• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT7/7| _ Give Tyrande | _ Blizzard: Give Amazon Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

//ARCANUM

So I haven't been following competitive hearthstone. With this "choose your champion" thing they've got going for blizzcon, is there a best player to choose? Who is the easy money on?

So I haven't been following competitive hearthstone. With this "choose your champion" thing they've got going for blizzcon, is there a best player to choose? Who is the easy money on?

I think most people here picked the player with the most recognizeable name, who also has a strong track record. That is thijs. He is running miracle rogue so... maybe he'll make a miracle an earn us all 5 packs!

bjaelke

Group A is by far the strongest group. It's not a given that Thijs makes it out of that one. Group B on the other hand looks a lot more predictable - especially since Hamster is in that one.

fertygo

Most people gonna pick ThijsNL because he like the third most popular streamer currently

But I recommend pick these guy over him

Bbgungun (especially because he had priest player at his group)
Hotmeowth
Amnesiacsc
Cydonia

those guy seem the favorite among top player peer chattery.

bjaelke

One Night in Karazhan cards will now show up with the same frequency as other card sets in the Arena
Terestian Illhoof will no longer use Icky Imps to attack certain minions if it will cause Terestian Illhoof to take fatal damage.
The curtains on the Karazhan board are now affected by the Nozdormu sandstorm.
Hitting the Escape key while on the Main Hub once again opens the game menu.
Illidan will once again play Darkscale Healer during the Tutorial.
Spending and gaining Mana Crystals in rapid succession should no longer cause display issues.
Cards should no longer rearrange themselves at random after playing several cards quickly.
Casting Silvermoon Portal or Moonglade Portal with certain other cards will no longer cause summoned minions to float.
Golden Heroes are now animated during Arena matches.
Spectators should no longer experience graphical glitches when cards are returned to the hand.
Golden Heroes will now appear golden in game again for all players.
Malchezaar’s Imp will no longer be triggered by cards that do not get discarded.
Non-targeted Hero powers will no longer remain flipped if used just before the rope timer forces the end of turn.
Resolved an issue where an intended card played from the hand would occasionally be swapped with an adjacent card.
Increased Spell Damage animations should no longer persist after minions with Spell Damage are removed from the battlefield.
Quickly targeting a minion with Divine Shield with a second attack that would kill it now correctly displays the skull icon.
Addressed a text inconsistency with “Choose One” cards.
Heroes should no longer give a second warning that the turn is nearly over.
Yogg-Saron, Hope's End will no longer cast spells after being Silenced.
“Win 5 Tavern Brawls” quest will no longer be given during days that Tavern Brawls are not active.
Resolved an issue where players that didn’t cycle quests after a certain period of time then cleared all quests at once could acquire multiple quests in a single day.
Blizzard posted the extended patch notes on their forum.
Most people gonna pick ThijsNL because he like the third most popular streamer currently

But I recommend pick these guy over him

Bbgungun (especially because he had priest player at his group)
Hotmeowth
Amnesiacsc
Cydonia

those guy seem the favorite among top player peer chattery.

You've been watching too many NA streams by the looks of it.

That may be true but Thijs also came in 3-4th in blizzcon last year, and won europe championship that year. And for blizzcon, he lost to ostkaka who ended up winning the whole thing. He could have easily been the 2015 blizcon winner. Not to mention this year he won EU spring champ... so no... it's not because he is popular. But, I'd say his popularity is because how good he actually is and how well he has performed the last 3 years.

I voted for Breath because his face looks super serious. I only knew one person on the list and decided to go random
like Hearthstone.

Illidan will once again play Darkscale Healer during the Tutorial.
Blizzard with the important changes.

Also, no Tavern Brawl quest on off days? That's kind of lame. It's fine to save a good quest across days.

Resolved an issue where players that didn’t cycle quests after a certain period of time then cleared all quests at once could acquire multiple quests in a single day.

If this means what I think it means, that really sucks. No more backlogged quests beyond the three you see?

Pooya

If this means what I think it means, that really sucks. No more backlogged quests beyond the three you see?

yes, just burned a quest. nice timing. 'bug' yeah sure. it was a feature not a bug, it was around for 2 years, they fix it now. yeah...

fertygo

You've been watching too many NA streams by the looks of it.
I actually think EU had the best player lineup, drhippi, Thijs and Naiman all is very great player

but after looking to their deck tech yeah they look jank
That may be true but Thijs also came in 3-4th in blizzcon last year, and won europe championship that year. And for blizzcon, he lost to ostkaka who ended up winning the whole thing. He could have easily been the 2015 blizcon winner. Not to mention this year he won EU spring champ... so no... it's not because he is popular. But, I'd say his popularity is because how good he actually is and how well he has performed the last 3 years.

Yeah Thijs is a great player, all of his success is well earned, I actually root for him in emotional level.. such a nice guy, I just not impressed with his deck.

Xanathus

Voted for AmnesiaSC based on line-up, skill-wise they're practically all equal at that level so that's a non-factor.

Also again fuck these new grindy daily quests.

edit: It's just the higher payout ones that are really grindy, though the 40 gold ones are also almost not worth the time. The 50 gold ones are generally OK except for that play 30 Battlecry minions one.

vall03

I really love the new quests! Got a Pirate quest and re-rolled another to a Beast quest. Created a Pirate Beast Warrior that was able to play well against a Control Warrior and even reduced his health to 14 and the maximum armor total that he ever had during that match was 5. Of course I lost that match but it was really fun. I also won against what I assume was Midrange Shaman. Now I want more of these quests, no more pressure into getting a win to complete a quest finally!

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Just got blown out of a game by yogg again. Somehow feels even more tilting than before, such a godawful card.

Greddleok

Just got blown out of a game by yogg again. Somehow feels even more tilting than before, such a godawful card.

Oh hey, as a beginner, yog is the worst. If the opponent get it, there's literally nothing I could have done all game to stop it. Sure I can execute or reduce its attack to 1 on my turn etc, but it has such a huge impact the turn it arrives. Then half the yog users have the card that makes it go back into the deck and just play it again.

Every time I see that I just resign to losing. It's inevitable.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
I chose thijs just cuz i like his stream :3
Dunno what Decks are the players bringin' (Besides Midrange Shaman)

Xanathus

Play Warlock with 30 cheap battle cry minions and just dump as fast as you can in casual. I do the same with Rogue for spell quests and it only takes a few quick games to complete it.

I went with Dragon Priest so that I can actually get wins as well and work towards Golden Priest.

_DrMario_

Playing Casual for the first time in a year using a Reno Nzoth Druid deck. Facing nothing but hyper refined Standard decks.

This game's community is shit.

Dahbomb

Playing Casual for the first time in a year using a Reno Nzoth Druid deck. Facing nothing but hyper refined Standard decks.

This game's community is shit.
These new quests are the first time there is incentive to play some wacky stuff so I think at least in casuals things might improve.

Before these quests there was 0 reason to try to play different decks. You would be wasting your time.

Firebat schooling Cydonia. I wouldn't put money on him to make it out of the group.

I've been watching him play maly rogue vs c'thun warrior and last game he made some pretty big mistakes. As he literally just said while I am typing this, he needs to play more tempo like, especially with his list which runs more minions. Tomb pillager into the c'thuns chosen last game was terrible. Pillagers are one of the cards that let you beat c'thun warrior since if they survive they keep the health total down. He is going all in on the burst which you really need a miracle to hit all your burn with ET while maintaining some resemblance of pressure since his armor continues to build every turn making OTK less and less likely.

edit:
So right now he needs to clear 44 damage, which is not likely since even with 4 burn cards thats only around 34 damage.

edit2:
Now he has won twice with a more tempo approach.

Firebrand

Keep getting terrible legendaries and/or duplicates as my random loot, but at least I can craft another one now.

Ragnaros worth having in the collection or should I just wait for the expansion?

Keep getting terrible legendaries and/or duplicates as my random loot, but at least I can craft another one now.

Ragnaros worth having in the collection or should I just wait for the expansion?

Rag has been a staple since launch. He works in many decks.

Lightlord Rag is a bit less versatile but still decent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom