• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT7/7| _ Give Tyrande | _ Blizzard: Give Amazon Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mulgrok

I wonder what if they consider ice block poorly designed since they had to include a neutral anti-secret card in rotation to counter it. The only card that they have to print a specific neutral counter against.

Dahbomb

I wonder what if they consider ice block poorly designed since they had to include a neutral anti-secret card in rotation to counter it. The only card that they have to print a specific counter against.
You always need a Secret counter in the neutral option. It makes too much sense not too. It's as essential as Spellbreaker, Blood Knight, BGH, Doomsayer, Ooze and MCT.

Though Eater of Secrets was made specifically to counter Mysterious Challenger. Kezan Mystic was the actual Ice Block counter.

You always need a Secret counter in the neutral option. It makes too much sense not too. It's as essential as Spellbreaker, Blood Knight, BGH, Doomsayer, Ooze and MCT.

Though Eater of Secrets was made specifically to counter Mysterious Challenger. Kezan Mystic was the actual Ice Block counter.

It's not like secrets were really OP in classic. In naxx they had mad scientist which made secrets at that point probably need a counter.

Plus secret eater best yogg saron counter Kappa

Eater of Secrets is a bad MC counter.

Control Paladin is doing me work. 5-0 so far. Just schooled a control warrior in how to play control mirrors. He played sylvanas, I gave him an acolyte. He was losing by a lot. Then he played ironforge portal and it gave him that 4 mana loot hoarder. He was like 6 draws ahead going into fatigue and even with golden monkey he had zero chance to win.

Here is the replay. https://hsreplay.net/uploads/upload/MZ7eSDhcAueKMfrGYm4UH6/?utm_source=hdt

There were a few situations when things were a little shakey. I probably hero powered once too many times cause you can't just mindlessly tap hero power as paladin as you don't really want a full board. And once I traded wrong, I needed to sacrifice more 1/1s to get murloc knights to spawn murlocs, but he brawled anyway so no difference at all.

It is, which just shows you how broken MC is.

Everyone in Wild is running Eater of Secret and Secret Paladin still the best deck.

I haven't seen a single eater of secret yesterday when I played like 30 games of wild, so I'm not sure that is true. I also played control mage with ice block and duplicate, so they had motive to play that card if it was in hand.

Tomcat

Eater of Secrets is a bad MC counter.

No it isn't. It's not great but it gets the job done. And with freeze mage secret paladin and mid hunter in wild It's useful. Last season after got rank 5 on standard got rank 5 easily in wild too having teched a secret eater on my nzoth priest. It literally won me matches against freeze mage and Sp.

No it isn't. It's not great but it gets the job done. And with freeze mage secret paladin and mid hunter in wild It's useful. Last season after got rank 5 on standard got rank 5 easily in wild too having teched a secret eater on my nzoth priest. It literally won me matches against freeze mage and Sp.
If you can win off of it yes but it's not good as a comeback mechanic.
It is, which just shows you how broken MC is.

Everyone in Wild is running Eater of Secret and Secret Paladin still the best deck.
Yup. Still got my 6/6 and he spend his turn playing a vanilla creature.

Rez priest was boring as fuck. So I tried dragon priest instead, I'm having much better games and it's not as boring. I did have to dust a few things because I needed a Chillmaw, but it was worth it.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
I love playing Dragon Priest. It plays at the pace the game feels best to play as. It doesn't do anything degenerate. You get to play small stuff, medium sized stuff, and big stuff, but it's not some kind of ridiculous as fuck tempo deck that relies on being aggressive and gets countered by decks that are even more aggressive. It's the game of Hearthstone at its best.

Which is why it pisses me the fuck off when some stupid ass inconsistent fatigue deck shows up and burns all my win conditions and answers fucking everything I can put down and makes me feel as powerless as a homeless person who's masturbating in the alley. My winrate with this deck is already not super great because it's not as powerful as the top meta decks, but then you have to play some piece of shit fringe deck like fatigue to ruin my fun. That's what fatigue decks feel like to me. They feel like the fun-police, because they counter all of the interesting and fun decks but get run over by all the unfun and brainless aggro decks.

KuroNeeko

I love playing Dragon Priest. It plays at the pace the game feels best to play as. It doesn't do anything degenerate. You get to play small stuff, medium sized stuff, and big stuff, but it's not some kind of ridiculous as fuck tempo deck that relies on being aggressive and gets countered by decks that are even more aggressive. It's the game of Hearthstone at its best.

Which is why it pisses me the fuck off when some stupid ass inconsistent fatigue deck shows up and burns all my win conditions and answers fucking everything I can put down and makes me feel as powerless as a homeless person who's masturbating in the alley. My winrate with this deck is already not super great because it's not as powerful as the top meta decks, but then you have to play some piece of shit fringe deck like fatigue to ruin my fun. That's what fatigue decks feel like to me. They feel like the fun-police, because they counter all of the interesting and fun decks but get run over by all the unfun and brainless aggro decks.

Yep. Beginning of the season brings out the mill druid / rogue decks.

Then there are the lamer freeze mages.

Fair and balanced has no place in HS.

manhack

Yeah I went 3 - 12 with Priest last night before reset. I lost to so many decks that would get destroyed by anything other than Priest. Also Yogg.

Vellen/maly priest actually looks pretty good. Wild pyro combos to clear boards and draw, similar to how warrior does it which is just the classic style of playing priest. Vellen or malygos to enable high damage finisher, arcane golem to apply pressure or as an alt win condition, and yogg.

Looks stronger than res priest or dragon priest in this shaman meta.

manhack

Beginning of season in a nutshell:

TjFz9pF.png

If you like Priest, just play Wild. I got to rank 5 relatively smoothly as Wild N'zoth Priest last season and had a blast doing it. Standard is a hellhole and not worth touching st all as Priest except maybe dragon Priest.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
If you like Priest, just play Wild. I got to rank 5 relatively smoothly as Wild N'zoth Priest last season and had a blast doing it. Standard is a hellhole and not worth touching st all as Priest except maybe dragon Priest.

What list did you use? I'm trying to learn it right now.

fertygo

Lesser known streamer but great player stream is the best, following muzzy to get the fastest legend in 28 hour is great ride

I used to run Shifting Shade but found it too slow. I cut it for Doomsayers. I dropped 2x Northshire Clerics to make room for the Forbidden Shaping which give me a little more flexibility. I would like to find room for Priest of the Feast but I'm not sure what I'd drop.

Where is your dark cultists?

Asbel

Yep. Beginning of the season brings out the mill druid / rogue decks.

Then there are the lamer freeze mages.

Fair and balanced has no place in HS.
There's a difference between mill and fatigue. Mill has interesting combos. Fatigue is all no fun reactive cards. Fatigue makes me like an aggro meta.

vall03

I don't usually play Ranked and I only play enough to reach Rank 20 every month. I've been playing for a few hours now and I can't reach Rank 20. What the hell are Tier 1 metadecks doing below Rank 20? What the fuck is this bullshit?! The nerf patch can't come soon enough... *sigh*

Dahbomb

I don't usually play Ranked and I only play enough to reach Rank 20 every month. I've been playing for a few hours now and I can't reach Rank 20. What the hell are Tier 1 metadecks doing below Rank 20? What the fuck is this bullshit?! The nerf patch can't come soon enough... *sigh*
The ladder just reset so a bunch of players who were higher ranks are now at very low ranks at the moment.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.

Season reset is always really rough for new players. They send people back way too far, I made rank 5 and get put to 17...so naturally other people in the same rank win or lose and may derank down and crush newer players.

It's pretty lame Blizz still haven't made this less of an issue. I've been playing the game for years and usually hold off much for the first week or two, but then I'm basically way underranked and blow through people which kinda sucks.

Ima try this since I just got the new priest hero. I love priest and yeah, even the best priest deck will get shit on by almost any random shit deck in standard. Wild it is!

"Sorry! Twitch Prime isn’t available in your country."

Fuck, I really wanted Tyrande. Looks like I'll never be able to get her since I don't like VPN tricks when it comes to things with money.

"Sorry! Twitch Prime isn’t available in your country."

Fuck, I really wanted Tyrande. Looks like I'll never be able to get her since I don't like VPN tricks when it comes to things with money.

Well, there should be minimal risk because tyrande comes from a code. Whatever trouble you might get into would be with twitch/amazon and it's not like they can charge you. So just get a trial and cancel before the trial is up.

The other thing of import is that tyrande will probably be available with other methods. I think they'll sell it or perhaps another promo.

Well, there should be minimal risk because tyrande comes from a code. Whatever trouble you might get into would be with twitch/amazon and it's not like they can charge you. So just get a trial and cancel before the trial is up.

The other thing of import is that tyrande will probably be available with other methods. I think they'll sell it or perhaps another promo.

Thanks for words of encouragement, but it's already "available" through Twitch Prime. I'm not expecting Blizz to make it available via other means, just like the Shaman hero.

Edit-- I'm not going to risk going around these country restrictions even if the risk is non-existent. It's a principle thing combined with career I'm in.

It's hard to make a Priest deck that's good against everything. Your deck looks good against Control. If Control Paladin and or Warrior starts dominating the meta, you'll be in a decent spot.

Two Mind Controls is two too many in this meta. You already have two Entombs, Summoning Stones, Thoughtsteals, and Medivh, you don't need MC clogging your hand.

I love Summoning Stone, but it has huge flaws--especially in Priest.

1. Most of the time you're AoEing on turn 5.
2. Rarely will you ever have a board that can defend a 0/6. If you do, then you probably don't need SS.
3. You're not really running that many spells and most of them are reactive, meaning you need to have a SS on the board with one or more of their creatures.
4. SS sucks with Onyx Bishop.

Like I said, against control priest or warrior, you'll be in good shape, but everything else will just run you over unless you get an early IBM + Resurrect.

Overall, your list is just too too slow. It's most abusable aspect (the Rez package) is countered by the most played deck on ladder right now: midrange shaman and hex. Even Freeze Trap will ruin your BMs.

I'm don't know, it has a lot of good stuff. I guess I can try it out, but I think it's way too slow against Shaman, Hunter, and Tempo Mage, the AoE (outside of Circle Asp) is too weak against Totem Golem and Thing From Below.

I imagine your probably sitting around 40% with that list?

Justicar really helps against Hunter, but she doesn't help vs. Shaman.

Really nice if you can get the improved heal with an IBM on the board though.

Thanks for all the feedback, as well as everyone else that commented.

Win rate wise, I'm not too sure. I only play enough to get my dailies done and I try to stack them so that all 3 are getting progress when I play. Its certainly doing well enough that any priest quests get completed fairly quickly. I only hover round rank 15 though. In the end its a fun deck with a decent win rate, I'm certainly not claiming it will take people to Legend. Its also a very budget friendly deck, since its almost all cards from the base set and adventures, only expensive thing is Sylvanas and she's easily replaceable with another Onyx Bishop.

I think its a deck that really has to be tried, since it plays very differently from most of the tempo decks out there. The Rez package is actually secondary, its just the best early game I can find for priest (Dragon is probably better, but I don't have the cards). Its actually fairly normal to fall to 12-15 life before stabilising. Priest AOE is fairly weak, but 3 straight turns of AOE does ok to run aggro decks out of gas.

On Mindcontrol, I think the reason I find it does really well is because people are not expecting it. They play around 2 Entombs and Shadow Word Death, and once they get used up, they pretty much start dropping bombs onto the board, which is when Mind Control comes in. Otherwise, you run out of answers to things like Tirion, High Mane, etc. Especially if you have Atiesh, even something like a Thing for Below is worth it.

On Summoning Stone: You don't play it on 5 mana unless you haven't played any other creatures so that it dies and allows you to play Resurrect + removal. If they ignore it then you can go ahead and play your removal anyway. Typically you play it on Turns 8, 9, 10 in conjunction with shadow word Death, Shadow Nova, Excavated Evil. With an Emperor tick, you can do stuff like Summoning stone + entomb. Priest removal is generally bad, because it takes all your mana and the opponent gets a chance to drop something against your nonexistent board. Summoning Stone means A: they likely have to play removal if they can't immediately get rid of it, since you really snowball if unanswered, and B: your spells become Firelands Portal, so you get a bunch of minions to attempt to get board control

Thanks again for all the feedback!

KuroNeeko

Thanks for all the feedback, as well as everyone else that commented.

Win rate wise, I'm not too sure. I only play enough to get my dailies done and I try to stack them so that all 3 are getting progress when I play. Its certainly doing well enough that any priest quests get completed fairly quickly. I only hover round rank 15 though. In the end its a fun deck with a decent win rate, I'm certainly not claiming it will take people to Legend. Its also a very budget friendly deck, since its almost all cards from the base set and adventures, only expensive thing is Sylvanas and she's easily replaceable with another Onyx Bishop.

I think its a deck that really has to be tried, since it plays very differently from most of the tempo decks out there. The Rez package is actually secondary, its just the best early game I can find for priest (Dragon is probably better, but I don't have the cards). Its actually fairly normal to fall to 12-15 life before stabilising. Priest AOE is fairly weak, but 3 straight turns of AOE does ok to run aggro decks out of gas.

On Mindcontrol, I think the reason I find it does really well is because people are not expecting it. They play around 2 Entombs and Shadow Word Death, and once they get used up, they pretty much start dropping bombs onto the board, which is when Mind Control comes in. Otherwise, you run out of answers to things like Tirion, High Mane, etc. Especially if you have Atiesh, even something like a Thing for Below is worth it.

On Summoning Stone: You don't play it on 5 mana unless you haven't played any other creatures so that it dies and allows you to play Resurrect + removal. If they ignore it then you can go ahead and play your removal anyway. Typically you play it on Turns 8, 9, 10 in conjunction with shadow word Death, Shadow Nova, Excavated Evil. With an Emperor tick, you can do stuff like Summoning stone + entomb. Priest removal is generally bad, because it takes all your mana and the opponent gets a chance to drop something against your nonexistent board. Summoning Stone means A: they likely have to play removal if they can't immediately get rid of it, since you really snowball if unanswered, and B: your spells become Firelands Portal, so you get a bunch of minions to attempt to get board control

Thanks again for all the feedback!

I'll give it a shot. I'm open to pretty much anything at this point.

Even Tides gave up on Priest, but I've only got about 80 wins to go till 500.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Looks like Tides got mentally broken by playing priest for 10 hours. I saw him talking about shaving his eyebrows on stream a little bit before he stopped...he was still rank 9, which is what he was at 2 hours into his 20 hour stream before Priest.

Holy shit.

Looks like Tides got mentally broken by playing priest for 10 hours. I saw him talking about shaving his eyebrows on stream a little bit before he stopped...he was still rank 9, which is what he was at 2 hours into his 20 hour stream before Priest.

Holy shit.

Yeah, I watched him for a few hours until he finally gave up on priest. It was brutal, like almost every game was against Shaman.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom