• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT7/7| _ Give Tyrande | _ Blizzard: Give Amazon Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Even without the combo, doomhammer represents 16 damage in itself. Dropping 2 hits off of that is still a significant drop in power.

16 damage over four full turns. How many times is that fourth turn even reached? When that fourth turn is reached, does anybody find the card unacceptable?

They already nerfed Doomhammer once by nerfing Rockbiter. A second nerf is pointless.

16 damage over four full turns. How many times is that fourth turn even reached? When that fourth turn is reached, does anybody find the card unacceptable?

They already nerfed Doomhammer once by nerfing Rockbiter. A second nerf is pointless.

Acceptable? I have no idea, but it's insanely strong to be capable of 16 damage off a single card even if it takes 4 turns. I'm not even arguing that they should, but 2 attacks off it is significant, especially when you're playing against a deck with limited or no healing.

Szadek

The next expansion better fixes priest and rogues or else they will most likely suck for another year.
Chances are that the first expansion of 2017 is going to be adventure and 2-3 cards isn't not going to be enough if the next set isn't laying the groundwork.

They better not make them top tier by turning them into boring on-curve decks.
What they did to Shamans was bad enough, but it's even more offensive if they do the same with Priest and Rogue, since they are supposed to be weird classes.

Btw, the only Shaman deck really like right now is Totem Shaman, but they will most likely not survive the lose of TGT.

fertygo

People expecting Shaman downfall after rotation, but I actually expect they remain solid after rotation, their synergies already established and seem blizzard already get a grip how to design around the class, by that I mean with keep giving them good card

they still have chances get damn good card again from 2 expansion after this, kinda terrified by that thought.. all of their card from Karazhan is GOOD.

Unless they get absolutely get 0 good card at next 2 expansion I don't get how shaman can fall that far.

Ladekabel

Holy shit! In my Control Warrior mirror my opponent had the most brainfarty moment I have ever experienced. He had Malchezaar so he had the upside when it would get to fatigue. Luckily I managed to make him draw 5 cards with his Acolytes and he got greedy with his Slam and draw two additional cards. And his last card was Golden Monkey which burnt because his Yogg vanished himself. Fatigue starts for him, with me a bit laterand goes on for a few turns.

But then I had a brainfart and played my Acolyte because I forgot he still had two Ghouls. So he puts me ahead in the fatigue and has more armour. I think I'm done and was ready to concede. But after a few turns he BMs me and plays Majordomo which he got from Malchezaar. But I still had a Shield Slam in hand and his next turn killed him.

Moral of the story: Never concede

The next expansion better fixes priest and rogues or else they will most likely suck for another year.
Chances are that the first expansion of 2017 is going to be adventure and 2-3 cards isn't not going to be enough if the next set isn't laying the groundwork.

What they did to Shamans was bad enough, but it's even more offensive if they do the same with Priest and Rogue, since they are supposed to be weird classes.

Btw, the only Shaman deck really like right now is Totem Shaman, but they will most likely not survive the lose of TGT.

They've said they'll be doing an expansion at the start of every rotation, which means a full expansion and not an adventure which they really don't consider as expansions. I recall them saying they'll be doing expansion, adventure, then expansion every year in that order, but I don't remember where they said that.

Holy shit! In my Control Warrior mirror my opponent had the most brainfarty moment I have ever experienced. He had Malchezaar so he had the upside when it would get to fatigue. Luckily I managed to make him draw 5 cards with his Acolytes and he got greedy with his Slam and draw two additional cards. And his last card was Golden Monkey which burnt because his Yogg vanished himself. Fatigue starts for him, with me a bit laterand goes on for a few turns.

But then I had a brainfart and played my Acolyte because I forgot he still had two Ghouls. So he puts me ahead in the fatigue and has more armour. I think I'm done and was ready to concede. But after a few turns he BMs me and plays Majordomo which he got from Malchezaar. But I still had a Shield Slam in hand and his next turn killed him.

Moral of the story: Never concede

And never play acolyte there, even if he doesn't have ghouls :)

patchday

Does nothing for the burst damage that people complain about. If a Shaman holds Doomhammer for 4 full turns you really aren't that upset. You're just nerfing control shaman.

er, control shaman dont normally run doomhammer. That's just simply barbaric. The deck has got too much class to be like the typical shaman

Here is the typical type of control shaman

I'm fine with a Doomhammer nerf I guess

(Actually I do like doomhammer in my mid range shaman I'd kinda prefer its not nerfed, sorry I'm such a conservative scummy casual. Granted I've switched to spirit claws tho)

Tacitus_

gsqA7bz.jpg

I was reasonably impressed with that combo.
Kiblers priest list is fun when it works, but holy fuck do you get destroyed if you can't answer their early game.

but rogue is in a pretty good place, maybe not in meta share but Rogue has multiple decks that could compete with the top tier even before the nerfs and should fare even better now that the top tier got slightly nerfed.

Pooya

I don't think they give shaman more cards that would help a mid range style of deck next year. Look at paladin, I think they push the healing and board clear aspect in control shaman, it's already quite alright right now. Make something to replace elemental destruction and it's set.

One thing they've been stressing a lot lately is how they will do whatever it takes to make standard years feel different too, so I think classes will play differently than this year. I think there will be even more classic nerfs next year and they will have to hit these cards to reach their goal;

Conceal - yeah, the card should go away if they are to give rogue anything good. Current lists aren't really healthy and the strategy is just yolo conceal board right now, just like charge not every minion was meant to have stealth and it's completely unintractive for most classes. I'm fairly certain conceal is on the list and I hope they make good cards for rogue this time finally. I find the conceal decks extremely cheesy and not satisfying to play. It's not really a combo deck.

Power Overwhelming - Zoolock has been getting a lot of hate and it's the main offender of samey decks in the game. I think they will try to make zoolock worse and worse, while it will always be a thing it should not be the best warlock deck. Then of course charger + faceless combo is forever a thing in the core set. You can just play wolf rider after emperor goes away.

The last offender is freeze mage, while it's not good right now, it doesn't mean it can't be good next year. I don't know what card they would nerf in here, my guess is Ice Lance.

I don't really see any obvious evergreen offender left after these.

I think control shaman may be fine without elemental destruction. They already have maelstrom portal and lightning storm. They might have a little less to deal with a huge high health board, but that's okay imo.

As for rogue, we'll see. "Trick" class? Okay but it'll be pretty dumb if rogue becomes a class that has to rely on RNG cards when traditionally it was a class that ran very few if any RNG cards.

Pooya

Iksar was pretty clear on reddit they want to do something different with rogue regarding those tricks and that burgle was a side thing. He said they want rogue to have a strong combo oriented deck all the time while burgle was well received for players looking for fun and they will support that too. Time will tell.

man, i am absolutely awful at this game. i get to r20 easily, and i even pushed into 16, but then i just go on a massive losing streak. ive invested money so i have quite a lot of good decks that ive watched how to drive on youtube/guides etc, but no matter what i can never get into a good groove and string a lot of wins together in ranked. ive tried so many decks. midrange hunters, malygos rogues, control warriors, secret paladins, fuuuuuu. is this just not for me? is there anyone else here who was like this but then it just "clicked" for them?

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
man, i am absolutely awful at this game. i get to r20 easily, and i even pushed into 16, but then i just go on a massive losing streak. ive invested money so i have quite a lot of good decks that ive watched how to drive on youtube/guides etc, but no matter what i can never get into a good groove and string a lot of wins together in ranked. ive tried so many decks. midrange hunters, malygos rogues, control warriors, secret paladins, fuuuuuu. is this just not for me? is there anyone else here who was like this but then it just "clicked" for them?

Do you have a deck tracker to post some games? Maybe somebody can see where you might be misplaying.

Do you have a deck tracker to post some games? Maybe somebody can see where you might be misplaying.

Is this a PC-only thing? i play mainly on mobile :(

ive built a dragon paladin deck now and its very fun to play, but i always seem to come *so close* to a win and then lose anyway.

Iksar was pretty clear on reddit they want to do something different with rogue regarding those tricks and that burgle was a side thing. He said they want rogue to have a strong combo oriented deck all the time while burgle was well received for players looking for fun and they will support that too. Time will tell.

But he also said blade flurry did things they don't want rogue to do. I assume he meant win kappa

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Yo, I heard 3 mana minions that summon random totems might be good, but what about a 3 mana minion that summons a specific totem of your choice?

http://i.imgur.com/bZUBrhD.png

Luckily I can't lose stars at this rank...

Szadek

Rogue loses Tomp PIllager and Emperor.
That's a pretty big deal.
Well, they also lose Raptor and Burgle, which isn't too bad, but it's still sucks for the people that like these gimmick decks.

People expecting Shaman downfall after rotation, but I actually expect they remain solid after rotation, their synergies already established and seem blizzard already get a grip how to design around the class, by that I mean with keep giving them good card

they still have chances get damn good card again from 2 expansion after this, kinda terrified by that thought.. all of their card from Karazhan is GOOD.

Unless they get absolutely get 0 good card at next 2 expansion I don't get how shaman can fall that far.
They lose a 1 ,2 and 5 drop as well a few other useful cards.
Not to mention the nerf to Tuskar.
Thing from below is also going to be a lot weaker if they don't get more totem cards.
It's not impossible for them to recover, but they need quite a few decent to good cards.

Tacitus_

They lose Tuskar, Trogg, Totem Golem, Thunderbluff Valiant, Elemental Destruction, Lava Shock and whatever else important I'm not remembering. TGT and LOE going will hurt them.

Dahbomb

They lose Tuskar, Trogg, Totem Golem, Thunderbluff Valiant, Elemental Destruction, Lava Shock and whatever else important I'm not remembering. TGT and LOE going will hurt them.
Healing Wave, Ancestral Knowledge, Fireguard Destroyer, Storm Hammer as well.

Control Shaman is going to be deal too if they don't give adequate replacement.

TGT was an integral expansion in enabling a Control Shaman archetype. It provided Shamans with draw, Healing and a massive board clear... 3 crucial elements of playing a Control deck.

Levi

Banned
Goddamn Priests love to BM. No class consistently ropes every turn more than freaking waste of a hero slot Priest.

Levi

Banned
brKbArX.jpg

Fuck Warriors. Think you're so fancy with your dumb armor, huh? How's that working out for ya?

(Dude missed so many hero powers just playing all these dumb cards, lol.)

patchday

Interesting freeze mage just now I fought against with my Priest. It was basically same deck I've seen Trump play where the mage plays Alexstrasza to get me down to 15. But ofc Priest of Feast gets the priest back up to a nice health. I could tell the mage was praying for Yogg. I made sure to dispel her card draws and lethal'ed before she could get yogg. Was tempted to wait for Yogg to get played and see if he would suicide. But didnt wanna risk that

(I havent seen Yogg yet)

you are new- but you might not realize a lot of top tier players are still working their way backup to fight for top spots again. Right now ladder is gonna be a stampede (especially Standard which is tryhard land right now)

middle of month it will be a breeze getting to 15. First week of month I relax and just run fun decks.

So yes- you should be getting your butt kicked off the ladder right now. Consider it good practice. By the time middle of month rolls around you wont be a kitten anymore. You'll be a Tiger

Interesting freeze mage just now I fought against with my Priest. It was basically same deck I've seen Trump play where the mage plays Alexstrasza to get me down to 15. But ofc Priest of Feast gets the priest back up to a nice health. I could tell the mage was praying for Yogg. I made sure to dispel her card draws and lethal'ed before she could get yogg. Was tempted to wait for Yogg to get played and see if he would suicide. But didnt wanna risk that

(I havent seen Yogg yet)

you are new- but you might not realize a lot of top tier players are still working their way backup to fight for top spots again. Right now ladder is gonna be a stampede (especially Standard which is tryhard land right now)

middle of month it will be a breeze getting to 15. First week of month I relax and just run fun decks.

So yes- you should be getting your butt kicked off the ladder right now. Consider it good practice. By the time middle of month rolls around you wont be a kitten anymore. You'll be a Tiger

Thats inspiring-thanks. What is a good deck that is easy to learn that can compete?

patchday

Healing Wave, Ancestral Knowledge, Fireguard Destroyer, Storm Hammer as well.

Control Shaman is going to be deal too if they don't give adequate replacement.

TGT was an integral expansion in enabling a Control Shaman archetype. It provided Shamans with draw, Healing and a massive board clear... 3 crucial elements of playing a Control deck.

this is right. Control shaman will be dead in Standard. I will go to Wild to play it once these wonderful cards rotate out. It's a shame control shaman is not considered a Classical Archetype

patchday

Likely antonidas.

Ah makes sense. was odd watching someone on their death bed facing a lethal on the board frantically dropping loot hoaders and acolytes. Guess ice block provides a little security you can keep stalling out the game. Luckily mage didnt run two ice blocks <shudder>

Thats inspiring-thanks. What is a good deck that is easy to learn that can compete?

here is the meta snapshot. I fear to say more than that cause there's some nasty cheese decks that are tier 1 and not too expensive to get dust together for(well-- relatively speaking)

patchday

You too huh. Was up with people playing coldlight oracle tonight? priest I just beat was playing that. I had switched to my tempo mage (-yogg has been dropped from this build).

it was just a slaughter I took no pleasure in that one. Priest played Embrace the shadow too. just yucky

(I used to hate priests but now that I've been piloting one on the ladder I now have empathy)

You too huh. Was up with people playing coldlight oracle tonight? priest I just beat was playing that. I had switched to my tempo mage (-yogg has been dropped from this build).

it was just a slaughter I took no pleasure in that one. Priest played Embrace the shadow too. just yucky

(I used to hate priests but now that I've been piloting one on the ladder I now have empathy)

I've been seeing more of it recently for sure. And not always when I would expect it.

I really want to play more Priest since I have the new skin but I can't quite bring myself to it yet. :-/ feelsbadman

patchday

Reviewing my replay against this Control Warrior (edit it was a Cthun Warrior, mystery solved!) with my -Yogg tempo mage deck. I just knew he had Fiery War Axe so I preemptively tried to freeze him. This Control Warrior had a horrible mulligan or something. I thought they always drew FWA for turn 1. I forget sometimes FWA just doesnt magically appear in the opening hand

Its hard to see everything this warrior had in his deck since he died so fast but it looked like he had all the heavy hitters- Sylvannas, Baron Geddon, BRAWL, etc

[edit] oh snap he was Cthun warrior no wonder that was much easier than CW build was wondering what happened lol. he was wasting time buffing cthun which never saw daylight

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
My 40/43 cthun was the very last card in the deck... and the shaman was friendly enough to stick around til I drew it!

.eJwNzEEOgyAQAMC_cBd2ERB9Qe99gCG4ARMFAttT07_X6xzmKz79EpvIzG1sSh3niLUfcnDtIZFMtaaLQjuHjPVWgTnEfFPhodAh2sUAgEXrYdVe6XmGxa_aeYOzecypF4XO-ekK7e_YicrIlXeECeyEbgeQiBKNbCWJ3x81KSyQ.uACAKl9SrGckUKJQd3JpaewkxKI

nerf plz. Too much skill in drawing the 1 card needed to win, etc, etc.

I kid, nice job taking all the way down to fatigue against a Shaman. Did you feed the C'thun a bunch of 4 mana 7/7s?

nerf plz. Too much skill in drawing the 1 card needed to win, etc, etc.

I kid, nice job taking all the way down to fatigue against a Shaman. Did you feed the C'thun a bunch of 4 mana 7/7s?

He didn't play any 7/7s, just fire elementals and some thunder bluff valiants iirc. Replay: https://hsreplay.net/replay/RshPL5hac5AYUzqhKmqagg

edit:
Oh, I had brann on board for 2 c'thun blade uses, once on a 8 attack minion lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom