• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT7/7| _ Give Tyrande | _ Blizzard: Give Amazon Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kornflayx

Blizzard really needs to implement auto-squelch. I forgot the squelch my opponent the last time and I was instantly reminded why I do it.

"Thank You" "Thank You" "Thank You" "Thank You" "Thank You"

Ladekabel

Do you guys think they'll ever do a sale on the hero portraits? Kinda want Magni but it isn't worth 10€ to me and I know that a week after I buy it the price will be reduced.

Pooya

Do you guys think they'll ever do a sale on the hero portraits? Kinda want Magni but it isn't worth 10€ to me and I know that a week after I buy it the price will be reduced.

They came out in June 2015! probably not at this point. What's more likely is that they include them with different products instead. Like Medivh is included with Warcraft bluray now.

Yesterday at twtichcon, Kibler was interviewing, Ben Thompson. He was talking about Tyrande. I'm quoting here.

"Tyrande is the first hero that we're attaching to something, or the hero that we are attaching to twitchprime". Note the "first". So I think going forward heroes will just be for various promotions. Even Khadgar is apparently coming back according to some Chinese sources at some point.

I bought all the heroes with various amazon coin and credit promotions, practically paid nothing for them, you should look out for those.

Where is your dark cultists?

They're great early game, but I never found their Deathrattle super useful after they are summoned from N'zoth. Should I be running them? I have no idea what I'd cut.

Ima try this since I just got the new priest hero. I love priest and yeah, even the best priest deck will get shit on by almost any random shit deck in standard. Wild it is!

Good luck.

Ladekabel

Because Malygos is one of my favorite cards I wanted to play Malyogg Druid. Wasn't very successful with it. Netdecked a Token Druid and it was much more fun for me. Violet Teacher + PotW is one of my favorite interactions. Since I don't have Mulch I subbed it for a Moonglade Portal which had some pretty good results so far. Though I only played it around Rank 20 so I've got to see how it performs once I get to higher ranks.

They came out in June 2015! probably not at this point. What's more likely is that they include them with different products instead. Like Medivh is included with Warcraft bluray now.

Yesterday at twtichcon, Kibler was interviewing, Ben Thompson. He was talking about Tyrande. I'm quoting here.

"Tyrande is the first hero that we're attaching to something, or the hero that we are attaching to twitchprime". Note the "first". So I think going forward heroes will just be for various promotions. Even Khadgar is apparently coming back according to some Chinese sources at some point.

I bought all the heroes with various amazon coin and credit promotions, practically paid nothing for them, you should look out for those.

I almost bought the Warcraft BluRay yesterday. Even though I enjoyed the movie my main reason would have been Medivh. Already have Khadgar. 5€ was as much as I would have pay for a hero portrait.

Can I use Amazon Coins in Germany?

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"

They've never put anything on sale directly. Best bet is to wait for an Amazon coin promotion and you might get a few bucks off.

When your opponent draws 2 lightning storms and a maelstrom portal and you nill. Shaman is so infuriating to play against even when playing shaman, stuck at 12 now for forever.

but you could have bought packs / arena runs or coming adventures with it effectively paying the same.

patchday

Just subbed my man Thijs with twitch prime free sub. Went with him cause he doesnt curse much if at all. Theres some other nice streamers like that too (like maybe Amaz,Trump, and kripp) so it was a toughie. I like TidesOfTime a lot too but he curses a lot (at least he was a lot last night after getting tilt by Tyrande)

I have small children. Even tho I have a man cave still dont want them to hear too much foul language if I left my door open...

So a note to any aspiring streamers. A lot of parents might be eager to support if you keep it on a professional level as much as possible

tamminen

Just subbed my man Thijs with twitch prime free sub. Went with him cause he doesnt curse much if at all. Theres some other nice streamers like that too (like maybe Amaz,Trump, and kripp) so it was a toughie. I like TidesOfTime a lot too but he curses a lot (at least he was a lot last night after getting tilt by Tyrande)

I have small children. Even tho I have a man cave still dont want them to hear too much foul language if I left my door open...

So a note to any aspiring streamers. A lot of parents might be eager to support if you keep it on a professional level as much as possible

I curse like a dirty sailor myself but I really like streamers who keep their stream clean and friendly. If I cared enough about this prime thingie Id give my sub to Trump. With all the autism and tuck frump spam he keeps focusing on positive things and its like the spam didnt even exist.

Anyway. Ive never played a Cthun deck and I wanna try it out. What class should I pick and is Reno Cthun a viable option? I once considered the warrior deck with heavy card rotation and style almost similar to patron but Im not sure I wanna go with that one.

bjaelke

A lot of people have used their Twitch Prime to sub to Thijs. I think he reached around 1700 subs since the promotion went live. That's $4,250 just this weekend...

Levi

Banned
A lot of people have used their Twitch Prime to sub to Thijs. I think he reached around 1700 subs since the promotion went live. That's $4,250 just this weekend...

Nice payday for the big names, but I recommend supporting a smaller streamer, put your free sub somewhere it'll actually make a difference.

Pooya

All the streamer that actually went to twitchcon missed out on all the benefits. lol

Everyone that is streaming this weekend is getting tons of subs. Even lesser known ones like zetalot is getting one left and right right now.

ZealousD

All the streamer that actually went to twitchcon missed out on all the benefits. lol

Everyone that is streaming this weekend is getting tons of subs. Even lesser known ones like zetalot is getting one left and right right now.

People only get one sub. I think there will be people who will hold on until their favorite streamer comes back. I know I'm waiting for Kibler to do a stream before I sub to him.

They're great early game, but I never found their Deathrattle super useful after they are summoned from N'zoth. Should I be running them? I have no idea what I'd cut.

Not sure if you should or not. They seem really good for snowballing early though. They practically need to be removed or you get some guaranteed buffs on your turn if you trade it in after playing a minion.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Secret Paladin in wild is much closer to midrange hunter than midrange shaman.

It wins against a good amount of decks, there are a ton of them, it is easy to play, sticky minions, but lots of decks counter it.

The midrange shaman of wild is midrange shaman.

Secret Paladin in wild is much closer to midrange hunter than midrange shaman.

It wins against a good amount of decks, there are a ton of them, it is easy to play, sticky minions, but lots of decks counter it.

The midrange shaman of wild is midrange shaman.

midrange shaman in wild? The times I bullied that deck I was sure they just forgot to switch back.

Dahbomb

You just put two Shredders, a Loatheb and Dr Balanced in your Midrange Shaman deck (maybe a Belcher too) and suddenly it's a god like deck in Wild too. Though usually people playing Shaman decks in Wild just bring their Standard deck to Wild because it's enough to carry them occasionally.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
The two legendaries I definitely have to craft for wild are loatheb and boom. But man malganys seems like a lot of fun.

Also, Implosion really is one of the worst designed cards. If you roll low on damage it should roll high on the number of imps and vice versa. And even then the card sucks.

New dragon deck:

o0qMQLy.png

edit:

Hah, fuck freeze mage

https://hsreplay.net/replay/nzosUvdVyDTEmykXg9s6Yi

Cancer deck since 2013.

Dre

New dragon deck:

http://i.imgur.com/o0qMQLy.png[IMG]

edit:

Hah, fuck freeze mage

[url]https://hsreplay.net/replay/nzosUvdVyDTEmykXg9s6Yi[/url]

Cancer deck since 2013.[/QUOTE]

How are you faring with only 6 dragons in your deck?
From my experience 8 dragons are the sweet spot, any less and you'll just struggle more than not with your Corruptors, Guardians etc.
Besides is Deathwing even worth it? None of the dragons he can put on the battlefield will trigger their Battlecry. Even Chillmaw isn't that useful since she cannot active her Deathrattle effect without dragons in your hand.

How are you faring with only 6 dragons in your deck?
From my experience 8 dragons are the sweet spot, any less and you'll just struggle more than not with your Corruptors, Guardians etc.
Besides is Deathwing even worth it? None of the dragons he can put on the battlefield will trigger their Battlecry. Even Chillmaw isn't that useful since she cannot active her Deathrattle effect without dragons in your hand.

Chillmaw and deathwing are both deathrattles for N'zoth. I'm not really worried about getting chillmaw's deathrattle to proc since it's honestly not even that good very often anyway.

6 dragons is fine so far. It's actually not my first attempt at a 6 dragon deck. You really just need 1 dragon and netherspite and should be fine. Against slower decks you just keep a dragon in hand, against faster decks you keeper doomsayer + netherspite + twilight drake.

Nightbane templar could perhaps be cut for a bookwyrm or two. But I'm not quite at that stage yet.

edit:
Most recent game vs hunter: survived through highmane and 2 cotw. And I had answers to a second highmane (aldors) and whatever weird stuff he might have in his deck. I wasn't pressured into n'zoth although it was an option.

https://hsreplay.net/replay/7wsSuaPrcaTwHFYKcCP9Mi

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Played against a druid with priest.

I coined out a deathlord, he played astral communion. I immediately regretted my decision.

He played Fel Reaver he i believe got from Raven idol. He immediately regretted his decision.

After burning 9 of his cards, he went into fatigue with an empty hand when i still had 14 cards. He ended up having to dream the Fel Reaver to stop the burning. It didn't help.

Played against a druid with priest.

I counted out a deathlord, he played astral communion. I immediately regretted my decision.

He played Fel Reaver he i believe got from Raven idol. He immediately regretted his decision.

After burning 9 of his cards, he went into fatigue with an empty hand when i still had 14 cards. He ended up having to dream the Fel Reaver to stop the burning. It didn't help.

Probably a smorc who accidentally selected the wrong deck.

Levi

Banned
Had a 27 minute match vs OTK Priest, he died to fatigue, and I ended the game with 30 health and 26 armor.

https://hsreplay.net/replay/8mPXhqG3oRkSfPnvN92BuE

He roped every turn, drew aggressively, and ran both Malygos and Prophet Velen, and he had a Thaurissan reduction. He did 24 damage in one turn with an 8 mana Maly, and did another 21 with Velen on the board. He hit fatigue when I had 8 cards left to draw. My deck was running double Tournament Medic, and to add insult to injury the Golden Monkey gave me a Reno Jackson. I probably healed for 100 hp that game on top of the 30 I started with.

Also, who was saying Fool's Bane was good vs Shaman?

6FS7iaB.jpg

He face tanked a bunch of damage there and conceded. Fool's Bane OP if your goal is Sudoku, lol.

Had a 27 minute match vs OTK Priest, he died to fatigue, and I ended the game with 30 health and 26 armor.

Remember when you made fun of someone bragging about winning a favorable match up? 80 health warriors are pretty difficult to OTK.

Also, yeah, we should evaluate fool's bane based on a rank 20 player lol

Dahbomb

Also, who was saying Fool's Bane was good vs Shaman?

6FS7iaB.jpg

He face tanked a bunch of damage there and conceded. Fool's Bane OP if your goal is Sudoku, lol.
Unless the Warrior had Brawl, you had won the game anyway. So much board , life nd card advantage over him. Fool's Bane is obviously not good against that big of a board and with that much of a life/card deficit.

People must really be hating Standard, because Wild is actually filled with meta decks at rank 20 now.

The two legendaries I definitely have to craft for wild are loatheb and boom. But man malganys seems like a lot of fun.

Also, Implosion really is one of the worst designed cards. If you roll low on damage it should roll high on the number of imps and vice versa. And even then the card sucks.

Woah. Implosion is an amazing card. It's one of the most hated cards pre-Standard. You play it with Knife Juggler on the same turn and watch the board die.

Dahbomb

People must really be hating Standard, because Wild is actually filled with meta decks at rank 20 now.

Woah. Implosion is an amazing card. It's one of the most hated cards pre-Standard. You play it with Knife Juggler on the same turn and watch the board die.
He's talking about the design of the card, not the power level of the card. Card is clearly busted in terms of power level but it's also a terrible design in terms of RNG.

I almost feel like implosion should have been deal 2-4 damage and summon 2-4 imps. This is simple text, simple to understand, and 2 rolls of dice is probably better than 1 roll. I think the only reason it wasn't what everyone thinks it should have been is the fact that it would take up too much text to explain. Still doesn't make it an acceptable RNG card but at least it's more fair, in a sense.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth

I didn't mean sucks performance wise. I meant sucks to play against.

Is there a list of weird hearthstone quirks.?

Traded a highmane into a sylvannas and was suprised that a hyena wasn't taken.but if you fire lands portal sylvannas she takes the minion

ZealousD

Is there a list of weird hearthstone quirks.?

Traded a highmane into a sylvannas and was suprised that a hyena wasn't taken.but if you fire lands portal sylvannas she takes the minion

If you actually want to be able to predict the result of every action, you basically have to study the fan-made advanced rulebook on the Hearthstone wiki.

Most of this stuff is figured out by one guy that you can catch on Reddit and YouTube, Patashu. He even has three different YouTube channels where he uploads experiments and rule explanations.

https://www.youtube.com/user/Patashu
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmjH4ksu6DqwFj1SIvTm61w
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSoW7wWN-j29rUfUhkTM_Dw

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom