• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT7/7| _ Give Tyrande | _ Blizzard: Give Amazon Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I completely forgot about the Shadowverse port. Just downloaded it and the port seems surprising good. The 2-3 hours I played on mobile was fun, but I found it annoying to play on a 5.7 inch screen. Looking forward to learning more about the game this weekend.

HS Expansion announcement next week!

What are the expectations like? n-n-...new mechanics? More tribe synergy? Great, versatile class cards for Priest, Paladin, Rogue, and Warwick? Shaman buffs?

It looks like its going to be a Crime Noir expansion. I'm hoping its larger than previous ones, like 150+ cards.

Pooya

If the thing about red mana is actually a game mechanic, the game could see its most significant change yet. If you alter the mana system in any way, it's guaranteed to change the meta in a major way. I hope it's what I think it is...

If the thing about red mana is actually a game mechanic, the game could see its most significant change yet. If you alter the mana system in any way, it's guaranteed to change the meta in a major way. I hope it's what I think it is...

I think it'll be a card with red mana in the name but it could be better than that. I think people may be setting up for disappointment, but it is about time they add some new keyword/theme.

edit:
Goddamn, I just won two nail biters in a row in shadowverse draft. Both matches had me down to 2 health against dragoncraft (druid essentially) and I just managed to stay alive each round to turn it around. In part due to this archmage that deals 5 damage at the end of the round to a random follower (minion). I ended up going 4/5 again due to those 2 games. First time playing as runecraft (sorta like mage, but more combo oriented)... pretty awesome!

squidyj

I completely forgot about the Shadowverse port. Just downloaded it and the port seems surprising good. The 2-3 hours I played on mobile was fun, but I found it annoying to play on a 5.7 inch screen. Looking forward to learning more about the game this weekend.

HS Expansion announcement next week!

What are the expectations like? n-n-...new mechanics? More tribe synergy? Great, versatile class cards for Priest, Paladin, Rogue, and Warwick? Shaman buffs?

absolute priest dominance.

Jadax

I'm a f2p player what should I do - buy LOE wings (with gold) or finish buying BM (with gold), or save gold for the upcoming expansion?

I'm thinking more like proactive early game minions that let priest stay in the game and just snowball into disgusting stompings

I can't imagine them making priest early game sturdier than dragon priest, but then again if they add another sturdy priest minion it probably gets injected there as well. At least dragon priest doesn't have easy access to powerful finishers. Maybe ysera or deathwing. Nothing like N'zoth, C'thun, or Grommash. So if the whole resurrect/n'zoth archetype got a strong early game, that could skyrocket that deck pretty hard I think. And that deck can already be quite annoying as they always tend to resurrect blademasters 2-3 times...

Zoggy

prediction: red mana will be unspent mana that you can bank for later for a huge swing.

so those control players will be able to bank their mana for turns 1-3 and drop a big card early to combat aggro/zoo.

Dahbomb

I hope the red crystals isn't just the Chogall effect printed on more cards.

I don't want self damage free spells that aggro/tempo decks can use to kill you faster.

scarlet

When it comes to legendary my RNG has been quite good this entire game. Just got Harrison Jones when I'm actually planning to craft him!

Dahbomb

Using health as a resource is legit though. I don't see why anyone would be against it.
Because it generally favors aggressive decks.

People think 477 is bad, imagine if you could pay 9 HP to play it turn 1. It's like an extreme form of Flame Imp, with Flame Imp instead of paying 2 mana you pay 1 mana and 3 HP. That's a bit of an extreme example but they could print stuff like "deal 5 damage to self to deal 5 damage to opponent" which would be used by aggro and combo decks which everyone despises. Cheap cards with the draw back being loss of HP vs actual mana cost is a very dangerous thing to include in HS.

And then the flip side to that is printing cards like Chogall which means restricting the effect to slow, expensive cards which you have to combo to even use the effect AND is a class specific Legendary. So you end up making over costed, slow cards that no one wants to play... essentially printing another version of TGT in the game.

It's a tough balancing act and I am not confident Blizzard can pull it off.

Zemm

I'm actually enjoying this as a viewer, this rng bullshit and imbalanced cards being played are fun to watch. I think this is part of the reason Hearthstone is so popular on twitch.

But I can't imagine dealing with all of that as a player, especially when there is a lot at stake.

I can't comprehend how stressful it is knowing that you could lose everything just because of a bad roll of dice.

yeah the absolute fuckery of the game is fun to watch, it's why I watch so many twitch streams. The game is so fucking bad for tournament play that it actually makes it entertaining when there are tournaments because you know fuckery is abound.

bluehat9

That was all the packs I could get from hotmeowth in this part of the pickem, right? He's thru to next sets of tournament and voting?

bjaelke

That was all the packs I could get from hotmeowth in this part of the pickem, right? He's thru to next sets of tournament and voting?
Yep (2 packs for winning + 1 for participating in the vote). It also means he remains your pick at Blizzcon, so you don't get to change your vote.

It also means he remains your pick at Blizzcon, so you don't get to change your vote.
Didn't realise this, I was hoping to flip flop to someone like Amnesiac as I feel like hotMeowth is pretty vulnerable to nerves. Ah well 3 packs guaranteed and the potential for more is pretty nice.

As Tempo Mage playing against a Reno Rogue who managed to Shadowcaster his Reno on the turn he played it... the following turn I burned him down from 30 to 0 in one go. Damn, it felt good.

Wish I'd saved a replay of it now.

EDIT: Just opened a couple of packs I bought with gold for the hell of it...

8djLYFq.jpg

Not bad, already got Lightlord though but it's still some good dust.

cHinzo

Had the play 50 Priest cards quest, so I just threw 30 Priest cards in a deck. Got Doomguard from a turn 1 Mind Vision, enemy played Voidcaller a couple of turns later, I use Shadow Madness to take it and popping it for the deathrattle while clearing the board for a free Doomguard, the next turn I used Mind Games and it summoned the enemy's Sea Giant lol.

Steal yo shit Priest is pretty funny.

5f2dbc5b2c.jpg

JesseZao

prediction: red mana will be unspent mana that you can bank for later for a huge swing.

so those control players will be able to bank their mana for turns 1-3 and drop a big card early to combat aggro/zoo.

Or it'll be like the C'Thun cards and instead of buffing your C'Thun, they'll add Red Mana to your pool.

Hearthstone control mirrors are the worst, but the addition of cards like N'Zoth and C'Thun made it better. At least there's an actual win condition now.

Shadowverse is out on PC. I am trying their draft mode for the first time. It's called take two. Instead of picking 1 of three cards. It gives you two options but both options are a pair of cards. This is actually the kind of stuff I would like Hearthstone to do on a changing basis.

It also goes to only 5 wins, meaning you can draft more decks in a shorter period of time. That's pretty neat too.

Dahbomb also told me that Shadowverse draft is super free.

Amazing >6000 people playing Shadowverse on Steam right now. I'm going to link up my account and play a few myself. :-D

patchday

Good luck Thijs. even tho I didnt pick you for my champion I am still cheering for you :)

He's looking so stressed though. Would've thought he was already balling from all his streamer subs. I know I gave him my free prime sub

CoolOff

Why did both the casters and Thijs himself say/play Darkshire Librarian for "cycle" by discarding a card? The deathrattle isn't conditional on the battlecry going off?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom