• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT7/7| _ Give Tyrande | _ Blizzard: Give Amazon Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Levi

Banned
omg yes you are right, I forgot that.... oh so infuriating, that could be the best yogg that mage could have pulled...

my only hope is that this happens few times now that yogg is nerfed

Of the five games Yogg has been played against me post-nerf, one was bad, and 4 were good. 3 were *really* good. (two of them cast Call of the Wild).

At this point I'm not mad, just disappointed in myself for expecting anything else.

EDIT:

This happened, AngelThump:

https://clips.twitch.tv/zalaehs/ProudGorillaThunBeast

Dahbomb

There's a way to counter Mind blast (probably several).

I did it with Animated Armor. They had no way to deal with Animated Armor and just lost.

Dahbomb

Another way is with Warrior and use Loatheb. You armor up first few turns to mitigate damage then on turn 5 and beyond start dropping Loatheb.

I tried two others but they aren't as effective: Farseer and Trogg (gains damage when enemy uses spell).

wiibomb

I just had a swash burglar rogue who stole a lightwell and a priest of the feist.. yeah I lost.

I also discovered a pretty good combo.

Murlock Tidecaller

First game Ice Lance, lost against Stone Splitter Trogg.

Second game Grimscale Oracle, won against a Druid with Naturalize.

I think these could be good:
Living Roots
Swashburglar
Babbling Book
Thing From Below (probably too slow)

Portugeezer

I've always wondered this, but how does RNG in Hearthstone work?

Say an opponent has Spellslinger in their hand, does that Spellslinger have a random spell assigned to it before it is played? Or does it generate it randomly after it is played based on the servers random generation? So to say, if they play it 5 seconds later it could have generated a different spell.

Same with other RNG elements like Lightning Storm rolling a 2 or 3 damage, could it be different depending on when it gets played?

I am almost sure the RNG is dependent on when they play it, but never actually checked.

Dahbomb

I've always wondered this, but how does RNG in Hearthstone work?

Say an opponent has Spellslinger in their hand, does that Spellslinger have a random spell assigned to it before it is played? Or does it generate it randomly after it is played based on the servers random generation? So to say, if they play it 5 seconds later it could have generated a different spell.
It generates after it is played.

ExVicis

So I just trounced hard this Pally trying to use Grimscale Oracle and Vilefin Inquistor while playing Swahsburgular. I got my own Vilefin Inquistor by turn 5 and had an 8/8 Van Cleef down as well. Cleared his board on turn 6 and watched as the only action he had was to throw down Murlocs to buff my Murlocs. I usually don't emote gloat but goddamn I felt evil turning his own strategy against him.

Mulgrok

This brawl. Malchezar warrior. Start with 64 cards and more dank memes than you can shake a stick at.

I renounced the darkness and won the first game against museum curator priest

100% win rate king of the meta

my first opponent was renounce warlock, and Malchezar crushed him.

Pretty low effort brawl.

Won my first game though with Swashburglar Rogue against Curse of Rafaam Warlock.

Just ended up filling my hand so he couldn't add any more damage and I was able to outdamage the curse with what I had on board.

ExVicis

Upgrade Warrior seems to do alright this Brawl. Just have to switch off in the early turns between playing Upgrade and Armor Up. Beat out a mage for face damage anyway.

Levi

Banned
Did Upgrade Warrior. First opponent: Ice Lance Mage. :( Next opponent, Mind Blast priest who outraced me. :( Third opponent, Malchezaar Warrior, very easy win. He added me after the game and told me I was cancer and a retard. :(

My pack was bad, also. This brawl is stupid.

ExVicis

Did Upgrade Warrior. First opponent: Ice Lance Mage. :( Next opponent, Mind Blast priest who outraced me. :( Third opponent, Malchezaar Warrior, very easy win. He added me after the game and told me I was cancer and a retard. :(

Aw man. It's okay, we know you're cool.

Also yeah this brawl isn't great, but eh it's better than the last two I think.

bjaelke

I consider murloc tidecaller far better, mostly because it has an 2 life instead of 1.

also... this tidecaller fucks up with a mirror match... just realized...

The trick is to trade first and kill the 1/2 before it can trade evenly. After that you'll snowball your way to victory.

wiibomb

how dare he! that's soooo mean!
I truly hate how crybaby a lot of people are in HS

Acerac

Banned

I truly hate when people whine about others whining too much. It's like they're somehow above it but in reality they're being more annoying than the people they're bitching about.

Levi

Banned

I try to keep my QQing in the thread, although I've let people add me and then sent them a nasty message first and removed them. (You have to write it out first, have it in your clipboard, accept the request, immediately message them and remove them. Juvenile but satisfying.)

I try to keep my QQing in the thread, although I've let people add me and then sent them a nasty message first and removed them. (You have to write it out first, have it in your clipboard, accept the request, immediately message them and remove them. Juvenile but satisfying.)

I sometimes add people to tell them they made a sick play and GG.

Acerac

Banned
I got one request from someone who beat me, I accepted the request later, but he didn't say anything and just removed me.

I like doing that, accepting what seem to be rage based requests 6+ hours after the fact. It's funny having them silently remove you later.

wiibomb

Well they take their time to do all that for you! Time to feel special, I guess.

I truly hate when people whine about others whining too much. It's like they're somehow above it but in reality they're being more annoying than the people they're bitching about.

you are doing exactly what you are saying you hate. Unless it is a kind of weird sarcasm

kinda curious, I must say

Murloc Tidecaller guys!

it get rekt by several decks.

one of them is the mirror match, the other the babbling book combos.. and well, the light of naaru is one of the top decks in this brawl

Acerac

Banned
you are doing exactly what you are saying you hate. Unless it is a kind of weird sarcasm

kinda curious, I must say
Sometimes you must be annoying to get across a message to somebody else that they are being annoying, otherwise they may not get it.

Sometimes it's just a lost cause.

rahji

I was facing a midrange shaman with my self-brew reno-c'thun-rogue. I also run yogg for the lulz. so he was at 5 hp and I was at 13 or something. I completely lost the board and he had a good board with tunnel trogg, thunderbluff valiant and 2 already strengthened totems. I had to yogg to come back and so i played it: first spell kill command on tunnel trogg, second spell mind control on one of his totems, then innervate, then again (!) mind control on his thunderbluff valiant and the last spell was polymorph: boar on himself. It was exactly lethal with the innervate for my heropower. That is my good night story today.

This shaman rolled spellpower totem 3 times in a row, each powering up his spirit claws. Hell, the first time I had auctioneer and a 6/something van cleef on board. If he didn't roll spellpower, he'd have been totally fucked and he played thunderbluff valiant before hand so basically rolled a 3/4 to lose. Then I cleared it all and he played another thunderbluff and rolled another spellpower. This happened 2 more times, so total 4 spellpowers in a row but the last was not important.

I still won... but pretty dumb: https://hsreplay.net/replay/RfbjsYjJFKwBW67cTMSXPP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom