• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT7/7| _ Give Tyrande | _ Blizzard: Give Amazon Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pooya

Yeah, pushing that tank up button is the most satisfying feeling in the game. Specially if you're playing as Magni, it sounds sogood, you feel how annoyed your opponent is and how victory just escapes their reach every turn despite having played two call of the wilds and getting highmane from Barnes.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
It's not because they wanted big minions to be stronger. They wanted the choice to include silence in your deck to be a real decision and not auto-include. Because now adding silence to your deck makes your overall deck weaker as a result, silence is more of a choice.

If they wanted silence to not punish tirion, they'd have removed silence effects. They made it weaker so it's not a no brainer include.

I don't think we'd be seeing an unnerfed owl as auto include these days.

What cards do you want to silence right now? Before you had Shredder, Sludge Belcher, and Dr. Boom in every single deck to ensure you'd always have some sort of ok target to hit, and then could get the great value out of it depending on the matchup, such as Mad Scientist, Nerubian Egg, Voidcaller, Avenge, Velen's Chosen, or Vol'jin.

You'd much rather be trying to outright kill most minions with good effects, like Fandral or Flamewaker. They might be ok to silence in emergencies but you're still losing a lot of tempo and value if you're forced to silence those even with a pre nerf owl for silence.

Even a good silence would be limited to being a tech card against exactly N'Zoth and Hunter decks right now, and maybe picking off the occasional Ancient of War, Control Sylvanus, Tirion, loot hoarder, doomsayer, or heavily protected Flametongue.

I don't think we'd be seeing an unnerfed owl as auto include these days.

What cards do you want to silence right now? Before you had Shredder, Sludge Belcher, and Dr. Boom in every single deck to ensure you'd always have some sort of ok target to hit, and then could get the great value out of it depending on the matchup, such as Mad Scientist, Nerubian Egg, Voidcaller, Avenge, Velen's Chosen, or Vol'jin.

You'd much rather be trying to outright kill most minions with good effects, like Fandral or Flamewaker. They might be ok to silence in emergencies but you're still losing a lot of tempo and value if you're forced to silence those even with a pre nerf owl for silence.

Even a good silence would be limited to being a tech card against exactly N'Zoth and Hunter decks right now, and maybe picking off the occasional Ancient of War, Control Sylvanus, Tirion, or a heavily protected Flametongue.

fastly growing 1 power minions for instance, 0/3 drawing cards, 2/4 Arcane Missile spammers, 1/1 3/2 spawners, Ysera, buffed by yoggs, Misha after CotW, Tirion, Lightlord,...

I'd include owl almost in any deck and Van Cleef would be so much worse if hunter played silence.

Dahbomb

Most people won't care but this balance patch makes Secret Paladin even more of the #1 deck in Wild. Warrior and Hunter were nerfed along with Zoo. Secret Paladin is unchanged.

Levi

Banned
Yeah, pushing that tank up button is the most satisfying feeling in the game. Specially if you're playing as Magni, it sounds sogood, you feel how annoyed your opponent is and how victory just escapes their reach every turn despite having played two call of the wilds and getting highmane from Barnes.

22495.png

Welcome to the Grand Tournament / Tank Up / Tank Up / Tank Up / I'm out of cards!

Magni warriors are harder to beat than Garrosh warriors.

Bro. What about Golden Garrosh warriors who use the Magni cardback?

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member

Can confirm, would be totally annoyed.

"Would be such a easy match up if not for warrior getting justicar so early and brawl and war axe and this game sucks." would be my actual mindset.

So yogg was supposed to cause overload? Well, that there was most of my suggested nerf for yogg anyway. No more elemental destruction into spamming the board with the 10 cards you just drew off infest. Also, I don't think this entirely makes yogg worthless in a competitive deck tbh. It does make him a lot worse when you have the high spell counts, so the druids and the mages will likely abandon him wholesale I think. But if you only have him for like 6 spells, like in CW, it's probably still fine to run.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
So yogg was supposed to cause overload? Well, that there was most of my suggested nerf for yogg anyway. No more elemental destruction into spamming the board with the 10 cards you just drew off infest. Also, I don't think this entirely makes yogg worthless in a competitive deck tbh. It does make him a lot worse when you have the high spell counts, so the druids and the mages will likely abandon him wholesale I think. But if you only have him for like 6 spells, like in CW, it's probably still fine to run.

Overload used to be part of the Spell Effect, not the Spell Cost. But the way it worked was changed when LoE came out, likely so you would not get double overloaded by Brann for minions.

Overload used to be part of the Spell Effect, not the Spell Cost. But the way it worked was changed when LoE came out, likely so you would not get double overloaded by Brann for minions.

I'm not following what you mean as it used to be part of the spell effect but now it's part of the spell cost.

It's always been a part of the card's text. If you counter spell an overload card, you don't get overload because the text never goes into effect. I think that is how it is supposed to work, which is why yogg technically should be gaining you overload because it's a part of the spell's text and not it's cost.

I am curious about brann interaction because technically if a card is battlecry: overload 1, you should overload twice. But overload on it's own is not a battlecry.

So no double overload for totem golem... but maybe fireguard destroyer?
KUVFAKc.png

184px-Fireguard_Destroyer%2814455%29.png

Dahbomb

Overload is not Battlecry. It's a separate key word text from Battlecry. Fireguard Destroyer should just get double damage buff but not 2 overload.

It's like how combos don't activate twice by Bran, using SI7 isn't going to trigger the combo twice with Brann.

I've never seen a hearthstone player rage this hard. I've seen some hearthstone streamers rage too lol... but this guy ended his stream without a word after he realized how fucked he was on his speed run.

https://clips.twitch.tv/calebhart42/FaithfulOryxPeoplesChamp

Overload is not Battlecry. It's a separate key word text from Battlecry. Fireguard Destroyer should just get double damage buff but not 2 overload.

It's like how combos don't activate twice by Bran, using SI7 isn't going to trigger the combo twice with Brann.

It's not really like si7, it's like perdition's blade. It has a combo text after battlecry.

For reference:

82.png

If it just doubles the battlecry of 1 damage twice, you get 1 damage and then 1 damage. But if you combo it, you get 2 damage and then 2 damage, effectively making the combo part doubled by battlecry.

But fireguard destroyer only overloads 1 point regardless of brann.

Levi

Banned
Deathlord pulling your opponent's win condition and an immediate concede is pretty fun.

I know right! Did you put in Deathlords per my suggestion?!? Because I would be so happy if I was the one who gave you that pleasure.

Pulling a Nzoth and killing it without it resurrecting a damn thing... SOGOOD.GIF.

You're making me want to go play some wild RIGHT NOW.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
I know right! Did you put in Deathlords per my suggestion?!? Because I would be so happy if I was the one who gave you that pleasure.

Pulling a Nzoth and killing it without it resurrecting a damn thing... SOGOOD.GIF.

This was actually in priest. I haven't played wild nzoth warrior in a while.

KuroNeeko

Just my results / impressions from this month.

I topped out at rank 10. I could have kept going, but decided to switch to some meme decks for fun.

Most of the games I played were with Priest. Only Kibler's Resurrect Priest managed to keep a 60%+ win rate (for me). Control Priest win rate was abyssmal. Dragon Priest win rate wasn't very good either--slightly lower than or at 50%. Worse, DP just isn't that fun to play (for me). One thing I found that was really interesting was Confuse in DP. I saw Tars use it once and it....seems good. Potentially attacking for 12 with Ysera or clearing Shaman's totems seems pretty nice.

OTK Velen Priest was really bad, not because of the prevalence of Control Warriors (which really didn't start surfacing until the last half of the month because of VS report), but because I couldn't kill Shaman / Hunter fast enough.

Spell Priest didn't fare any better.

Otherwise, I played a lot of Reno Mage, which hovered between 50~60%. Fun, but slow.

I made the most consistent gains with Secret Hunter--which was surprisingly fun. I played the VLPS list and it just feels really solid. Unfortunately, it struggled against Shaman, but even then I enjoyed a 70% or so win rate to rank 10.

I dabbled with Paladin--mostly Zoo Keeper and Anyfin. Results were bland.

I had the most fun with these four decks and will probably base most of my play for next month around them:

・Curator Yogg Druid (Justicar has been really good here)
・Unicorn N'zoth Rogue (and Beneath the Grounds Rogue)
&#12539;Renounce Darkness Y'shaarj Warlock that Bjaelke posted (that squeaked a win from Inky <3)
&#12539;Purify Priest (20~30% win rate)

(and Secret Hunter)

Oh, man. I bet! lol

jgminto

This new "aggro" freeze mage list seems really bad against any deck with decent life gain. I wrecked it while messing around with Murlocadin and I imagine it has zero chance against Warrior either.

manhack

Tempo Yogg mage is the most rage inducing bullshit in the game.

Oh wait very next opponent is freeze mage with god curve. Nevermind.

manhack

"C'mon manhack, according to vS reaper report mages are barely 10% of the overall meta. No reason to be annoyed."

OK lets check my stats this month:

AqBVkme.png

85 mages this month, which works out to 18% of my personal meta for the month. Hunter 15% and Shaman 15%.

I find it amusing that I get mages at twice the amount general meta over so many games.

On another note I will keep plugging away with my Dragon Paladin deck. Not sure if it will hold up over more games though. With everyone gunning to fight mid-range decks it is really hard to play a Paladin deck that fights for board control. Anyfin or N'zoth is probably the place to be if you are trying to climb with Paladin (lol)

Dahbomb

"C'mon manhack, according to vS reaper report mages are barely 10% of the overall meta. No reason to be annoyed."

OK lets check my stats this month:

AqBVkme.png

85 mages this month, which works out to 18% of my personal meta for the month. Hunter 15% and Shaman 15%.

I find it amusing that I get mages at twice the amount general meta over so many games.

On another note I will keep plugging away with my Dragon Paladin deck. Not sure if it will hold up over more games though. With everyone gunning to fight mid-range decks it is really hard to play a Paladin deck that fights for board control. Anyfin or N'zoth is probably the place to be if you are trying to climb with Paladin (lol)
Still losing most to Shaman.

I am embarrassed to post my winrate against Shaman this season to rank 5.

Pooya

With the recent news, Blizzard actually said they want to add new combo decks to the game and it's important to have them. That was pretty shocking to me.

Well, here is my proposition. It's actually like a real combo not that I build a big ass weapon and smash into your face or cheese conceal decks, like seriously why conceal is a card? If they think not every minion should be able to get charge, not every minion should be able to get stealth, it's almost as unintractive most of the time. I actually hope they gut conceal next time so that rogue can get some new stuff. Newer lists don't even run gadgetzan, they're just all in on the conceal plan, it's not a combo deck anymore really. It's just about cheesing wins, I don't find it very fun or healthy personally.

1475204920-86bf1bb4.png

if you have spellpower +1, you get 2x damage btw and so on...
It counts itself as a played card unlike Edwin...

balanced and interactive. Shit card by itself, game ending with bunch of other cards! It expensive enough to be impossible to play with Malygos. Something like this probably satisfies oil players.

KuroNeeko

With the recent news, Blizzard actually said they want to add new combo decks to the game and it's important to have them. That was pretty shocking to me.

Well, here is my proposition. It's actually like a real combo not that I build a big ass weapon and smash into your face or cheese conceal decks, like seriously why conceal is a card? If they think not every minion should be able to get charge, not every minion should be able to get stealth, it's almost as unintractive most of the time. I actually hope they gut conceal next time so that rogue can get some new stuff. Newer lists don't even run gadgetzan, they're just all in on the conceal plan, it's not a combo deck anymore really. It's just about cheesing wins, I don't find it very fun or healthy personally.

1475204920-86bf1bb4.png

if you have spellpower +1, you get 2x damage btw and so on...
It counts itself as a played card unlike Edwin...

balanced and interactive. Shit card by itself, game ending with bunch of other cards! It expensive enough to be impossible to play with Malygos. Something like this probably satisfies oil players.

I like the idea behind this card.

Another game, Shadowverse, has a specific faction (Elf) that focuses on combo cards--that is, cards that gain additional effects if you've played X cards during the same turn and this card reminds me a bit of that.

Apparently, AoE is not something Blizzard wants to give Rogue outside of FoK, so guess this card will just have to remain a dream.

V-Faction

I'd like more Warcraft-based spells and less made up stuff. Killing Spree is nice because its translating the effect into a card game. That's my completely irrelevant selfish wish and nothing important.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Just had and won my first anyfin mirror: https://hsreplay.net/replay/YBn9mugjYzBfmEd3aKNwf4

That was intense. Doing the math, figuring out I was one off lethal (I hope I did the math right) the turn he dropped tirion...

There is an incredibly versatile anyfin calculator... it almost feels like cheating lol https://numbers1311407.github.io/anyfin/

JohnnyStone was playing a wild match as Control Mage against anyfin paladin.

Paladin made his final move, there are like 2 murkeyes and 3 bluegill and 2 warleaders. Ice block gives mage one more chance.

Mage has to Yogg. Second spell is Anyfin can Happen. There is like 95 dmg or something on board charge, hah. That dude had to be pissed.

https://clips.twitch.tv/johnnystonehs/HilariousTigerFUNgineer

Yep... I need the nerf now. Just lost cause dumb shamans' tuskar totemic's mana tide totem managed to draw him 3-4 cards. Nothing imbalanced about that card.

edit:

This is my post rank 4 experience in a nutshell. Not shown are at least 6 shaman matches and a couple hunter matches since i played them on mobile.

.eJwFwVEOgyAMANC7cADagh3oZQxBgmwKhOLXsrvvva96xqU2dc7ZZQM4isQ2Di2zjZCTzq3lK4VeRMd2Q5gzxPNOdQrQi4jdgohM7HE1HowlsyKjs94ax2wIpNSY9hHqZ1_0u2f1-wO1JSRg.aHAyGmuD3iavYbBSyFUKKUfTFFM

Yep... I need the nerf now. Just lost cause dumb shamans' tuskar totemic's mana tide totem managed to draw him 3-4 cards. Nothing imbalanced about that card.

edit:

This is my post rank 4 experience in a nutshell. Not shown are at least 6 shaman matches and a couple hunter matches since i played them on mobile.

.eJwFwVEOgyAMANC7cADagh3oZQxBgmwKhOLXsrvvva96xqU2dc7ZZQM4isQ2Di2zjZCTzq3lK4VeRMd2Q5gzxPNOdQrQi4jdgohM7HE1HowlsyKjs94ax2wIpNSY9hHqZ1_0u2f1-wO1JSRg.aHAyGmuD3iavYbBSyFUKKUfTFFM

Wow so many priests.

Got to rank 6 with res priest hit a wall broke though it with Hunter and hit rank 5 im happy.

bjaelke

3qA74Lm.png

My chart looks healthy in comparison. This is all from games in or around rank 5. Granted I got close to rank 5 early on so people were still experimenting with the new Karazhan cards and the current Mid-range Shaman was still in alpha.

Finalow

actually surprised at all these reasonable nerfs (finally) coming, good job for once. Yogg won't be completely dead-useless and it can still win you some games, but definitely less reliable.
midrange shaman will still be top tier material, at least until TGT rotates out. which is fine by me since it's one of the few decks I have the cards to play, lel
and I'm sure CotW will still be played, but it won't be as broken as before. (to be honest it should have been 9 mana to begin with, I mean it's 3 animal companions and that card costs 3 mana ...)

jgminto

actually surprised at all these reasonable nerfs (finally) coming, good job for once. Yogg won't be completely dead-useless and it can still win you some games, but definitely less reliable.
midrange shaman will still be top tier material, at least until TGT rotates out. which is fine by me since it's one of the few decks I have the cards to play, lel
and I'm sure CotW will still be played, but it won't be as broken as before. (to be honest it should have been 9 mana to begin with, I mean it's 3 animal companions and that card costs 3 mana ...)
Yogg isn't going to see play outside of meme decks. If there's no guarantee that Yogg will clear the board and is much more likely to lose the game for the person who played it, why would it see play? Now Yogg will regularly be much worse than his own servant because at least you only spend 5 Mana to kill your own minion.

Xanathus

There's actually a good chance that Yogg is still good in the Malygos Druid deck because in most cases it's just there as a board-clear last ditch effort, and Yogg can still do that even after the nerf. I wouldn't be surprise that Yogg is still competitively playable in decks that don't use Yogg as a win-condition after the nerf.

jgminto

There's actually a good chance that Yogg is still good in the Malygos Druid deck because in most cases it's just there as a board-clear last ditch effort, and Yogg can still do that even after the nerf. I wouldn't be surprise that Yogg is still competitively playable in decks that don't use Yogg as a win-condition after the nerf.
Yogg was never played as a win condition. You played Yogg because you could exchange your entire 10 mana for a guaranteed change in game state of some kind, whether that came as a board clear, minion creation, card draw or direct damage. Now the only guarantee is that you will spend all of your mana, a card that potentially has zero effect for 10 mana will not see play competitively.

Xanathus

Yogg was never played as a win condition. You played Yogg because you could exchange your entire 10 mana for a guaranteed change in game state of some kind, whether that came as a board clear, minion creation, card draw or direct damage. Now the only guarantee is that you will spend all of your mana, a card that potentially has zero effect for 10 mana will not see play competitively.
There already have been simulations done where Yogg still has a reasonable chance of making a big board state change in a situation where the opponent has minions on board and you don't. All the change really does is put a pseudocap of around 10 spells casted by Yogg before it has a very high chance of destroying itself.

Pooya

If you bring Yogg to Blizzcon, you're pretty much defying Blizzard. They really don't want you to bring it going by that blog post lol. I don't think anyone will bring it. Mike Donais actually said on reddit that the overload "fix" is coming in next next patch, they're still monitoring if it's enough of a nerf to Yogg and next they will add the overload.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom