• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT7/7| _ Give Tyrande | _ Blizzard: Give Amazon Money

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I haven't really been following the fallout from the nerfs. Is Renolock making a comeback?

Although it seems like all people did was go from aggro Shaman to aggro Warrior now.

manhack

So, I haven't really been following the fallout from the nerfs. Is Renolock making a comeback?

Although it seems like all people did was go from aggro Shaman to aggro Warrior now.

I was playing Renolock because Tyrande promotion and big streamers playing Priest made it a good proposition. It doesn't hurt there are a ton of Control warriors too.

The game has been pretty good the last day. Lot's of control match ups and experimental decks.

Will take a week or so until people go back to Shaman or find the new OP deck of the moment I suppose.

It's also been a good time for my Paladin deck. The lack of OP shaman crap and shitty Secret Hunters (terrible deck IMO) and Control Warriors have made things pretty easy.

Dahbomb

Renolock is probably an acceptable deck to bring at tournaments.

I think Blizzcon can be interesting if people ban Shaman. Like I can bring a 4-5 deck line up to counter Control Warrior as it is expected to be very popular at tournaments and then ban out Shaman.

Zoggy

Done giving money to this game. Yogg nerf was bullshit.

I'll watch trump and Kripp stream but that's it. Aggro ain't fun control is pointless, the only fun was yogg

jgminto

I liked Yogg too but if the only enjoyment you were getting from the game was a virtual slot machine on Turn 10, yeah, you probably shouldn't be spending money.

bjaelke

People are definitely giving control decks another try. I'm all for it slowing down just a bit. Allows for more experimental decks.

tamminen

Im really liking the combo Renolock. Feels erm, kind of, similar to old handlock and waiting for those sweet Leeroy combo pieces is like waiting for christmas. Pretty easy to pull off cause its pretty much enough to get one of the pieces discounted by Emperor. And yes its far more viable now that some of the aggro decks are gone.

What Im not liking after the nerfs is the return of freeze mage. What a stupid deck. Impossible to play around the fact they might do a 20++ dmg combo ridiculously early with the aid of apprentices and possibly emperor. The aggro version of freeze is interesting but its so cheesy I think Im just gonna hate that one aswell just to hate the mage in general.

patchday

My 40/43 cthun was the very last card in the deck... and the shaman was friendly enough to stick around til I drew it!

.eJwNzEEOgyAQAMC_cBd2ERB9Qe99gCG4ARMFAttT07_X6xzmKz79EpvIzG1sSh3niLUfcnDtIZFMtaaLQjuHjPVWgTnEfFPhodAh2sUAgEXrYdVe6XmGxa_aeYOzecypF4XO-ekK7e_YicrIlXeECeyEbgeQiBKNbCWJ3x81KSyQ.uACAKl9SrGckUKJQd3JpaewkxKI

that must've been a real nail bitter. GJ!

I'll watch trump and Kripp stream but that's it. Aggro ain't fun control is pointless, the only fun was yogg

What rank are you? I've been having lots of easy matches so far. Only had time to get to 18. Planning to go for rank 10 this month at least. The meta shakeup has been favorable for me

Levi

Banned
1UAoZpu.jpg

Shit morning, queue nothing but super frustrating match ups, finally am in a dominant position and about to get my first win, get disconnected, immediately restart the client, get this message.

I'm about to die of Sodium poisoning. :(

Bye, Felicia. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

patchday

1UAoZpu.jpg

Shit morning, queue nothing but super frustrating match ups, finally am in a dominant position and about to get my first win, get disconnected, immediately restart the client, get this message.

I'm about to die of Sodium poisoning. :(

That sucks ;(

Ripenen

This seems like a good time to play Arena while all the good players are trying to establish/adapt to the new meta. I'm 4-1 with a warlock which is a great run for me.

wiibomb

Hunter's are having some real problems without CotW so early...

well.. I'm having problems as hunter ha ha

This seems like a good time to play Arena while all the good players are trying to establish/adapt to the new meta. I'm 4-1 with a warlock which is a great run for me.

I made yesterday one of the worst arenas I've made, only 3 before I got knocked out. got some bad decisions :(

Xanathus

That doesn't really work because generally ladder players play ladder and arena players play arena. At most it may make the lower wins easier but the higher win tier matchmaking will still be the same.

DSmalls84

Haven't been able to play much this week but does it seem like Yogg and COTW will still be prominent in the new Meta? It would be nice to get some dust but I don't want to prematurely dust anything.

wiibomb

Haven't been able to play much this week but does it seem like Yogg and COTW will still be prominent in the new Meta? It would be nice to get some dust but I don't want to prematurely dust anything.

I would suggest to dust everything right away, because you can later craft them if you need them for the same amount. may be just be careful of spending that dust until it is safe to let those cards go

Xanathus

Yeaaaaah as I predicted this brawl isn't actually as complex and strategic as people thought it would be when datamined. Just like normal Hearthstone it literally comes down to your draws and who can snowball first, basically like a zoo vs zoo game.

bjaelke

Yeaaaaah as I predicted this brawl isn't actually as complex and strategic as people thought it would be when datamined. Just like normal Hearthstone it literally comes down to your draws and who can snowball first, basically like a zoo vs zoo game.

That's because it's 10 hp

ExVicis

Goddamn I just had an amazing game, almost won with 1 health but I kept getting board clears on everything the guy put out until I got taunts. Almost won until I got greedy with a Fel Reaver and discarded myself to fatigue. If I hadn't thrown it down I would have beat him, ah well it was fun all the same.

wiibomb

I like this tavern brawl, but why did they change the Hero powers? the discover mechanic was needed for strategy and faster card draw

wiibomb

Holy shit this brawl is horrible. Going first is the most ridiculous advantage ever. Was this even tested?

I thought the same, but after playing several times as first and then losing, I started seeing it is pretty much about how you spend the coin

EDIT: I just won as second, again. it is a matter of knowing how to play the pieces with the coin.

Pooya

I think whoever gets double attack first has the advantage. So if you go first and play a pawn and your opponent coins out 2 pawns. You're going to be behind all the time. I'm not sure. Maybe if you go first and play nothing it's better, I won like that. I took a bit of face damage but turned it around, Since you play queen first it's gg.

Dahbomb

Got Abusive Sergeant from pack, nice.

People play like crap in this Brawl. Also they should've started with more HP. People just play the Rook on the sides and hope to just face you down which is lame.

ExVicis

People play like crap in this Brawl. Also they should've started with more HP. People just play the Rook on the sides and hope to just face you down which is lame.
I'll be honest, I'm just throwing down cards in this brawl. Not even trying to figure it out.

manhack

Yogg is fine the way he is now. Hell, some people have said that Blizzard might need to nerf him AGAIN.

I've been testing him in several decks and he still does crazy shit. Sure you will get more games where he kills himself and stops casting than before, but in many of those cases it is a board clear, and for a Druid or Rogue, that is pretty damn good.

Levi

Banned
Yogg is fine the way he is now. Hell, some people have said that Blizzard might need to nerf him AGAIN.

I've been testing him in several decks and he still does crazy shit. Sure you will get more games where he kills himself and stops casting than before, but in many of those cases it is a board clear, and for a Druid or Rogue, that is pretty damn good.

These people keep saying they like Yogg because it's "FUN" but as soon as it stops being an easy win button they all lose their minds, despite the fun factor (soul of the card) not being changed at all.

JesseZao

These people keep saying they like Yogg because it's "FUN" but as soon as it stops being an easy win button they all lose their minds, despite the fun factor (soul of the card) not being changed at all.

I've removed Yogg from my decks for now. Unless you're playing into a full board, the occurrence rate of first spell Yogg kills has been well over 50% for me.

patchday

totally misread this post lol. did u just now find out he got nerfed? :)

They dont understand the 'heart of the cards'. They just see them as power.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"

The fun factor did change. People have more fun when they win than when they lose.

Dahbomb

I'll be honest, I'm just throwing down cards in this brawl. Not even trying to figure it out.
You always want to be in a position where you are hitting 2 minions with every piece... even if it means not playing a minion on that turn to fill out your curve.

Timmies are just scrubs that want everyone to play down at their level instead of learning the game. Games are "fun" so long as they can mash around and win sometimes. It's the winning that counts for them - they still want to be victorious, but they don't want it to be hard. Spikes are the opposite - they want to pride themselves on their decision-making and mastery of the game. If the game brings them down to the level of the Timmy, it's unsatisfying.

Levi

Banned
I liked yogg the way it was, I would have understand better it being banned from tournaments than this nerf

So it's too overpowered for tournaments but you don't think it needed to be nerfed? I don't get that logic. Ladder is meant to be just as competitive as tournaments. It'd be dumb if Blizzard admitted that Yogg was an issue by banning it but letting it continue to ruin their ranked ladder system.

The fun factor did change. People have more fun when they win than when they lose.

"I like Yogg because it does wild and crazy things, not because it's OP" has been the constant refrain of the Yogg lover for the past few months. Well, Yogg still does wild and crazy things, it's just less likely (not even impossible, just less likely) to steal wins, and all those same people are tossing their rattles out of their cribs, tantruming about how the game is ruined and they are gonna take their ball and go home. I always suspected their "Yogg is fun and crazy, don't change it" was just a cover for "Yogg wins me games I can't otherwise win, don't change it" and I feel vindicated now.

Timmies are just scrubs that want everyone to play down at their level instead of learning the game. Games are "fun" so long as they can mash around and win sometimes. It's the winning that counts for them - they still want to be victorious, but they don't want it to be hard. Spikes are the opposite - they want to pride themselves on their decision-making and mastery of the game. If the game brings them down to the level of the Timmy, it's unsatisfying.

Harsh but, reading all the reactions from the "Praise Yogg"ers, probably true.

Hearthstone should have its own category of player aka the "rando" player.

Basically wants to play some random as hell cards and wants to see random crap happen. Then laugh it up and submit videos to Trolden.

Kripp with the hilarious Priest salt.
I think "rando" = Timmy. They want the RNG to win them the game. Or, another good example of a Timmy: this guy at my locals plays Ness in Smash, and the ONLY move he does is PK Thunder 2. He will use this move 20-30 times in a row with nothing else. You can block and punish it over and over, and he will get frustrated and say "Aw c'mon man!" After dozens of punishes, he will get a lucky hit in and exclaim "That's what I'm talking about!" like he really did something different and special that time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom