• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT7/7| _ Give Tyrande | _ Blizzard: Give Amazon Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tacitus_

That Arcane Explosion

Dahbomb

Yeah Darkshire Librarian isn't a good card.

That 3 game runback. Shaman vs Dragon Warrior for the finale. Can LikeaBAWSE do it? It all comes down to his Shaman.

I predict a Legendary pop off if he wins it.

Dahbomb

Yeah Fiery War Axe

All I gotta say. probably best card in the game bar none
He won because of double 1 drop with the coin in the opener. The Blood to Ichor to remove the shield on the Argent was crucial otherwise the Argent Squire would've gone rampant with the Flametongue.

And we have already gotten Blizzard's word on War Axe and it is in fact not the best card in the game (Tirion is considered better and Call of the Wild is probably better too).

Levi

Banned
Pretty sure Muster for Battle is the best card in the game. In standard, it's probably totem golem on t1 or Call on t8 as far as win rate is concerned.

Heck, fiery war axe is just a bad version of spirit claws, how could it be the best card in the game?

Portugeezer

Pretty sure Muster for Battle is the best card in the game. In standard, it's probably totem golem on t1 or Call on t8 as far as win rate is concerned.

Heck, fiery war axe is just a bad version of spirit claws, how could it be the best card in the game?

Spirit Claws is a bad version of Lights Justice.

went on tilit on ladder with anyfin paladin. i like the deck but getting the combo right can be difficult.

tried adding codlight but giving opponent card draw doesnt seem good.

might try a N'zoth/anyfin tho i have a feeling it might not be efficient

Spirit Claws is a bad version of Lights Justice.

And light's justice is a bad version of fiery war axe. The circle is complete. All cards are just bad versions of each other.

went on tilit on ladder with anyfin paladin. i like the deck but getting the combo right can be difficult.

tried adding codlight but giving opponent card draw doesnt seem good.

might try a N'zoth/anyfin tho i have a feeling it might not be efficient

Just some generalized advice on the deck, it's not really a combo deck. Sometimes you just gotta focus on playing it like a control deck. You'll get your finisher eventually and it might not be smart to play as if your combo is the best way to win. Depends on the match ups of course. I'm still learning the deck myself, but I find it plays very close to a control deck like c'thun or n'zoth just with a different finisher, plus an anyfin that can be used to clear the board.

Levi

Banned
Ostkaka vs Maverick that just happened in the ONOG Start Democracy tournament was probably better than any of the HCT matches today.

patchday

Alright finally decided to craft Fandral!!! This cheers me up after watching LikeaBawse get spanked in that final match. Later I'll craft Sylvannas next tho but Fandral just looks like he'll bring the party. And I already have Malygos so ya this a no brainer

having so much fun making various tweaks to my tempo mage decks. just blew away a Control warrior that kept trying to tank up with his justicar boosted armor button. Just kept blasting him in the face til he finally melted

game was actually quite kind and magically gave me all the mage legendaries (archmage, rhonin, yogg). didnt have to craft any of them. This was divine providence

but who knows maybe I'll like Druid even better.... But next I need to probably craft at least 1 Mulch which is annoying. A lot of druid decks seem to omit it but having no removal at all might be painful. I dunno.

patchday

I was pissed off at the anti Greek Posts in chat..

Oh... I always enlarge Twitch & hide chat. Cause I cannot stand racial slurs, etc

and oh hells no I would not tolerate comments like that either. LikeaBawse is Greek. Even tho I'm from the NA I still admire some of the european players

Dahbomb

Controversial opinion... but I think any card that generates card from the ether and puts it in hand should be revealed to the opponent.

That's generally how it works in other card games. Like if I pull something from the graveyard/deck, I have to actually show the card to the opponent. Now of course in TCGs you have the element of cheating where if you didn't show the card to your opponent then you could just pull anything from your deck/graveyard.

Well in HS you don't need to show cards to your opponent because the game does it without any ways to cheat. However, it takes away a fundamental skill from the game which is playing around certain cards in the opponent's hand. Powerful card effects that pull something out tend to be balanced with the fact that you have to show it to your opponent so they can prepare for it in advance.

This includes Discover cards too. I know people love Discovers and what not but having to play around random cards that you have no idea about because they were pulled from the ether isn't exactly fun or even fair. This isn't even a taboo concept in HS... a card like King's Elekk when it wins the joust shows the card that is added to the hand. Does it make the card fundamentally weak because you are giving away information to your opponent? Sure but it still sees play.

Levi

Banned
The Hoej vs SUPERJJ Warrior mirror that just happened was pretty crazy. Hoej Monkeyed really early and got some very impactful legendaries.

I'm not a fan of revealing random/discovered cards. You're already getting random stuff. What would be the point of selecting a secret if it showed it to your opponent? That sorta thing makes the cards extremely weak.

Dahbomb

I'm not a fan of revealing random/discovered cards. You're already getting random stuff. What would be the point of selecting a secret if it showed it to your opponent? That sorta thing makes the cards extremely weak.
Or they can make it an exception with Secrets like they do with Yogg. Yogg secrets aren't revealed to the opponent (unless it's a repeat).

Portugeezer

We have seen that HS has the mechanic to show the cost of a discovered card with Ivory Knight. That mechanic could be useful and it would at least add some thought to the opponents play.

Controversial opinion... but I think any card that generates card from the ether and puts it in hand should be revealed to the opponent.

That's generally how it works in other card games. Like if I pull something from the graveyard/deck, I have to actually show the card to the opponent. Now of course in TCGs you have the element of cheating where if you didn't show the card to your opponent then you could just pull anything from your deck/graveyard.

Well in HS you don't need to show cards to your opponent because the game does it without any ways to cheat. However, it takes away a fundamental skill from the game which is playing around certain cards in the opponent's hand. Powerful card effects that pull something out tend to be balanced with the fact that you have to show it to your opponent so they can prepare for it in advance.

This includes Discover cards too. I know people love Discovers and what not but having to play around random cards that you have no idea about because they were pulled from the ether isn't exactly fun or even fair. This isn't even a taboo concept in HS... a card like King's Elekk when it wins the joust shows the card that is added to the hand. Does it make the card fundamentally weak because you are giving away information to your opponent? Sure but it still sees play.
Nah, I completely agree. I don't even play other card games and this is something I had been thinking about a lot lately. It would suck since I play Mage, but goddamn it would be nice to see the shit that Rogue's get. I just think one of the most exciting parts of the game is playing around shit and forcing your opponents to play cards they may not want to play yet. Secrets being the exception of course.

Would this be the case for Priest's too?

patchday

Interesting I agree with this

Dahbomb

Nah, I completely agree. I don't even play other card games and this is something I had been thinking about a lot lately. It would suck since I play Mage, but goddamn it would be nice to see the shit that Rogue's get. I just think one of the most exciting parts of the game is playing around shit and forcing your opponents to play cards they may not want to play yet. Secrets being the exception of course.

Would this be the case for Priest's too?
That's harder to say because Priest cards steal from the deck which you can at least play around some what. Thoughsteal basically works like a draw from the opponent's deck.

Miletius

I just wish they would move away from random cards in general. Discover is a much more interesting mechanic, but instead they go ahead and give people random cards instead.

I also think there should be more limitations on random cards in general though, although that might have the opposite effect of making random effects too powerful. I was just wondering what it might be like if, instead of having the random effect truly random, every random effect were limited to your own (or your opponent's deck, I suppose, in the case of "steal from your opponent cards."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom