• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT7/7| _ Give Tyrande | _ Blizzard: Give Amazon Money

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is that distinction only important for nonwhites anyway?

In my experience at least it's because so much of what I think or do is through the lens of having grown up in the US that it feels wrong to not acknowledge my american-ness and that's speaking as someone who wasn't even born here. I imagine for some second or third generation minorities the difference can be strong enough that the ethnic part of the terms can even feel tacked on.

That said my experience also shows that I've never heard a single Canadian, minority or otherwise, identify themself as anything other than Canadian. They were also all potheads so the ones I've met probably aren't representative of the average Canadian. Yay skewed anecdotes!

fertygo

Neobility play that really well, except the freeze mage game, so many thing he played around exceptionally.. man I envy that kind of read and here I am still throw the win to obvious lethal set-up

Zoggy

Fucking call of the wild

That card could be 11 mana and still be a double auto include in every hunter deck.

They'd just run thaurissian to discount it or hold on to the coin.

Dahbomb

I try to play that face hunter deck I swear I never threat that much damage like ťhat.
It's not a Face Hunter deck in the tradition sense. It's like a Tempo Hunter where you want to draw the nuts and out tempo your opponent, which then leads to more face damage later on.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
This game is the perfect illustration of why I hate Ice Block.

https://hsreplay.net/replay/NVpoShBx8CTuSRLLUkKnjM

I had one fireball in hand and used Antonidas to generate two others. I had all the burn I needed to push through and win the game. But a single Ice Block and the fear of an upcoming Reno Jackson essentially locked down all three fireballs in my hand to the point where two of them had to be used on other things. It was basically impossible for me to recover. A single 3 mana card played late fundamentally shifted the entire game's momentum around.

Anyone been to a live event where the powercore cardback is given away? Is it as simple as going to the TO and giving them your battle.net credentials? I doubt it's a code or something that can be sold.

Yup. You just need to give them your bnet battletag and they activate the code for your account a few weeks/months after the event.

Mulch my Tirion into Harrison Jones on curve, today hasn't been kind to me playing paladin am like 0-4 or so atm and losing this match handily. Down to rank 9 from 5 lol.

Next game dead to dragon warrior on turn 6

Mulch my Tirion into Harrison Jones on curve, today hasn't been kind to me playing paladin am like 0-4 or so atm and losing this match handily. Down to rank 9 from 5 lol.

Next game dead to dragon warrior on turn 6

Sometimes this game can be so cruel. Somtimes you get on a good run not playing against hunters/shamans. Then the next 10 games, you play against perfect curve hunters/shamans who destroy you by turn 7.

The worst part about it is the emote spamming of "That's incredible!" whenever you screw them up a bit.

ok this last game is on me, thought I was playing a doomsayer but it was just a wild pyromancer and 1 star of 10 haven't won a single game since I got my paladin quest.

That's it I'm playing wild.

This game is the perfect illustration of why I hate Ice Block.

https://hsreplay.net/replay/NVpoShBx8CTuSRLLUkKnjM

I had one fireball in hand and used Antonidas to generate two others. I had all the burn I needed to push through and win the game. But a single Ice Block and the fear of an upcoming Reno Jackson essentially locked down all three fireballs in my hand to the point where two of them had to be used on other things. It was basically impossible for me to recover. A single 3 mana card played late fundamentally shifted the entire game's momentum around.

I think you pop ice block and hope they don't have reno. He still had 1/3rd the deck undrawn, so he probably had it but there was a solid chance he didn't. Unless you're running yogg I don't think you had another way to win that game because even if you do use fireballs to control the board, you're not going to be able to deal another 30 damage.

Dahbomb

Silentstorm with the misplay at the end that he lost.

Man the Midrange Shaman play at display at this tournament has been pretty subpar.

Dahbomb

Zoo had been doing pretty well at the tournament despite some people writing it off because of the bad match up against Midrange Shaman and Freeze Mage.

Zoo forever and ever relevant and strong in HS tournaments.

Dahbomb

It was less the Pyroblast and more the line up that won him the game. The other Tempo Mage was on 7 HP when that Pyroblast hit face because he just simply had a faster more aggressive Tempo Mage. With no healing, the faster Tempo Mage tends to win anyway.

But yeah RNG gonna RNG. **** Babbling Book and Cabalist's Tome.

patchday

took kids to a birthday party so missed the rest of the tournament. Was really enjoying it too. oh well I'm living the Daddy's life! Will have to hunt down the vids.

Woot, I hit rank 5! I haven't bothered to do it in 2 months, so it's nice that I'm enjoying the game enough to do so.

Midrange Shaman lol.

Edit: I think it really says something that the strongest deck in Wild doesn't even need any Wild cards. I went 8-2 with Midrange Shaman - not a single Wild card.

Dahbomb

I made rank 5 with Grim Patron last month and I only used Death's Bite, Dr Boom and Loatheb from Wild (no Deathrattle minions).

Ok that's still 3 of the best Wild cards but it was mostly standard cards. Honestly it was really Death's Bite that was essential.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I made rank 5 with Grim Patron last month and I only used Death's Bite, Dr Boom and Loatheb from Wild (no Deathrattle minions).

Ok that's still 3 of the best Wild cards but it was mostly standard cards. Honestly it was really Death's Bite that was essential.

Death's Bite was ridiculously OP.

Dahbomb

Death's Bite was ridiculously OP.
Sure but in a sea of powerful Deathrattle minions in Wild, it feels just right. And it curves into Patrons so well, so key in the deck to get out faster Patrons which is why that deck isn't good in Standard. I actually feel that with just Death's Bite, Patron Warrior could take on Midrange Shaman in Standard.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Can't wait till Wild and Standard are super different from each other in 6 months. Right now there is only 155 cards exclusive to Wild. Next Rotation, it will be up to 363 cards. Also, its a bit amusing that it looks like TGT cards leaving will have a larger impact than BRM, despite BRM being the more relevant of the two before Standard was made.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
It's been two years since Death's Bite came out and there has not been a single weapon implemented after it that is even half as interesting to use mechanically.

Um, are you forgetting the numerous synergies you can try to capitalize on with the whirlwind? That's what makes it interesting.
It's whirlwind 7 and 8 stapled on a 4/2 weapon which makes it almost strictly better.
It's like saying Ghoul is interesting when it's simply a much more cost effective whirlwind since it comes with a 3/3 body.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Also, I wonder if Blizard will ever change how the Graveyard Mechanic works. I think the fact that all resurrection effects are actually "Create a copy of a random minion that died this game" limits what they can do long term, and makes cards like N'Zoth and Anyfin stronger than they should be. At the very least, I think Blizard should update the card text to specify that its a copy.

I just want a card that lets me pick what I pull out of the Graveyard, and something that lets me completely steal stuff out of the enemy graveyard. Basically, the Graveyard has a million ways you can interact with it, and the current cards limit how you can interact with it.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Can't wait till Wild and Standard are super different from each other in 6 months. Right now there is only 155 cards exclusive to Wild. Next Rotation, it will be up to 363 cards. Also, its a bit amusing that it looks like TGT cards leaving will have a larger impact than BRM, despite BRM being the more relevant of the two before Standard was made.

Yeah I am really sad that with all the cards leaving Standard they have nothing outstanding to replace the LoE stuff that is leaving. We are losing Reno, Elise, Justicar (even though I hate that card for not being fair to some classes), and all of the Dragon synergy cards to Wild exclusively. I doubt there is enough room in a single 130-160 card expansion to replace all of that.

And the sad thing is, those cards are all already available in Wild and besides Elise and Reno in some rare cases (CW and Renolock mostly), none of those cards are competitive enough with the Naxx and GVG stuff to see much play.

I wonder if Kibler is going to go Wild only when all the Dragons leave Standard. Prolly not, but it would be nice to see more personalities recognize how fun the Wild meta can be as a change of pace from the "Standard"

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Yeah I am really sad that with all the cards leaving Standard they have nothing outstanding to replace the LoE stuff that is leaving. We are losing Reno, Elise, Justicar (even though I hate that card for not being fair to some classes), and all of the Dragon synergy cards to Wild exclusively. I doubt there is enough room in a single 130-160 card expansion to replace all of that.

And the sad thing is, those cards are all already available in Wild and besides Elise and Reno in some rare cases (CW and Renolock mostly), none of those cards are competitive enough with the Naxx and GVG stuff to see much play.

I wonder if Kibler is going to go Wild only when all the Dragons leave Standard. Prolly not, but it would be nice to see more personalities recognize how fun the Wild meta can be as a change of pace from the "Standard"

Technically Standard will get 250ish cards to replace the 200ish that are leaving, if Blizard follows their release strategy of "Expansion, Adventure, Expansion every year" that they put forward earlier this year.

I think Blizard really needs to up the cards per expansion to like 150 though, so they can release cards that support wild only archetypes along with pushing new archetypes. Like Mech Decks are dead unless they get some support for example.

I want a Tavern Brawl where they unnerf some of the cards and let us have at it.

Except Undertaker because **** Undertaker.

I want an "Illegal" mode, where you are given access to the pre-nerf version of every card since the formal release.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom