• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT7/7| _ Give Tyrande | _ Blizzard: Give Amazon Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Levi

Banned
I imagine Levi has his hands in his pants watching this control warrior stomp this aggro shaman in this tourney.

Which match was that? I had a long day and couldn't stay up for the whole tournament.

EDIT:

Oh, I created a neutral card that would let everyone realize the glory and the power that is the best button in the game:

21e87e73.png

Which match was that? I had a long day and couldn't stay up for the whole tournament.

EDIT:

Oh, I created a neutral card that would let everyone realize the glory and the power that is the best button in the game:

21e87e73.png
Sign me up for a Life Tap version. ;-)

Levi

Banned
Going to miss Justicar when it gets rotated out.

Pretty sure I'm gonna be hanging out a lot in wild after the rotation... how can I be a TANK UP NO FRIENDS CONTROL WARRIOR without Tank Up?!?

EDIT:

GeorgeC with the Tank Up victory against the filthy Druid and their dumb Yogg. HEROIC.

Ladekabel

Pretty sure I'm gonna be hanging out a lot in wild after the rotation... how can I be a TANK UP NO FRIENDS CONTROL WARRIOR without Tank Up?!?

The hero power makes Warrior my second-favorite class. The sound when one presses the button feels so good.

patchday

I see Tunnel Trogg straight up killing Malygos from 12 HP at Muzzy Stream.. imagine one drop end up killing 9 drop with 12 HP

What the fuck man..

yeah I can only imagine. I've never pulled that off on a shaman. I usually lose trogg so fast ;(

edit--->

EDIT:

21e87e73.png

lol nice!

Levi

Banned
This Cerasi dude is so bad why he get invited again?

HCT points from open tournaments (he's not a ladder grinder apparently) got him to prelims and a top 9 finish got him to Summer Championship, where sadly (for him) he faced GeorgeC, who is very consistently good.

I'd love to see GeorgeC qualify for Blizzcon here.

patchday

yeah but that warrior was going to lose without since his opponent had maly + what- 20 dmg? even announcers questioned why play the yogg and risk astral (lose all his hand)

not looking good for viper right now.

and I gotta run too so will miss some matches ;(

Pooya

this article on yogg saron from April is really amusing to read now http://www.shacknews.com/article/94385/making-a-hearthstone-card-the-madness-of-yogg-saron

one of its earlier iteration:

We wanted to move the Old Gods to be more build-around, so we sat down and redesigned almost all of them. This one was the crazy spell build-around. People were very excited about it, but it turned out to be very, very dangerous.

also

"More than just the power level, it was the feel," Donais said. "Even if his winrate ended up being 50%, the times you lost to it felt really bad."

The super-consistent Yogg-Saron variants caused you to kill your opponent that turn or create such an overwhelming advantage that it wasn't that much fun. So we ended up tweaking it for this random version, which ended up being a lot of fun and much healthier for the game than creating a bunch of one-turn kills."

Well, so much for avoiding all of those! They didn't test it enough, it's obvious.

One thing that is interesting is that they had "when the game starts mechanic" back then. To see what other card Blizzard thought could work like that, well. I guess this is one way they can nerf yogg lol

yogg3.jpg

The casters... bleh. Really results oriented approach to saying the 1 damage didn't matter. Maybe the other rogue went have went more face but for the illusionist. I think the choice to include was weak but the results oriented analysis from the casters was embarrassingly bad "1 health was irrelevant", when at times 1 health makes all the difference when dealing with rogues.

psyfi

Banned
I've been playing nothing but Hearthstone for over a month now and I still can't follow with what people are talking about in this thread, lol.

rahji

How can anyone enjoy watching that control warrior mirror match? Half of the game they are armoring up and try to hold their more valueable cards. that is boring to watch. I mean playing the coin and then play nothing? Crazy world.

Levi

Banned
Neither player made any risks (besides yogg), one got punished by RNG far more than the other. Was a typical control warrior mirror.

Nah, monkey RNG didn't decide that, it was honestly decided because one player had Nzoth and one player had Yogg, and barring a miracle, the Nzoth variant wins all day every day in the mirror.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
How can anyone enjoy watching that control warrior mirror match? Half of the game they are armoring up and try to hold their more valueable cards. that is boring to watch. I mean playing the coin and then play nothing? Crazy world.

It's like they're thinking ahead

weirdos

Nah, monkey RNG didn't decide that, it was honestly decided because one player had Nzoth and one player had Yogg, and barring a miracle, the Nzoth variant wins all day every day in the mirror.

You've already twisted what I said... I didn't say monkey RNG, I said all the RNG. He got justicar late, he got monkey on his last draw, his ironforge portal got him a 0/4 whereas his opponent got a 5/6. If you're in his position, he is the deck that needs to be ahead going into fatigue and he was far behind going into fatigue.

Dahbomb

The only real decision in that CW mirror was using the Brawl for Nzoth or using it to generate an additional Legendary with the monkey. That was the most important decision as a Brawl on a Nzoth board could've allowed Grayj to win with his Legendaries if he got better ones.

The other decisions in the game were inconsequential. Rest of the game was decided by one player getting better Ironforge minion and getting Justicar way before the other player.

Levi

Banned
The only real decision in that CW mirror was using the Brawl for Nzoth or using it to generate an additional

Good N'zoth warrior players won't use N'zoth until after their opponent plays monkey or until they've seen both brawls, and the Yogg player had no way to pressure him enough to force it out early.

Since a hand of random legendaries usually can't deal with Nzoth doing that is generally the winning line of play.

Even Deathwing can't save the opponent due to Sylcanas' deathrattle.

Id have to rewatch the match but I don't think drawing Justicar earlier or getting a better 4-drop would have saved the Yogg warrior.

Edit:

So lame that even Control Warriors are using Yogg.

I agree, and I don't even think it's good.

If you're control warrior and youre in the late game and youve cast 10+ spells, youre probably ahead and Yogg is a dead draw.

If you're behind and you need Yogg to save you, you probably haven't cast enough spells to make Yogg matter.

Not to mention Yogg is awful in the mirror because of the potential for it to draw cards.

Dahbomb

The armor was a big deal because it forced the Yogg Warrior to pre-emptively play the Monkey before the Nzoth was played.

If he was ahead on Armor then the Nzoth Warrior would've been forced to play the Nzoth first.

As far as the Ironforges go... one of the Ironforges required a Shield Slam to remove because it summoned a 5/6 and the other was a 0/4 that was ignored completely with no additional resources used on. That's a two card advantage right there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom