• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT7/7| _ Give Tyrande | _ Blizzard: Give Amazon Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

KuroNeeko

My new favorite thing is to go into Wild with Freeze Mage and bully Priests.

Fuck Anduin and his cocky "wow" bullshit, thanks for giving me all the time in the world to draw all my burn.

I always said I'd never play Freeze Mage, but you know what? The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

UR A LIAR AND A BAD PERSON

edit: Should be interesting to see if you're still playing when the Priest Renaissance comes.

patchday

My new favorite thing is to go into Wild with Freeze Mage and bully Priests.

Fuck Anduin and his cocky "wow" bullshit, thanks for giving me all the time in the world to draw all my burn.

I always said I'd never play Freeze Mage, but you know what? The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Why you not like Freeze mage? I actually think its fun deck to play but maybe I'm crazy or just lazy

wiibomb

someone played yogg against me, first spell was purify. SeemsGood

now with this nerf applied seems like yogg can still pull a huge swing, but that is pretty unlikely and now it even seems to backfire more times than desired.

may be yogg has become way too uncertain to play at a competitive level.

Levi

Banned
UR A LIAR AND A BAD PERSON

edit: Should be interesting to see if you're still playing when the Priest Renaissance comes.

I'll either play a Priest counter or play Priest IF Priest is ever a large percent of ladder. (Which I doubt, no one wants that, including Blizzard. A meta that revolves around Priest would be super frustrating and lose them a chunk of casual players.)

Why you not like Freeze mage? I actually think its fun deck to play but maybe I'm crazy or just lazy

When I was a new player and didn't know the game, I faced a freeze mage who froze my board every turn and then OTKed me. I thought it was bullshit that I couldn't do anything on my turns and then just died. That hatred has lasted for the last two years, but I needed a way to clear my Mage quest and I really don't like piloting Tempo Mage and control Mage is just bad. So, I tried Freeze Mage.

Making Priest players sad is reason enough for me to keep practicing the deck. (I really dislike playing against Priest, and I always have.)

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Yes, on iOS and Android. :D The Yogg era is over, now we get another two months or so of the Shaman era and then new cards and a new meta.

So is it still not out on Amazon yet then? I checked before bed last night and didn't bother since I was in a hurry this morning and prolly won't be playing till the night anyhow.

Levi

Banned
So is it still not out on Amazon yet then? I checked before bed last night and didn't bother since I was in a hurry this morning and prolly won't be playing till the night anyhow.

My understanding is that Amazon lags a bit behind Android because they have their own approval process. I haven't heard one way or the other on the Amazon version, so I don't know for sure what's going on there.

shouldn't we be waiting 3 or 4 months before next expansion?

We are due one more in 2016, it'll probably hit December based on past years, and then we'll get another in April or so along with the Rotation of TGT, LOE and BRM into Wild.

Yes, on iOS and Android. :D The Yogg era is over, now we get another two months or so of the Shaman era and then new cards and a new meta.

i love Yogg ;)

yea its not on amazon yet, wanted to but some classic packs for dust.

might get some TGT packs but the only 2 cards i need are another arcane blast and justicar.

Levi

Banned
Disenchanted yogg and crafted tinkmaster. no regrets

Coming soon:

CptM0AhVIAAsiH2.jpg:large

manhack

since nerf yogg has been played against me twice and it destroyed me both times. Not sure it was actually nerfed.

Yeah it will still have strong turns, but we can at least feel good that it is consistently a bad play instead of consistently a good play.

Xanathus

Yeah it will still have strong turns, but we can at least feel good that it is consistently a bad play instead of consistently a good play.

It's actually still more likely to be a good play when you're behind. That's kinda why I said it's the FIRST time the nerf has actually benefited me because more often than not Yogg is still good...

Dahbomb

If I had to venture a guess, I would say that players would still bring Yogg in their Druid decks at Blizzcon.

As a comeback mechanic it still fits that role.

patchday

I guess I'm a shallow hypocrite. I don't mind losing to a Yogg every so often but I dont want pros using him. We want to watch them play the game. so by all means roll out some more nerf to discourage them from thinking, "Omg I better cram in Yogg in all my deck to compete!"

Anyone know how long you get the full dust value of the nerfed cards for?

Also, if you craft a card that's been nerfed can you dust it for what the same cost?

wiibomb

Anyone know how long you get the full dust value of the nerfed cards for?

Also, if you craft a card that's been nerfed can you dust it for what the same cost?

until two weeks from the day the patch was available, so until next Oct. 17th

also, yes. You can craft and disenchant at the same cost for these weeks. then the disenchanting will come down again, like normal

Dahbomb

Blizzard was very close to nerfing Tunnel Trogg. These 5 cards were on the chopping block last minute but they pulled back:

Ayala says Tunnel Trogg, Totem Golem, Thing from Below, and even Doomhammer were discussed and admits that the foremost was "very close" to being changed.

Based on the interviews it seems like Blizzard is going to make a conscious effort to not put cards like Tuskar Totemic in the game in the future.

Ladekabel

I hoped Cabalist's Tome would have been on the chopping block. With Babbling Book and Tome they pull so many goddamn spells out of their ass. There is a time when it stops being fun to play around a miracle pyroblast out of nowhere.

wiibomb

Blizzard was very close to nerfing Tunnel Trogg. These 5 cards were on the chopping block last minute but they pulled back:

Based on the interviews it seems like Blizzard is going to make a conscious effort to not put cards like Tuskar Totemic in the game in the future.

I got a feeling this had some of the sense that kibler mentioned in his analysis.

They didn't want to change the cards because most of those were ultimately rotating out soon, however they will become eventually a problem of wild, which was the argument kibler tried to make: don't nerf them, move them to wild to let the original people enjoy their old decks. The difference is that instead of moving them, they are just going to ignore them for the little time they will remain in stardard.

it is still weird to me because wild feels more like a dumpster of old and forgotten things.

I've honestly not missed Tunnel Trogg very much in midrange shaman, you won't get the runaway win ever once in awhile where you just go off with it turn 1 but Argent Squire worked much better with flametongue totem and rockbiters.

I have two golden Doomhammers. Blizzard pls just nerf it already.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
I have two golden Doomhammers. Blizzard pls just nerf it already.

I feel like it is pretty pointless to nerf Doomhammer. Nobody has even suggested what a Doomhammer nerf would look like. Hitting Rockbiter instead made more sense.

wiibomb

I'm not sure dumpster is the right word for it. More like exile for undesirables and things that ruin your perfect vision.

that's another valid description. The design itself tries to tell that when you enter the wild crafting page and everything is darker, more gritty.. the exiles land. The cards themselves have different flavor text boxes

Make it cost the same as the other epic weapons

well it cost 7... it is just overloaded.

I don't see a good nerf for doomhammer itself, I saw miles better the nerf to rockbitter, which was the card doom hammer always needed for the ginormous burst damage. I cannot longer make a turn 7 combo of 16 damage. doomhammer has only 2 attack, and it had to always consider the damage the hero takes with each hit, throwing the wep to the face is no really that much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom