• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT7/7| _ Give Tyrande | _ Blizzard: Give Amazon Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

bjaelke

I've been watching him play maly rogue vs c'thun warrior and last game he made some pretty big mistakes. As he literally just said while I am typing this, he needs to play more tempo like, especially with his list which runs more minions. Tomb pillager into the c'thuns chosen last game was terrible. Pillagers are one of the cards that let you beat c'thun warrior since if they survive they keep the health total down. He is going all in on the burst which you really need a miracle to hit all your burn with ET while maintaining some resemblance of pressure since his armor continues to build every turn making OTK less and less likely.

edit:
So right now he needs to clear 44 damage, which is not likely since even with 4 burn cards thats only around 34 damage.

edit2:
Now he has won twice with a more tempo approach.
I was talking about the 20 or so Tempo Mage games preceding it and their voice chat afterwards.

Hope the address disconnect soon

Lost a game Becasue the game froze and I had to quit and restart

Apparently a lot of services are being DDOS'd today. I was reading on twitter the same thing but there is also a thread on gaf http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1297843 "DDOS attacks - targeting PSN, Spotify, Netflix, Comcast, etc".

I'm not getting any problems but I'm verizon fios, and I haven't played any blizzard games today so far.

Via chakki twitter, his predictions on who wins groups. So thijs gimmie dem packs. Actually it's kinda weird that drhippi and pavel were 2 I might have picked as well. And bbgun might have been a distant fourth.

I would have picked pavel, drhippi, then maybe bbgungun in that order, after thijs.

CvUvCqgW8AAMKsG.jpg:large

wiibomb

Via chakki twitter, his predictions on who wins groups. So thijs gimmie dem packs. Actually it's kinda weird that drhippi and pavel were 2 I might have picked as well. And bbgun might have been a distant fourth.

I would have picked pavel, drhippi, then maybe bbgungun in that order, after thijs.

CvUvCqgW8AAMKsG.jpg:large

so.. thijs?

I've been thinking that is a good option..

I'm still undecided

Playing some games on casual to get rid of my new daily, and I got 5 golden hero's in a row, most with a legend card back. Lost all 5.

Can't be arsed anymore lol.

Huh, they did change winstreaks. It's only 2 games now.

Shit like that gets changed back instantly. Everything else in the game that's broken? Coming soon™.

Sweet got Rank 5 a little bit faster because of that bug. Which is great cause I just got invited to the Eternal beta 2 hours ago.

What is the bug exactly?

But, that reminds me, I have to try that game out still.

Not sure which game I'd rather play... Eternal or Elder Scrolls Legends... ESL is pretty good but I haven't tried Eternal yet.

_DrMario_

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Barnes, you duplicitous bastard! Don't fucking pull the Murloc Warleader I entombed as your 1/1!

Htown

Man I didn't realize Casual was still so tryhardy. Rolling out my 30 overload card deck for the quest and I'm going up against actual top tier meta decks lol.

Casual is where everybody goes to get a feel for their new decks before they try them in ranked.

Pooya

if only they were this fast at doing everything else around this game. It's ok, I made enough progress toward 5 despite barely touching the game this month. whatever.

Repo Man

So I'm slowly getting back into this as I fancied a more laid back gaming experience that is a farcry from the usual stuff of MMO's and FPS games I play, for which I have limited time for these days. Haven't really touched HS since Naxx and I'm now a bit puzzled as to what to do. So far I've just been playing games and levelling up a few of the heroes I never really played and I'm having a blast but a few questions keep popping up in my head.

What expansions/adventures would be worth investing on ? All of them or just a few ?

What card packs should I be buying ? there seems to be an option for classic, whispers of the old gods and grand tournament.

What to spend my gold on ? Haven't got much atm but Ideally I'd like to use gold for as much stuff as I can although real money isn't really a big issue either ( have job, can pay! ).

Thanks.

fertygo

Priest is such a garbage class the mirror match between kolento and chinese dude in tempo storm stream became clown fiesta lmao

wiibomb

So I'm slowly getting back into this as I fancied a more laid back gaming experience that is a farcry from the usual stuff of MMO's and FPS games I play, for which I have limited time for these days. Haven't really touched HS since Naxx and I'm now a bit puzzled as to what to do. So far I've just been playing games and levelling up a few of the heroes I never really played and I'm having a blast but a few questions keep popping up in my head.

What expansions/adventures would be worth investing on ? All of them or just a few ?

What card packs should I be buying ? there seems to be an option for classic, whispers of the old gods and grand tournament.

What to spend my gold on ? Haven't got much atm but Ideally I'd like to use gold for as much stuff as I can although real money isn't really a big issue either ( have job, can pay! ).

Thanks.

I would suggest you get only classic packs for now. Since april of this year there are rotations in the game, there is a standard mode with only some expansions (the most recent ones) while the other expansions were moved to a mode called wild where everything else will be dumped once the expansions rotate out.

Classic set is the only one that will never rotate, so those cards you get will always de good for the mode. The Grand Tournament is rotaing in some months, so I wouldn't suggest ever picking that now that is so late. Wispers will last until 2018, so you can spend of those too if you get too much classics.

You should be spending gold on the packs, while trying to use money on adventures since you always know what you will get on them, while on packs you can always wait and spend more gold on them.

Try to build one deck if you can, since most of the card you have must be from the wild node with naxxramas.

Also, I envy you, once an expansion is moved to wild, it can't be purchased anymore and I never purchased naxx. Blackrock Mountain and League of Explorers will be moved to wild in the next months, so you should consider them if you want to have them.

clav

Surprised I went 11 wins with this deck.

Lost to a Shaman who had constructed deck and a Mage who had too many Firelands portals. Guess some people are finishing their decks now before the Arena nerfs.

Nachos

I've been wondering this for a while, but are there any good resources on learning deck building? This is the longest time I've ever spent with a card game, I figure there must be a few people here with experience in other games. I'm also figuring that solid fundamentals should translate to any kind of game.

Still very much a casual player, so I'm just looking to try making my own dumb and experimental decks.

Also, I envy you, once an expansion is moved to wild, it can't be purchased anymore and I never purchased naxx. Blackrock Mountain and League of Explorers will be moved to wild in the next months, so you should consider them if you want to have them.
Just to clarify, those adventures will become completely unavailable for new purchasers once they move. There's been talk of taking them out of the "Blizzard vault" for promotional periods down the line, but the only way to guarantee you always have access is by buying at least the first wing of each. You can then buy the rest whenever you want.

wiibomb

I've been wondering this for a while, but are there any good resources on learning deck building? This is the longest time I've ever spent with a card game, I figure there must be a few people here with experience in other games. I'm also figuring that solid fundamentals should translate to any kind of game.

Still very much a casual player, so I'm just looking to try making my own dumb and experimental decks.

I've been making some progress there... but it seems to be mostly a matter of checking card synergies as well as keeping in mind the curve of mana.

often times it is better to have a literal curve on the mana cost of all the card in the deck unless the deck fulfills a weird achetype, Most of the decks I do tend to be midrage-ish with few low cost card, few high cost cards, lots of midcost cards

Just to clarify, those adventures will become completely unavailable for new purchasers once they move. There's been talk of taking them out of the "Blizzard vault" for promotional periods down the line, but the only way to guarantee you always have access is by buying at least the first wing of each. You can then buy the rest whenever you want.

good point, thanks for clarifying. (I hope they release Naxx somehow)

Repo Man

I would suggest you get only classic packs for now. Since april of this year there are rotations in the game, there is a standard mode with only some expansions (the most recent ones) while the other expansions were moved to a mode called wild where everything else will be dumped once the expansions rotate out.

Classic set is the only one that will never rotate, so those cards you get will always de good for the mode. The Grand Tournament is rotaing in some months, so I wouldn't suggest ever picking that now that is so late. Wispers will last until 2018, so you can spend of those too if you get too much classics.

You should be spending gold on the packs, while trying to use money on adventures since you always know what you will get on them, while on packs you can always wait and spend more gold on them.

Try to build one deck if you can, since most of the card you have must be from the wild node with naxxramas.

Thanks a bunch, just the sort of info I was hoping for and will take it all on board.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Casual is amazing with the amount of troll daily decks fighting troll daily decks.

Edit:

Ha, these silly Dragon Warriors and Miracle Rogues that think they can beat my 30 Battlecry deck.

Several cards my opponents are using have "Deal X damage randomly split between all enemies" written on them, when the actual effect is clearly "Kill all your minions, and then deal some damage to the face as well maybe"

Where do I report this bug I keep encountering.

Win 3 Secret Hunter games in a row.

Next 3 opponents all have Reno Jackson and either Ooze or Flare.

I can't even bring myself to doubt how Blizzard matchmaking works anymore.

Thanks.
Spend whatever money you need to craft this deck:
http://www.hearthstonetopdecks.com/...hearthstone-world-championship-blizzcon-2016/

You now have the best deck in the game and will get a steady stream of free and effortless wins - congratulations. :)

You mean people target your deck which is over-represented on ladder at times? Clearly the work of rigging. I saw Firebat include secret eater in miracle rogue due to how many hunters and freeze mage he was seeing at the time.

But maybe the matchmaking is rigged, or... are you Donald Trump? ;)

Repo Man

http://www.hearthstonetopdecks.com/...hearthstone-world-championship-blizzcon-2016/

You now have the best deck in the game and will get a steady stream of free and effortless wins - congratulations. :)

Hmm I keep seeing Raggy mentioned a fair bit, I take its a good card to have ?

I see a fair bit of C'Thun decks played against me and its quite tricky to keep them in check ( or just plain impossible at my skill level tbh ). Is this something one might call a bit of a cheese deck or is it something actually worth going for ? In the long run I look to have deck/s that improve me as a player and make me a good all-round player.

I see a fair bit of C'Thun decks played against me and its quite tricky to keep them in check ( or just plain impossible at my skill level tbh ). Is this something one might call a bit of a cheese deck or is it something actually worth going for ? In the long run I look to have deck/s that improve me as a player and make me a good all-round player.

C'thun decks are fine. The reason you may see them a lot is because you get c'thun for free when you open your first old gods pack. It serves as a high impact card that lets you build a strategy around it. You'll see that a lot of decks have strategies that allow them to close out a game, like C'thun.

Ragnaros is a solid legendary to start out with because it works in a large number of decks. Sylvanas too. These could be your first two legendaries to craft because they are versatile and high impact. And high impact cards is what you'll need early as a new player because you don't have a lot of choice early on in terms of high impact.

You mean people target your deck which is over-represented on ladder at times? Clearly the work of rigging. I saw Firebat include secret eater in miracle rogue due to how many hunters and freeze mage he was seeing at the time.

But maybe the matchmaking is rigged, or... are you Donald Trump? ;)
Please. Reno Hunter AND Reno Priest one after another? lol

This is a consistent phenomenon that even tournaments players talk about. Blizzard finds ways to counter whatever deck you play so you feel inadequate and want to buy more packs of cards.

Ragnaros is a good card to have, no doubt. I got him a few months in and just splashed him into every deck I had - never regretted it.

C'Thun Warrior is a legit thing. AFAIK it's the only legit C'Thun archetype in this meta.

clav

Is it just me or arena is a lot more difficult now?

I'm going on a 0-6 streak soon if I don't win this one.

edit: Finally a win.

this is probably best deck agreed. dunno why people do the midrange version with like no win conditions except having minions on board its dumb. putting rag and bloodlust in the deck is great.

Please. Reno Hunter AND Reno Priest one after another? lol

This is a consistent phenomenon that even tournaments players talk about. Blizzard finds ways to counter whatever deck you play so you feel inadequate and want to buy more packs of cards.

At certain ranks reno decks are really popular. When hotform started his f2p run he ran into 2 or 3 reno decks back to back. After a while he ran into zero.

I don't even think reno is a bad pick after the nerf since decks have a bit less reach, especially shaman without their rockbiter combos.

this is probably best deck agreed. dunno why people do the midrange version with like no win conditions except having minions on board its dumb. putting rag and bloodlust in the deck is great.

It is a tournament variation, meaning they are trying to target a certain deck or archetype with their tech choices. Probably control warrior and freeze mage. On ladder I don't think bloodlust is particularly great, but ragnaros is pretty common.

Dahbomb

Because Ragnaros and Bloodlust are bad against other Midrange Shaman/Hunter/Tempo Mage/Zoo and that's a majority of the decks you see on Ladder. In tournaments you are likely to play against stuff like CW, Freeze Mage and those two cards increase your win rate against those decks.

Htown

is it worth the time to just pick a top tier and try to get to legend?

I've never really liked playing shaman

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom