• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT7/7| _ Give Tyrande | _ Blizzard: Give Amazon Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pooya

I can't tell how many abusive sergeants I have. It's says 9+

Call of the Wild nerf is really significant actually if you ask me. One turn later, no more coin it out after highmane, having 2 9 mana cards in your hunter deck. No more hero power plus call in same turn. yeah...

Imagine they nerfed warsong like charge and not what they did. I think at some point they change most cheaper charge minions to work like that, or at least they should. They just killed the last combo deck which wasn't even any good. It's whatever really, I don't think anybody cares at this point, deck was awful anyway.

Shaman nerfs seems like slap on the wrist. Doomhammer got away again. I don't think this would make aggro shaman much different if at all.

Execute nerf, I suggested it. 1 mana was bullshit.

Yogg is 1600 dust.

This is probably the best nerfs they've done so far.

Dahbomb

I give the nerfs an 8/10 (Shaman not brought down enough and Charge nerf is unfortunate). Much better than the ones they did earlier in the year.

Shaman will still be the best class though. I feel like if these nerfs had came before Karazhan that would've resulted in more balance but now Midrange Shaman is still going to be top dog. Tuskar Totemic is a big hit but not enough especially when Warriors, Hunters, Zoo and Druids are brought down too.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I think the main benefit is that it should be easier to make a heavier control deck with these changes that can attempt to deal with Mid-Range Shaman, since most of them punish aggro.

wiibomb

Tuskarr nerf was pretty obvious, but now I'm wondering if it will see any play. It is useful since it can be a roll for a new wrath of air totem activator, but apart from that it will still pretty mediocre outside the totem deck

Jadax

when they nerf cards you can dust them for full value when the nerf is in affect. dont dust before hand.

You can just get your full dust cost back, though I imagine most decks will still run at least one of them. It's still an absurd card.

You'll be offered a full discount when the changes kick in next week.

I believe you will be able to disenchant them for the full dust value once they nerf it.

Thanks, I didn't know that.

ExVicis

Charge is a dumb change.

Everything else seems good. Rockbiter will still be an oppressive combination with doomhammer it's just not as good early game removal now.
I'm pretty new to hearthstone myself but I agree with you. I like all those changes except that Charge one.

Dahbomb

Tuskarr nerf was pretty obvious, but now I'm wondering if it will see any play. It is useful since it can be a roll for a new wrath of air totem activator, but apart from that it will still pretty mediocre outside the totem deck
And that's perfectly fine, the card was not meant to be used in every single Shaman deck. It might be on the low power side now but that's infinitely better than where it was before.

That execute need seems needless. Why 2 mana?

Tuskar totemic need is welcome

Yogg nerf is really big but I think the card now makes more sense in a warrior deck

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Blizzard has been pretty straightforward that they don't like OTK decks because the game doesn't have concepts like Instants in Magic where you can counter this kind of thing.

So that it wasn't super effective at winning the early game instead of just removing big minions.

And that's perfectly fine, the card was not meant to be used in every single Shaman deck. It might be on the low power side now but that's infinitely better than where it was before.

how did those wicked witch shaman decks work out like? I can see in that kind with bloodlust

Portugeezer

Charge Sylvanas will be the new tech choice.

image.php

Dahbomb

I just don't see why charge needed a nerf.

OTK Warrior is completely killed.
Blizzard has always nerfed consistent OTKs, this is on par with what they have done in the past. It's just not the type of playstyle they want. It's unfortunate but it is what it is.

Anyfin is getting rotated out and Charge isn't. Charge also inhibits future card design.

ow did those wicked witch shaman decks work out like? I can see in that kind with bloodlust
They work fine and are viable but Midrange Shaman is just better. So it just gets pushed aside but the deck itself is not bad at all.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Where is Levi? I have now lost an avatar bet even though they didn't change the wording on Yogg, I will accept defeat since they are changing the effect.

Also LOL, "Overload not applying was a bug".

Xanathus

Looks like meta gonna shift to Midrange Shaman, Zoo, Control Warrior. Dragon Warrior is also probably still fine with 2 mana Execute. Hunter is just gonna replace 1 CotW with Ragnaros.

wiibomb

Tuskar totemic need is welcome

Yogg nerf is really big but I think the card now makes more sense in a warrior deck

because of whirlwind, revenge, blood of ichor, ravaging ghoul, cruel task master, N'Zoth First Mate or even inner rage

I think you can see there are a lot of activators for that card, and while it is ok to have that many, the combo should be costing a little more to... execute :p

wiibomb

Where is Levi? I have now lost an avatar bet even though they didn't change the wording on Yogg, I will accept defeat since they are changing the effect.

Also LOL, "Overload not applying was a bug".

I totally thought that was intentional.. I mean, how can they run this game without fixing a bug so big for 7-8 months???

Dahbomb

At one mana you can also use it with Patron. At 7 mana you can charge a Patron on a small minion, then WW to get 3-4 Patrons out.

I wouldn't use it but at 1 mana there's more flexibility for other stuff.

Looks like meta gonna shift to Midrange Shaman, Zoo, Control Warrior. Dragon Warrior is also probably still fine with 2 mana Execute. Hunter is just gonna replace 1 CotW with Ragnaros.
Zoo matches up really badly against Midrange Shaman though.

Xanathus

At one mana you can also use it with Patron. At 7 mana you can charge a Patron on a small minion, then WW to get 3-4 Patrons out.

I wouldn't use it but at 1 mana there's more flexibility for other stuff.

Zoo matches up really badly against Midrange Shaman though.

Zoo is still gonna be fine with enough Control/Dragon Warriors around.

manhack

that CoTW nerf... do you see it still being used? I guess so

I think my beast deck could still use CoTW. I frequently don't play it on turn 8 because it isn't always the optimal play. Sometimes you need to bait out board clears and removal and/or get a big board to use it on.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
I think CotW still sees play even at 9 mana. The effect is equivalent to running 3 copies of Animal Companion, and Hunters still play that at 3 mana, why not run 8 copies of it in only 4 cards?

Levi

Banned
LEVI WON THE BET!!!!

More than the bet, Levi won his love for Hearthstone back. Love you Ben, love you Team 5, love you Garrosh, you and I are going to be spending a lot more time toghter.

What bet?

I said Yogg was getting changed prior to Blizzcon. A lot of people disagreed with me, I offered to take a ban and/or avatar bet.

You "lost" a bet that means you get to have Garrosh as your avatar for two weeks. I think you're the real winner here. ;)

EDIT:

I like all the nerfs. Even the Warrior nerf is fair.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
RIP OTK Warrior.

It was a cheap answer to all the ladder bullshit.

But he was part of the bullsh*t. DUN DUN DUNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!

Brian Kibler ‏@bmkibler 5m5 minutes ago
I think one of the decks to come out ahead the most in these changes is Dragon Priest. Execute/Abusive/Rockbiter nerfs make high health good
Kibler's love of Dragons know no bounds lol

Dahbomb

I think the only card I will DE is Yogg and that's if the dust will be refunded. Even though I would not use two CotW in a Hunter deck, I will keep it (maybe DE one).

That's when you know they did a good job on the balance.

wiibomb

I... don't know how I should proceed with this nerf, I entered HS just the launch day of WotOG and the nerfs from there where applied that same day..

what should I dust?

Pooya

I will DE everything, why not :p

specially all of my abusive sergeants, it must be something like 1000 dust just for that..

I... don't know how I should proceed with this nerf, I entered HS just the launch day of WotOG and the nerfs from there where applied that same day..

what should I dust?

You should dust everything, you can just craft them back with no penalty. Just cash in that dust and wait and see.

manhack

4 mana 7/7 being overly powerful is a meme more than anything else. It was not overperforming compared to other cards. I think people just remember getting screwed over by it than any real sense of it's true power.

2 mana rockbiter and nerfed Tuskarr should make it harder for Shaman to push into a dominating board position on turn 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom