• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT7/7| _ Give Tyrande | _ Blizzard: Give Amazon Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
My opinion on the Yogg nerf remains that it is still the "most" comeback mechanic the game has ever had. It is now a much less relliable comeback mechanic (as large parts of it will be stopped before it reaches full potential), but there is no other card with even a chance at doing what Yogg can do. Even after the nerf prepare to see the Trolden videos and highlights of Yogg doing some insane shit and winning games for the "lost" side. Now instead of being able to game the system by getting 10-20 spells off your Yogg, thereby guaranteeing a board clear+cards+???, now you really only are likely to get ???+board clear, which migh or might not help depending on what the ???? is.

Much less likely to be impactful, but the salt levels will be higher on those losses for sure. I'm not dusting mine because I don't care about the dust and I'll probably leave him in the decks he's already in just for laughs.

My opinion on the Yogg nerf remains that it is still the "most" comeback mechanic the game has ever had. It is now a much less relliable comeback mechanic (as large parts of it will be stopped before it reaches full potential), but there is no other card with even a chance at doing what Yogg can do. Even after the nerf prepare to see the Trolden videos and highlights of Yogg doing some insane shit and winning games for the "lost" side. Now instead of being able to game the system by getting 10-20 spells off your Yogg, thereby guaranteeing a board clear+cards+???, now you really only are likely to get ???+board clear, which migh or might not help depending on what the ???? is.

Much less likely to be impactful, but the salt levels will be higher on those losses for sure. I'm not dusting mine because I don't care about the dust and I'll probably leave him in the decks he's already in just for laughs.
Same. As you said, he's still the only "oh shit button" card in the game. I've always played him when lethal is on board or likely coming next turn, now it will just help me slightly less on turns where I am guaranteed to lose if I don't play him.

fertygo

I had to dust my yogg because its gold, gonna to made sure he truly sucked for druid to decide to recraft the regular one or not.
Just played against a hunter. They weren't even that good before the nerf.

that's why I said they're ded.

they not that good, but highmane on t6 and call on t8 is one of the most tilting shit

Otnopolit

Bought 7 classic and WotG packs and got two legendaries I already had out of BOTH sets. Thanks, Blizz? I guess 1250 dust for $20 is pretty good, eh?

I just played my second face warrior where I got neither of the 2 oozes in my deck. Feelsbadman.

This guy had a war axe buffed to 6 damage before it broke. Then he had a arcanite reaper with 3 charges at 6. An ooze would have basically been an auto-win, and I finally drew it after he used his last weapon when I had already won or lost the game. spoiler: I won

Played two yoggs post nerf. In one he never died, cleared opponents board which I had no answer to and concealed himself. In the other one opponent had sylvannas up, I was going to lose and yogg gives me ice block then as soon as he is stolen by opponent casts death on himself.
Too much fun to dust!

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Lol, why is Yogg's card text highlighted for the "these cards have changed" popup?

For all of Blizzard's talk about making things not confusing for new players this doesn't actually show what they changed with the card at all.

Lol, why is Yogg's card text highlighted for the "these cards have changed" popup?

For all of Blizzard's talk about making things not confusing for new players this doesn't actually show what they changed with the card at all.

"My yogg is broken. It only cast 3 spells when I had 30 cast the entire game." - Common complaint about yogg for the next 2 weeks.

Seeing Yogg polymorph himself on the first spell is intensely entertaining.

10 mana 1/1 baby!

ZeroX03

Banned
Had a really bad night last night with aggro Shaman and now the patch lands :(

Going all in on midrange now I guess.

I don't think Call and Yogg are nerfed hard enough to be worth dusting.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Watching Johnny stone test out the charge change in a Yogg control warrior.

He killed a highmane, dropped magnataur alpha, charged it triggering cat trick, then killed all three minions. Wombo combo.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Sounds about right. That 70% win rate when Totem Golem is summoned on turn 3.

The sub 50% winrate for rolling a basic totem seems bizarre. I get the massive upswing from rolling high, but it seems like it is a huge problem if you roll basic.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Execute change

IQSK4Qy.gif

IceMarker

I think execute will be just fine, especially in Control Warrior. I don't know how many times I've floated mana after playing execute in that deck.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
The sub 50% winrate for rolling a basic totem seems bizarre. I get the massive upswing from rolling high, but it seems like it is a huge problem if you roll basic.

Before we had Thing From Below, Tuskarr Totemic wasn't actually that popular of a card.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Before we had Thing From Below, Tuskarr Totemic wasn't actually that popular of a card.

I get that it isn't good, but it seems actively terrible/catastrophic when it rolls basic to lower your winrate down to 45%. How many cards in the game would do that when played?

jgminto

Any kind of proactive warrior will had trouble with 2 mana execute, may as well not run hard removal

control warrior not so much
Control Warrior is still going to run it but they lose the ability to easily combine it with minions or other spells. Those swings are what usually won games for CW against Midrange decks.

Got the welcome pack. Got Grommash as the free card, and got Cenarius and golden Greenskin out of the packs. Not bad. Will probably save my dust for the next expansion.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member

Every deck has a few cards that have bad win rates compared to the deck's overall average. Obviously you can't have every card be above average, because that's just not how averages work.

Since we're talking about the stats of the general public, matchmaking should make the overall win rate close to 50%, so 45% isn't that big of a drop. I don't think anyone thought a basic totem tuskarr is an above average card of all the cards in the Shaman list.

ZeroX03

Banned
Execute change was fantastic.

I might dust one copy of CotW because I think putting 2 in at 9 mana might be a bit much

Feels like it's still too good not to want it consistently. It seems rough running two 9 drops, but it's not like Hunter is running many/any other big drops except Highmane. Call is too often that card you want to top deck as a finisher.

If you're running something that's super aggro focused or much slower I could see not wanting two.

Unbound Elemental is back kids

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Every deck has a few cards that have bad win rates compared to the deck's overall average. Obviously you can't have every card be above average, because that's just not how averages work.

Since we're talking about the stats of the general public, matchmaking should make the overall win rate close to 50%, so 45% isn't that big of a drop. I don't think anyone thought a basic totem tuskarr is an above average card of all the cards in the Shaman list.

That seems like a pretty big drop for a single card.

Is there a site that shows winrates by cards played?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom