• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT7/7| _ Give Tyrande | _ Blizzard: Give Amazon Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Portugeezer

Yay for nerfs! Did they say anything about Tyrande?

I would cut one CotW for Medivh. Dat combo!

But you could do that now and it would be better because 8 mana minions in general are better than 9 mana minions.

4 mana 7/7 being overly powerful is a meme more than anything else. It was not overperforming compared to other cards. I think people just remember getting screwed over by it than any real sense of it's true power.

2 mana rockbiter and nerfed Tuskarr should make it harder for Shaman to push into a dominating board position on turn 4.

Except when it does 1/3 of your health worth of damage with a Flametongue totem.

Dahbomb

Can't DE Charge, Execute and Rockbiter as they are basic.

Tuskar Totemic and Abusive Sergeant are commons, you will get 50 dust per DE so that's 200. If you don't plan to use them then they are safe DEs.

CotW will give 400 dust and it's safe to DE at least one I would say. If you really need the DE then DE the other one.

Do not DE until Yogg until we get clarification. If it gives 1600 then DE that ASAP.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
you guys dusting yogg are weird

it stays on the board more often than not

it's a smart nerf but the card is far from useless

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
you guys dusting yogg are weird

it stays on the board more often than not

it's a smart nerf but the card is far from useless

In my experience it definitely gets killed or at least transformed at least 40% of the time.

It's a great change though.

wiibomb

Can't DE Charge, Execute and Rockbiter as they are basic.

Tuskar Totemic and Abusive Sergeant are commons, you will get 50 dust per DE so that's 200. If you don't plan to use them then they are safe DEs.

CotW will give 400 dust and it's safe to DE at least one I would say. If you really need the DE then DE the other one.

Do not DE until Yogg until we get clarification. If it gives 1600 then DE that ASAP.

so, to make a common it cost 40 dust, but disenchanting a golden common gives 50, the same disenchantment cost applies to commons in nerfs?

I'm really impressed with this patch. The abusive thing i didn't think about but it really was a problem.

My list of expectations.

1) Renolock got a TON here and I'm really happy with what I'm seeing.
2) Malydruid, which I maintain is the most overrated deck right now, is going to fall off with yogg out
3) N'zoth warrior just got better. It had plenty of other removal options anyway and its not like the execute nerf is going to kill it since it always has left over mana anyway.
4) Freeze mage gets a lot here and tempo mage lost a lot
5) Shaman is still good, aggro will probably transition over more towards a spell power focus.
6) Discolock becomes better
7) Priest is still terrible
8) Everyone trying to make secret paladin a thing when it totally will never be a thing are going to finally stop with the abusive nerf

4 mana 7/7 being overly powerful is a meme more than anything else. It was not overperforming compared to other cards. I think people just remember getting screwed over by it than any real sense of it's true power.

2 mana rockbiter and nerfed Tuskarr should make it harder for Shaman to push into a dominating board position on turn 4.

I dunno man...Shaman's still have the same stupid opening. Tunnel Trogg > Totem Golem > Coin, Feral Spirits > GG

The nerfs help, but it's still a fucking pain to deal with.

bjaelke

I dunno man...Shaman's still have the same stupid opening. Tunnel Trogg > Totem Golem > Coin, Feral Spirits > GG

but not for long
We considered other Shaman cards like Tunnel Trogg and Totem Golem, but these are both leaving Standard relatively soon, so we thought it would be better to change Rockbiter and improve the Standard format in a more permanent way.

Tomcat

You don't cut Death's Bite, you cut one copy of War Axe. War Axe doesn't do much in Wild anyway.

Yeah no point in using Ironforge Portal in Wild unless you want to make a meme Tank Up deck or a Yogg Warrior deck.

Also Moonglade Portal is sick in Fatigue Druid.

Because all of them are rank 5 or higher by now.

I didn't face many Shamans at that rank in Standard either.

Also I think head to head... Midrange Shaman (with no Wild cards) MAY actually be able to take on Secret Paladin. Not win the match up but just hang in there and compete.

Spirit Claws deal with Minibot/Secret Keeper, Maelstrom Portal takes on Muster for Battle, Thing from Below beats Shredder and their 5 drop. MC can get Hexed. Thunderbluff will close out game if it has board against Secret Paladin. Can still get wrecked by Dr Balanced though.

That's a damn scary thought. A deck from Standard can compete with the best deck in Wild.

SP is not the best deck in wild. Mid Hunter and freeze mage are more powerful right now.

Pooya

Poor last call participants, they're dropping the changes right before last call and they were already getting screwed with no prize pool.

Rockbiter change seems dumb. Aggro will probably still use it but it fucks over all other Shaman decks and completely destroys the Al'Akir combo. Doomhammer should have been the target, not Rockbiter.

Tuskarr is pretty much garbage now. They should have made it a 3/3 at least.

Call of the Wild. Decent change, still a strong card but at least it comes out a turn later.

Execute, sure I guess.

Charge, thank you god.

Absusive Sergeant, thank you again god.

Yogg-Saron. RIP Yogg, I'll never forget you.

Magnus

Why is everyone wanting to DE Yogg? We all crafted it for the fun aspect anyway, not the competitive. It still has that fun to it, doesn't it? Yogg doesn't get removed from the board in more than half my uses anyway.

I'm surprised at the total lack of modification to priest cards, though. All these changes, but nothing done to change purify?

wiibomb

but not for long

I like that.

They don't hugely change the class and instead improve for a long term

also, removing the totem golem or the tunnel trogg isn't nearly as dfficult as it seems. It is pretty easy, instead, to make a doomhammer into double rockbitter, or a Al'Akir into double rockbitter

manhack

I was playing that opening before Shaman was Tier 1 and people were able to deal with it. I think the big thing is that without 1 mana rockbiter, Shaman won't be able to cheese out board control and tempo on turn 2.

inky

Not having to deal with a Totem Golem from a Tuskar is going to be so good.

Rockbiter is a bit crap as early removal now, and also as a finisher for aggro, but remains a viable option for midrange and control late game.

I was playing that opening before Shaman was Tier 1 and people were able to deal with it. I think the big thing is that without 1 mana rockbiter, Shaman won't be able to cheese out board control and tempo on turn 2.

Well sure, I mean I can still "deal" with it now, but that doesn't make it feel fair. I have to get perfect draws and use a shitload of cards to do it. But now my Mana Wyrm won't get killed immediately, so that's huge.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Well sure, I mean I can still "deal" with it now, but that doesn't make it feel fair. I have to get perfect draws and use a shitload of cards to do it. But now my Mana Wyrm won't get killed immediately, so that's huge.

They had to get a perfect draw to execute that curve. One less over powered 3 drop really hurts their early consistency.

Pooya

I think midrange will entirely cut rockbiter, now that you have spirit claws it's really redundant anyway. Lightning bolt will usually work better for early removal specially if you run troggs and spell power. I think it only makes sense to play it if you have double doomhammer in your deck, so aggro. Combo's with Al'Alkir won't make sense with it at 10 mana for a card that is pretty bad otherwise. It's usually better to play it along with flametongue or now people can test primal fusion some more. That card is pretty good.

Levi

Banned
Guys I'm so happy right now.

Control Warrior floats so much mana it doesn't matter that execute was changed, it does hurt tempo/dragon warriors who want to maximize their mana usage which is fine with me.

The two Shaman cards had good nerfs--Rockbiter/Doomhammer is still gross but since it comes out later it might not be so oppressive.

Tuskarr gets a long-overdue change. No more high-rolling and snowballing from there.

Call of the Wild going to 9 makes me so happy. No more Highmane, coin COTW, COTW for turns 6,7 and 8.

Abusive sergeant is also a nice change, not a huge deal but it was such a great aggro tool. Getting an awesome battlecry and good stats was too much.

Yogg gets its consistency dialed way back. A fun card for people who want fun, but not a tournament-deciding card anymore. I love that it stops once it dies, which means casting it on an empty board is REALLY BAD since it'll be the only minion target for spells such as Hex. (as a CW I'm not building these wide boards so Yogg was frequently played on an empty or near empty board against me).

I also love that the Yogg player now has to pay for overload. Even if they get a really favorable Yogg, they might not be able to snowball from there when there next turn is mana-constricted.

TL:DR so happy.

wiibomb

Guys I'm so happy right now.

Control Warrior floats so much mana it doesn't matter that execute was changed, it does hurt tempo/dragon warriors who want to maximize their mana usage which is fine with me.

The two Shaman cards had good nerfs--Rockbiter/Doomhammer is still gross but since it comes out later it might not be so oppressive.

Tuskarr gets a long-overdue change. No more high-rolling and snowballing from there.

Call of the Wild going to 9 makes me so happy. No more Highmane, coin COTW, COTW for turns 6,7 and 8.

Abusive sergeant is also a nice change, not a huge deal but it was such a great aggro tool. Getting an awesome battlecry and good stats was too much.

Yogg gets its consistency dialed way back. A fun card for people who want fun, but not a tournament-deciding card anymore. I love that it stops once it dies, which means casting it on an empty board is REALLY BAD since it'll be the only minion target for spells such as Hex. (as a CW I'm not building these wide boards so Yogg was frequently played on an empty or near empty board against me).

I also love that the Yogg player now has to pay for overload. Even if they get a really favorable Yogg, they might not be able to snowball from there when there next turn is mana-constricted.

TL:DR so happy.

I'm now more tempted than ever to make a good control deck.

too bad I don't have the lot of cards it needs ha ha

Ladekabel

Man, read some comment on Facebook under the announcement and some people are furious about Yogg change. One even said that the games is worse because of that.

Pooya

somebody fucked up lol.

Man, read some comment on Facebook under the announcement and some people are furious about Yogg change. One even said that the games is worse because of that.

Blizzard can't ever win everyone. This happens when your audience is too wide. Some people really enjoyed getting free flashy wins with Yogg.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth

Of course. It's a ridiculous card that has ridiculous effects. It's divisive. I think this was a good compromise.

rahji

It seems the charge mechanic itself is not thought out very well. First patrons, now charge. Just make that charge minions cannot attack the hero and there you have a decent charge mechanic. the way it is now it gets abused too easily. all other nerfs are ok.
poor yogg :(

Pooya

I think dragon warrior will pretty mediocre now, it has already fallen off quite a bit in favor control warrior and the deck doesn't really have that many execute activators. At 2 mana, it will be a lot harder to execute and develop something, you can actually put a brake on that curve now.

Guess I'll run King Krush now.

Malice215

I was expecting Yogg to get changed before Blizzcon, but I wasn't expecting Blizzard to make the change that makes the most sense. I'm sure people are salty about it because now they can't blindly throw Yogg into their decks and get ridiculous value from it.

Now I'm just hoping that I don't have to play a game that I don't care about to or do something stupid get Tyrande. Please Blizzard.

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom