• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT7/7| _ Give Tyrande | _ Blizzard: Give Amazon Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tacitus_

That Yogg
1x
1x
1x
1x
1x

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Does anybody have a link to Firebat's Karazhan review spreadsheet? It looks like he left one or two cards out of his video reviews

Edit: Found it. So far it looks like he'll get put on blast for at least six cards, one of which he was far more critical of in his videos than on this spreadsheet. So he's gonna lose points for being a waffler.

manhack

Been interesting watching the reintroduction of Ragnaros as a staple in so many decks these days.

The BGH nerf helped make big minions more viable and if you don't have an answer he runs away with the game. In the Rag mirror you play first and snowball or your opponent plays Rag second and snipes your Rag.

Playing against Shaman with NZoth pally exhausting all their resources still lose in fatigue by a few damage, highrolling 24/7. Srsly wtf how can a midrange deck win against a deck that thrives at getting to play 5 8+ drops in fatigue consistently.

patchday

3 legendary grind in Shadowverse, yuckies. game is very pretty tho. hate to see the dents in people's wallets when they try to get 3 of the same legendary to build top tier decks there.

Sticking to Hearthstone for my main ccg. But I have a lot of deckbuilders on my mobile device when I'm on the go like Ascension, xenoshyft, etc. basically any card game that doesnt have random booster packs that I can play solo cause I dont have time to grind a ladder in other games

Been interesting watching the reintroduction of Ragnaros as a staple in so many decks these days.

The BGH nerf helped make big minions more viable and if you don't have an answer he runs away with the game. In the Rag mirror you play first and snowball or your opponent plays Rag second and snipes your Rag.

Yeah the pro builds have gotten more interesting since the nerfs

1 pack from Thijs, could be worse
by 1 pack

I do like Sylvanas in Druid mulching her can be a huge blowout.

oh that's why he was running Sylvannas

sibarraz

Banned
I insalled and bought some packs on shadowverse, even though the legendaries and animated cards drop more easily than in hearthstone, people must be lying to themselves if they think that with no money they will be fine, I managed to create the cheapest compeitive deck (garuda heavencraft) disenchanting lots of cards, and I can't even play forestcraft since it requires even more dust. Still, with garuda I should be able to farm quests.

Also, has thjis won some matches? a free pack is always welcome

Dahbomb

I insalled and bought some packs on shadowverse, even though the legendaries and animated cards drop more easily than in hearthstone, people must be lying to themselves if they think that with no money they will be fine, I managed to create the cheapest compeitive deck (garuda heavencraft) disenchanting lots of cards, and I can't even play forestcraft since it requires even more dust. Still, with garuda I should be able to farm quests.

You were able to create a competitive deck on day 1 of the game's release with no money.

That most definitely counts as being fine without money.

Shadowverse draft mode seems easy enough to farm. Each run doesn't take nearly as long as with HS. The rewards are less but seem good enough to keep doing run after run.

If shadowverse isn't working out for people, wait for eternal. That's probably the first card game I think can actually give HS a run for it's money.

3 legendary grind in Shadowverse, yuckies. game is very pretty tho. hate to see the dents in people's wallets when they try to get 3 of the same legendary to build top tier decks there.

Sticking to Hearthstone for my main ccg. But I have a lot of deckbuilders on my mobile device when I'm on the go like Ascension, xenoshyft, etc. basically any card game that doesnt have random booster packs that I can play solo cause I dont have time to grind a ladder in other games

Yeah the pro builds have gotten more interesting since the nerfs

oh that's why he was running Sylvannas

Dahbomb and I both made the same S-Tier combo deck tonight. I've never played a single match of Shadowverse outside of the story mode months ago.

I lost my first two matches because I didn't understand the deck, but now I'm something like 9-1, with my only loss being against a Priest that I misplayed against. The deck also has 2 legendaries in it.

Dahbomb

To be fair, if you had a Shadowverse account a couple of months ago then you probably had a bunch of free packs from promotions and stuff.

But still the game hands out packs/gold at a fast enough rate, I don't think it's needed to put money into it.

To be fair, if you had a Shadowverse account a couple of months ago then you probably had a bunch of free packs from promotions and stuff.

But still the game hands out packs/gold at a fast enough rate, I don't think it's needed to put money into it.

I only had to disenchant the sets from 3 of my factions plus the animated cards (which look a hell of a lot better than Hearthstone's), so I imagine that if someone is willing to DE their entire set for that deck, they could. And why not? If you're an experienced card player, you know what you like. I'm enjoying my Shadowverse Freeze Mage, haha.

Some of the factions...I don't even get the appeal. Like the Swordcraft one. What's that even about? I get that Shadowcraft can have crazy stuff like a 13/13 Storm for 5 mana and the 5/5 Dreadsteed, so that makes sense. Everything makes sense to me except for Swordcraft. Heavencraft is also extremely boring IMO. Play amulets...get to do something in 4 turns...

Dahbomb

It's NOT FREEZE MAGE!! There's no freezing involved! :D

Everything makes sense to me except for Swordcraft. Heavencraft is also extremely boring IMO. Play amulets...get to do something in 4 turns...
Well in Hearthstone terms, Swordcraft is the Paladin class. You play a bunch of dudes and you buff them. You have synergies with Commanders and stuff. It's less flood than the Forestcraft and more midrangy/buff oriented.

Havencraft is kinda interesting because their combos revolved around their amulets and it's actually stronger than it looks. Plus they have an amulet where if it stays on the board for 4 turns you instantly win the game so that's cool. Havencraft also has access to better control tools like the ability to Banish which means it can directly counter the Shadowcraft class. Havencraft would be the second deck I would play in the game.

Dahbomb

Midrange Shaman mirror is either the smartest/hardest/most skillful mirror match up in the game and I just don't know how to play it.

Or it's the worst, most RNG driven clown fiesta ever.

fertygo

Midrange Shaman mirror is either the smartest/hardest/most skillful mirror match up in the game and I just don't know how to play it.

I kinda want to be good with mid-shaman, its kinda had nuance in it but jebus its means I gotta play a lot of mirror, and mid shaman mirror is the fucking slogfest

btw any good starting guide for Shadowverse?

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
I really enjoy the Midrange shaman mirror when hero power/ragnoros RNG doesn't mess it up. It's a perfect mix of Value vs Tempo, primarily because it's so good at both aspects.

Everything is kinda like that, but tempo mirrors like Hunter still turns into a pretty tight clock for both players, while value mirrors can turn into who's closer to fatigue or who draws thier win condition fastest, but Midrange shaman mirror is just hardcore back and forth long term attrition. Best thing about the deck.

Honestly, I'm 5-0 against shaman with my midrange shaman this season, but I'm stuck at rank 9 overall which is unusual when i'm tryhard netdecking. Maybe part of it is tech choices, since I'm fairly heavily teched against midrange shaman outside of keeping ragnaros over a second maelstrom portal. Or maybe I am just unlucky. Hard to say with Hearthstone sometimes. Mostly it's hunter that's killing me so maybe I just don't get that matchup yet.

Dahbomb

I don't know, seems like whoever gets better Totem rolls and better LS rolls tends to win. Also there is the occasional Maelstrom Portal RNG and lining up your weapon removal with their weapon.

Tomcat

played mid shaman this season. Got rank 5 in the first 8 days of the season and doing dailies since. My stats were 17-11 against shaman. Rng sure plays a role as always in hs but right now the mirror is the most skilled match up between two players.

Tomcat

Shadowverse draft mode seems easy enough to farm. Each run doesn't take nearly as long as with HS. The rewards are less but seem good enough to keep doing run after run.

If shadowverse isn't working out for people, wait for eternal. That's probably the first card game I think can actually give HS a run for it's money.

I don't think eternal has any chance. Doesn't help that looks low budget too. Shadowverse has an awful UI. As a game its not bad. Elder scrolls seems the best choice for someone who wants something different from HS.

scarlet

I don't think eternal has any chance. Doesn't help that looks low budget too. Shadowverse has an awful UI. As a game its not bad. Elder scrolls seems the best choice for someone who wants something different from HS.

Same. I downloaded it yesterday, game was fun, but I can't stand the design.

NBtoaster

The evolve mechanic in Shadowverse seems like a more interesting twist on the HS formula than the lane thing in Elder Scrolls.

but im not sure i'd want to be seen playing it

Hey guys, I am organizing a fireside gathering but I feel like a complete newbie doing this. I wonder if any of you who have organized one before could guide me?

I have the place set and the event already up on the FG page, how does Blizzard determines who gets prizes and not? [This is because I dont know if Blizz automatically sends a care package].

I want to set up a tournament for newcomers and veterans, what would be the best format?

The place has said its a free event, but obviously patronage is great to make sure another FG happens... Should I talk to the place and plan a small entry fee that includes some sort of drink and snack? Or trust in the attendees to order up something?

Anything I should do or plan before? Tips of what to do and what not to?

Thanks a lot!

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
That feeling when a hunter coins out cloaked huntress and four secrets on turn 2, and you just drop eater of secrets two turns later

Same. I downloaded it yesterday, game was fun, but I can't stand the design.
Really? How is the Shadowverse UI bad? I think it's better than Hearthstone's in many ways.

Elder Scrolls isn't that interesting, IMO, but Eternal is some classic MtG for those who like that style of play.

JesseZao

If shadowverse was rethemed to something other than anime, I think I could get into it.

There is nothing* keeping the HS team from adding new resources or card types in an expansion, but I'm not holding my breath.

*Exception: Too Confusing for New Players (tm)

sibarraz

Banned
I only had to disenchant the sets from 3 of my factions plus the animated cards (which look a hell of a lot better than Hearthstone's), so I imagine that if someone is willing to DE their entire set for that deck, they could. And why not? If you're an experienced card player, you know what you like. I'm enjoying my Shadowverse Freeze Mage, haha.

Some of the factions...I don't even get the appeal. Like the Swordcraft one. What's that even about? I get that Shadowcraft can have crazy stuff like a 13/13 Storm for 5 mana and the 5/5 Dreadsteed, so that makes sense. Everything makes sense to me except for Swordcraft. Heavencraft is also extremely boring IMO. Play amulets...get to do something in 4 turns...

Could you guys give your steam ids (or shadowverse) to play some matches?

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Kripp announced that they are doing a Challengestone at Blizzcon. Should be pretty cool, those have been fun to watch so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom