• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT7/7| _ Give Tyrande | _ Blizzard: Give Amazon Money

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fuck Secret Keeper starts when I don't draw them.
Had the win 5 Paladin quest and went 5-2 both of those losses being turn 1 secret keeper coin secret.
The 2nd loss I almost stabilised when my opponent had exactly lethal.

alright got my tyrande, Also nice to throw in a free twitch sub, hopefully the sub still gets money from it

They do

What is Twitch Prime?

Here it is: Twitch Prime is a new premium experience on Twitch that is included with Amazon Prime. As a Twitch Prime member, you get free game loot every month, like instant access to the newest Hearthstone hero, Tyrande Whisperwind, or the new indie game, Streamline. You also receive discounts on new-release box games sold by Amazon during the pre-order period and for the first two weeks after launch. And on Twitch, once you link your Amazon Prime account to your Twitch account, you get an ad-free viewing experience, exclusive emotes and chat badge, and one free channel subscription every 30 days. When Twitch Prime members use their free channel subscription every month, the streamer gets paid just like any other subscription, so this introduces a new way to help support the streamers you love, even if you’ve never subscribed before. Or, you can just use it for crashing subscriber-only chat rooms. Your choice, boss! :)

patchday

Wow I'm such a stupid priest. I had Auchenai + Priest of Feast on board at same time. So every spell i was casting was hurting me. My Warrior opponent kept emoting (lol'ing at me). felt so good to see him all of a sudden go silent when I played Ragnaros. Rag got him down til I finally lethal'ed

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
I'd actually love to get other Hearthstone goodies this way. The game seems to be pretty important to amazon what with how it's also a game you can download through their store and use Prime coins on

KuroNeeko

Offer probably not available to those living in Japan.

If this is the only way to get her, then...yeah, that's gonna be a tough pill to swallow.

Edit: Oh, they're discussing alternate methods....I'm f'ing watching you, Blizzard.
This ain't no game...

hope there is a plan for everyone to get her. Cause she only reason I'm playing priest right now

Yeah, I'm going to play priest now because of her. Just need 80 more wins for gold hunter then I'll work on gold priest! Alleria was actually the reason I even started with hunter, lol.

KuroNeeko

I can't believe I'm going to log in and play other priests using Tyrande when I can't get her.

Talk about a slap in the face.

I guess the

Goddess is an American
Goddess is an American
Goddess is an American
Goddess is an American

patchday

people have no shame. had so many people concede (I mean go afk / rage quit) to my priest and my build is pure jank. all I got is my alexstraza / yogg / ragnaros gimmicks for late game

my build is pure troll / douchey tho to the fullest

Pooya

I'm wondering what they will do with Maiev, that's the one I really really want asap. I can't stand Valeera's embarrassing design and I play lots of rogue.

So far this year we had to do something different for every hero.

KuroNeeko

I'm wondering what they will do with Maiev, that's the one I really really want asap. I can't stand Valeera's embarrassing design and I play lots of rogue.

Maiev is the other one I'm really looking forward to, but do you really think they'll do another female elf? I mean, fine by me, I have to finish my fem elf set, but people probably want a dood, right? (Or a Forsaken)

How is Valeera embarrassing? I find her design the most appreciable.

Maiev is the other one I'm really looking forward to, but do you really think they'll do another female elf? I mean, fine by me, I have to finish my fem elf set, but people probably want a dood, right? (Or a Forsaken)
I'd love some Undead.

Played some wild today, got bored. Played arena today, mage mage mage mage... queue into standard. Shaman. Shaman. Rogue. Shaman. Shaman. Hunter. Shaman.

exaggerated: only played 3 standard so far

Pooya

How is Valeera embarrassing? I find her design the most appreciable.

I'd love some Undead.

Blood Elves are all weird, I'm just not into sexy revealing elf design I guess.

It's leaked, they're doing it. I guess HS team has their priorities...we have a single dwarf and no gnomes or undead, that no diversity.

IceMarker

We need better neutral heals in the evergreen sets. I say we buff the other Priestess of Elune.

KZJbfgP.jpg

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
goddamn i am so salty right now

used yogg at one health to clear this hunter's board (it was just two huffers) and try to stabilize, but yogg used mulch to hit one of the minions, and the minion it gave out was korkron elite for lethal

and before you even start, i'd be happy to drop yogg if someone can point out a priest deck that isn't complete ass

oh wait they're all complete ass

good job having a promotion for the worst class in the game blizzard, well done

patchday

wow priest is truly bad too me. Its fun trolling people and all- but she made me lose rank. had to switch back to my mage to set things right again and climb back to where I was.

Blood Elves are all weird, I'm just not into sexy revealing elf design I guess.

It's leaked, they're doing it. I guess HS team has their priorities...we have a single dwarf and no gnomes or undead, that no diversity.
I don't find her sexy, but I can see why others would. I like her femme fatale feel, and her quotes are the best of all the heroes. "The pleasure is mine!" It's fun every time.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
They shipped the game with 2 women and 7 men, three of which were Orcs, one Elf, one Night Elf, one Ogrim, and three humans (all of whom were white).

I think the game's initial hero direction was pretty clearly set before Blizzard's diversity directive was set, which makes sense given the game started four or so years before its unveil.

So far they've been addressing a mix of the lack of women and the race diversity separately, though not always with concerns for classes.

Post launch heroes:
- Medivh (Male Human Mage)
- Khadgar (Male Human Mage, though he was Apple exclusive, so I think that's why he seemed so redundant and lazy)
- Liadrin (Female Elf Paladin)
- Magni (Male Dwarf Warrior)
- Alleria (Female Elf Hunter)
- Morgl (Male Murloc Shaman)
- Tyrande (Female Night Elf Priest)
- Maiev (Female Night Elf Rogue?)

They've went from a 22:78 gender split with initial heroes to 50:50 with post launch heroes (and all the new women aren't showing cleavage, unless we're really picky about Tyrande), and 75% were in low representation races, though Miladesn is right in that a lot are still left out. I imagine we will see them hitting more on that next.

One of the issues though is that the IP base they have to work with is a bit limited, especially with characters who fit the classes. Heroes dig out super obscure characters and invented a lot of others to add diversity to the game, similar to what Blizzard had to do with Morgl or some of the adventures.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
They shipped the game with 2 women and 7 men, three of which were Orcs, one Elf, one Night Elf, one Ogrim, and three humans (all of whom were white).

I think the game's initial hero direction was pretty clearly set before Blizzard's diversity directive was set, which makes sense given the game started four or so years before its unveil.

So far they've been addressing a mix of the lack of women and the race diversity separately, though not always with concerns for classes.

Post launch heroes:
- Medivh (Male Human Mage)
- Khadgar (Male Human Mage, though he was Apple exclusive, so I think that's why he seemed so redundant and lazy)
- Liadrin (Female Elf Paladin)
- Magni (Male Dwarf Warrior)
- Alleria (Female Elf Hunter)
- Morgl (Male Murloc Shaman)
- Tyrande (Female Night Elf Priest)
- Maiev (Female Night Elf Rogue?)

They've went from a 22:78 gender split with initial heroes to 50:50 with post launch heroes (and all the new women aren't showing cleavage, unless we're really picky about Tyrande), and 75% were in low representation races, though Miladesn is right in that a lot are still left out. I imagine we will see them hitting more on that next.

One of the issues though is that the IP base they have to work with is a bit limited, especially with characters who fit the classes. Heroes dig out super obscure characters and invented a lot of others to add diversity to the game, similar to what Blizzard had to do with Morgl or some of the adventures.

Garona makes natural sense for a Rogue. Checks the box for another female hero and she's fairly unique in racial identity. I would really rather have her than Maiev.

For Druid, Hamuul Runetotem can check a box for racial diversity. We don't have any Tauren heroes right now. If we don't eventually get him I will probably riot.

Not sure what options they have for Warlock. Teron Gorefiend I guess, or maybe they'll just straight pick one of the named demons of the Burning Legion. They certainly don't have any famous female warlocks.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Garona makes natural sense for a Rogue. Checks the box for another female hero and she's fairly unique in racial identity. I would really rather have her than Maiev.

For Druid, Hamuul Runetotem can check a box for racial diversity. We don't have any Tauren heroes right now. If we don't eventually get him I will probably riot.

Not sure what options they have for Warlock. Teron Gorefiend I guess, or maybe they'll just straight pick one of the named demons of the Burning Legion. They certainly don't have any famous female warlocks.
The other consideration they're making is who is getting focus in Warcraft at the moment, and Maiev is being reintroduced as a larger character who fits at least some criteria.

I'm guessing Tyrande is getting a push in WoW soon too given she was also just given out for free in Heroes.

Levi

Banned
Used my free sub on VLPS. (I'm already subbed to Zalae and NaviOOT).

Don't forget to support a streamer you like with your free sub.

Just beat a shaman where when I used my first anyfin I only summoned 2 bluegill warriors (and a 2/1 warrior that spawned off maelstrom). Those 2 bluegill warriors carried me, cause it helped me clear a FTT and about 11 damage off the board.

I cannot wait for this update patch... but I fear the meta will barely shift tbh.

Mulgrok

This will be the first month when I will not reach rank 5, because I just don't feel much motivation to play. Rank 8 is where I stopped.

I just played god knows how many weapon users in a row. Basically the entire night I have played ranked I played weapons. Shaman, even rogue, hunters, control warriors, dragon warriors... I'm like damn, I'mma try acidic ooze out. I put oozes in... first class I face is a mage.

edit: 9 weapon users in a row, switch to oozes, mage.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
The other consideration they're making is who is getting focus in Warcraft at the moment, and Maiev is being reintroduced as a larger character who fits at least some criteria.

I'm guessing Tyrande is getting a push in WoW soon too given she was also just given out for free in Heroes.

They can reintroduce any hero they want at any time they want. It's not like Morgl was some important character in the lore.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
They can reintroduce any hero they want at any time they want. It's not like Morgl was some important character in the lore.

Right, but the idea is cross selling their players between their games.

Morgl also makes a ton of sense for the roll he's serving, which is pyramid scheme marketing, since that kind of character has pretty universal appeal, even among people who might not be playing or up on Warcraft lore.

9 weapons users in a row, switch to ooze... mage then druid. Babbling book gave him poly for tirion and then later he had another poly off cabalist's tome for warleader. Then he is in fatigue and plays yogg. His yogg is poly'd fast. Then astral communion. He is in fatigue but it decides to gang up the 4/2 charge... and brings me down to 1 hp and gives him about 3 more secrets.

Can't wait for this toxic stuff to go.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I hit fatigue with Tyrande and they didn't fix the text error that was in the promo vid. Still says "I am almost out of card."

Also priest is physically painful to play, so yeah.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom