• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT7/7| _ Give Tyrande | _ Blizzard: Give Amazon Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Levi

Banned
I am so excited for when Yogg is completely ignored in whatever patch comes before Blizzcon. It would be the crowning achievement for this dumb meta to just have every game at Blizzcon decided by Yogg. He is truly the lord of Madness. So many Mad people in Hearthstone. ;)

Well, I've moved past the stage of anger, and am now at the stage of depression. If Yogg is untouched, I won't flip any tables, I'll just Eeyore around for a bit.

Pooya

Loyan's midrange shaman list 👍

If you want to beat any other shaman or control warrior or just about anything except freeze mage this is really good. I replaced one of the fire elementals with Hallazeal, with spellpower and portal the card is way more playable now, it helps against dragon warrior and things like that, you can't ever lose against aggro. Got my NA rank 5 with it and with that I'm done with ladder until next month and that will be in wild.

Brode said they "released the card a couple years ago" so it's probably not a classic card and "still sees play" so it's probably not rotated out.

My guess is Astral Communion.

Dahbomb

The lack of Thalnos in all these copycat Maly Druid decks pisses me off.

That's not the way to do it, dammit ;_;
I use Thalnos (instead of 2nd Mire Keeper) and a single Mulch (instead of second Feral Rage). They have done work for me. I can't really be playing Druid decks without at least a single Mulch. Too many times someone drops a big minion and I am left holding my cock.

fertygo

I may add Thalnos to replace portal, card is often not used at effective situation tbh

but too lazuyy

I can't watch that Chakki VOD's damn

inky

I use Thalnos (instead of 2nd Mire Keeper) and a single Mulch (instead of second Feral Rage). They have done work for me. I can't really be playing Druid decks without at least a single Mulch. Too many times someone drops a big minion and I am left holding my cock.

You are a good person.

are you running teacher oder gadgetzan?

Finalow

so is it me or it's fine to concede as aggro shaman as soon as the match starts vs Control/C'thun Warrior, Anyfin Paladin and probably some other decks? 'Cause I keep losing to those games 90% of the time. they can answer anything you put on the board while gaining life/armor and after that you just run out of cards.
I still believe aggro shaman isn't that good anymore on ladder, unless I'm playing it wrong in all these matches. midrange is just *much* better, and this was true before karazhan as well

Loyan's midrange shaman list
this one? It is really good even though I haven't played it much this season.

Lol.

clearly not enough skill

manhack

so is it me or it's fine to concede as aggro shaman as soon as the match starts vs Control/C'thun Warrior, Anyfin Paladin and probably some other decks? 'Cause I keep losing to those games 90% of the time.

There are no 0% Match ups. Even Freeze Mage can beat control warriors a small percentage of the time. C'thun and Anyfin are especially prone to having their hands clogged with 5+ mana cards and that gives you time to kill them before they can stabilize.

Finalow

There are no 0% Match ups. Even Freeze Mage can beat control warriors a small percentage of the time. C'thun and Anyfin are especially prone to having their hands clogged with 5+ mana cards and that gives you time to kill them before they can stabilize.
of course, but those are definitely bad match ups for aggro. the thing is that they have plenty of tools to deal with your early minions and/or to survive long enough (especially Anyfin and control), unless they really have bad draws or I have a godly curve with 20 damage in hand and I'd say that covers the 10% of the time I win.

inky

I got that one too.. did it pretty quickly, it is a very simple task: got endgame minions in had? wait to see if you won. Don't have endgame minions in hand? might as well concede

I played enough brawl yesterday to finish 3 quests, I know how it works, I just don't want to play it anymore.

Dahbomb

are you running teacher oder gadgetzan?
Well I am trying out both versions right now for experimentation. I can't really tell which one is better, Violet seems to be better against aggro but Gadgetan better against slower decks. I think if you want to play Violet then you should play the more token variant.

so is it me or it's fine to concede as aggro shaman as soon as the match starts vs Control/C'thun Warrior, Anyfin Paladin and probably some other decks?
That's silly to do so, Aggro Shaman can beat those decks.

Forsen is so dumb... he doesn't even understand the amaz vs world rule and he is at his last deck.

edit:
He is already 0-2.

edit:
hah, now he is 2-2 because amaz's hunter deck sucks for this it seems

Jadax

I regret not joining when the 10x free WOG packs were given away. Almost seems unfair to have to farm 1000 gold for it now :(

wiibomb

those 13 packs gave me Malkorok and a golden Deathwing, Dragonlord...

I was so pissed at Malkorok, I though it was such a bad legendary and it instead introduced me to the warrior goodness

those 13 packs gave me Malkorok and a golden Deathwing, Dragonlord...

I was so pissed at Malkorok, I though it was such a bad legendary and it instead introduced me to the warrior goodness

The fear of getting cursed blade was unreal. I argued the card was great because on average it's a spectacular result and it turned out I was right. I've gotten doomhammer more times than I have gotten cursed blade too, hah.

wiibomb

The fear of getting cursed blade was unreal. I argued the card was great because on average it's a spectacular result and it turned out I was right. I've gotten doomhammer more times than I have gotten cursed blade too, hah.

I cannot be pissed at that cursed blade chance, I often get a pretty useful weapon, if not a lethal.

I just got once a cursed blade and it costed me the rank in which I was, but it wasn't that much in any case

Dahbomb

There are bad matchups

Freeze mage
Control Warrior
Rez Priest
Midrange Shaman
Aggro Shaman puts very high pressure on Freeze Mage early on and can burst from hand, mitigating the effect of Freeze effects. I would not put it greatly in favor of Freeze Mage.

CW beats Aggro Shaman but it's not by enough of a margin, something like 6-4.

Resurrect Priest isn't a real deck and even if it was Aggro Shaman can still beat that.

Midrange Shaman... "counter" the #2 deck in the game by using the #1 deck in the same class. This should not even be brought up as a legitimate counter because it's like saying a greedier CW deck beats a less greedier CW deck.

Shaman decks don't have "counters". Counters should be reserved for when a deck can be countered with at least a 7-3 match up. Shaman has like a couple of 4-6 match ups that's about it. It's not worth gimping your deck to get a 65% winrate against Shamans and then losing to everything else.

Mulgrok

Aggro Shaman puts very high pressure on Freeze Mage early on and can burst from hand, mitigating the effect of Freeze effects. I would not put it greatly in favor of Freeze Mage.

CW beats Aggro Shaman but it's not by enough of a margin, something like 6-4.

Resurrect Priest isn't a real deck and even if it was Aggro Shaman can still beat that.

Midrange Shaman... "counter" the #2 deck in the game by using the #1 deck in the same class. This should not even be brought up as a legitimate counter because it's like saying a greedier CW deck beats a less greedier CW deck.

Shaman decks don't have "counters". Counters should be reserved for when a deck can be countered with at least a 7-3 match up. Shaman has like a couple of 4-6 match ups that's about it. It's not worth gimping your deck to get a 65% winrate against Shamans and then losing to everything else.

^ he gets it

fertygo

As long I'm not queùe inťo pìrate warrior I gĺadly pĺay 10 Shaman

Fuck these eďgy peep ijust play these busted §hamàn if you want pĺay cánceŕ nt that shit

_DrMario_

Turn 8 CotW, Turn 9 CotW.

raw

wiibomb

Very serious question, why the hell do you keep playing if you are not enjoying the game?

If I stop liking a game or if it makes me too salty or too whiny, I leave the game and go to another one, why keep playing the same game you are whining so much?

I feel like posting my match ups again, because reasons. I mean, I face the same strings of shamans at times, but it's not like that all the time as these graphs clearly show. It's like that forbes magazine claiming half their opponents are shamans. What is that a sample of like 10 games?

Blizzard themselves have said that all the shaman decks combined fall short by a large margin compared to undertaker hunter was when they nerfed UT.

Clearly the game has a couple problems atm. But it's not nearly as bad as some people are representing. So I am posting my graphs to provide my experience in a snapshot.

.eJwVi8ENwyAMAHdhAAxuGyDLVBZBhCqJEXZfVXcvfZ3upPuY9zjManbVLivA1iTz2KwoD6rFVuZ6FOpNbOYTSJXyfpZLBXxwC8aHv4WYksN4T4CYnPsrBudnWBDm1Wk04esphSbsq1fz_QGAEycB.dM5HxUf1K0ULyB7Fd-uWmI44Mys

I play like two days a month, realise how shit the meta is, stop, come back the next month, repeat for like the past year.

For someone who plays so much of the game, you certainly have tons of first hand knowledge of what the meta is like! :p

fertygo

1st Game

1. I think you drop Thalnos too near for Thalnos + Swipe turn, if you decide just want cycle, you do it earlier, not at turn 5

2. I think you should just Innervate the giant in that last turn, but that shaman hand look gross

2nd Game

1. You should drop Emperor on curve, yeah you don't get tick on combo pieces but you only do it against slow deck (Priest, Control Warrior, Murloc Pally, etc) you generally just want tick on anything against such like shaman or hunter for tempo swing, tick on combo pieces isn't too relevant

2. Yeah those secret look annoying, I prolly gonna messed up too, I knew because I screwed up against secret many often than not. But the second ignore on misha is too much, you counting on drawing Swipe I get it before trigger cat trick and/or snake trap, but you get so much damage ignoring that thing and you not even heal with Feral Rage, I think you should just kill misha, heal and deal with the result of trap afterward

Dat 3rd game doe Kreygasm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom