• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT7/7| _ Give Tyrande | _ Blizzard: Give Amazon Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keasar

Trying to play this game after a season reset is like trying to shave with a cheese grater, it only infuriates. They should keep every high rank players down at their high rank so us who haven't had as much chance to grind a hundred boosters and build optimal decks have at least a little chance to climb the first two ranks...

fertygo

Trying to play this game after a season reset is like trying to shave with a cheese grater, it only infuriates. They should keep every high rank players down at their high rank so us who haven't had as much chance to grind a hundred boosters and build optimal decks have at least a little chance to climb the first two ranks...

you may had argument if these legend player not grind with aggro shaman that so cheap

in fact if you seeing peep with deck with a lot of expensive card, you may rejoice because those deck is bad

A few months ago Brode said on stream that they think the ladder grind might be a bit too long right now. How incredible would it be if they changed it? I love that Duelyst starts you at rank 11 if you're S-Rank, and ranks 10 and 5 lock in progress so you can just chill and have fun for a while before trying to advance.

Ombala

As a player that has Priest as main and don't live in a prime country this new promotion is so disappointing.
Can't get it to work either when I'm changing adress etc.

KuroNeeko

As a player that has Priest as main and don't live in a prime country this new promotion is so disappointing.
Can't get it to work either when I'm changing adress etc.

There's a guide on Reddit that someone posted a few pages ago that takes you through the process step-by-step. It worked for me.

If that doesn't work, it's possible they'll make it possible for non-target countries via some other method in the future.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Does Tyrande have the same voice over person as she does in WoW?

If so, like Hell am I creating a Twitch account and going through the hassle of linking some other websites thing to the thing that I just created that I'll never use and then remember to cancel the other thing before I get charged money.

Passing it up also saves the free trial for when they have loot you do want, so it's not just about the hassle.

Miletius

Golden Avenging Wrath. Also Lowly Squire and Loot Hoarder. I'm digging it, pretty nice rewards this month, even though AW isn't all that playable. Love the animation though.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Sweet, some Twitch streamer just lost out on $2.50 this month.
edit: thanks

edit2: whatever happened to those datamined extra emotes for Tyrande anyway?
Most of the characters have a lot of unused emotes recorded.

Wow for example was recorded a long time ago, which is how they could just swap out Sorry.

Keasar

A few months ago Brode said on stream that they think the ladder grind might be a bit too long right now. How incredible would it be if they changed it? I love that Duelyst starts you at rank 11 if you're S-Rank, and ranks 10 and 5 lock in progress so you can just chill and have fun for a while before trying to advance.

That has been a very big improvement overall when it comes to Duelyst, only bothersome part have been when you're new and you actually reach rank 10, its basically like hitting the Berlin wall and being told to go through it in terms of difficulty.

manhack

That has been a very big improvement overall when it comes to Duelyst, only bothersome part have been when you're new and you actually reach rank 10, its basically like hitting the Berlin wall and being told to go through it in terms of difficulty.

Yeah I think if they locked in progress at certain points and started legend players higher (10 or 5), then it would be much more of an incentive to grind.

Dahbomb

That's how it should be to be honest. Most Legend players don't belong at worse than rank 10. This is what leads to gold farming and new players getting whooped by older players.

Someone like me should never be starting at rank 16-17 because there are people using struggle decks at that rank trying to get their highest ever (like rank 10). I just end up coco blocking them for no reason, they are clearly not on the same level.

wiibomb

this rewards are actually very good for me, I didn't had burgle and this enables me to be close enough to the build a burgle rogue, so I think I'll craft that deck.

I already had the other 2, so at least I got some nice dust.

EDIT: I also got a third feral rage yesterday as an arena rewards he he (pretty shitty since it wasn't even golden)

LlLSBx0.png

I hope the meta changes drastically but I seriously doubt it will. I think the most likely outcome is shaman, hunter, warrior. The gap between the top decks and the rest will be a little less I suppose.

I think we'll be facing a lot of 90hp warriors. I might bust out control warrior with malchezzar if that is the case.

I dunno, some of these are really questionable. Like a 2/2 battlecry 1 damage for 2 mana isn't a bad card. I think it could easily see play.

You could really do the same thing with good cards, and their power level wouldn't be significantly different. Like if Ysera was 4/13. Make ragnaros a 10/8. Deathwing a 13/13. Even 4 mana 7/7 could be 8/7 and it really changes very little.

1 stat can make a difference, but it often doesn't make a big change. Sometimes it makes a big difference, because changing 1 stat on a 2 mana minion is a big deal. a 1/2 becoming a 1/1 is losing 1/3rd of it's stats.

Levi

Banned
So on my EU account, over the last week I've: opened two Preps, got a golden Conceal and stacked two Rogue quests.

I think the game is trying to tell me something.

Rogue is by far my least played class, so I resisted for a long time, but finally broke down. Crafted a few rares I needed and adapted a Chessdude list into:

L9NHLyw.png

And here's a snippet of my first game with it:

uF3Svsc.jpg

I drew my whole deck and had an easy lethal the next turn. Overall went 3-0 (against garbage decks though, Cthun Druid, Priest and Nzoth Rogue).

Too bad Shaman will spoil my fun if I keep up with it, but it was a fun way to waste some time while I wait for the nerfs to go live.

Dahbomb

I dunno, some of these are really questionable. Like a 2/2 battlecry 1 damage for 2 mana isn't a bad card. I think it could easily see play.

You could really do the same thing with good cards, and their power level wouldn't be significantly different. Like if Ysera was 4/13. Make ragnaros a 10/8. Deathwing a 13/13. Even 4 mana 7/7 could be 8/7 and it really changes very little.

1 stat can make a difference, but it often doesn't make a big change. Sometimes it makes a big difference, because changing 1 stat on a 2 mana minion is a big deal. a 1/2 becoming a 1/1 is losing 1/3rd of it's stats.
I mean it was clearly a parody video.

He put it out because the people don't like to see these blatant power creep cards over basic garbage cards in expansions.

I know some people are fine with these blatant power creep cards but that always represents a card that could've been something unique/different instead.

Finalow

even though I don't really play Priest (might change my mind when they make the class OP with the next expansion) I don't mind free heroes. she looks nice

ranked rewards were *meh*, no nerfed card as expected and the golden epic one was Forbidden Flame, don't have a single copy of it so I'll probably keep it, as far as I know it saw some play in tempo Mage decks.

Yeah I've had enough of Blizzard's boring and uninspired bad cards in expansions and adventures. I'm fine with bad cards, but at least make them interesting. More Renounce Darkness, less Am'gam Rager.

https://hsreplay.net/replay/a42rihQuvMBcpWLtpB7rnN

First match with control paladin vs shaman.

This guy rage quit after my MCT stole his thunderbluff. (1 mana TFB lul balanced)

edit:
Also for the record, he won way more 1/4s than I did. Got spellpower totem at appropriate times, got taunt totem at appropriate times.

He put it out because the people don't like to see these blatant power creep cards over basic garbage cards in expansions.

I know some people are fine with these blatant power creep cards but that always represents a card that could've been something unique/different instead.

Yeah it's a parody video but does that make my points any less valid? Parody videos still have points, they aren't meaningless. He made his point very clear and I responded.

Start of the season Duelyst is pretty tough, but I hit rank 10 on the first day with my so-low-tier-it's-not-on-tier-lists deck. :-D

That's how it should be to be honest. Most Legend players don't belong at worse than rank 10. This is what leads to gold farming and new players getting whooped by older players.

Someone like me should never be starting at rank 16-17 because there are people using struggle decks at that rank trying to get their highest ever (like rank 10). I just end up coco blocking them for no reason, they are clearly not on the same level.
I'm rank 20 now, lol.

I felt like his main issue was that the power creep cards are still terrible. That's why they're worthy of disdain. I enjoyed the video.

Dahbomb

Yeah it's a parody video but does that make my points any less valid? Parody videos still have points, they aren't meaningless. He made his point very clear and I responded.
Yeah I don't agree with his points that changing up stats here and there on bad cards does not make them a lot better.

A lot of cards in the game are on the razor's edge of balance. You change one stat on them and they may go from garbage to over powered. Or the other way around, you change an over powered card's stat by one and it may become unusable. He said you could add a stat to Pompous Thespian and it would still not see play, I disagree as if it was a 3/3 Taunt then it would be crazy good.

There is usually a tipping point with these things. And it's not just constructed considerations but in Arena as well, stats here and there make a big deal in Arena.

Like for example, he made that Nightblade into a 4 mana 4/4 Deal 3 damage to face. That is actually a very good Aggro card, for 1 stat you get a Sinister Strike for free. Like if Blizzard printed that card, he would be the first one in there complaining about dominance of aggro and he's the one who made the card!

JesseZao

Kripp's tongue-in-cheek intent was stated in the vid. Blizzard ignores the the crazy cards that the community comes up with, so if we promote and create "terrible" power creep cards, then Blizzard will stop printing them.

Yeah I don't agree with his points that changing up stats here and there on bad cards does not make them a lot better.

A lot of cards in the game are on the razor's edge of balance. You change one stat on them and they may go from garbage to over powered. Or the other way around, you change an over powered card's stat by one and it may become unusable. He said you could add a stat to Pompous Thespian and it would not see play, I disagree as if it was a 3/3 Taunt then it would be crazy good.

There is usually a tipping point with these things. And it's not just constructed considerations but in Arena as well, stats here and there make a big deal in Arena.

I think a 3/3 taunt would see play. Just a 3/3 vanilla minion might see play.

Kripp's tongue-in-cheek intent was stated in the vid. Blizzard ignores the the crazy cards that the community comes up with, so if we promote and create "terrible" power creep cards, then Blizzard will stop printing them.

I won't really dispute the entirety of his point. Some of it I agree with. Some is not as clear as he tries to make it out to be. Like a 1 mana cheaper ironforge rifleman might actually be a decent card. It's like an ichor without the restriction (of course 1 mana higher but not every class has ichor). Or a elven archer but a sturdier body. Perhaps compare to cruel taskmaster without the sometimes downside of not being playable except to finish a target.

And then there is arena. Yeah, pompous thesbian deserved to be in a large expansion. Adding these boring minions in an expansion is not a great idea, but a 3/2 taunt for 2 mana doesn't bother me at all and it's not power creep and we actually had a stronger 3/2 taunt (druid class card + mech) that didn't see significant play. Even a non-constructed worthy card is alright for arena, granted a 3/2 taunt is not much better than a 3/2 vanilla even there.

I agree that average cards are wasted opportunities, but it's not like they don't have any place in the game I think. 3/2 taunt could be playable in a bolster warrior deck, if that was a good list. And then there are all the people who makes decks not just to hit a high winrate.

Dahbomb

Yeah that was the intent.

Also power crept cards are dumb in a digital card game. Main defense for these awful cards is that it feels like a progression for a player skill wise when they realize that Evil Heckler is better than Booty Bay. I would argue that it makes the overall game worse in the eyes of the average player but whatever.

I am fine with a few awful cards especially awful cards with flavor or interesting texts. And some cards can be awful as like the yardstick for awful cards like Magma Rager. But there are a few too many awful cards in the game that should've been rectified a long time ago.

Xanathus

I think I might play Wild for rank 5 this season because it's going to be pointless to play any class but Shaman/Druid/Warrior on standard ladder even after the nerfs and I already have golden classes for them. Nzoth Priest should be some good times on Wild ladder.

Yeah that was the intent.

Also power crept cards are dumb in a digital card game. Main defense for these awful cards is that it feels like a progression for a player skill wise when they realize that Evil Heckler is better than Booty Bay. I would argue that it makes the overall game worse in the eyes of the average player but whatever.

I am fine with a few awful cards especially awful cards with flavor or interesting texts. And some cards can be awful as like the yardstick for awful cards like Magma Rager. But there are a few too many awful cards in the game that should've been rectified a long time ago.
You need the awful cards for the various RNG effects that spawn them. Tuskarr Totemic is considerably worse in wild than it is in standard.

Dahbomb

You need the awful cards for the various RNG effects that spawn them. Tuskarr Totemic is so much worse in wild than it is in standard.
The counter to that is to have cards with negative effects or stats built into the battlecry. The Vitality Totem itself isn't even that awful of a card, it can actually save you in some games.

If there was a 2 mana 1/1 Totem that dealt 2 damage to the enemy on Battlecry (so like a Maelstrom Portal).. that greatly nerfs Tuskar Totemic.

Another way is to have negative Deathrattles like Darnassus Aspirant, Deathlord etc. These cards are good but if you get them off a Deathrattle effect they are really bad.

But the issue of RNG is a completely separate issue. You really do not want such a huge delta of variance in RNG where you can get a game losing card on the spot vs a game winning card. I think after these nerfs Blizzard may have finally learned that lesson.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
haha no seriously has anybody seen a good priest deck anywhere because this is insane

Fishlake

i'm not wasting dust crafting cards I can't use in standard

You don't have to if you have N'zoth you can make a good deck without lightbomb. Priest is scary in wild. If you don't have any wild cards though I can see why you would not want to start crafting them. It may be worth doing though for easy quests and a variety of metas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom