• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT7/7| _ Give Tyrande | _ Blizzard: Give Amazon Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
1st Game

1. I think you drop Thalnos too near for Thalnos + Swipe turn, if you decide just want cycle, you do it earlier, not at turn 5

2. I think you should just Innervate the giant in that last turn, but that shaman hand look gross

2nd Game

1. You should drop Emperor on curve, yeah you don't get tick on combo pieces but you only do it against slow deck (Priest, Control Warrior, Murloc Pally, etc) you generally just want tick on anything against such like shaman or hunter for tempo swing, tick on combo pieces isn't too relevant

2. Yeah those secret look annoying, I prolly gonna messed up too, I knew because I screwed up against secret many often than not. But the second ignore on misha is too much, you counting on drawing Swipe I get it before trigger cat trick and/or snake trap, but you get so much damage ignoring that thing and you not even heal with Feral Rage, I think you should just kill misha, heal and deal with the result of trap afterward

Dat 3rd game doe Kreygasm
Thanks. Yeah that first game I was upset about not swiping the elemental right then and there. I didn't recognize the healing totem that would also heal it.

I don't get why Warrior has fallen off so much. Dragon Warrior is still absolutely nuts.

Because it's time to complain about a different class/card.

patchday

dusted Captain Greenskin. now have enough dust to craft another legendary. still gripped in indecision. Sylvannas or Fandral or Thalnos? I'm thinking Fandral. I like how he's cheap mana cost and can provide something you cannot get any other way (Choose both).

decisions.... Not even a big druid player but since I got Cenarius other day I'm thinking Fandral would be a nice addition

Loyan's midrange shaman list ��

If you want to beat any other shaman or control warrior or just about anything except freeze mage this is really good. I replaced one of the fire elementals with Hallazeal, with spellpower and portal the card is way more playable now, it helps against dragon warrior and things like that, you can't ever lose against aggro. Got my NA rank 5 with it and with that I'm done with ladder until next month and that will be in wild.

interesting tip. I've been wanting to work Hallazeal into a mid range deck.

Very serious question, why the hell do you keep playing if you are not enjoying the game?

If I stop liking a game or if it makes me too salty or too whiny, I leave the game and go to another one, why keep playing the same game you are whining so much?

yeah the whinning is almost out of control. I find myself spending more time on reddit for Hearthstone related talks. Yeah they have some salt there too but its easy to avoid the whinny threads

[edit] This was rude of me I should respect other people's views more. complaining is normal I do it sometimes too

Levi

Banned
dusted Captain Greenskin. now have enough dust to craft another legendary. still gripped in indecision. Sylvannas or Fandral or Thalnos? I'm thinking Fandral. I like how he's cheap mana cost and can provide something you cannot get any other way (Choose both).

Of the three you listed, Sylvanas is used in the most decks. However, with both Cenarius and Fandral you could put together a nice little Token Druid list, have some fun.

decisions.... Not even a big druid player but since I got Cenarius other day I'm thinking Fandral would be a nice addition
Can't go wrong with sylvanas. Nice that she's neutral too. I don't blame you though, I wanna craft Fandral.

fertygo

2nd Yogg is always better than first Yogg
What should I mull for playing Malygos Druid

Wild Growth is utmost priority to keep

Let see for the rest

Innervate: 2nd highest priority, but 2 Innervate in starting hand is kinda disastrous

Living Roots: Decent keep against most matchup, but I don't like it keeping it against Warrior, you want it for combo Pieces for slow warrior deck, prolly gonna give them acolyte of pain value if you made token and its kill nothing against more aggresive warrior, Root + Ping is pretty bad against Alex Champ for example, you take 6 damage that way, pretty decent keep Against Shaman and Hunter

Wrath : More versatile early removal to keep against warrior in pre-caution its a aggressive deck, its early cycle against slow deck, I like to keep Wrath in most case

Feral Rage : I like to keep it against deck that have snowbal; 3 drop like flamewanker and frothing

Mire Keeper: maybe if you had innervate or coin too

Fandral: MAYBE if you seeing godhand in formation, something like Innervate, coin, Wrath, or innervate, mire keeper, nourish, its much rare to see crazy t2 fandral than in token variant tho

Raven Idol: I kinda on and off for keep it or not, there's argument you rather use it later state of game because you can seek option that best suited for that turn, but something to do in t1 is always nice, keep it when you had Wild Growth or Innervate in hand actually not bad.

Triz

I drafted a Hunter in Arena simply because I never do...Im 5-0 currently. Deck isn't that strong I'd say, a bunch of mech synergy with 1 call of the Wild.

Dahbomb

I don't get why Warrior has fallen off so much. Dragon Warrior is still absolutely nuts.
Dragon Warrior does not have a winning match up against Midrange Shaman, which was why it was played that much to begin with (it had good match up against Aggro Shaman). Now it doesn't have that going for it and people have instead opted for Control Warrior over it.

Like people weren't kidding when they said that the meta was warped around the Shaman. Warrior was the best against it hence why they were so many Warriors. Now Warriors are not good enough against Shaman.

patchday

Of the three you listed, Sylvanas is used in the most decks. However, with both Cenarius and Fandral you could put together a nice little Token Druid list, have some fun.

Can't go wrong with sylvanas. Nice that she's neutral too. I don't blame you though, I wanna craft Fandral.

Thanks you guys. I am thinking I want to have fun with Fandral. Sylvannas is so good though this is so tough lol

good news is next month I'll craft another legendary. So if Sylvannas gets passed up this time I'll craft her for sure next month.

ZeroX03

Banned
Hunter, hunter, shaman, shaman, hey look a mage!, hunter, shaman.

I'm seeing far more Warrior than anything else at rank 5-10. Shaman second. Probably Mage and Druid tied for third?

Seeing more terrible Priest decks than Hunter. How are people not tanking playing Priest?

*queues up* yep that's a Warrior

Dragon Warrior does not have a winning match up against Midrange Shaman, which was why it was played that much to begin with (it had good match up against Aggro Shaman). Now it doesn't have that going for it and people have instead opted for Control Warrior over it.

Like people weren't kidding when they said that the meta was warped around the Shaman. Warrior was the best against it hence why they were so many Warriors. Now Warriors are not good enough against Shaman.

Doesn't Book Wyrm make Dragon Warrior favored against Midrange Shaman?

Maybe not, I haven't really been playing the deck.

Dahbomb

Doesn't Book Wyrm make Dragon Warrior favored against Midrange Shaman?

Maybe not, I haven't really been playing the deck.
Book Wyrm is better in a slower control style Dragon deck. And it's a good card just not a great fit in the Tempo Dragon Warrior style deck that does well against Aggro Shaman.

fertygo

Aggro Shaman is eh against control warrior, I think good piloted mid-shaman almost can't lose to control warrior tho, but most of these shaman is actually carried by OP deck so control warrior can win

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Aggro Shaman is eh against control warrior, I think good piloted mid-shaman almost can't lose to control warrior tho, but most of these shaman is actually carried by OP deck so control warrior can win

Good example of that is the Eloise vs Chakki match from earlier. Great match showing Midrange Shaman somehow outlast control warrior.

I was messing around with an OTK priest. Had velens, feast, and auchenai on board. Cast holy fire on my opponent's face and I ate 16 damage in the process. Fun way to end a game.

This. CW has never been favored vs midrange shaman, even when the deck was weaker. I used to farm CW back in the day when I played shaman back in naxx. Double doomhammer/lava burst decks were a thing even back when, cause you could race undertaker hunter, a deck thought to make shaman invalid.

But CW beats aggro shaman.

Good example of that is the Eloise vs Chakki match from earlier. Great match showing Midrange Shaman somehow outlast control warrior.

Funny you should mention outlasting a control deck. Cause I once outlasted priest (they were played at the time lol) as midrange shaman back in the day. And then I saw it happen in a high profile tournament.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
I just want to point out that Wild is still pretty great for people who are mad about CotW in Hunter.

I just lost playing a cheesy AF N'Zoth Hunter Wild deck. I played: Turn 6, Highmane. Turn 7, Dr. Boom. Turn 8, CotW. Turn 9 didn't happen because I died.

Just imagine what my opponent had to do in order to stop such an insane bullshit series of turns. I was at 20 HP on turn 6 and my opponent was at 24. He went first which honestly is probably the reason I lost. I'm not mad, but holy cow that was an insane ending. So much fighting for board and then as soon as one minion stuck on either side it was GG in 3 turns. Who was my opponent? NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS.

I just want to point out that Wild is still pretty great for people who are mad about CotW in Hunter.

I just lost playing a cheesy AF N'Zoth Hunter Wild deck. I played: Turn 6, Highmane. Turn 7, Dr. Boom. Turn 8, CotW. Turn 9 didn't happen because I died.

Just imagine what my opponent had to do in order to stop such an insane bullshit series of turns. I was at 20 HP on turn 6 and my opponent was at 24. He went first which honestly is probably the reason I lost. I'm not mad, but holy cow that was an insane ending. So much fighting for board and then as soon as one minion stuck on either side it was GG in 3 turns. Who was my opponent? NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS.
I love Wild, but I was gonna say you had to be playing against Secret Shithead in order to lose with a good curve like that.

Talking about shaman matchups, I am fairly certain maly rogue is pretty favored vs midrange shaman. If they don't high roll tuskar totemic or get 2 0 mana 5/5s on turn 6, they usually run out of steam and auctioneer refills rogue pretty hard. If they ever lose board it's very difficult for them to get it back too. But aggro shaman? Yeah, fuck that match up. Thankfully there are less aggro shaman than midrange.

Seen like one Paladin the entire month.

Switch to C'Thun Warrior and get on a win streak. 4 Paladins in 5 matches. Nope, nothin off about that.

Paladin picked up a little steam recently.

bjaelke

Hah yeah and it was super easy/basic to play around, so it was definitely a brain fart on his part.

It would be if Azure Drake -> Explosive Trap was seen more frequently. The fact that neither caster picked up on it either tells you how rare an occurrence that combination is.

Finalow

That's silly to do so, Aggro Shaman can beat those decks.
it can but usually doesn't because those are bad match ups.

aggro shaman could beat any deck before whispers of the old gods, and is only better now
I really don't see how it's better now on ladder, before? Agreed. now? Not so much.

but hey, maybe I'm making mistakes and not playing the deck correctly. I'd love to see someone using the deck on stream and getting to legend or easily winning most of those match ups with it, if that's the case.
maybe when you run out of cards and the CW still has 40HP something magical happens and you win the game.

Pooya

I think Enter the Coliseum is good enough and control paladin should play 2 copy even. If it was a priest card, they'd play 2 of in place of lightbomb in every deck in standard. Now in control paladin, you're always at the mercy of drawing equality plus activator and just like soulpriest+circle it's not reliable enough or even enough to last a game just on two equality clears. You need more and a single card board clear like this is what you need. You can play 2x humility to make it even better. People currently don't expect it too so I think you can bait opponents into over extending. It's almost like a brawl, highest attack minion living isn't that big of a deal. I was seeing Stancifka play 2 copy in his murloc paladin and he was saying "it's shitty board clear but it's still board clear", I'm not sure why it hasn't become standard when control paladin lists live and die by drawing equality. You can make a removal heavy control paladin deck like control warrior, I want to try but I don't want to craft tgt cards. I hope I get in it my chest this month.

Dre

Rank 5 in Wild achieved, I'm finally done laddering for the month. Took me 75 games on EU to get to it with Secret Paladin.

The meta is actually far more diverse an pleasant than in Standard, who would've thought, but Wild is actually the superior mode.

x4dmI0h.png

Dre

Superior mode, still ladder with Secret Pally

A'ight.

^^
Ladder is just a big, monthly quest for me, I play what's effective to get the golden Epic.
I play far more often in Casual or Brawl mode where I don't have to worry about my rank.

fertygo

man I would have thought your 2 Arcane giants would have gotten him.

That Nourish (draw 3 cards) was nice- gave you a lot of power
I see Tunnel Trogg straight up killing Malygos from 12 HP at Muzzy Stream.. imagine one drop end up killing 9 drop with 12 HP

What the fuck man..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom