• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT7/7| _ Give Tyrande | _ Blizzard: Give Amazon Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dahbomb

Shadow Nova: I read this card wrong, didn't see that it's all characters. It's basically a Hellfire times two, closer to Twisting Nether that also damages yourself. Twisting Nether clears everything, this may not clear but it draws a card. At first I thought this card was blatantly over powered but the more I see it, the more it seems fine. Only issue with printing this card is that Priest can make a deck full of board clears especially in Wild and the Priest haters will come out of the woodwork.

Shadow Word Decoy: It's like a Herald Volajz only without the 5/5 body and 2 less mana. Interesting idea but this card is pretty damn weak at the cost.

Warleader's Shield: Cool concept but that card is very weak with those stats.

Lofty Heist: I don't like that this is a triple Discover. That's a lot of animation time right there. Triple Discover means this card is pretty much better than Cabal Tome.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
https://hsreplay.net/replay/5odmZsCeHhSTeW56ZcUjKi

Replays are actually pretty nice to show different plays I could make. In here I see that I could coin a three drop instead of being greedy, the way I handled emperor probably would have been way better with aldor + 3/6 taunt, stuff like that.

Still though, this is the exact type of shit that makes me not even want to mess around with slower decks. If I was even slower control this would have made my mind explode. Yogg ganged up my lightlord AND his own yogg, got blood warriors on his yogg and onyxia, then shadowstepped onyxia. That is two more onyxias, 4 yoggs, and 3 lightlords CREATED OUT OF THIN AIR.

This is the dumbest card I have ever fucking seen. Back to boring ass shaman.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
My god Paladin can pull out some insane healing at the moment, if he can get some early game next expansion he may be a force to reckon with.

Turn 6 Ivory Knight for 8 health, turn 7 Ivory Knight for 8 more health, turn 8 lay on hand, turn 9 Light Lord, Turn 10 Forbidden Healing. He healed 50+HP over the course of 5 turns. And when he played Forbidden Healing, he was at 11 HP still.

https://hsreplay.net/replay/QLGWibcD3fXsFckwhQQX9i

Discard Warlock is an ok deck to play. It's actually sort of boring for a face deck.

ViviOggi

Here's a tip to net deckers: If you are copying the flavor of the week, then I know that, and I am countering you too.

Countering Shaman
1x

Pooya

Countering shaman is so pointless that right now the best conquest strategy is to ignore shaman, let it get a free win and build your line up to beat everything else and ban druid or warrior instead. You're bringing shaman yourself too so it kinda evens out, it's like matches start at 1-1. The shaman is going to get a win either way, it's inevitable. That's why people like LHS better now and you can ban shaman there. Conquest is hilariously broken.

In order, Flamestrike power creep the Priest likely doesn't need, unplayable win more card, interesting idea, wish it was already in the game (Maybe OP?)

Lofty Heist is way too good. It'd need to be six mana. Could you imagine the feeling when a Rogue Preparations into it at ten mana and then has eight mana to spend on a host of possible opposing class cards? Basically, I think you've slightly undervalued Discover, especially 3x in one card.

IceMarker

Lofty Heist is way too good. It'd need to be six mana. Could you imagine the feeling when a Rogue Preparations into it at ten mana and then has eight mana to spend on a host of possible opposing class cards? Basically, I think you've slightly undervalued Discover, especially 3x in one card.

Shadow Nova: I read this card wrong, didn't see that it's all characters. It's basically a Hellfire times two, closer to Twisting Nether that also damages yourself. Twisting Nether clears everything, this may not clear but it draws a card. At first I thought this card was blatantly over powered but the more I see it, the more it seems fine. Only issue with printing this card is that Priest can make a deck full of board clears especially in Wild and the Priest haters will come out of the woodwork.

Shadow Word Decoy: It's like a Herald Volajz only without the 5/5 body and 2 less mana. Interesting idea but this card is pretty damn weak at the cost.

Warleader's Shield: Cool concept but that card is very weak with those stats.

Lofty Heist: I don't like that this is a triple Discover. That's a lot of animation time right there. Triple Discover means this card is pretty much better than Cabal Tome.

In order, Flamestrike power creep the Priest likely doesn't need, unplayable win more card, interesting idea, wish it was already in the game (Maybe OP?)

Thanks for the feedback guys, appreciate ya!

In retrospect, A) I feel I made SW: Decoy a bit too weak compared to Volazj, B) Warleader's Shield would be better at 1 mana? C) I feel as though 5 mana is still a sweet spot for Lofty Heist, it's basically Nourish except you get to choose 3 out of 9 possibly bad cards from your opponents class.

What if it was 1 mana for example? You'd be able to get free Dread Corsairs and 2 mana 7/3s Bloodsail Raider.
As per your example:
r2tA0TZ.jpg

Levi

Banned
Mage at 1 health with no board, i have 4 minions on board.

Yogg comes down, clears my board, plays 4 secrets, heals the mage for 15, draws them 3 cards, summons 3 minions and buffs them all.

I'm glad all I'm doing this season is clearing dailies, because this game has turned into the coin-flip slot-machine for children that its detractors always claimed it was.

At this point I'm all-in on a nerf before Blizzcon. If it doesn't come, I'm going to stop letting the sunk-cost fallacy keep me in the game.

On another note, just by clearing dailies I've gotten my NA, EU and Asia account to rank 15. Never had the same rank across all three servers before. I guess the secret was to stop giving a shit.

patchday

Sorry there is no 'General CCG thread' so I was curious to get insight here. Is it common for card games to have 'Removal' spells? I've noticed all the digital card games are overflowing with removal spells. So it seems staple.

Was curious was there a ccg that doesn't have any removal spells? Whether it be digital or not. Maybe yugioh (sp?) doesnt have removal spells? Cant recall seeing any in the anime lol

Tried playing some other ccgs out of curiosity but most do not seem as fun and polished as Hearthstone so far. So to fill my itch for good turn based games I'm getting some solid tactical strategy games (like Invisible Inc & xcom)

------

Wow was watching TidesofTime play his control shaman variant and it did not go well

fertygo

My Yogg Murder 2 Shaman in a row

2 game before its heal a Renolock 15 HP lose me the game, because my maly already dead no more win condition

The God knows, punish the Corrupt, raise the poor

patchday

I still have no grasp of balance but I like the Artwork in your cards and how you arrange it in there

[edit] huh, I like those cards!

Dahbomb

Sorry there is no 'General CCG thread' so I was curious to get insight here. Is it common for card games to have 'Removal' spells? I've noticed all the digital card games are overflowing with removal spells. So it seems staple.

Was curious was there a ccg that doesn't have any removal spells? Whether it be digital or not. Maybe yugioh (sp?) doesnt have removal spells? Cant recall seeing any in the anime lol
YGO has some of the most powerful removal/board clear spells in TCGs.

And they don't have mana costs so I can play these cards for free. The pink cards are trap cards that you need to set in advance and then activate (usually on their turn) so they work like secrets but to set them they are usually free.

Some of these aren't even that good/competitive by the way. A lot of monsters have really powerful removal effects too and they can discard cards in your hand as well like Thestalos.

IceMarker

Yeah that discover card is way, way too good. Every control deck would play it and it would kinda break the game.

Hey at least Control Warrior would have to sacrifice 4 armor/turn! ;)

I still have no grasp of balance but I like the Artwork in your cards and how you arrange it in there

[edit] huh, I like those cards!

Thanks! All of the cards I'm (relatively) proud of are in the album via the image links.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Had a long fatigue battle in casual wild against a purify priest with my Nzoth warrior.

Had to use my two brawls early on pretty weak boards due to a lack of other removal. Still won because purify priest is bad.

Still haven't had to face a full strength Nzoth priest in wild with lightbombs and such. Should be super hard to win that one.

Had a long fatigue battle in casual wild against a purify priest with my Nzoth warrior.

Had to use my two brawls early on pretty weak boards due to a lack of other removal. Still won because purify priest is bad.

Still haven't had to face a full strength Nzoth priest in wild with lightbombs and such. Should be super hard to win that one.

Gotta tempo Nzoth priest out from my experience, pray they don't have xyz answer.

Dahbomb

Harbinger of Doom: Really strong card for a midrange style Warlock deck. I think it would be more interesting if it drew a demon instead.

Spiteful Succubus: Potentially really powerful in a Midrange style Warlock, I like that the self damage in there to make it risky to use it as a 5 mana +5/5 on board.

Pit Watcher: Probably a balanced card but the stat distribution is kinda bad. I think a card like this should just be made into a neutral like Tournament Medic as an anti aggro tool.

Gorging Priest: Can it trigger on itself? If so then it's like a 4 mana 3/7 that can continue to grow or make your minions stronger. Strong.

Infiltrating Wolf: Cool effect but that mana cost makes it unplayable. Should be 2 mana AND it should also allow you to activate your Explosive Trap if its already set on the field.

Patient Alchemist: Cool effect, kinda prevents your opponent from playing a large minion on the board. Not sure how strong it really is, probably isn't too good but it's the idea that matters.

Revered Jouster: I don't like this card because I don't like Joust. I like the idea, a card that increases Jousting consistency. Also what if you have two of these in the deck... do you have a 100% chance to get one or the other card? I also think some stat balancing needs to be in order. Like it should be a 10 mana 7/7 but the costs goes down by like 3 every time you win a Joust. That way if you win two Jousts it becomes a 4 mana 7/7.

sibarraz

Banned
I love randomonium, I did 3 quests in 20 minutes

I don't want to ladder right now, the game isn't fun when there is stakes on play, and casual feels meaningless

Eddie Bax

Just winstreaked up about 4 ranks using a midrange Hunter deck, with a Call of the Wild turn 7 or 8 in every. single. game. Trying to decide whether COTW or Yogg is more disgusting.

Probably Yogg, because although you know it's coming, you don't exactly what's going to happen. But it's pretty close!

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I love randomonium, I did 3 quests in 20 minutes

I don't want to ladder right now, the game isn't fun when there is stakes on play, and casual feels meaningless

I'm surprised at how much reddit bitches about it. I find it fun enough to play a good 5 to 10 matches in it each time its rotated in, where most Brawls I'll get the 1 free pack and stop playing.

Raxus

Is it the same as clutching out victory with Roaring Torch and a Fireblast?

Even better. I basically got checkmate thanks to yogg/rafaam on a paladin who was playing murloc and fatigued himself with a board full of murlocs. It was the clutchest of wins.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom