• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT7/7| _ Give Tyrande | _ Blizzard: Give Amazon Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dahbomb

(not being a smarty pants) but have you done the math how rare that is? It's so rare that its practically a none issue. Actually its a non-issue in my book

edit- I'm not a Druid main but I've never been this lucky ever on my druid.
It's exactly 4.4%.

We have a chart for these things.

4.4 isn't "so rare" that it's practically a non issue. especially when we start to consider stuff like Violet Teacher as another win condition off of the Innervate opener.

The more minions they print at 4 mana that are game winning if they stick for multiple terms, the better these percentages become over time.

Levi

Banned
Midrange Shaman is keeping all the aggro decks in check and is the reason slow decks such as Maly druid and miracle rogue are good right now.

Midrange Shaman goes away and all the aggro comes rushing back and all the fun decks get pushed back out of the meta.

I still haven't lost to yogg post-nerf. This one guy's yogg looked like it was about to be really good until it used hellfire killing himself.

Another yogg managed to buff one of my minions and cast confuse, increasing my damage, before shadowstepping itself. lol

Even Tempo Mage vs Midrange Shaman is about board but Tempo Mage has alternate win condition of burning out the Shaman after they have lost the board. That's what I am getting at.

Unlike say Zoolock which has very little burn from hand so it tends to lose against Midrange Shaman. Midrange Shaman is the undisputed king of the board right now so stuff that does well against it has to also be able to win off the board in some situations.

The only decks that really don't win from board atm are like removal warrior and freeze mage. The reason mage was so great with yogg is because it allowed them to fight for board against shaman when the tempo mage unsuccessfully is able to get the board in the early and mid game.

Same thing with druid. Even Maly druid typically needs to fight for board.

In other words, almost all those match ups are determined by who has board control. Very rarely is it about who wins from burst. When that happens, especially in tempo mage, it's because they had board control long enough to deal enough damage to even stand a chance at winning from hand.

Really only freeze mage can not fight for board control, and removal warrior as well.

edit:
I would say if you are right in that non-board decks could win easily because shaman is weak to that strategy, I'd say face decks would be super good right now. Because they could then win despite ignoring board. But that isn't the case even remotely. Non-board decks are weak now with the exception of freeze mage because they can easily stop a deck like shaman that lacks the reach and faster cards to consistently take them out and removal warrior because of similar reasons but with a different end game plan. Granted, shaman fares a lot better vs control warrior than freeze mage.

The only caveat I have is that secret hunter could be an upcoming deck that could be part of the exception list.

So i'm doing this brawl right?

This guy's strategy is to play Ice Block and rope literally every single turn. He hits End Turn just before the rope finishes so that the clock never reduces on his next turn. His plan is to literally annoy people until they just give up.

Man that's crazy, I just faced someone that did this. I started roping him too since I have all the time in the world and he eventually stopped, but I kept going until the end.

fertygo

Well the new face hunter and new archetype of spell druid had positive winrate against mid shaman, bring out your spell power minion boys.

It really sucks knowing Hunter is guaranteed to be a top 3 class for the next 2 years just because Call of the Wild exists.

Raising the cost from 8 to 9 doesn't really do much when you're getting 12+ mana worth of stats.

It really sucks knowing Hunter is guaranteed to be a top 3 class for the next 2 years just because Call of the Wild exists.

Raising the cost from 8 to 9 doesn't really do much when you're getting 12+ mana worth of stats.

It changed a lot. Midrange hunter is pretty much extinct. And midrange hunter was definitely stronger than secret hunter...

BTW, hunter isn't top 3 right now... so...

Dahbomb

Secret Hunter only wins against Midrange Shaman if it gets the nuts or close to it.

Well the new face hunter and new archetype of spell druid had positive winrate against mid shaman, bring out your spell power minion boys.
Link to these decks? I seriously doubt they have a positive win rate but maybe I am missing something.

I've climbed to 70% winrate this season with maly rogue. Continuing to truck into rank 4 although I haven't played but a couple games last couple days.

Dominating a shaman from board as maly rogue replay.

Secret Hunter only wins against Midrange Shaman if it gets the nuts or close to it.

Link to these decks? I seriously doubt they have a positive win rate but maybe I am missing something.

He might be referring to reynad's moonkin maly druid he was playing on stream the previous night. Moonkin + swipe board clears.

I'm climbing pretty well with the aggro freeze mage list on reddit. I dropped secret hunter when I ran into a wall around 12, last night played a few matches and took aggro freeze to 10.

It is really good against Midrange Shaman and pretty good vs. Hunter. Hardest match for me so far are Paladin and Priest actually. I'm running into lots of Dragon Paladin and Resurrect Priest at these levels and their healing is tough to overcome. To be fair though, I think I just need to be more patient with when I'm using my burn and its not like their minions can do a ton of damage each turn so no big deal.

patchday

I've climbed to 70% winrate this season with maly rogue. Continuing to truck into rank 4 although I haven't played but a couple games last couple days.

Dominating a shaman from board as maly rogue replay.

Thank you!! I see why I lost against the totem shaman other day. I never mulligan for Shaodw Strike which is beneficial for dealing with the totem golem.

This is a huge help. Pictures are worth a thousand words and replays are worth much more

I'm climbing pretty well with the aggro freeze mage list on reddit. I dropped secret hunter when I ran into a wall around 12, last night played a few matches and took aggro freeze to 10..

I really should keep trying to climb. I tend to park at 15 since I play so many games! Right now Overwatch is running Halloween event so that will be a distraction. I would like to hit rank 10 someday....

edit- btw what freeze mage deck you using?

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Ugh I have two rogue quests and I hate that class so much.

I still haven't opened any preps. It's basically the only critical epics I'm missing from the classic set.

Ladekabel

When you have to win 3 games with a class for 50 gold and you're one win away but after 5 games you still haven't won because your opponents had the nuts opening + every answer needed for five games in a row.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
I'm a hunter main myself. Could I see you decklist? Interested in learning what you're playing.

Sure.

6gbydm6.png

patchday

^ Interesting a mid hunter (well, you know with Ragnaros in there for good measure & post nerfed CoTW)

Wow just crossed into rank 14. just playing my secret hunter casually... feels good. Normally I stop doing ladder at 15. might try to keep going this month

Thank you!! I see why I lost against the totem shaman other day. I never mulligan for Shaodw Strike which is beneficial for dealing with the totem golem.

This is a huge help. Pictures are worth a thousand words and replays are worth much more

I really should keep trying to climb. I tend to park at 15 since I play so many games! Right now Overwatch is running Halloween event so that will be a distraction. I would like to hit rank 10 someday....

edit- btw what freeze mage deck you using?

check this one out: https://www.reddit.com/r/hearthston...vhs_valet_aggro_freeze_mage_704_5021_winrate/

patchday

omg! My buddy loves priest so darn much. This is annoying cause I got a spectate quest and he's not winning a match to save his life lol. Bout to give up on completing this quest and wait on my other friend to logon thats super good

oh snap I had that bookmarked. Havent gotten a chance to try that build. Thanks for the reminder

Ugh I have two rogue quests and I hate that class so much.

I still haven't opened any preps. It's basically the only critical epics I'm missing from the classic set.

Preparation is rogue bread & butter though ;(

Maybe run Arcane Giants or do some cheese with Leroy Jenkins + that spell that gives +4/+4

omg! My buddy loves priest so darn much. This is annoying cause I got a spectate quest and he's not winning a match to save his life lol. Bout to give up on completing this quest and wait on my other friend to logon thats super good

oh snap I had that bookmarked. Havent gotten a chance to try that build. Thanks for the reminder

yea its really solid. take it to some casual matches first before you bring it to ladder. don't fret if you lose to random stuff that you won't see on ladder its not that big of a deal.

you have a ton of burst so try to go for face as often as you can. frostbolts you really want to conserve as much as possible b/c you have the lances in your deck which can bring out a ton of damage.

dont forget you have two free turns with the ice block as well.

patchday

^ damn I'm gonna have to craft a 2nd ice bloock

And wtf my dragon priest buddy just lost 4th match in a row this is awful lmao I've never seen him lose so much ever

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
^ Interesting a mid hunter (well, you know with Ragnaros in there for good measure & post nerfed CoTW)

It's pretty good, but things can go real bad against Malygos Druid real easy. If that becomes dominant in the meta, might have to make some changes

looking at hearthstats, it's the only deck i have less than a 50 percent winrate against with that deck

patchday

But we don't need that chart. Hearthstone Deck Tracker already calculates the chances to pull any 1 card. On top of that, add the chances to encounter a Druid in the first place. Plus he needs to get the coin

For me it's literally a non-issue to fret bout. I have a much higher chance to encounter a Shaman that will burst me with Bloodlust.

Anyway it's been discussed to death how crazy Innervate is. I really don't care much one way or another

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Blizzard just announced Heroic Tavern Brawl. It looks like a arena-like tournament mode with a rotating set of rules.

http://us.battle.net/hearthstone/en/blog/20324471/introducing-heroic-tavern-brawl-10-17-2016

Entry fee is 1000 gold, but the top end rewards include 50 packs and 3 golden legendaries. Cause you know, why not?

Edit: I initially said that this looked weekly. After reading some more it looks like heroic brawl will replace the regular brawl occasionally.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Heroic Brawl lasts for only one normal Tavern Brawl week and has an entry fee of $9.99 USD or 1000 gold. You can participate in Heroic Brawl for a limited amount of completed runs. As mentioned above, Heroic Brawl rewards scale depending on how many wins you get, so be sure to do your best each run!

What does that mean? Only lasts for one normal tavern brawl week?

Limited amount of completed runs?

I wonder what the reward for 0 wins is.

There is going to be so much midrange shaman in that mode....

Kornflayx

Blizzard just announced Heroic Tavern Brawl. It looks like a weekly arena-like tournament mode with a rotating set of rules each week.

http://us.battle.net/hearthstone/en/blog/20324471/introducing-heroic-tavern-brawl-10-17-2016

Entry fee is 1000 gold, but the top end rewards include 50 packs and 3 golden legendaries. Cause you know, why not?

cGcljXn.gif

BTW Mobius, your Malygos Rogue deck is legit. Even with a bad starting hand I stomped everyone. Bursting Murloc Pallys from 25 to 0 feels damn good

inky

Means you only have 1 week to compete your run before it resets (and automatically lose the run), is my guess.

Sure, I guess. Not the mode for me.

I'd guess a completed run is when you hit 12 wins or 3 losses so they are probably going to cap how many runs you can have to something like 3 or 5 (I'm guessing).

One normal tavern brawl week just means Wednesday to Sunday although I wonder what the player base would look like in that mode in the last hour or two its up.

ZealousD

It looks like it replaces the normal brawl for that week. I guess there is a cap on how many times you can enter. So if you are some kind of God you can't repeatedly get huge rewards.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
It looks like it replaces the normal brawl for that week. I guess there is a cap on how many times you can enter. So if you are some kind of God you can't repeatedly get huge rewards.

Or more likely very wealthy and willing to spend $10 every time to try for what seems like pretty good rewards, but is also probably going to be pretty cut throat competition.

ZealousD

Kripp would get demolished because it's just competitive Standard format and we all know how amazing he is at that Kappa.

I don't think this is true. In the designer insights video they talk about "bad ones". I'm guessing it will be more like Challengestone or Batstone where it is like Constructed but with certain card restrictions.

sibarraz

Banned
I don't know if I love or hate this new mode.

At least since this mode has higher stakes than ladder, it will be cool if you could play with 4 decks and ban 1 of your opponent, but a single deck make it harsh. At least I hope that this is released after the next expansion or some balance changes are made, but still, sucks that for 10 dollars you risk playing a really boring meta where only 3-5 decks could work.

In the other hand, this is the closest to a competitive tournament at the reach of our hands, so is very exciting, and the prize blow out of the water the entry fee

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah this just seems like it will turn into a more angry version of normal ladder. I think I'll just keep my 1000 gold for the inevitable expansion announcment at Blizzcon.

Don't lose your gold on this stuff IMO. You aren't going to be the guy/gal who gets those 50 packs and golden legendaries. Save that gold and use it on packs later.

My real question is that what is their goal with this thing? Do they think they are going to get lots of people interested in this mode? Will they attempt to monetize the Tavern brawls more frequently going forward?

inky

My real question is that what is their goal with this thing? Do they think they are going to get lots of people interested in this mode? Will they attempt to monetize the Tavern brawls more frequently going forward?

Seems like a mode tailored towards streamers and career players.

ZealousD

If the format was literally just Constructed, they wouldn't call it a brawl and it wouldn't replace the normal brawl each week. It is going to have a unique format each time.

sibarraz

Banned
The mode is tailored for pros and gamblers imo, is an interesting take of the game. If they announced this 2 weeks before blizzcon maybe what other things they will have, at least I hope to see some kind of tournament mode or upgrades in the client

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom