Shaman isn't too far from that either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom