• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT7/7| _ Give Tyrande | _ Blizzard: Give Amazon Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tacitus_

Oh, the cap is coming off. BB is going into serious mode, Over the Top style

Serious throwing mode. That Yogg
1x

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
I guess Bbgungun was probably worried he missed his window for lethal and tank up was going to get out of control without an amazing yogg anyway. And he was right, especially after the Sheildbearers got activated, would have lost either way.

I guess Bbgungun was probably worried he missed his window for lethal and tank up was going to get out of control without an amazing yogg anyway. And he was right, especially after the Sheildbearers got activated, would have lost either way.

you still play the ancient of war first. his hand was awkward and he could have yogged next turn

I don't think eternal has any chance. Doesn't help that looks low budget too. Shadowverse has an awful UI. As a game its not bad. Elder scrolls seems the best choice for someone who wants something different from HS.

Yeah, shadowverse UI was clearly made for mobile and it works there but just a straight port to steam was rather lazy.

I think Eternal is going to be a very solid release. It has a singleplayer campaign free from the start, which serves as a solid tutorial to each of the colors. It has gauntlet, more singleplayer content, that can be done for free to help earn your collection and complete quests. Then it has a singleplayer draft mode. This is in addition to multiplayer draft, ranked ladder and casual. Also, the draft mode is way better than hearthstone's (I haven't actually tried it yet but I've seen kibler drafting) and drafting has the benefit of keeping the cards you draft.

What really works for me is the breadth of the mechanics Eternal manages to achieve without the text being overly-complicated. And how well it has adapted the MTG formula to a digital format. It's not just magic being played digitally, it's a game that has been designed from the ground up to be played that way and the mechanics show it.

For example, permanent stat buffs follow the unit to the grave and if you use a spell to retrieve it (no lol rng, you actually pick the card you want), those stats are still there in your hand and then when you play it again. Same thing for sap. Attachments, on the other hand, are destroyed when the unit leaves the field.

Just a couple other mechanics: target your own cards in hand for buff (example: +1/+1 to a unit or weapon in your hand). Buff the top weapon or minion on your deck with +1/+1. Reduce the cost of the first spell at the top of your deck.

I think players who want a deeper card game than hearthstone or shadowverse (and several others) may fall in love with Eternal. And the f2p model is somehow better than all the above due to gauntlet being free.

Yeah, shadowverse UI was clearly made for mobile and it works there but just a straight port to steam was rather lazy.

I think Eternal is going to be a very solid release. It has a singleplayer campaign free from the start, which serves as a solid tutorial to each of the colors. It has gauntlet, more singleplayer content, that can be done for free to help earn your collection and complete quests. Then it has a singleplayer draft mode. This is in addition to multiplayer draft, ranked ladder and casual. Also, the draft mode is way better than hearthstone's (I haven't actually tried it yet but I've seen kibler drafting) and drafting has the benefit of keeping the cards you draft.

What really works for me is the breadth of the mechanics Eternal manages to achieve without the text being overly-complicated. And how well it has adapted the MTG formula to a digital format. It's not just magic being played digitally, it's a game that has been designed from the ground up to be played that way and the mechanics show it.

For example, permanent stat buffs follow the unit to the grave and if you use a spell to retrieve it (no lol rng, you actually pick the card you want), those stats are still there in your hand and then when you play it again. Same thing for sap. Attachments, on the other hand, are destroyed when the unit leaves the field.

Just a couple other mechanics: target your own cards in hand for buff (example: +1/+1 to a unit or weapon in your hand). Buff the top weapon or minion on your deck with +1/+1. Reduce the cost of the first spell at the top of your deck.

I think players who want a deeper card game than hearthstone or shadowverse (and several others) may fall in love with Eternal. And the f2p model is somehow better than all the above due to gauntlet being free.
Agree on all of this. The only reason I'm not putting more time into the Eternal beta right now is that I don't know if they are going to reset card collections on release, and I don't want to invest a ton of time for no reason. Eternal could easily become my #2 behind Duelyst.

Agree on all of this. The only reason I'm not putting more time into the Eternal beta right now is that I don't know if they are going to reset card collections on release, and I don't want to invest a ton of time for no reason. Eternal could easily become my #2 behind Duelyst.

They are without a doubt going to reset card collections once open beta hits. Which is the reason why I am not playing it more right now too. They are going to give some compensation based on the amount of chests or packs you open though. But they haven't said how much it'll actually be and it sounded like it wouldn't be that much.

Right now I think I'll be playing HS, eternal, and shadowverse for draft (maybe constructed when I get a bigger collection). I might even give elder scrolls legends more time once that gets to a more final state.

Kornflayx

Couldn't agree more, I have been playing Eternal for a week and it's really great. Can't recommend it enough

patchday

Couldn't agree more, I have been playing Eternal for a week and it's really great. Can't recommend it enough

I got into the beta only cause for some reason I misread their game description and thought it was going with a different model besides random booster packs. Just don't think I want to fund more than 1 ccg with boosters (got core set in Faeria cause it was one price and only bought adventures/decks in Solforge and maybe 1 legendary chest but absolutely no boosters)

Not sure if we can discuss Eternal since its still in beta? I didnt really read the small print. * Not much time to mess around in it though

I got into the beta only cause for some reason I misread their game description and thought it was going with a different model besides random booster packs. Just don't think I want to fund more than 1 ccg with boosters (got core set in Faeria cause it was one price and only bought adventures/decks in Solforge and maybe 1 legendary chest but absolutely no boosters)

Not sure if we can discuss Eternal since its still in beta? I didnt really read the small print. * Not much time to mess around in it though

They have "soft" lifted the NDA, whatever that means. They also have a discord that anyone can join so... we're okay.

Speaking of solforge, I have like 175k silver in that game after I nuked my duplicates.

fertygo

Could've been a lot narrower win if he didn't get a miracle two turns earlier than normal.

He just one turn away from auctioneer with 2 coin, kinda think maybe not pushing the auctioneer from barnes can be better, but that telegraph the auctioneer anyway

patchday

Yeah that Pavel rogue match was interesting to watch. There was some good plays and he had some really lucky pulls from swashburglar. funny omegazero dies with 3 Rags in his hand though ouch

They have "soft" lifted the NDA, whatever that means. They also have a discord that anyone can join so... we're okay.

Speaking of solforge, I have like 175k silver in that game after I nuked my duplicates.

Oh good to know about the soft-lift. Been meaning to at least finish up the tutorials. Was trying to figure out how to block attacks with a card. I've played Magic Arena a little in single player and found the interface very simple. Will have to try again in Eternal

Yeah that Pavel rogue match was interesting to watch. There was some good plays and he had some really lucky pulls from swashburglar. funny omegazero dies with 3 Rags in his hand though ouch

Oh good to know about the soft-lift. Been meaning to at least finish up the tutorials. Was trying to figure out how to block attacks with a card. I've played Magic Arena a little in single player and found the interface very simple. Will have to try again in Eternal

Think of blocking as sort of attacking in hearthstone. Since in eternal you can't attack minions directly (without the killer keyword), blockers are essentially choosing to attack the attackers. But you can also use multiple blockers to attack a single attacker to ensure they die. When you use multiple blockers, the attacker has the choice to spread the damage in the order they prefer. So it's not entirely blocker advantaged, but pretty much the opposite of hearthstone where it is largely attacker advantaged since attackers can attack minions directly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom