• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT7/7| _ Give Tyrande | _ Blizzard: Give Amazon Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Levi

Banned
I haven't seen it personally but Fool's Bane should be better in Wild because it can kill deathrattles. Clean kill on a Shredder for example.

You don't really need it. Warrior in Wild is STACKED with great options. Besides, who's gonna cut Death's Bite to run Fool's Bane?

I tried to run Portal in my wild Warrior deck, but unless you're running Yogg (blech) Shield Maiden is just strictly better.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
It's surprising how few beast/dragon/murloc cards are wild exclusive. The entire list is Haunted Creeper, Webspinner, Old Murk-Eye, Maexxna, Puddlestomper, Siltfin Spiritwalker, Malorne, King of Beasts, Gahz'rilla, and Lost Tallstrider.

Cloaked huntress and mad scientist seem anti synergy to me.

Even if it were just 2/2 deathrattle draw a secret, it'd be good in that deck. That you also play the secret for 0 mana when you don't have Cloaked Huntress is also pretty good.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
I got Exodia-ed this morning.

I conceded before he got going with the fireballs. I will not give him the satisfaction.

I'm also at rank 11 in wild at the moment and have not faced a single secret paladin. Good amount of hunters, lots of mages, shaman, some warriors, a few priests, and some just tempo paladins.

Dahbomb

You don't cut Death's Bite, you cut one copy of War Axe. War Axe doesn't do much in Wild anyway.

Yeah no point in using Ironforge Portal in Wild unless you want to make a meme Tank Up deck or a Yogg Warrior deck.

Also Moonglade Portal is sick in Fatigue Druid.

I'm also at rank 11 in wild at the moment and have not faced a single secret paladin
Because all of them are rank 5 or higher by now.

I didn't face many Shamans at that rank in Standard either.

Also I think head to head... Midrange Shaman (with no Wild cards) MAY actually be able to take on Secret Paladin. Not win the match up but just hang in there and compete.

Spirit Claws deal with Minibot/Secret Keeper, Maelstrom Portal takes on Muster for Battle, Thing from Below beats Shredder and their 5 drop. MC can get Hexed. Thunderbluff will close out game if it has board against Secret Paladin. Can still get wrecked by Dr Balanced though.

That's a damn scary thought. A deck from Standard can compete with the best deck in Wild.

patchday

That's awesome you guys keep going til you hit rank 5. I'm so lazy. I hit rank 15 and then just take it easy and go play some of my other games. Need to get back on the HS treadmill

Man I went through the trouble of crafting Falgran and didnt even play Druid yet. But I know I will next time I logon. I should have 3 quests in my log now. But one of my quests is for the Brawl. Hope this will be a good brawl (fingers crossed and looking up at the sky hoping)

Levi

Banned
Shield maiden doesn't really fit into a nzoth warrior does it? Or should that be a priority?

I don't think it's a priority, no. My current build has Shield Maidens, but my current build is pretty similar to my old Fatigue Warrior build but with the N'zoth package.

I don't think you need to go all out with Deathrattles in N'zoth Warrior. You can go and put in Shredder, Sky Golem, Sneed's Old Shredder, Fuegan, Stallag, etc., and that's fun and all, but is it better than just making a solid Control List and putting in N'zoth just to get yourself another couple Sludge Belchers and Deathlords, and a second Sylvanas?

I've probably made a dozen N'zoth Warriors in wild at this point and my inclination at the moment is not to go overboard with deathrattles.

rahji

I also crafted Fendral for my beast druid but I haven't played that deck in weeks. Instead I keep yogging the hell out with my mage. Praise yogg.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
My deathrattles right now are just sludge Belchers, piloted shredders, cairne, sylvanas. Maybe I should add deathlords but they seem far better in a priest list.

Levi

Banned
If you are using the Fatigue Warrior then yeah absolutely.

My deathrattles right now are just sludge Belchers, piloted shredders, cairne, sylvanas. Maybe I should add deathlords but they seem far better in a priest list.

Deathlords are great in control mirrors, because you put them to fatigue and sometimes you can pull their battlecry-based win condition (N'zoth, Mysterious Challenger, Elise Starseeker) right out of their deck. It's a bit risky (you don't want to give a Mage an early Antonidas, for example, or a Hunter Savannah Highmane) but worth it. Against Aggro, you're healing for 8, slowing them down, probably removing a bunch of small minions, and whatever minion Deathlord pulls from their deck is usually a low-impact one anyway.

I don't run Cairne in my wild N'zoth decks anymore. It just seems too slow for that format.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
KY8h6kA.png

Yeah, Dragon Mage is pretty fun in wild.

Would replace the Netherspite Historians with something more defensive if it gets more aggro in higher ranks, but lower rank wild is all value/fatigue. Getting a bunch of big dragons through Brann/Duplicate + Netherspite Historian is pretty good there.

wiibomb

I like this brawl.. it can make some pretty interesting plays.

I particularly like the new hero powers, it might be a little overstating, but I feel a change in hero power can completely change how a game is played

rahji

this game does not want to accept that I don't play warrior. every time i reroll the warrior quests I get another one. warrior paladin quest before, now warrior exclusive quest. and of course the useless tavern brawl quest.

wiibomb

this game does not want to accept that I don't play warrior. every time i reroll the warrior quests I get another one. warrior paladin quest before, now warrior exclusive quest. and of course the useless tavern brawl quest.

hey, the game is just trying to tell you to learn the best class in the game!

not really, but is pretty good

gutshot

Wow. Some huge nerfs. Initial thoughts:

Rockbiter: Fair. Brings it in line with other 3-damage removals while preserving its burst potential.
Tuskarr: RIP in pieces
CotW: will still be a thing just will happen a turn later. Power level is still really good for its cost.
Abusive: still +2 reach for 1 mana, so will still probably see play.
Execute: Good nerf. Remains strong removal option, just not as broken.
Charge: Whatever
Yogg: Hard to predict. It might be RIP, but it might live on since it still has swing potential just slightly less.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
That seems like the most reasonable way to nerf Yogg. I'm glad they now seem to have at least two balance updates a year.

Rockbiter to 2 is kind of interesting. Delaying its power by one turn might be enough, but I was still thinking making it minion only would make sense. Maybe the concern was with future whirlwind creatures though.

Execute seems to be the nerf everyone wanted. Abusive definitely needed that change as well.

Seems like pretty good nerfs. Yogg will still have the potential to do awesomely stupid things but it should be more reasonable now. Oh and thank god for the Tuskarr Totemic nerf.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Charge is a dumb change.

Everything else seems good. Rockbiter will still be an oppressive combination with doomhammer it's just not as good early game removal now.

Cat Party

OTK warrior is finally dead. Thank God.

The Yogg Nerf is fair but kind of a bummer. Still love that card.

The shaman changes should help balance out the class.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Charge is a dumb change.

Everything else seems good. Rockbiter will still be an oppressive combination with doomhammer it's just not as good early game removal now.

I think delaying to turn 7 might be enough.

Sometimes you only need a little extra time to stabilize, and this buys you it both in the early game (by making it a costlier removal), and changes the earliest you have to deal with Doomhammer or Al-Akir combos.

Looking at the current Tempo Storm lists, Mid-Range Shaman doesn't even run Doomhammer, and Aggro Shaman only runs one.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Really liking the nerfs... they're actually nerfs and not NUKE THIS CARD FROM ORBIT.
#RIP Blade Flurry

gutshot

I wonder if you will still get full dust refund for Yogg since the card itself hasn't changed at all, just some game mechanics?

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Really liking the nerfs... they're actually nerfs and not NUKE THIS CARD FROM ORBIT.
#RIP Blade Flurry

I think that one got hit so hard because they actually wanted to remove Rogue's ability to do cost effective board wipes.

I wonder if you will still get full dust refund for Yogg since the card itself hasn't changed at all, just some game mechanics?
I'm not convinced this will actually even remove him from any decks he's played in. You're still playing him as an out when you're losing, and there's no replacement card that can turn around the game like that.

The decks also got a major buff due to Arcane Giants.

Dahbomb

LEVI WON THE BET!!!!

Wait do we get the dust enchant for that nerf or nah?

That nerf is actually quite legit. Maybe enough for it to not see play but we'll see.

inky

Those are all reasonable changes. Fuck Call of the Wild, a case of "everyone called this shit" before it was out.

Execute a sad casualty of printing so many activators for Warrior. Seems reasonable but I wonder if that will be the stance on other cheap removal from now on.

LEVI WON THE BET!!!!

What bet?

hunter just has to last one later turn to place call, they might run rag instead of one call i guess idk. Changes are definitely better than previous balances. Idk if shaman losing the high rolls on tuskar is going to push them down a whole lot but maybe. time for dragon warrior to shine again I guess

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Charge got completely and utterly nuked.
You're right but i dont think anyone is gonna miss it. lol

I think that one got hit so hard because they actually wanted to remove Rogue's ability to do cost effective board wipes.
Yup, it was a welcomed nerf ... but as a Rogue player #RIP sweet prince.

Dahbomb

I would've liked a different change on the Doomhammer Rockbiter interaction but I guess for now this is acceptable.

The Charge nerf I know why they did it. I just don't like it, pretty much removes a deck from play. I guess people who hate OTK decks will be happy.

The other nerfs are extremely reasonable. They didn't nuke the cards but rather put the cards at where they should actually have been to begin with. Tuskar Totemic is too mediocre to see play now but it's better than what it used to be.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
hunter just has to last one later turn to place call, they might run rag instead of one call i guess idk. Changes are definitely better than previous balances. Idk if shaman losing the high rolls on tuskar is going to push them down a whole lot but maybe. time for dragon warrior to shine again I guess

Aggro Shaman gets hit on three fronts between Tuskarr, Rockbiter, and Abusive Sergeant.

I suspect it will fall down a lot in favor to Mid-Range, which was already shining more.

maybe we'll start seeing a bloodlust variant of shaman now. or midrange running al akir more. But yea that abusive change is very nice

fml I just crafted 2xCotW for my hunter deck.

This sucks major donkey balls as a f2p player.

when they nerf cards you can dust them for full value when the nerf is in affect. dont dust before hand.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Can't wait to see a Yogg -> Shadowstep now, lol.

That was a mistake.

That could still be a positive if you've cast enough spells!

fml I just crafted 2xCotW for my hunter deck.

This sucks major donkey balls as a f2p player.

You can just get your full dust cost back, though I imagine most decks will still run at least one of them. It's still an absurd card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom