• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT7/7| _ Give Tyrande | _ Blizzard: Give Amazon Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Finalow

Firebat' stream, he's actually winning some (one or two?) games with Priest in legend, kind of hilarious.

That player could've top decked Lava Burst for the lethal too. Or a few other things. Really wasn't all that much of a super lucky draw.
not really, just Lava Burst. and right when he was out of cards he gets the double card draw and top decks lethal with it in the next turn, I'd say that's the definition of being lucky.

Nope. He is a victim of this game. Brode himself stabbed him in the heart.
sorry, for a second I forgot people in this thread never share their ladder experiences / replays / ''bullshit rng game here's how bullshit it was!" type of things. oh wait, they do.

I mean, if you don't care why even bother to type a moronic response like you did. you must like seeing that shitposting meter going up

forgrim

Anyone playing now that I can spectate? I've had this stupid quest in my log for a week now since all my friends seem to have given up Hearthstone

edit: oh sorry, this is US

Miletius

Burgle -- mindgames into rag for the win against N'zoth priest. Feel pretty bad but it's heck of fun playing "tricky" rouge archetypes.

manhack

can tell it is try hard day because 11/11 opponents so far are shaman at rank 9

Yeah. I can't believe Blizzard gave them spirit claws and maelstrom portal this expansion. My last 2 opponents have steamrolled me based on those 2 cards alone.

My current deck is still hovering over 50% vs Shaman, so I can't be too mad yet.

Levi

Banned
Yeah. I can't believe Blizzard gave them spirit claws and maelstrom portal this expansion. My last 2 opponents have steamrolled me based on those 2 cards alone.

My current deck is still hovering over 50% vs Shaman, so I can't be too mad yet.

They probably designed those cards back when Shaman was still bad.

Maelstrom Portal in particular does look like a misstep since zoo was one of the few decks with a half-decent winrate vs midrange shaman, and maelstrom portal really punishes zoo.

All hail our Shaman overlords!

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
went back to playing hunter to see how high I can climb on ladder before the end of the season

man, i forgot what it was like having actual good minions

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
went back to playing hunter to see how high I can climb on ladder before the end of the season

man, i forgot what it was like having actual good minions

Yeah, going from a minion light deck to something like hunter can be a stark difference.

NBtoaster

When they presented the Karazhan cards they seemed to think shaman would need a new spell-heavy/less curve focused deck to take advantage of the new cards. Turns out you can just plug them into existing decks.

To some degree the expansion was successful in making shamans less about dumping minions on curve, as most of them dont even run the 7/7 anymore. But now they're even more versatile..

When they presented the Karazhan cards they seemed to think shaman would need a new spell-heavy/less curve focused deck to take advantage of the new cards. Turns out you can just plug them into existing decks.

To some degree the expansion was successful in making shamans less about dumping minions on curve, as most of them dont even run the 7/7 anymore. But now they're even more versatile..

Hopefully we see a better picture in the next rotation, or perhaps sooner if they put out a balance patch.

Anyone in NA available for a quick match? I've had this quest in my queue for far too long.

KCHusker33#1312

edit - have to run for a minute, will be back on in a few hopefully

Edit 2 - back and available

Lol third anyfin against cw who didn't have clean answers to the first two who desperately yoggs and concedes after whiff before I get to play the third.... that was great. (sorry on mobile)

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Anyone in NA available for a quick match? I've had this quest in my queue for far too long.

KCHusker33#1312

edit - have to run for a minute, will be back on in a few hopefully

Edit 2 - back and available

Chris#110874

Patron against beast druid. I had 40hp as patron he has 3 hp. I lost. Hah good game.

patchday

Yogg is still broken, but especially for Mage they'd have a tough time in the current meta without it. I'm not sure what could replace it for a viable win condition.

A good tempo mage should be able to seal it w/o Yogg normally. I usually save him as my last resort since sometimes he can totally screw up and casts Astral. Much rather use Archmage to cough up some fireballs and lethal. The risk is the opponent bringing out something nasty at Turn 10. much more likely to resort to Yogg if we've gone into late game like that

Been messing around with Barnes the other day. Barnes + Rhonin. Whew. had a guy insta-concede when he saw that at Turn 4

manhack

Hit Rank 5 with mid-range Hunter. Took the list Kripp used to get Legend after TGT came out and swapped a few cards (RIP Dr. Boom)

http://hearthstats.net/decks/tgt-kripp-new?locale=en

It turns out the only thing better than high rolling a mana tide from Tuskarr Totemic is high Rolling a Savannah High Mane from Ram Wrangler.

Watching Shaman concede afterwards: Priceless.

Also, owl is amazing right now.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
I feel like a lot of nzoth decks have deathrattle cards just because they have deathrattle.

Just played a wild rogue. He had harvest golem, loot hoarder, and Boom.

I can sort of see having Boom. But harvest golem? In wild?

He nzothed and half of his minions were worthless.

I feel like a lot of nzoth decks have deathrattle cards just because they have deathrattle.

Just played a wild rogue. He had harvest golem, loot hoarder, and Boom.

I can sort of see having Boom. But harvest golem? In wild?

He nzothed and half of his minions were worthless.

I remember when harvest golem was popular just as a value tool. People really had misconceptions about how to deck build back then. Even Cairne was found in many decks it didn't belong.

manhack

Anyfin Paladin just did 30 points of healing and still lost. One case, but I suspect heals are not what control decks truly need to be competitive. For example I chose to put a bunch of early game (argent squire and abusive sergeant) into my Dragon Paladin so it could compete for the board against aggressive decks and then move into dragons later on.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
I kinda miss when certain mana cost turns were weak like the 3 drop was. Really helped the game be less curve heavy, and made the coin a lot stronger.

KuroNeeko

Messing around with Secret Hunter after playing Control Priest and Miracl-ish Rogue.

Holy crap, it's like I'm playing a whole new game.

Found on twitter
CtaHAnZWEAAG2lN.jpg:large

Dahbomb

Got to rank 5 in Standard for the month.

Played exclusively as Discard Lock because I promised I would do it when I saw the Discard cards in Karazhan (mainly Malchezaar Imp). This was way, way before Karazhan fully launched too so people didn't know that Discard Lock would actually be a thing.

My version even had Darkshire Librarian which I do not think is a great card even in that deck.

There wasn't anything of note in the climb. Up to rank 6 it was easy win streak but at rank 6 I had a bit of a wall mainly Midrange Shaman. I can write a page on the non sense but the short of it is that it's a really bad match up and whenever they roll a spell damage totem you are pretty much going are to lose the game as Zoo. I think I lost to Midrange Shaman close to 70-80% of the time. This was approaching Freeze Mage territory for me and I have never felt as helpless in a match up using a Zoo deck before.

I won almost all my matches against Hunters, Druids and Tempo Mage. Priests were 50/50, I needed them to not draw a bunch of AOEs at start. Warriors I generally won against but not all of them. Won all matches against Rogues (final boss was a Rogue) because this version is a lot more aggressive than normal Zoo. Won all matches against Paladins that weren't the Anyfin type and even that version I was fine with.

From rank 12-7 I played a lot of Mages and Hunters but in Rank 6 it was Shaman central. If this was a normal season then I would've snapped picked Freeze Mage at rank 6 to try to counter pick but I am not even fully convinced that it's extremely favorable.

In casual mode I played around with a ton of Control Warrior and now Midrange Shamans have Bloodlusts and other late game threats that makes it tough to win as Control Warrior. I don't think CW wins this match up at all, I think it's a matter of how good/bad that Shaman player and their deck type. I know when I used to play Midrange Shaman back in the day I wrecked most control decks, I can't see this being much different.

So Midrange Shaman has MAYBE one bad match up, maybe Rogues do alright against Midrange Shaman too but this is probably the 2nd strongest deck we have ever had in the game at one time in terms of pure match ups. Even Secret Paladin has worse match ups than this. It's second only to Undertaker in terms of being difficult to counter and yes even Grim Patron Warrior was easier to counter than this deck.

I lost like 4 games to Yogg and 3 of those happened back to back in the same night. Today I had no Yogg incidents surprisingly.

Dahbomb

Anubarak? Anubarak sorta beats every control deck in the game, assuming there is no entomb or sylvanas + shield slam.
It doesn't even need Anubarak.

It uses a bunch of Deathrattle taunt minions like Deathlord, Belcher and that Tauren. Then it also uses that Deathrattle draw a card for the opponent (Dancing Swords I think).

So Nzoth brings back a bunch of minions that mill your deck. Then the Rogue Prep's Gang Ups the Nzoth on the same turn to get 3 Nzoths.

Like you can beat it with an aggressive deck (even then it's not that easy because of all the taunts) but I don't think any control deck can beat that.

Might as well as play mill rogue then imo. Wild mill is still very strong. I've seen ryzen play it recently. But yeah I guess that works. People have done that in standard fairly well too, just using shadowstep should be enough but gang up is also possible. I've seen it in a reno deck. Perhaps more viable a strategy in wild due to healbots I suppose.

Miletius

Played exclusively as Discard Lock because I promised I would do it when I saw the Discard cards in Karazhan (mainly Malchezaar Imp). This was way, way before Karazhan fully launched too so people didn't know that Discard Lock would actually be a thing.

My version even had Darkshire Librarian which I do not think is a great card even in that deck.

There wasn't anything of note in the climb. Up to rank 6 it was easy win streak but at rank 6 I had a bit of a wall mainly Midrange Shaman. I can write a page on the non sense but the short of it is that it's a really bad match up and whenever they roll a spell damage totem you are pretty much going are to lose the game as Zoo. I think I lost to Midrange Shaman close to 70-80% of the time. This was approaching Freeze Mage territory for me and I have never felt as helpless in a match up using a Zoo deck before.

I won almost all my matches against Hunters, Druids and Tempo Mage. Priests were 50/50, I needed them to not draw a bunch of AOEs at start. Warriors I generally won against but not all of them. Won all matches against Rogues (final boss was a Rogue) because this version is a lot more aggressive than normal Zoo. Won all matches against Paladins that weren't the Anyfin type and even that version I was fine with.

From rank 12-7 I played a lot of Mages and Hunters but in Rank 6 it was Shaman central. If this was a normal season then I would've snapped picked Freeze Mage at rank 6 to try to counter pick but I am not even fully convinced that it's extremely favorable.

In casual mode I played around with a ton of Control Warrior and now Midrange Shamans have Bloodlusts and other late game threats that makes it tough to win as Control Warrior. I don't think CW wins this match up at all, I think it's a matter of how good/bad that Shaman player and their deck type. I know when I used to play Midrange Shaman back in the day I wrecked most control decks, I can't see this being much different.

So Midrange Shaman has MAYBE one bad match up, maybe Rogues do alright against Midrange Shaman too but this is probably the 2nd strongest deck we have ever had in the game at one time in terms of pure match ups. Even Secret Paladin has worse match ups than this. It's second only to Undertaker in terms of being difficult to counter and yes even Grim Patron Warrior was easier to counter than this deck.

I lost like 4 games to Yogg and 3 of those happened back to back in the same night. Today I had no Yogg incidents surprisingly.

That was my experience climbing as discard zoo this month too. Midrange Shaman was pretty impossible to beat, a lot of the time it was because of spell damage + maelstrom, which just drains your hand too fast.

Aggro shaman, on the other hand, was not a problem at all. I also beat a number of control warriors, but that's par the course.

KuroNeeko

Got enough dust to craft another legendary.

Thinking about boring Antonidas, kind of boring Malygos, or mutha-fakkin' Y'sharrrrrj.....

OH YEAH!

Wish I hadn't DEed my Icehowl now... : /

KuroNeeko

You can still make Y'Shaarj work. Just ask Razakin.

oBHfQWF.png

That list is missing Purify, mayne. #kappa

(Gonna try that one out too.)

Already decided that next month I'm going to concentrate on Purify Priest, Y'sharrrrrrj, and Reno Priest since Donais hinted at a Reno Priest surfacing at high MMRs.

To be honest though, I always lament not reaching rank 5, but I don't think I'm good enough yet. I'm still a compulsive board trader. Playing some Secret Hunter has been eye-opening in that regard.

Also looking for a good murloc paladin list with Inquistor and Knight...hmm

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
It uses a bunch of Deathrattle taunt minions like Deathlord, Belcher and that Tauren. Then it also uses that Deathrattle draw a card for the opponent (Dancing Swords I think).

So Nzoth brings back a bunch of minions that mill your deck. Then the Rogue Prep's Gang Ups the Nzoth on the same turn to get 3 Nzoths.
. . .

that's brilliant

My god... rank 3 shaman hexed an acolyte. And i guess props to him for having harrison for ashbringer but hex is just way stronger... or even hex on warleader since I was obviously playing anyfin paladin. Also he was forced to throw so much into tirion to set up harrison.... no way was it worth valiant, a totem, and lighting storm. No more valiants after that one too. His best card to win late game thrown out to cycle 3 cards.

It's always like this though. Top meta decks are easier to get away with mistakes. I definitely won this one btw.

manhack

There wasn't anything of note in the climb. Up to rank 6 it was easy win streak but at rank 6 I had a bit of a wall mainly Midrange Shaman.

Below are my stats from Rank 10 to 5 the last 3 days. Took 50 games and I had an insane win-streak today from 7 to 5. Hunters, Shaman and Warrior were over 50% of the meta.

I echo your sentiments. Hunter and Shaman were the main culprits. My deck destroyed Secret Hunter. (9-2) It doesn't hurt that I became an expert in Hunter mirror matches during the Undertaker meta. Secret Hunter was everywhere after Strifecro won ONOG.

I had a 63% win-rate vs. Shaman, so having a good match-up vs. those 2 classes made the climb easy. I mainly won vs. Shaman on the back of high rolling Ram Wrangler or getting a good Unleash. I also think Stranglethorn Tiger is key right now because it dodges Hex.

That said my overall stats this month vs. shaman were 29-38 (43%). They are just insanely powerful right now and every deck is different, so mulligan and plays can be tricky. I also notice the decklists changed throughout the month as streamers hit Rank 1 after tournaments.

Really hoping Blizzard does something sooner rather than later to shake up the meta. I can imagine a month or 2 of the Shaman/Hunter/Warrior meta is going to really push people away.

m6XmgRJ.png

KuroNeeko

Interesting that Priest is at 33%, though to be fair you only played three matches.

I've found very little success against hunter unless my list has Justicar in it--a really slow card in this meta that doesn't synergize well with rez priest or Barnes...

I've been playing some Secret Hunter and, while it does take some thought to play really well, there are plenty of games I won just from a strong Huntress play on turn three (or four with Barnes). The first time I played it (and won), I was dumbfounded that winning was so easy. Guess I've been playing janky control / meme decks for too long. My friend at work, who was sitting next to me, spectated the match for a quest and when the game ended on turn 8 or so I just looked at him and he at me like, "Is this really OK?"

This mofo shaman gets a turn 2 tuskar high rolling a totem golem. 6/6 worth of stats turn 2... later he 1/4 rolls spellp power to maelstrom my board clean. He still lost!

Still... 3 mana 6/6 is realer than 4 mana 7/7 lol.

Lets not forget his 0 mana 5/5.

Hey made it to rank 5 with Malygos Rogue final boss being dragon Warrior.
Back to back tempoed out Dragon Warrior and some weird control hunter. Didn't play Gadgetzan in either game just drew Malygos, Emperor and burn naturally.

Super fun deck.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Time to go back to wild to mix things up. Anyone give any thought to how use Karazhan cards in Wild?

Kibler's Dragon Mage seems good to revisit with the new dragon and secret control cards. Kinda crazy that 4/7 taunt doesn't seem that much better than Sludge Belcher though.

Maybe Curator works with a Mech deck?

Menagerie Magician Paladin gets Haunted Creeper and maybe Murkeye, plus the usual op paladin wild cards.

Medivh and Priest of the Feast for the wild exclusive Priest class.

Midrange Hunter and Beast Druid are the most obvious but a little boring.

Dahbomb

Secret Hunter/Cloaked Huntress is better in Wild because of Mad Scientist. Grandmother is used in every Wild deck too.

Arcane Giants used in Echo Giants Mage.

Malch Imp used in Demon Zoo.

I haven't seen it personally but Fool's Bane should be better in Wild because it can kill deathrattles. Clean kill on a Shredder for example.

Steal Rogue in Wild uses Prince Gallywix. Seen that a few times, that card was made for Steal Rogue but never got the chance to shine.

Dragon Priest is better in Wild because you can Velens the 1/3 Netherspite Historian.

Seen Medivh Valet used more often because of Mad Scientist.

Curator has more options of course.

It's mostly the same as Standard though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom