• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT7/7| _ Give Tyrande | _ Blizzard: Give Amazon Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Levi

Banned
And all of the sudden every freeze mage list has evolved kobold in it.

Most people who play Freeze Mage just copy whatever Laughing says is good. He's like, THE GUY for Freeze Mage. Right now Laughing is running Kobold, so everyone else is.

Mulgrok

won 4 out 4 against freeze mage with my reno mage deck.

Either I can burn them with minions and spells before they get combo or I can reno out of range when they combo.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
A ramp druid got a turn 4 yshaarj out against me. Without Barnes or anything.

Wild growth on turn two. Turn four was innervate innervate coin Yshaarj bog creeper.

I didn't win that game.

Finalow

Wild is...actually pretty damn fun. You really do see a large assortment of random decks and class variety is really high. It probably says a lot that I have a 70% winrate with this so far.
-
same, I'm having much more fun in wild than standard during this season, which is not something I thought could ever happen but considering how things are now it makes sense. at the beginning everyone was running the same garbage-disgusting secret Paladin deck, now there is way more variety and it's more enjoyable than playing shaman mirrors for 3 hours straight. secret Paladin is still top tier but I haven't seen it too much, at least not at ranks between 15 and 5.

Absolutely disgusting.jpeg

Brann, shadowcaster on blade of c'thun for 2x 1 mana blades of c'thun, blade of c'thun to remove tirion with double buff on c'thun due to brann.

.eJwNzMsNwyAMANBduAds80maCXrvABEiFkRKIAL3VHX39g3wPurdT7WqInKP1Zj9GKn1XQ9pPWbWubV8cryPoVO7TBSJqVxcZRgMiH52AODRL_CgxZC1s3fBoqMA6MmSeXLsUv5d5e2VOnMdpcmGMEGYMGwE2jvtSN81q-8PMMosgw.C0nGOGZkUDVPI5PlHkS_3HyNbAs

I should have used the second blade of c'thun to remove my own 7 attack minion for the luls. I wish he let me play c'thun the next turn. He conceded... but I would have had a 40+ damage c'thun due to brann.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Getting a dreadsteed from Ironforge portal in your Nzoth warrior is hilarious fun against a priest.

Resurrecting five dreadsteeds and a sylvannas on turn 12. Instaconcede.

KuroNeeko

Really enjoyed Reno lock

It's a pretty. Strong deck

You should absolutely stop playing Renolock and play something else like...N'zoth Paladin without Justicar.*

* My name is Anduin Wrynn and I support this message.

Absolutely disgusting.jpeg

Brann, shadowcaster on blade of c'thun for 2x 1 mana blades of c'thun, blade of c'thun to remove tirion with double buff on c'thun due to brann.

.eJwNzMsNwyAMANBduAds80maCXrvABEiFkRKIAL3VHX39g3wPurdT7WqInKP1Zj9GKn1XQ9pPWbWubV8cryPoVO7TBSJqVxcZRgMiH52AODRL_CgxZC1s3fBoqMA6MmSeXLsUv5d5e2VOnMdpcmGMEGYMGwE2jvtSN81q-8PMMosgw.C0nGOGZkUDVPI5PlHkS_3HyNbAs

I should have used the second blade of c'thun to remove my own 7 attack minion for the luls. I wish he let me play c'thun the next turn. He conceded... but I would have had a 40+ damage c'thun due to brann.

I shamelessly stole this deck from your hsreplay post a few days ago and have been playing it a little when I need a break from grinding Priest wins.

I don't have all the cards--namely, I'm missing one Blade and one Shadowcaster.
Would you say they're both absolutely necessary? I can craft both, but am sitting on 1600 dust right now that I may save until next expansion (yeah, right lol).

Highlights were Brann / Shadowcasting my Swashburglar. I drew six Druid cards (including two FoNs and an Addled Grizzly), but still lost because I couldn't draw my Blade to deal with his C'thun. : /

Levi

Banned
First time Yogg was played against me Post-Nerf.

ohvS4iP.jpg

So, they didn't nerf the card enough. :(

Luckily for me, he was facing fatigue and Mind Visioned my Nzoth AND Thistle Tea'd three Azure Drakes, which he played after he was out of cards. Then he played N'zoth which brought back Bloodmage Thalnos. He conceded when he realized how fast he was dying to fatigue.

I'm still so triggered that he played Yogg on an empty board and it freakin' lived.

I shamelessly stole this deck from your hsreplay post a few days ago and have been playing it a little when I need a break from grinding Priest wins.

I don't have all the cards--namely, I'm missing one Blade and one Shadowcaster.
Would you say they're both absolutely necessary? I can craft both, but am sitting on 1600 dust right now that I may save until next expansion (yeah, right lol).

Highlights were Brann / Shadowcasting my Swashburglar. I drew six Druid cards (including two FoNs and an Addled Grizzly), but still lost because I couldn't draw my Blade to deal with his C'thun. : /

I actually took the majority of the deck from reynad. He ran only 1 blade of c'thun. I run too because I crafted 2 and I wanted to run 2 in a c'thun deck. So 1 blade of c'thun is fine, but I'll probably keep running 2.
I've only played 7 matches so far, so I am far from an expert.

Shadowcaster seems more necessary to have 2 of. It's probably not deck breaking, but it's quite a good card.

There were a couple things reynad did different. Acidic swamp ooze comes to mind. He ran Van cleef instead of twin emps (I think in the game the replay was from I was playing VC at the time). I am running 2 blades of c'thun instead of 1. He also played his in the pre-nerf meta so acidic swamp ooze to counter warrior/shaman/hunter makes sense.

He also ran 2 brewmasters. I'm running saps. I didn't even realize he didn't put saps in, I just assumed they were there. But also keep in mind that that list reynad made probably wasn't even his final version. Since the deck doesn't have a lot of draw, saps could be a liability. I wonder what I could replace it with. Maaybe.... gnomish inventor or refreshment vendor... perhaps defender of argus.

Levi

Banned
Link Removed, not sure if they're supposed to be public yet.

Last Call Decklists for Europe.

Someone brought both Pirate Warrior and Face Hunter, WutFace

KuroNeeko

I actually took the majority of the deck from reynad. He ran only 1 blade of c'thun. I run too because I crafted 2 and I wanted to run 2 in a c'thun deck. So 1 blade of c'thun is fine, but I'll probably keep running 2.
I've only played 7 matches so far, so I am far from an expert.

Shadowcaster seems more necessary to have 2 of. It's probably not deck breaking, but it's quite a good card.

There were a couple things reynad did different. Acidic swamp ooze comes to mind. He ran Van cleef instead of twin emps (I think in the game the replay was from I was playing VC at the time). I am running 2 blades of c'thun instead of 1. He also played his in the pre-nerf meta so acidic swamp ooze to counter warrior/shaman/hunter makes sense.

He also ran 2 brewmasters. I'm running saps. I didn't even realize he didn't put saps in, I just assumed they were there. But also keep in mind that that list reynad made probably wasn't even his final version. Since the deck doesn't have a lot of draw, saps could be a liability. I wonder what I could replace it with. Maaybe.... gnomish inventor or refreshment vendor... perhaps defender of argus.

I got the strong impression that it was a designed as a Cycle C'thun deck that exploits Shadowstep / Shadowcaster.

The lack of Twin Emps is what prompted me to try it out. The build you posted didn't have them, but did run VC.

Sap was both great and poor for me. I used it once to get extra damage in; the other time I had to use it against C'thun with the expected results while I fished for a Blade.

I feel like GI is OK, but it competes with Tomb Pillager. I guess it has good synergy with Brann, Shadowstep, and Shadowcaster, so it might be worth it. 2/4 for 4 feels so slow though. I wonder if the 4/2 deathrattle: draw might be better since it's offensively statted...less synergy with the rest of the list.

I feel like Defender is going to be too slow. It doesn't seem like you ever have much of a board to use it. Maybe though...DoA with Shadowcaster / Brann is pretty amusing.

Brewmaster, huh...yeah, if you have Brann / Shadowcaster, that's pretty crazy. I can't remember if there's a Emp Thaurissan in the deck, but if so, that could get craaaaazy. Seems like it's adding another piece to an already shaky list though.

Still fun and the first C'thun unit always catches your enemy off-guard. Blade is really fun when you snipe something big.

KuroNeeko

Gawd, I hate Renolock. ; . ;
(No offense to Renolock and its players, it's just another almost impossible match-up for Control Priest.)

I notice they've been creeping up a bit more lately. Seems like people in general are just playing greedier decks lately.

(No offense to Renolock and its players, it's just another almost impossible match-up for Control Priest.)

I notice they've been creeping up a bit more lately. Seems like people in general are just playing greedier decks lately.
1) Make a Priest deck designed to combat aggro and midrange.
2) Blizzard matchmaking magic.
3) Face greedy control opponents only.

jgminto

If you're playing Auchenia/Flash Heal you can save them for when they drop Jaraxxus to try and burst them down. Problem is the semi-successful Priest decks are dropping the Auchenai suite of cards lately.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Wow that prime crown icon on twitch is a magnet if you talk in chat, I said one thing and got 3 people messaging me for the Tyrande code.

KuroNeeko

If you're playing Auchenia/Flash Heal you can save them for when they drop Jaraxxus to try and burst them down. Problem is the semi-successful Priest decks are dropping the Auchenai suite of cards lately.

Yeah, I think Zeta is the only one still doing double Flash Heal. It might be a little better now that, at least in the high teens on ladder, there seem to be a greater number of greedy, more controlling decks.

I can't remember the last time I saw a pure aggro shaman.

So weird playing against Hunter now without the threat of a turn 8 CotSkill. Pretty interesting to see what people are playing in the eight slot now. A hunter I just finished playing dropped CHROMAGGUS on turn eight...lawl

ZZMitch

Wow, I just made the most hilarious misplay to lose. Playing my faituge Warrior vs. a Yogg druid the game was practically in fatigue. The opponent had played 3 Yoggs, first one Shadowstepped and the 2nd one Ganged Up. I was very low on health and just barely surviving his hand full of beasts (Yogg casted infest on a full board earlier). I was at 5 HP and he has 4 damage on board with just one card left in his deck (plus a couple Yoggs and random stuff like 1/1 demons in hand). My fatigue warrior has Prince Malchazar in it and I had drawn Reno from that a bit earlier. I play the Reno expecting to heal to 30 (rather than just armoring up for +4 health) but forgot that the first Yogg had put 3 Ambush into my deck.

RIP. Super funny game

jgminto

Just pulled Maly for lethal with Barnes, that was some serious Heart of the Cards shit. Could have played it safe by playing Thaurissan or Azure Drake but once I saw the possible lethal I just had to go for it.

Mulgrok

I don't understand how I can have a 25% win rate with tempo mage and a 75% one with reno mage. I am just not hardwired to play mage right, I guess.

I don't understand how I can have a 25% win rate with tempo mage and a 75% one with reno mage. I am just not hardwired to play mage right, I guess.

my problem with tempo mage was that i always blew my hand too early. Reno mage taught me to slow down and be patient....to the point where playing 1 or 2 cards or even just pinging was always okay.

so maybe you're just a better control player....i definitely am.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
At least they're not as incentivized to just toss yogg down whenever they have nothing else to do in hopes that yogg summons a bunch of minions or something.

Asbel

I think I am actually okay with saps being in the list. But maybe deadly poisons or perdition's blade in a faster meta or even just cut down to 1.
Can you post your decklist or Reynads? I made a similar deck that started as a moat lurker trial, no longer has him, added one sap but lost shadowcaster. Curious how you're staying alive.

Can you post your decklist or Reynads? I made a similar deck that started as a moat lurker trial, no longer has him, added one sap but lost shadowcaster. Curious how you're staying alive.

FBvNsMp.png

Staying alive with cheap minions and cheap removal. And ERF to bounce back, sometimes with brann it is enough. Especially now since shaman lost some burst potential.

I would keep shadowcaster, because it's value is through the roof at times and for a deck that doesn't have a lot of cycle, I think that is important.

At least they're not as incentivized to just toss yogg down whenever they have nothing else to do in hopes that yogg summons a bunch of minions or something.
You mean like the guy I played that YOLO Yogg'd into Call of the Wild, Muster for Battle, Cabalist's Tome, clearing only my board, and then drawing 2 more cards? :-(

I'm not sure if I hate Yogg or Prince Malchezzar more when playing Priest. Cards with these huge incalculable effects on the match harm the class a great deal. I'm actually really enjoying my Priest play because I like how much thought I have to put into my resource usage.

Sintolol brought Pirate Warrior and Face Hunter, that's a bit different than what most people are doing. smORC!
I hope it succeds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom