• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT7/7| _ Give Tyrande | _ Blizzard: Give Amazon Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
I know I'm late to the party, but this is the dumbest brawl, lol

Murloc Tidecaller beats Mind Blast
Mind Blast beasts Maelstrom Portal
Maelstrom Portal beats Murloc Tidecaller

You might get lucky if you play some other nonsense

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Even though I went 1-6 with Curse of Rafaam, that was still fun. Though the one guy I beat, lost only because he misplayed, and emptied his hand enough to give me lethal before I died.

I personally just did Tidecaller's as Warlock to finish up some quests.

ZeroX03

Banned
Drew an Everyfin is Awesome using a Murloc Tidecaller deck in the brawl. Good fun. Got that win five brawls quest cleared in ten minutes too.

Selfless Hero beats both Tidecaller and Mind Blast and I've never seen anyone play Maelstrom Portal but that might just be my luck. Shitty luck also makes you lose to Mind Blast if you don't draw enough Selfless Heroes in time.

vall03

Meh, still have 100% winrate with my Hungry Crab in Tavern Brawl. Easy quests and gold!

I concede to everything else though lol

Selfless Hero beats both Tidecaller and Mind Blast and I've never seen anyone play Maelstrom Portal but that might just be my luck. Shitty luck also makes you lose to Mind Blast if you don't draw enough Selfless Heroes in time.

Yeah, I'm getting the most consistency out of Selfless Hero. There's always an awkward pause from my opponent at the start of turn 3 when it's dawning on them that their uber-deck of Murlocs or Mindblasts aren't gonna work.

patchday

had a good run this morning with this new secret hunter deck (had a Hunter quest) on the ladder. nice quick games & wins too which is all I can ask for. Encountered two prince malchezzar decks back-to-back not sure what that was about but I'll take the wins

Will go back to malygos rogue at some point though.

edit: Wow you guys really digging this Brawl! Cool

I want a Tavern Brawl where they unnerf some of the cards and let us have at it.

Except Undertaker because **** Undertaker.

Yeah I never got to see Blade Flurry when it was actually usable

ExVicis

I need to watch someone win to get a free pack but I don't have many hearthstone friends and all of those friends aren't online. Is anyone willing to let me spectate them winning?

Edit: Oh yeah and I'm in America.

I used Prince Malchezaar in the brawl and went 5/7 using Rogue. I think I got really lucky every time though. If I survived until turn 5, I won against all the stupid shit people kept trying to play.

I actually had a pretty good run with Swashburglar. The only thing I could not beat was Mind Blast.

wiibomb

I need to watch someone win to get a free pack but I don't have many hearthstone friends and all of those friends aren't online. Is anyone willing to let me spectate them winning?

Edit: Oh yeah and I'm in America.

send me a request, I'm going for the 30 wins with the brawl, so you should be getting it quickly

WiiBomb#1871

Explosive trap Hunter beats all of those.

Loses hard to Mind Blast Priest though.

actually, I beat those too easily since I just hero power them to death

wiibomb

How is that even possible? I could never outrace them, you're just dead on turn 5 after their sixth Mind Blast. That match-up was always an insta-loss for me.

Oh i'm referring to the secret hunter decks, if i don't activate the secret i can just hero power them to death with hunter

Levi

Banned
Earned enough gold on Asia to unlocked wing 2 of Karazhan, so I was able to update my Rogue list there:

rrSQnCb.png

Went 5-0 until I hit the mirror (other Rogue drew the nuts and had a concealed 10 attack minion on 3 and finished me off with an on-curve Leeroy Jenkins.)

Then I faced Discardlock that drew that nuts and lethaled me on 5, and then another zoo which was fairly close but ended up drawing two taunt-givers in a row to stay alive long enough to kill me, and finally hit a Pirate Warrior who was about to die to a board of concealed high damage minions, but drew a Mortal Strike to go with their Heroic Strike (the only two cards in their hand) and had exact lethal.

Thats... enough Hearthstone for today. And that's without even logging in to my main account yet.

Sorry to interrupt the quest-begging with my on-topic post, you guys can get back to that now.

patchday

wow thats a lot of brawls!!

Earned enough gold on Asia to unlocked wing 2 of Karazhan, so I was able to update my Rogue list there:

rrSQnCb.png

Went 5-0 until I hit the mirror (other Rogue drew the nuts and had a concealed 10 attack minion on 3 and finished me off with an on-curve Leeroy Jenkins.)

Then I faced Discardlock that drew that nuts and lethaled me on 5, and then another zoo which was fairly close but ended up drawing two taunt-givers in a row to stay alive long enough to kill me, and finally hit a Pirate Warrior who was about to die to a board of concealed high damage minions, but drew a Mortal Strike to go with their Heroic Strike (the only two cards in their hand) and had exact lethal.

Thats... enough Hearthstone for today. And that's without even logging in to my main account yet.

Sorry to interrupt the quest-begging with my on-topic post, you guys can get back to that now.

huh looks like a good deck. I should mess around with an arcane Giant rogue again

ZealousD

So i'm doing this brawl right?

This guy's strategy is to play Ice Block and rope literally every single turn. He hits End Turn just before the rope finishes so that the clock never reduces on his next turn. His plan is to literally annoy people until they just give up.

This guy's strategy is to play Ice Block and rope literally every single turn. He hits End Turn just before the rope finishes so that the clock never reduces on his next turn. His plan is to literally annoy people until they just give up.

took me half an hour to finish that kind of match but I'm stubborn.

Swashburgular is probably the only deck this whole Brawl I've actually had any fun with too.

It is fun. Especially with golden Swashburglar. So many shiny cards. :D

Renounce Darkness is also fun. I pretty much just alternated between those two decks because anything else was not very fun to play.

ExVicis

send me a request, I'm going for the 30 wins with the brawl, so you should be getting it quickly

WiiBomb#1871
Thanks I really appreciate the help! I sent you a request under Contra#1864

Edit: Oh hell I missed it, well sent one anyway.

I faced a couple of those guys. If they want to do it they can go right ahead. I mean he's not just wasting my time, it's his own time too.

Portugeezer

I have come to the conclusion that Fandral Staghelm should be a 5 mana 4/5, being able to coin + innervate it on turn 1 is game killing (i.e. broken).

ZealousD

Okay, so it turns out the ice block griefer had an 80g play-a-friend quest and that was his prize to me for completing the "Ice Block Challenge".

Some people in this world are messed in the head.

ExVicis

I took too long to try renounce lock. This is almost as, if not more than, fun as playing Swashburgular. All the decks where there's no clear counter are fun. Crap where by turn 3 you know if your gimmick counters there gimmick or if you can out race them is just grueling and awful.

Decided to play some wild. I built a n'zoth paladin deck, cause I feel like going memory lane with quartermaster. First match is vs a priest who thoughtsteals cairne and tirion. He also got muster and quartermaster through shades. Barnes actually pulls tirion for me. This guy played muster for battle and completely missed quartermaster synergy by a mile. He goes face with ashbringer, not using it except once for value. He buffs his cairne while I have sylvanas on board... easy steal.

A competent priest would have won that game, or at least stood a chance. I've played priest many times where I have won despite that kind of RNG. But this guy was so bad that despite all that lucky RNG, he still got demolished in the end. I didn't even get to quartermaster.

Okay, so it turns out the ice block griefer had an 80g play-a-friend quest and that was his prize to me for completing the "Ice Block Challenge".

More like 80g play a despised eternal enemy.

I'm fucking done with this game until the dopey cunts at Blizzard do something about Shaman. It has big minions, small minions that get big and AoE clears coming out of it's ass that can get even more powerful. Unless they fuck up royally with their mulligan or their internet cuts out you lose, it's nigh-on impossible to compete with them.... and they're fucking everywhere!

I'm not even spending money on this game and I feel ripped off.

I got a 60% winrate vs Shaman this season, including stats pre-nerf. I think my winrate has risen post nerf but not substantially.

I'm not saying they are perfectly balanced but... not close to impossible to compete with them. They do happen to be very strong in the meta right now, but they're actually a deck that must fight for board. They do it well. But you can build your deck to fight for board and beat them. Malygos rogue does this very well due to double shadowstrike and tempo cards like preparation and backstab. They don't have the burst they used to, at least most of the decks don't seem to be running any charge minions like alakir or doomhammers. Most of their burst is like lightning bolts and fire elementals, very safe to stay around 10 hp as a result.

Dahbomb

Best decks against Midrange Shaman are decks that can win off the board.

Because you aren't going to get board against Midrange Shaman in many situations it's important to have a win condition that can be done off the board. That's why stuff like Tempo Mage, Freeze Mage and Rogue decks can be played as they can burn from off the board. Midrange Shaman has no heal so you can calculate your outs reasonably well against them.

Board centric decks tend to lose to Midrange Shaman because they have efficient small clears and over statted minions.

Portugeezer

Shaman is unbearable at this point. I don't think Blizzard will do anything, we will have to wait until next year for shit to rotate out (Shit golem, tunnel shit, inspire shithead, 5/5 shit taunt), then I think the new weapon and AOE will be bearable.

Edit: 5/5 shit taunt is from WoG, so that will remain.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member

Whirling zap O-Matic for Shaman can beat everything on that list if you go 2nd.

Best decks against Midrange Shaman are decks that can win off the board.

Because you aren't going to get board against Midrange Shaman in many situations it's important to have a win condition that can be done off the board. That's why stuff like Tempo Mage, Freeze Mage and Rogue decks can be played as they can burn from off the board. Midrange Shaman has no heal so you can calculate your outs reasonably well against them.

Board centric decks tend to lose to Midrange Shaman because they have efficient small clears and over statted minions.

Rogue vs Shaman is about board control. Yeah, you can win sometimes off of getting the right burst cards, but you had to have control of the board way more often than not to even get them close to bursting down from hand.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth

What if he had challenged you to the 80g game, roped again, and then conceded right at the end so you didn't get the reward.

Dahbomb

Rogue vs Shaman is about board control. Yeah, you can win sometimes off of getting the right burst cards, but you had to have control of the board way more often than not to even get them close to bursting down from hand.
Even Tempo Mage vs Midrange Shaman is about board but Tempo Mage has alternate win condition of burning out the Shaman after they have lost the board. That's what I am getting at.

Unlike say Zoolock which has very little burn from hand so it tends to lose against Midrange Shaman. Midrange Shaman is the undisputed king of the board right now so stuff that does well against it has to also be able to win off the board in some situations.

patchday

I have come to the conclusion that Fandral Staghelm should be a 5 mana 4/5, being able to coin + innervate it on turn 1 is game killing (i.e. broken).

(not being a smarty pants) but have you done the math how rare that is? It's so rare that its practically a none issue. Actually its a non-issue in my book

edit- I'm not a Druid main but I've never been this lucky ever on my druid.

(not being a smarty pants) but have you done the math how rare that is? It's so rare that its practically a none issue. Actually its a non-issue in my book

edit- I'm not a Druid main but I've never been this lucky ever on my druid.

got it two games in a row today immediately followed up by power of the wild. I did not lose those games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom