• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT7/7| _ Give Tyrande | _ Blizzard: Give Amazon Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Levi

Banned
Levi ‏@LeviTriumphant 5h5 hours ago

@bdbrode thank you so much for casting resurrect on my love of Hearthstone and high-rolling! I stopped playing this season, I'm back now.

lol

I've been cyberstalked! LOL

Actually, I only hopped on Twitter and posted that because you guys said he was taking a bunch of shit. I decided to counterbalance that. I don't only want to be the guy shitting on Blizz when they fuck up; when they do things right they need to hear that as well.

patchday

Levi ‏@LeviTriumphant 5h5 hours ago

@bdbrode thank you so much for casting resurrect on my love of Hearthstone and high-rolling! I stopped playing this season, I'm back now.

lol

I just lol'ed too. I happened to check Ben's twitter feed and saw that. Come on bro you know you never stopped playing

Yeah I give up going for legend, my win rate the last couple hours has to be something like 40%. Considering I'm 2 stars further away from legend than when I started.

Maybe if I had more time but I'm not gonna play any more today.

Levi

Banned
I just lol'ed too. I happened to check Ben's twitter feed and saw that. Come on bro you know you never stopped playing

Tweet limit too short to say "I stopped trying to win and was only logging on out of obligation and sunk-cost fallacy to just do my daily quests on all three servers, and I was only doing that because I had faith that changes to Yogg would happen this year, and if they didn't, I was going to uninstall forever."

patchday

Yeah I give up going for legend, my win rate the last couple hours has to be something like 40%. Considering I'm 2 stars further away from legend than when I started.

Maybe if I had more time but I'm not gonna play any more today.

I have been cheering for you since you're piloting Malygos Rogue.

Tweet limit too short to say "I stopped trying to win and was only logging on out of obligation and sunk-cost fallacy to just do my daily quests on all three servers, and I was only doing that because I had faith that changes to Yogg would happen this year, and if they didn't, I was going to uninstall forever."

Well I'm glad you hung in there. This is my first 'nerf' pass that I am witnessing. I am strangely excited to see how this impacts the meta

patchday

* Also another reason I'm actually a proponent of Yogg nerf is so that I can enjoy pro tournaments more. I was actually telling my friend I'd wish they leave Yogg be but move him into Wild. But I know that's a dumbo idea for obvious reasons

Man weren't you against nerfs though?

Yeah I am normally against meta changes since I'm such a filthy casual.

But these particular nerfs shouldn't impact my decks very much

(Well my Mage decks will suffer somewhat though)

edit-->

Oh I was only playing Malygos rogue for fun and hit 5 in the process I started thinking about legend after switching to midrange shaman and coasting through 5 and 4.

I'd need a week at least with Malygos Rogue since matches take so long.

That's right. Well I love shaman still cheering for ya. Also you also play HoTS so even more reason to fan boat for ya

Dahbomb

Yeah I think Yogg is still playable as an emergency comeback mechanic. I played against a Tempo Mage yesterday and the Yogg lived through enough spells to win the game. He would've overloaded for 4 mana though.

bjaelke

Yeah I think Yogg is still playable as an emergency comeback mechanic. I played against a Tempo Mage yesterday and the Yogg lived through enough spells to win the game. He would've overloaded for 4 mana though.

He'll fit better in Maly Druid since they can fill the board afterwards with actual threats in the form of Arcane Giants and Malygos.

I really wish I had kept track on how often Yogg would kill himself when played. My Yogg sheet only accounts for average board size and hand size pre and post Yogg.

FYI, for the person who asked: Duelyst received no balance changes with this month's patch. I'm confident that Kron, at least, will get changed, but it looks like they want the meta to settle more since new decks like Crankyhai are still popping up and creating entirely new approaches to the game.

during the season midrange hunter and tempo mage, the winstreak with secret hunter

Wild! Do you have a decklist to share? I am already S-Rank in Duelyst for the month and might try playing some Hearthstone this weekend.

3qA74Lm.png

My chart looks healthy in comparison. This is all from games in or around rank 5. Granted I got close to rank 5 early on so people were still experimenting with the new Karazhan cards and the current Mid-range Shaman was still in alpha.

I think my overall chart looks a bit better, but rank 4+ has been mostly shaman.

When I did a lot of testing around rank 5 and before, it was more diverse. But over time I think the trend was more and more shaman density. I hit rank 5 on sept 10th according to my stat tracker.

Sept 1-9th
14% shaman (mage has highest at 21%)

Sept 10-20
23% shaman (highest)

Sept 21-current
40% shaman (highest)

The longer post release, and the more the decks iterated, shaman simply overtook everything else. At least I ranked up when shaman was at it's lowest.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
After going 15-1 with dragon control mage in wild, all the good decks hit me all at once and gave me a 3 game losing streak. I guess it was fun beating up on all those bad wild decks while it lasted.

Oh well, Guess I can move over to an actually good deck like standard Yogg Druid but with shredder, belcher, and boom.

Mulgrok

my opponents this season have been paladin priest rogue at ~7%, warlock and warrior at 10%, rest at ~15%

I played mostly experimental decks so my winrates sucked most against hunter 36% and mage 40%. I had a positive win rate against the rest, but only 51% overall.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Ranked chests are like a lottery tonight. Let's see who gets Call of the wild, tuskarr and abusive in one chest.

The real dream right there. Who is gonna get basically a trillion dust and who gets Forked Lightning, some garbage rare, and a Poisoned Dagger.

Blizz giveth and Blizz taketh away.

are you guys dusting your yoggs?
No way. He still does what he used to do just less consistently. Still the only card that has even a 1% shot at winning you a lost game.
I don't think any of the nerfed cards are worth dusting this time around. Maybe 1x CotW, but other than that.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
are you guys dusting your yoggs?

I might cash in on the gold one i got from my initial packs and craft a regular one instead.

I aim for a complete collection of non-gold, so no real reason to keep him dusted. Odds are pretty good I'll want to use him before I get another from a pack.

I probably will get rid of my CotW and temporarily retire Hunter while I try to get more from packs.

Finalow

Yogg isn't going to see play outside of meme decks. If there's no guarantee that Yogg will clear the board and is much more likely to lose the game for the person who played it, why would it see play? Now Yogg will regularly be much worse than his own servant because at least you only spend 5 Mana to kill your own minion.
not necessarily true. Yogg was usually played as a last resort ''pls Yogg save me'', to win a game where you were really behind, and the card can still do that. if it doesn't? You lose a game you should have lost.
and I've seen plenty of Yoggs doing a lot without him dying or being silenced or transformed.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
My opponent percentages for this season:

lol priest.

Also I played way too many bad decks this season. Only thing I had success with is Ancestral Control Shaman and y'shaarj/barnes hunter. Ending the season at rank 11, so never got into to heavy of shaman territory.

bjaelke

Even the whales should dust their nerfed cards. Better to dust now and get the full cost rather than wait 3 months when you get a duplicate and get 25%.

I don't think neither Tuskarr nor Abusive will be completely phased out and they're common rarity so it doesn't really matter either way. I'll play around with Yogg after the patch just to see how the changes affect the decks I'm running him in. No rush to disenchant him (as stated above, I think he'll still see play in Druid decks). Might have done so if it was a golden copy. CotW is the only one I'm uncertain of. But that's because I've little to no interest in playing Hunter.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
I don't think neither Tuskarr nor Abusive will be completely phased out and they're common rarity so it doesn't really matter either way. I'll play around with Yogg after the patch just to see how the changes affect the decks I'm running him in. No rush to disenchant him (as stated above, I think he'll still see play in Druid decks). Might have done so if it was a golden copy. CotW is the only one I'm uncertain of. But that's because I've little to no interest in playing Hunter.

Even if the nerfed cards stay in the meta, you literally have nothing to lose by disenchanting them immediately once the nerfs go live. You can always recraft at no penalty. But if they get pushed out of the meta or become minor things not worth crafting, you can get bonus arcane dust by disenchanting now and getting them in packs later. The only incentive to forego disenchanting is laziness.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Just got from rank 8 to rank 5 with shaman...80% winrate. Went 12-3 on a big streak to it, deck is disgusting.

I ran into a handful of zoo decks and blew them all out. That matchup is so good now.

bjaelke

Even if the nerfed cards stay in the meta, you literally have nothing to lose by disenchanting them immediately once the nerfs go live. You can always recraft at no penalty. But if they get pushed out of the meta or become minor things not worth crafting, you can get bonus arcane dust by disenchanting now and getting them in packs later. The only incentive to forego disenchanting is laziness.

But there's a 2 week window to test them is what I'm saying.

rahji

because of my never changing warrior quests I finally made a self brew c'thun warrior. no veklor, no doomcaller, no sylvanas. but I see the fascination of that deck. It is so beatiful to skyrocket the armor count up. It is so versatile. I should have played that earlier. I guess I like warrior now...

Hey guys, need an advice.
I have Blackrock so I'm looking into buying either LoE or Medivh. I play mostly Warrior (Chtun/OTK), Mage, Shaman Aggro/Mid and I'm getting into Rouge (deathrattle Nzoth atm).

What's the better pick?

Dahbomb

I have Blackrock so I'm looking into buying either LoE or Medivh. I play mostly Warrior (Chtun/OTK), Mage, Shaman Aggro/Mid and I'm getting into Rouge (deathrattle Nzoth atm).

What's the better pick?
You mean buying Karazhan? Karazhan will be relevant longer in Standard but LoE has more density of stronger/usable cards right now.

For all those decks, Karazhan is probably better.

What's the better pick?

I can't imagine playing rogue without tomb pillager, let alone n'zoth rogue. So LOE is essential. And it also comes with unearthed raptor. And Reno if you want to try n'zoth reno rogue.

I would buy LOE now while it can still be played in standard. Yeah it rotates in a number of months (like 7 now? approximately speaking).

edit:
It also looks like N'zoth decks are gonna be strong in wild for quite a while, so it's not like LOE is suddenly irrelevant in 7 months. Just for standard.

Feel kinda bad going into Wild at rank 20 on the last day of the season but man it's so much easier to do quests this way.

I might do this. I am just sick of playing against shamans.

You mean buying Karazhan? Karazhan will be relevant longer in Standard but LoE has more density of stronger/usable cards right now.

For all those decks, Karazhan is probably better.

Yeah, I meant Karazhan.

Thanks for the advice, I'll look into the cards once more. But Brann/Reno/Elise look like a lot of fun to play and would integrate well with Chtun Warrior and with other cards into Rouge Deathrattle, which I can't play without some LoE cards effectively.

I might do this. I am just sick of playing against shamans.

Well, for what's it worth, I finished my Druid/Hunter Dominance quest in 5 games with N'Zoth Hunter and went from rank 20 to rank 16 doing it as I was already on a win streak when I started.

Also only faced one Shaman and I blew him out of the water. So much so that he sent me a friend request to complain about me playing Freezing Trap lol.

Well, for what's it worth, I finished my Druid/Hunter Dominance quest in 5 games with N'Zoth Hunter and went from rank 20 to rank 16 doing it as I was already on a win streak when I started.

Also only faced one Shaman and I blew him out of the water. So much so that he sent me a friend request to complain about me playing Freezing Trap lol.

First match... shaman...

great.

Granted, he is playing stormforged axe... and murlocs...

Played against the strangest Mage deck in Casual with Reno+Brewmaster. He used Arcane Giant and Effigy which gave him another Arcane Giant.

I spent too much time doing the math and ran out of time to OTK him with Savage Roar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom