• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT7/7| _ Give Tyrande | _ Blizzard: Give Amazon Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

patchday

Dang there is going to be a lot of pissed off Thijs fans. sorry guys I know a LOT of folks voted for him. He was one of the biggest names

I didnt vote for Thijs though cause he went out first in Firebat's Batstone tournament. Just wasnt willing to put my packs on him

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Why did both the casters and Thijs himself say/play Darkshire Librarian for "cycle" by discarding a card? The deathrattle isn't conditional on the battlecry going off?

He had Malchezaar's Imp on the board. By discarding the card from Peddler he activated the Imp's draw and pulled from his own deck instead of using the card from Peddler. If he had used the Corruption and played the Librarian he wouldn't have pulled from his deck..

patchday

Yeah you have to cheer and pray for your champion hard like nobody's business cause after they are gone so are your chances to get packs. There's no rerolls. No takebacks ;(

Such is life lol

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Sorry about Thijs, but maybe now people can realise that Amnesiasc is the true king of english hearthstone streamers.

Zemm

That yogg just turned a game from 99% loss to a win. Pure clown fiesta
1x

and it's over hahahaha

fertygo

Even if I'm not voting Thijs I'm very disappointed the biggest name gone this early

He can only blame himself, his lineup is so questionable, questionable card selection.. he had worst druid and shaman decklist in tourney, brought miracoli, and shaky play..

I think the day seeing Thijs as the best competitive player is done anyway, he so focused as streamer nowadays.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
2 of the 3 games Hamster's Priest lost was because of really good Yoggs.

Sad. Priest has it hard enough without the RNG gods forsaking it.

Thats a shame about thijs, but you gotta remember there are no guarantees and when you're playing at the top level no one is that favored to win, especially if you underperform.

Dahbomb also told me that Shadowverse draft is super free.

Amazing >6000 people playing Shadowverse on Steam right now. I'm going to link up my account and play a few myself. :-D

You can do free drafts against friends.

fertygo

2 of the 3 games Hamster's Priest lost was because of really good Yoggs.

Sad. Priest has it hard enough without the RNG gods forsaking it.

Hamster pilot these priest game very mediocre tho, he should had bigger lead at vs cheonsu's druid, the game he pick cairne from curator but never play it.

JesseZao

Been playing with Darkspeaker a bit. I feel like it hasn't been given the full attention it deserves. Currently experimenting with it in Zoolock but also thinking about other decks to use it in.

Code:
[IMG]https://s3.amazonaws.com/hearthstatsprod/full_card/darkspeaker.png[/IMG]

It is a pseudo charge buff. It can be silenced. You can steal stats from PO minions.

Been playing with Darkspeaker a bit. I feel like it hasn't been given the full attention it deserves. Currently experimenting with it in Zoolock but also thinking about other decks to use it in.

Code:
[IMG]https://s3.amazonaws.com/hearthstatsprod/full_card/darkspeaker.png[/IMG]

It is a pseudo charge buff. It can be silenced. You can steal stats from PO minions.

Seems like the void terror would be better at stealing stats from PO minions.

patchday

Wow he let Hamster win on his Priest deck now Namian in serious troubles & stress. He should've just mercilessly beat the priest over & over for easy wins

bbgungun fights the winner so this is going to be interesting

And yeah Amnesiac looking so sharp and uncanny. NA is going to be strong I think

Xanathus

It's probably an insane card in a tempo-based deathrattle deck, probably something you'd see in Wild because you can curve it out onto Shredders. It's simply not seen in Standard because there aren't anymore high tempo Deathrattle cards here.

JesseZao

It's probably an insane card in a tempo-based deathrattle deck, probably something you'd see in Wild because you can curve it out onto Shredders. It's simply not seen in Standard because there aren't anymore high tempo Deathrattle cards here.

It's been nice to keep damaged value minions going as well. That Darkshire Councilman is almost dead? Second wind!

wiibomb

it is my fault for choosing Thijs.. I should have gone with my original decision of hotMEOWTH

there is another voting for next part of the tournament, right?

manhack

I avoided picking Thijs, not because I don't like him, but because he was the favorite. The one thing I've learned about Hearthstone is that it will crush all of your hopes and dreams and Thijs was just getting too much build up. I feel bad for him and hope he still does well going forward. He is a great player, but had a bad line up and questionable plays.

Hotmeowth, Jasonzhou, and Amnesiac all seem really strong going forward. Will be easier to gauge once we get to the final 8.

it is my fault for choosing Thijs.. I should have gone with my original decision of hotMEOWTH

there is another voting for next part of the tournament, right?

You get one vote. The second voting period is for people who missed the first.

I voted thijs too, I think it was a solid pick regardless of the outcome. People say the popular pick never wins, but ostkaka was a favored winner for last year and he won.

fertygo

I mention to you all Thijs bring bad decks, none of what he bring is or resembling the best of said archetype, too many jank card selection

wiibomb

You get one vote. The second voting period is for people who missed the first.

I voted thijs too, I think it was a solid pick regardless of the outcome. People say the popular pick never wins, but ostkaka was a favored winner for last year and he won.

oh no... I'm mad now...

very stupid of me... I had to know better

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member

Most minions with low stats listed in the Gamepedia Triggered Effect page synergieze with it.

The cards with take damage triggers seem like they should be especially good with it, including acolyte of pain, dragon egg, imp gang boss, and patron. Might also work with the out of control growth cards like secret keeper, Questing adventurer, and scavenging hyena.

Evolve shaman is one of the more popular decks for him, since he can give a Manatide or flametongue totem +3/+3 and then get evolved from a 0/3 into a random 6 mana minion.

It really is hard to imagine a dream scenario where it gets amazing value or tempo. Like making a 3/6 acolyte + generic 1/3 minion for 9 mana and 2 cards doesn't seem that exciting, unless you can turn that 1/3 into a random cost 6 mana creature.

fertygo

And I saw pros saying he was favored to win his group, so...

What jank card selection did he bring?

Pros also not like handsomeguy and jasonzhou lineup from what I heard so they give Thijs tiny weight in there.

What jank card selection in Thijs decklist?

His malydruid had sylvanas and auctioneer, auctioneer is ok I guess because most of malydruid use it before go with various other choice, Sylv is just not pan out tho, its really not give the deck edge, the druid deck could've go with combination of geddon, yogg, or war.. I really didn't like his druid list and some other player also highlight they don't like Thijs's druid

the mid-shaman only had 1 thunderbluff in favor of earth shock, which is very strange because thunderbluff is the premium minion on mid-shaman

Thijs never actually play the shaman tho? so its didn't matter, his druid tho ugh.. has proven drop him many games

And he really should bring Tempo mage instead miracoli

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom