• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT7/7| _ Give Tyrande | _ Blizzard: Give Amazon Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eddie Bax

Tried to push above Rank 10 to finish the season, but ran into three Malygos decks in a row that drew half their decks in the space of a few turns and prepped/ramped to spew it all out.

I mean, I know that's the point of those decks, but my arteries don't need that much salt in such a short period of time.

Dahbomb

I was already in Amazon Prime so this was free Tyrande for me.

Threw my coin for Kripp... finally a Kripp subscriber. I hope I don't miss the time that he bro fists me lol.

What the hell is this Blizzard?

hearthstonescreenshot00jt0.png

I don't live in the US, but I was able to get the Tyrande hero by making a US Amazon account, then linking it to my Twitch account. I just tried it out and it worked. Just make sure your billing address is in the US.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
What a hassle, but finally got Tyrande.

ZeroX03

Banned
If I had a playable Priest build I could be bothered to make a new Amazon account for Tyrande but this just seems like too much effort.

Xanathus

There isn't a time limit on the Tyrande skin with Twitch Prime right? I'm thinking of not getting it just yet because I don't want to waste the free 30-day Prime trial simply on this. It's not even like I'm gonna be playing Priest anytime soon.

Ken

There isn't a time limit on the Tyrande skin with Twitch Prime right? I'm thinking of not getting it just yet because I don't want to waste the free 30-day Prime trial simply on this. It's not even like I'm gonna be playing Priest anytime soon.

I thought I read nov5

Hmm maybe not nvm

Ken

No, you're right. It's only available until November 5th.

Ye I had to dig up the bnet page cause the twitch prime threaddidn't say

Ready to shine the light of Elune on your Hearthstone decks? Through November 5, you can add the new Priest hero, Tyrande Whisperwind, to your Hearthstone collection when you try Twitch Prime!

Pooya

She's available right until Blizzcon, that's kinda fishy, it doesn't end on Nov 1... I suspect they have something else for HS or another Blizzard game then that takes its place. Imagine having exclusive Overwatch skins and things like that, people go crazy over those. I'm guessing they have Blizzard on board as a regular, they're pushing it really hard. The other items aren't worth much otherwise.

---

Got yet another iceblock, I'm not dusting these, for a card that strong in the core set, they eventually have to change it.

KuroNeeko

I got Tyrande and really like her atmosphere and card back, but....I kinda miss Anduin's Wow and turn 2 Threaten emotes...

What am I gonna do?

Any comments on how to improve my Priest deck?
phoCoeA.png

Its a Summoning Stone / Medivh deck, basically stall till you have sufficient mana then drop Summoning stone / Medivh and get lots of extra value out of your spells. Since you have 6 board clears and plenty of single target removal, you usually have answers to their threats.

Against aggro, theres injured blade master + circle of healing, as well as resurrect to help you stabilise. After a couple of board clears, Priest of the feast + all the spells to heal back up.

Against control, 2 Entomb + 2 Mindcontrol means they are effectively -4 threats, and and you have + 4 threats. For example Nzoth is sad, if you take out Sylvanas and Cairne, leaving them nothing worthwhile to resurrect. 2 Mind Controls is really greedy, but worth it just to cast it on a Tirion/Rag/Other large creatures while Atiesh is out.

The main weakness is burst damage from Charge minions / spells since I don't have taunts and the only healing comes from Priest of the feast and hero power. Thinking of cutting some cards for Holy Fire / Justicar (which I don't own), but not sure what to cut.

Ladekabel

Lost to a Dragon Warrior because his Prince Malchezaar gave him a Yogg which Mind Visioned my Sylvanas and gave him an Infested Tauren from Journey to Below. Didn't even kill himself with 12 or so spells.

And I have the battle a friend quest. Wonderblue#2893, EU. Please no Hunter or Shaman.

KuroNeeko

Any comments on how to improve my Priest deck?
phoCoeA.png

Its a Summoning Stone / Medivh deck, basically stall till you have sufficient mana then drop Summoning stone / Medivh and get lots of extra value out of your spells. Since you have 6 board clears and plenty of single target removal, you usually have answers to their threats.

Against aggro, theres injured blade master + circle of healing, as well as resurrect to help you stabilise. After a couple of board clears, Priest of the feast + all the spells to heal back up.

Against control, 2 Entomb + 2 Mindcontrol means they are effectively -4 threats, and and you have + 4 threats. For example Nzoth is sad, if you take out Sylvanas and Cairne, leaving them nothing worthwhile to resurrect. 2 Mind Controls is really greedy, but worth it just to cast it on a Tirion/Rag/Other large creatures while Atiesh is out.

The main weakness is burst damage from Charge minions / spells since I don't have taunts and the only healing comes from Priest of the feast and hero power. Thinking of cutting some cards for Holy Fire / Justicar (which I don't own), but not sure what to cut.

It's hard to make a Priest deck that's good against everything. Your deck looks good against Control. If Control Paladin and or Warrior starts dominating the meta, you'll be in a decent spot.

Two Mind Controls is two too many in this meta. You already have two Entombs, Summoning Stones, Thoughtsteals, and Medivh, you don't need MC clogging your hand.

I love Summoning Stone, but it has huge flaws--especially in Priest.

1. Most of the time you're AoEing on turn 5.
2. Rarely will you ever have a board that can defend a 0/6. If you do, then you probably don't need SS.
3. You're not really running that many spells and most of them are reactive, meaning you need to have a SS on the board with one or more of their creatures.
4. SS sucks with Onyx Bishop.

Like I said, against control priest or warrior, you'll be in good shape, but everything else will just run you over unless you get an early IBM + Resurrect.

Overall, your list is just too too slow. It's most abusable aspect (the Rez package) is countered by the most played deck on ladder right now: midrange shaman and hex. Even Freeze Trap will ruin your BMs.

I'm don't know, it has a lot of good stuff. I guess I can try it out, but I think it's way too slow against Shaman, Hunter, and Tempo Mage, the AoE (outside of Circle Asp) is too weak against Totem Golem and Thing From Below.

I imagine your probably sitting around 40% with that list?

Justicar really helps against Hunter, but she doesn't help vs. Shaman.

Really nice if you can get the improved heal with an IBM on the board though.

Does Tyrande have the same voice over person as she does in WoW?

If so, like Hell am I creating a Twitch account and going through the hassle of linking some other websites thing to the thing that I just created that I'll never use and then remember to cancel the other thing before I get charged money.

Pooya

Does Tyrande have the same voice over person as she does in WoW?

If so, like Hell am I creating a Twitch account and going through the hassle of linking some other websites thing to the thing that I just created that I'll never use and then remember to cancel the other thing before I get charged money.

Yes, it's the same voice since Warcraft III.

I have hopes now that Meryl Silverburgh is back for Maiev too, she's in legion now. They probably got her to record bunch of lines for HS too, right..

Magnus

I went through the motions using my boyfriend's Amazon Prime account to activate a free trial for Twitch Prime (seems like it has its own cost over and above Amazon Prime in Canada...otherwise why would it be a '30-day free trial'?) and got a Tyrande code I just applied.

Can I now safely disable Twitch Prime and suffer no fees? lol

gutshot

Sweet, some Twitch streamer just lost out on $2.50 this month.
edit: thanks

edit2: whatever happened to those datamined extra emotes for Tyrande anyway?

The streamers still get paid when you use your free sub for the month.

I imagine the extra emotes are there just in case they ever decide to add more emotes.

bjaelke

I went through the motions using my boyfriend's Amazon Prime account to activate a free trial for Twitch Prime (seems like it has its own cost over and above Amazon Prime in Canada...otherwise why would it be a '30-day free trial'?) and got a Tyrande code I just applied.

Can I now safely disable Twitch Prime and suffer no fees? lol

It's free to keep as long as you have Amazon Prime

Xanathus

The streamers still get paid when you use your free sub for the month.

I imagine the extra emotes are there just in case they ever decide to add more emotes.

Since I got the code without getting Twitch Prime, I wouldn't be subbing to anyone hence a streamer lost out on a potential sub.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom