• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT7/7| _ Give Tyrande | _ Blizzard: Give Amazon Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dahbomb

Wild is both healthier and unhealthier than Standard.

You see more class variety and deck variety.

But there's a lack of card variety as a lot of decks use very similar neural minions even if they are using different decks. It's difficult to play a Wild game and not run into Scientist, Shredded, Belched, Loatheb, Dr Balanced and Nzoth. Any class can play these cards and have an annoying deck to deal with.

No, it's not. And how do you beat secret paladin now that they have n'zoth
You out tempo them with Zoo which has always been favorable for Zoo.

You can use Freeze Mage to beat them fairly consistently.

Nzoth Priest does decent against it too.

Grim Patron Warrior does very well too right now but with 2 mana Execute that will be less favorable.

And all these decks run Nzoth too minus Freeze Mage so Secret Paladin isn't some special abuser of Nzoth.

That's more bad match ups than Midrange Shaman has right now. Secret Paladin is still the god though.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Wild is both healthier and unhealthier than Standard.

You see more class variety and deck variety.

But there's a lack of card variety as a lot of decks use very similar neural minions even if they are using different decks. It's difficult to play a Wild game and not run into Scientist, Shredded, Belched, Loatheb, Dr Balanced and Nzoth. Any class can play these cards and have an annoying deck to deal with.

They are less annoying to me because you have the tools to deal with them.

But I've also only been playing wild for a month and a half or so and never played much pre wotog so I'm not burnt out on Belchers and booms like many here.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
A new player can't access wild mode at all until they craft a wild card. Once in, they can play standard decks all they want.

I just tried it with my dummy account. I can definitely access wild the normal way with no wild cards.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
N'Zoth is basically the meta defining card in Wild. Either your deck runs it, or not and that determines like... 50% of the deck right there. Belchers, Shredders, Haunted Creepers, etc. You might run a couple of those but if you're running all of them (and any class cards that have deathrattles), you might as well put in N'Zoth. It's so common in Wild that you can more or less assume your opponent has it in their deck and the goal is to either play yours first and win before they play theirs, or control them until they play it and clear their board and play yours. 80% of the time that's how the games seem to play out to me. Who has the board clears and who has the big swing turn.

It isn't that different from Standard really, except that in Standard you need to have those answers quicker because the game won't be guaranteed to last to 10 turns without cards like Belcher & co.

Just a few things that make wild worse than standard:
mad scientist
freeze mage
secret paladin
n'zoth in most decks
smorc hunter
implosion
shredder
dr. boom
loatheb

Over time wild will get worse as the power creep continues to build. And it seems like N'zoth broke wild.

Secret paladin's curve:
zombie chow
minibot
muster
shredder
loatheb
mysterious challenger
dr. boom
tirion
MC 2 + muster, belcher/loatheb + shredder, etc.
N'zoth

Standard might be plagued by shamans. It might have too many games decided by yoggsaron. But it's several magnitudes better than secret paladin and all the nasty RNG cards that got rotated out.

Levi

Banned
I just tried it with my dummy account. I can definitely access wild the normal way with no wild cards.

Did you start your account before or after the rotation? I'll try it on my Asia account when I get a chance. It's possible I'm wrong, even though that's never happened before. :p

bjaelke

Patch is live. Time to get that dust!

That's a pleasant surprise.

Jz6aux9.png

Ladekabel

Decided to make a Malygos-OTK-Priest. This is what I came up with:

malgotki9szl.png

One game, 100% winrate. I think I'll retire it. It can only get worse.

Ladekabel

Wouldn't you want to be running clerics and circles for ultra fast cycling?

Thought about it but in order for that to be effective I think I should include a Wild Pyro, too. But it isn't a serious attempt at a deck. I just like Malygos + 2x Mind Blast + 2 Holy Smite.

psyfi

Banned
Thanks for the info and insight on wild. The thing that got me to finally look it up was someone on here saying I should try it out after I was whining about how ineffective priest is, but I don't think they realized how new to the game I am. I'm still hovering between 18 and 14 in ranked (and sometimes all the way back up to 20). I've got other fish to fry before I try wild.

I already played enough today, had a bunch of free time... now they drop the patch right after I stopped lol... the timing...

I mean shit, I just tested a bunch of decks today too. Would have loved to try them post balance. I guess I'll play more tonight.

Ladekabel

Dusted my cards. Will wait how everything settles before I craft something with it. From my last games with Yogg I feel like it'll still see play. Either played by me or my opponent, he always cleared the other side of the board and buffed himself. Happened 6 times or so in a row.

Heropon

I didn't remember that I had a golden Abusive Sargeant, so it's like I had three Call of the Wilds to dust. I wonder if I'll regret dusting them like Knife Juggler so I'll keep some dust stored in case I want them back.

I did the Kripp thing of buying packs in search of dust:

That'll do.
Did the same but no luck yet.

Maybe unbound elemental. Especially since you'll probably want to run lightning bolt over rockbiter.

Ugh... shaman are gonna still be really strong...

did you not run both already? I'd still want to run 1 Rockbiter for AlAkir but I think I'll swap the 2nd with another primal fusion.

Mulgrok

tuskarr will still be worth it for totem decks no matter what, because the extra body comes in handy for flametongue/bloodlust/thunderbluff/tfb/etc...

theytookourjobz

What does the "You will no longer be able to disenchant cards that are not part of your collection." mean?

Also, I'm a newb, if I have some of the cards they nerfed, should I automatically disenchant them?

Levi

Banned
Oh neat, looking at the patch notes it looks like you can reorganize the order your decks appear in! Nice like QOL improvement they snuck in.

Salex_

That slap on the wrist didn't do shit to Shaman. Still as ridiculous as before. Now they just have a higher chance to roll spell or taunt. They have so many amazing cards the Rockbiter nerf is irrelevant because they most decks don't even use it.

Just going to use Warrior for last 4 ranks. It's not worth the frustration to try to use any other deck with all these Shamans. Why the hell did Blizzard give Shaman a better War Axe when they already had the best early game minions in the game? it makes no sense.

Levi

Banned
Pretty sure when I log in to Hearthstone when I get home I'm going to hear the Hallelujah chorus when the Yogg nerf notification pops up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom