• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT7/7| _ Give Tyrande | _ Blizzard: Give Amazon Money

Status
Not open for further replies.
DE Yogg for Rag. Been wanting him for a long time. I was gonna craft Rag, but now, I want Malygos with the dust I was saving for him.

Man, Kripp is getting paid lol. I should try hording a bunch of common cards and let it be nerfed someday instead of disenchanting everything at once. :(
If only Blizzard would nerf Anomalus, so I can get more dust off him.

KuroNeeko

Ermigawd, I just beat a Renolock in fatigue with Control Priest.
I feel like I should get a medal or something. It's ALMOST as bad as the Freeze Mage match up.

Took a chance on Hallazeal and have had a lot of fun with him. I just like weird cards

Are we like...Hearthstone Brothers or something?

I just crafted Hallazeal like 5 minutes ago. lol

N'zoth is my favorite card from WotOG. I think Cabalist Tome, Undercity Huckster, Yogg, and Shifting Shade are probably my other favorites.

Hallazeal has potential though, so we'll see!

bjaelke

Nah this one is far more expensive.

GkgBLxR.png

KuroNeeko

ETA for people to start complaining about the new meta.

You mean they haven't already?

Nah this one is far more expensive.

GkgBLxR.png

Oh, I have all of that...lol.
Guess I'll give it a shot!

I've been playing a lot of Control / N'zoth Priest (which strangely seems to be working right now), Astral Druid (which doesn't seem to be working), and Purify Priest.

I played Daggy's Priest for a bit and will probably do a write up on it later.

Want to go back to playing Renounce Y'shaarj, but started climbing on accident so I'll probably wait until I start dropping again or hit 500 wins with Priest.

Pooya

Looks like we might have a few days of control meta before things are figured out, it happens every time there is a change or new set, don't worry it will pass like every single time before. Time to face Lord Jaraxxus until then.

Another anyfin mirror where they made it easy for me by playing anyfin first. Even with only a single warleader on the board, because 2 of his 3 bluegills died, I had OTK because warleader (with 1 on board already) makes bluegills 6 damage, and 5 summoned total = 30 damage. But for extra measure I killed the third one so I summoned a 36 damage finisher.

The way you win this mirror is by going into fatigue and finishing them in 1 turn off anyfin + fatigue damage.

Looks like we might have a few days of control meta before things are figured out, it happens every time there is a change or new set, don't worry it will pass like every single time before. Time to face Lord Jaraxxus until then.

What usually happens is aggro. Lots of people usually try out jank decks and aggro gets figured out first. Not that this is really a huge meta change tbh, but people do seem to be experimenting at least.

I'll say for me it's been about 60/40 in favor of more aggressive decks. I thought control warrior would be heavier.

manhack

Yeah my first 10 minutes after patch was zoo, aggro freeze mage and same shaman deck from before.

Come back that night and Anyfin paladins, priests, Druids, control warriors, malchezzar hutners(?!?!?!)

should be an interesting few days at least.

KuroNeeko

Gimme that Control Meta!
PRIEST IS BACK, BOIS!
/kappa

Yeah my first 10 minutes after patch was zoo, aggro freeze mage and same shaman deck from before.

Come back that night and Anyfin paladins, priests, Druids, control warriors, malchezzar hutners(?!?!?!)

should be an interesting few days at least.

WTF lol

fertygo

Another anyfin mirror where they made it easy for me by playing anyfin first. Even with only a single warleader on the board, because 2 of his 3 bluegills died, I had OTK because warleader (with 1 on board already) makes bluegills 6 damage, and 5 summoned total = 30 damage. But for extra measure I killed the third one so I summoned a 36 damage finisher.
bout 60/40 in favor of more aggressive decks. I thought control warrior would be heavier.

Play Anyfin first its fine, infact its recommended if you holding 2
The player that doing it must competent tho

don't raise murloc count stupidly, and count if opp have lethal if he react with anyfin, if they don't had lethal its winning move to go anyfin first

KuroNeeko

I love playing Purify Priest.

That 10 seconds or so of silence you get when you play an Eerie Statue or Ancient Watcher is priceless.
Or win you actually win...lol.

Kripp queuing into one priest after the other tonight is pretty hilarious.

I've seen a few more than usual. Most using OTK or Dragon Priest.

If you're playing OTK, then you probably don't like playing Priest that much. lol

Lot of new(?) Anyfin players out there too.
Just beat the last one by Entombing both of his Warleaders. : /

Play Anyfin first its fine, infact its recommended if you holding 2
The player that doing it must competent tho

don't raise murloc count stupidly, and count if opp have lethal if he react with anyfin, if they don't had lethal its winning move to go anyfin first

So you're saying that if you anyfin against an empty board with a paladin who has no weapon.... which should almost never happen... with you also having 20+ hp... okay. But typically your first anyfin is not on an empty board, they will kill your bluegills, and you'll die. It is extremely unlikely that you get an anyfin uncontested and too risky to assume they don't have anyfin.

fertygo

So you're saying that if you anyfin against an empty board with a paladin who has no weapon.... which should almost never happen... with you also having 20+ hp... okay. But typically your first anyfin is not on an empty board, they will kill your bluegills, and you'll die. It is extremely unlikely that you get an anyfin uncontested and too risky to assume they don't have anyfin.

I don't know if I watched in tourney, mirror anyfin with equally competent player its always came down to who anyfin first, if anyfin first not important, why the most important thing in matchup is to draw anyfin?

if you can force your opp entire turn to just clearing your first anyfin, you usually win

I don't know if I watched in tourney, mirror anyfin with equally competent player its always came down to who anyfin first, if anyfin first not important, why the most important thing in matchup is to draw anyfin?

if you can force your opp entire turn to just clearing your first anyfin, you usually win

You want to get your anyfin so you can respond to anyfin with anyfin. Trust me, anyfin first requires all those things I said before to be true. You have to anyfin basically an empty board, your opponent cannot have a weapon, and you need to have a enough hp to survive their anyfin.

Here is what happens if a single one of your bluegills dies to a weapon or a minion, pushing the bluegill count to 3. They play anyfin and hit you for 30 damage. 2 warleaders on your board, with 2 warleaders dead + 3 bluegills dead summons 30 damage.

Even if you don't lose any bluegills, anyfin is 20 damage when there are already 2 warleaders on board. So you have to be above 20 health if there is some crazy scenario where you anyfin an empty board where the paladin also doesn't have a weapon equipped.

Here is a cool calculator to mess around with. https://numbers1311407.github.io/anyfin/

Yes, if you anyfin and your opponent doesn't have anyfin and you have another anyfin to back it up... you win. But really, the chances of that happening in practice is not very high. Anyfin is a 2 of. By turn 10 paladin has drawn often 2/3rds of their deck. The chance that both anyfins are in the bottom 10 cards... is very small.

edit:
Here is an example of why you don't anyfin first: https://hsreplay.net/replay/rPBBhuqQ36MJzjKnfHcT82

KuroNeeko

Damn, must be nice playing a class that has no hard counters.

Every time I run into Anyfin Paladin, any Rogue, Freeze Mage, or turn two Dark Peddler, it's just heartbreaking.

Got Golden warrior (first golden!) on my last match to rank 5.

It was like I was playing a multi-level boss stage.

Congrats, mayne!
Nice WR against MR Shaman too!

patchday

Ermigawd, I just beat a Renolock in fatigue with Control Priest.
I feel like I should get a medal or something. It's ALMOST as bad as the Freeze Mage match up.

Anytime priest wins they kinda deserve a medal since the odds so stacked against them. I think I watched Kripp maintain 56% on a crazy priest deck last night that was decked with legendaries

Are we like...Hearthstone Brothers or something?

I just crafted Hallazeal like 5 minutes ago. lol

N'zoth is my favorite card from WotOG. I think Cabalist Tome, Undercity Huckster, Yogg, and Shifting Shade are probably my other favorites.

Hallazeal has potential though, so we'll see!

Yeah I love running Hallazeal in my Control shaman deck. I crafted him a few weeks ago and he's helped that deck maintain 65% win rate (26w 14 losses). The matches can go long tho so I dont run it much. It's not something I use to climb ladder cause of the match lengths but I do occasionally pull out the deck. I think the deck really shocks the hell out of people. Bascially just running Frodan's concede shaman. I do have bad luck sometimes and lose to a fast aggro deck playing perfectly on curve. Still one of my most fun decks. edit- I run Maelstrom portal tho instead of 2 bog creeper. * Oh right control priest and control warrior make me cry. I want to tech in something like Harrison to counter Warrior's Axe. Control priest bring me tears if they run entomb and/or Mind control

edit-->

Damn, must be nice playing a class that has no hard counters.

Every time I run into Anyfin Paladin, any Rogue, Freeze Mage, or turn two Dark Peddler, it's just heartbreaking.

I like my Freeze mage. I usually run it at beginning of season to counter aggro decks. This poor Cthun druid other night was just an innocent bystander that got caught up in the crossfire. made him ragequit I guess. long story short I had around 16 Armor and 30 hp around mid game (yeah I was super lucky with RNG). he plays Ragnaros which pulsed one time before he was frozen and neutered. Then I get vaporize from babbling book or something. I happen to put that on right before he brings out cthun. He attacks with Cthun which was his only minion and he got vaporized. after that it was a ragequit even though he still had a lot of cards in hand

*** edit

Yeah, but you CAN Barnes, Resurrect, Onyx Bishop, Circle of Healing Soggoth.

Thanks I'm gonna try that right now lol. Just got a priest/pally dominance quest and stuck with it (rerolled from 5 Tavern Brawl quest). Just crafted Soggoth cause I'm crazy like that. Let's give this a whirl....

KuroNeeko

Thanks I'm gonna try that right now lol. Just got a priest/pally dominance quest and stuck with it (rerolled from 5 Tavern Brawl quest). Just crafted Soggoth cause I'm crazy like that. Let's give this a whirl....

Yeeeeeaaaaaaaaaah!

But really, don't let me influence you. I don't think I've ever ranked above 9 and play mostly meme / jank decks for fun. ; )

patchday

Yeeeeeaaaaaaaaaah!

But really, don't let me influence you. I don't think I've ever ranked above 9 and play mostly meme / jank decks for fun. ; )

priest ranked up to 19 already. win streak ftw

running barnes and that list u suggested. got sylvannas and cairne too

(may post deck if it hits 15)

(soggoth won me 1 match already btw). just running legends that barnes synergizes with. and rez....

I've been playing Shadow Reno C'Thun Priest in Standard to no avail... But it is fun trying. Actually, it makes me think non-Reno Shadow C'Thun could work well.

KuroNeeko

I've been playing Shadow Reno C'Thun Priest in Standard to no avail... But it is fun trying. Actually, it makes me think non-Reno Shadow C'Thun could work well.

Donais said that there were some Reno Priest lists with high MMR out there in some regions. Can't imagine what's in them... : /

patchday

so many priest on ladder that is all I'm seeing. More baffling- most are terrible Anduin decks (still rank 19 and I dont have much time to play before I go to work in a bit)

Just need 1 more win. This other Tyrande though outplayed me just now. she got my sylvannas and then rezzed her later with N'zoth. was too much. was fun tho

patchday

probably beginner's luck (and ladder not too tough right now) but Soggoth putting in some work so far (helped me win a game just now)

[edit] Here is the deck still needs more optimization. I am not seeing much aggro right now and I just subbed in Emperor Thursian

strategy: I mulligan for Barnes. If I get coin, I go Barnes and pray for ragnaros. Rag will die but then I just rez him for maximum carnage. I also pray for bloodhoof, sylvannas, or soggoth. I probably will just play around with this deck for occasional games. Win rate is favorable but I won't bother posting it cause deck is influx and lots of easy opponents this morning with one execptional player that pwned me

more notes- I never play Priest of Feast same time as er, soulpriest ofc. Mass Dispel and Power word shield are here for card draw. Soggoth for late game tanking incase I dont get Barnes early. I might bring back that 4/5 card that heals for 5 (alchemist?) for more nuke with soulpriest. undecided.

* I dropped divine spirit. I was dumb and thought it could buff soggoth lol

iQRql2u.png

patchday

just beat a freeze mage with that barnes-legendary priest but nothing to brag about. she did not play Yogg. she kinda just laid it down for me

Btw I love Tyrande's emotes. "Blessings to You!" Just makes her sound so polite before she goes in

Starting to kinda like priest omg.... All it took was a waifu I'm so simple

Ladekabel

probably beginner's luck (and ladder not too tough right now) but Soggoth putting in some work so far (helped me win a game just now)

[edit] Here is the deck still needs more optimization. I am not seeing much aggro right now and I just subbed in Emperor Thursian

strategy: I mulligan for Barnes. If I get coin, I go Barnes and pray for ragnaros. Rag will die but then I just rez him for maximum carnage. I also pray for bloodhoof, sylvannas, or soggoth. I probably will just play around with this deck for occasional games. Win rate is favorable but I won't bother posting it cause deck is influx and lots of easy opponents this morning with one execptional player that pwned me

more notes- I never play Priest of Feast same time as er, soulpriest ofc. Mass Dispel and Power word shield are here for card draw. Soggoth for late game tanking incase I dont get Barnes early. I might bring back that 4/5 card that heals for 5 (alchemist?) for more nuke with soulpriest. undecided.

I'd cut the Divine Spirit for another Blademaster. And I'd probably replace Mass Dispell with Holy Nova or Excavated Evil. As someone who has most of his wins with Priest, let me tell that Auchenai + CoH is never there when you really need it.

Kibler ran a similiar deck last season: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvMvug6yiwY

patchday

I'd cut the Divine Spirit for another Blademaster. And I'd probably replace Mass Dispell with Holy Nova or Excavated Evil. As someone who has most of his wins with Priest, let me tell that Auchenai + CoH is never there when you really need it.

Kibler ran a similiar deck last season: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvMvug6yiwY

thanks I will for sure cut divine spirit (I had it there thinking it would buff Soggoth it was dumb). Yeah forgot bout Excavated Evil. This one hunter did get me good advice

[edit] Watching that video right now. Nice!!! He's even playing Soggoth

Levi

Banned
My new favorite thing is to go into Wild with Freeze Mage and bully Priests.

Fuck Anduin and his cocky "wow" bullshit, thanks for giving me all the time in the world to draw all my burn.

I always said I'd never play Freeze Mage, but you know what? The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom